Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

25/12/2017

“I have always thought of Christmas as a good time; a kind, forgiving, generous, pleasant time; a time when men and women seem to open their hearts freely, and so I say, God bless Christmas!” Charles Dickens

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!  It has been a very challenging year for so many but we stayed motivated to push on and push through. If you are reading this post, I want to say: Thank you for your support, blog love, visits and comments. The year is drawing to a close and as we gather with loved ones, let us all remember to be grateful for what is and remember to give of what we have to those folks in need. The holidays is not just for enjoying our abundance, it is for sharing it too.  Below is my yearly letter to Santa… it doesn’t change because situations don’t always change in our world but we can do better.

A Letter To Santa
Dearest Santa,
Thank you for the blessings you showered on us this year. Thank you for the new friends and fresh opportunities. We are all grateful… My wish for the coming year is more goodwill, grace and abundance in the world, and less misery, meanness and scarcity!
Please don’t mix these two up like you did last year! 🙂
With love & gratitude to all,
xoxo

تعطیلات مبارک!
हैप्पी छुट्टियाँ!
¡Felices Fiestas!
גליקלעך האָלידייַס!
Շնորհավոր Տոն!
Boas festas!

To many people, holidays are not voyages of discovery, but a ritual of reassurance. Philip Andrew Adams

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

What do you cherish about the holiday season? The holidays are a time of celebration, reflection and gift giving… Cherish your loved ones and all the things and people that are making this day special for you. While we enjoy our gatherings, we can pause and remember those who are no longer with us and give thanks for their lives…

Holidays by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The holiest of all holidays are those
Kept by ourselves in silence and apart;
The secret anniversaries of the heart,
When the full river of feeling overflows;–
The happy days unclouded to their close;
The sudden joys that out of darkness start
As flames from ashes; swift desires that dart
Like swallows singing down each wind that blows!
White as the gleam of a receding sail,
White as a cloud that floats and fades in air,
White as the whitest lily on a stream,
These tender memories are;–a fairy tale
Of some enchanted land we know not where,
But lovely as a landscape in a dream.

The details for Motivation Mondays are below. Join in! The themes for NOV/DEC 2017 are:

NOVEMBER

11/05 — 05 Guy Fawkes, 7 Election Day,  10 Science Day, 11 Veterans Day
11/12 —  13 World Kindness Day,  14 Diabetes Day, 16 International Day of Tolerance, 17 National Unfriend Day
11/19 — 20 Universal Children’s Day,  21 World TV Day, 23 Thanksgiving Day
11/26 — 27 Cyber Monday, 28 Giving Tuesday

DECEMBER

12/01 –  World Aids Day,  12/02 Abolition of Slavery,
12/03 –  Start of Advent,  12/7 Pearl Harbor Remembrance, 12/8 Immaculate Conception,  12/9 Anti-Corruption Day,
12/10 –  Human Rights Day,  12/11 Green Day, 12/12 Start of Hanukkah,
12/17 –   12/18 International Migrant’s Day, 12/20 End of Hanukkah,  12/21 Winter Solstice,  12/23 Super Saturday
12/24 –  12/25 Christmas, 12/26 Start of Kwanzaa, 12/31 New Year’s Eve

Are You Looking for Ways to Stay Creative in 2017?

post-a-week-2017-md
– Join the Daily Post Post-a-day or Post-a-week Challenge.

BHWritingLab_052016_post_PROMPT1A

— Join the BlogHer Writing Lab

More Below

“May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” Mary Anne Radmacher

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

Motivation Mondays: Cherish Christmas & Holidays

How did you spend your Christmas day? By the time you read this, most of our Christmas celebrations would have been completed and all the merriment filed away for another year. I hope you got what you wished for and that all your heartfelt dreams for this special day came to pass. My wish is that we continue to appreciate the birth of Christ and the love of our family and friends… World peace for all too. That would suffice. What’s the best holiday gift you’ve ever received?  For me? I’d say the gift of life and sharing a Christmas meal and time with my family. May abundance and divine grace welcome you at your door…

Thank you All for the wonderful support you’ve given me this year. I would not have stayed the course without your loving feedback and encouragement. May the coming year be fruitful and productive for all of us. What are your thoughts? How did you spend your Christmas day? What would you wish for next year? Do share! Thank you.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – Cherish –   This week, write a new post in response to today’s one-word prompt. Not sure how to participate? Stay tuned

Have a peaceful and productive week ahead!

Any Zen Antics stories via

Positive Motivation Tip:  This holiday season, cherish what matters most to you and your loved ones…

Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.
Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for the months above/below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page: MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join in and add your voice.

Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM

Related Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos via Happy HolidaysChristmas  PixabayAND/OR via Wikipedia

1. acraftymix permalink
    26/12/2017 12:56 am

Ahhhhh Elizabeth, you are such an amazing woman. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas my friend and that all the gifts you received were wrapped in love and honesty.

2. tanviidotcom permalink
    26/12/2017 5:45 am

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you a great new year ahead.

3. Kim L (@klacoste16) permalink
    26/12/2017 7:30 am

The best part of Christmas was seeing my brother and nephew who I don’t get to see that often. It really made the holiday special.

4. Erika permalink
    26/12/2017 7:56 am

Loved the quote your post started with!

5. Marnie permalink
    26/12/2017 8:11 am

Happy holidays to you and your family! I’m also feeling extra thankful this year – i just started my blog in the middle of the year and it has grown much more than i expected! Its not really huge, but its really far from where i started. Your post made me realize how grateful i am and should be 🙂

6. Nawal Aharrass permalink
    26/12/2017 8:33 am

Christmas, although, I have never celebrated it before, I would love to though, just seems like a magical time. I imagine it to so like-fairytale with the snow, the trees, the lights.. Gosh it’s just a great celebration. Happy holidays and happy new year !

7. Joy Generoso permalink
    26/12/2017 9:21 am

Love, kindness and positivity shouldn’t be limited to seasons only but we should share and spread it everyday to everyone. 🙂

8. Amanda | My Gluten-Free Miami permalink
    26/12/2017 2:41 pm

We had a quiet family Christmas…well, as quiet as it can be with a just-turned-3-year old toddler! I cherish all of our family times, not only during holidays, but every day. I love your blog!

9. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    27/12/2017 1:58 am

I love that Christmas has become a time to appreciate and cherish each other, and especially to come together as a family. I wish it was less materialistic, but it comes down also to how we each celebrate it. By the way – love that you included a greeting in Yiddish, you don’t see that every day. 🙂 Happy holidays to you too Elizabeth!

10. Corinne and Kirsty permalink
    27/12/2017 3:00 am

Merry Christmas to you too (also belated ahah). I spent christmas in my partner’s family this year, in Germany and it was amazing. what i love most about christmas is just spending time with my family 🙂

11. Candy Rachelle permalink
    27/12/2017 3:14 am

Merry Christmas to you and to your family Elizabeth. May you had a wonderful Holiday. Love your Christmas photos.

12. 27/12/2017 3:16 am

We decided last year it would be our last year doing the “traditional” Christmas with gift giving and Christmas trees. This was our first year jumping out of the “norm” and taking a cruise instead of buying presents and decorating, and the kids loved it. I am very thankful the kids loved doing that as they are still at the age gifts are important. Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!

13. Kristiana Wajnblom permalink
    27/12/2017 4:06 am

The holidays were just so lovely for my family and me. We spent a few days together and exchanged gifts, but the best part of the holiday was sitting around with each other playing games and laughing. It was exactly what my soul needed.

14. Jodi Major permalink
    27/12/2017 4:51 am

I am blessed to have family around to spend the holidays with and seeing my children open their presents is always the highlight. Wonderful memories made this year

15. Sandy N Vyjay permalink
    27/12/2017 4:58 am

Christmas is indeed the time for reflection, the time to count ones’ blessings and be thankful for small mercies. It is a time to be happy and share the happiness.

16. reneerosemomblogger permalink
    27/12/2017 5:55 am

I love this. I hope you had a great Christmas and that you never forget the true meaning of it. 🙂

17. Erica @ Coming up Roses permalink
    27/12/2017 6:41 am

That poem by Longfellow is beautiful!!!

18. Suzanne permalink
    27/12/2017 6:49 am

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! The thing I cherish most is quality time with my family. Just can’t be beat.

19. AmberLynn permalink
    27/12/2017 8:47 am

I love that you allow others to be a part of the Motivation Monday, and it has been a tough year for a lot of people. Thankfully, while this year has been a little tough, it has, also, been one of the best years of my life. The messages of Christmas (love, joy, unity, etc.) should be practiced year-round.

20. pinkrimage (@pinkrimage) permalink
    27/12/2017 10:03 am

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Elizabeth…I love reading your blog for motivation and love how you encourage everyone to grow together!

21. Quirky Homemaker (@QuirkyHomemaker) permalink
    27/12/2017 11:39 am

This time I love the quotes by Charles Dickens and Mary Ann Radmacher. Perfect way to begin & “almost” end this post. Your letter to Santa is nice, too. We had a nice Christmas. Very simple. Last year I intended to carry that feeling of Christmas throughout the year with a day of giving each month, but it didn’t end up happening. Hopefully I’ll do better this coming year! Blessings to you in the New Year.

22. Ithfifi permalink
    27/12/2017 12:39 pm

I hope you’ve had an amazing holiday doing all the things you love! For me holidays are about having all the people I love all in one place, anything else is just a bonus but I love having everyone together.

23. Calee Shea permalink
    27/12/2017 1:57 pm

Our Christmas this year was so magical!! Our kitties first Christmas as well so it was nice to shower them with love and LOTS of catnip!!!

24. Aseky Bonnaire permalink
    27/12/2017 3:33 pm

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas that Was filled with plenty joy and laughter! I love your Motivation Monday posts ❤️

25. Carol Cassara permalink
    27/12/2017 6:54 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration! It was a challenging year for me and it still is after losing my fur baby, Riley before the holidays began. I think it’s really important that we cherish all our blessings and try to give back as well this season.

26. serenalissy permalink
    27/12/2017 7:00 pm

I love this! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and 2018 is all you wish for!

27. Befitting Style permalink
    27/12/2017 8:01 pm

I like the image that represents the Christmas tree. I think ppl enjoy having fun during this time of the yr.

28. Vivian permalink
    27/12/2017 8:09 pm

This was such a lovely post. I hope you had a lovely time celebrating Christmas this year! I also pray that we continue to remember that Jesus is our greatest gift no matter the season!

Vivian

29. Real Food To Heal permalink
    27/12/2017 10:59 pm

I really love your blog, especially this post! We had a relaxing Christmas at home, and look forward to a nice smooth transition into the new year with family and friends.

30. helench1k permalink
    27/12/2017 11:36 pm

We kept our Christmas pretty simple this year and just had a small lunch party with friends and I love how it brings everyone together and people are just happier during Christmas!

31. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    28/12/2017 1:08 am

Our annual Christmas tradition is meeting up with cousins, aunts and uncles on Christmas day. We all look forward to this. However, this year was not as joyful because my mom is sick. My cousin’s wife’s sister also died the following day, and my childhood best friend passed away too. 😦 We did try our very best to make it a happy celebration, at least for the kids, even if our hearts were bleeding.

32. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    28/12/2017 1:19 am

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Elizabeth! Ours was a quiet one, spent mostly at home. 🙂

33. In and Out of Vegas permalink
    28/12/2017 1:58 am

I had a great Christmas. I’m on vacation away from work.My sister is visiting from the Philippines so I spent it with her and my parents, my most cherished loved ones. But speaking of the word cherish, I decided I’m going to start cherishing myself more from now on. It’s not that I hated myself. .nothing like that but I never treat myself. I have no problems buying expensive things,for example, for family and friends, but for myself, I’ll scrimp on things. Why?! I decided I’m going to treat myself better. Buy myself nicer things every now and then. I deserve it! 🙂

34. Shilpa Bindlish permalink
    28/12/2017 3:18 am

Coming here I always find positive vibes. Thanks for your motivational content. Hope you enjoyed Christmas to the fullest.

35. Adriana Madonna permalink
    28/12/2017 3:56 am

Hope you had great christmas days and will have a happy New Year. 🙂

36. Kendra permalink
    28/12/2017 4:52 am

I love that the holidays give families more time to spend together, by having time off. We’re more free to travel to see loved ones who don’t live near. I hope your holidays are wonderful!

37. helene dsouza permalink
    28/12/2017 5:18 am

Lovley christmas post !! I really loved it
    Nice letter to santa … the best part was the merry Christmas where you wrote in different languages…
    Wishing you happy holdays and have a blessed season!!

38. Ave Hla permalink
    28/12/2017 6:38 am

Thank you for inspiring posts and great photos! We spent the Christmas with our family and loved ones. We had a lot of fun!

39. Are We Adults Yet permalink
    28/12/2017 7:42 am

I traveled home to see my parents and sisters for the holidays. It’s a long trip (across the country) but I love to spend the time with family so it is completely worth it.

40. Raina Reddecliff permalink
    28/12/2017 10:00 am

I love the idea of motivation mondays! Great quotes to start the week off with. We had one of our best Christmases ever, just staying home as a family!

41. Heather permalink
    28/12/2017 10:10 am

I hope 2018 has less fear and anxiety in it than 2017 as well. Its been quite a year! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Elizabeth and Happy New Year to you too!

42. elishaff permalink
    28/12/2017 10:10 am

Christmas is the most magical time of the year for me. Everyone seems so happy, there is so much love, light, and peace on Earth. I just want to share that with everyone! 🙂

43. Marie permalink
    28/12/2017 10:44 am

I had a quiet Christmas in the countryside. We had lovely Christmas food followed by a nice night walk. Great for digestion! I hope you had a Christmas as well!

44. Vasundhra permalink
    28/12/2017 11:29 am

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! You are so right, we should be thankful to God for the gift of life and family. God bless you!

45. Lavanda Michelle permalink
    28/12/2017 3:11 pm

I love the letter to Santa. I am a huge fan of that magic. The best part of Christmas was seeing my family who I don’t get to see that often. It really made the holiday super special.

46. Doreen Pinto permalink
    28/12/2017 3:15 pm

Love that you have positive vibes on your blog and posts in general. Christmas time is a time of gratitude and joy. I experienced both this Christmas season

47. Different Frame of Mind permalink
    28/12/2017 4:07 pm

I love the holidays and this post, definitely gets you in the holiday spirit. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and a great new year.

48. lavandamichelle permalink
    29/12/2017 2:22 am

I am a huge fan of writing letters to santa and I love the letter that wasn’t. I spent Christmas Day with Family opening up presents.

49. keisha1989 permalink
    29/12/2017 6:22 am

The best part of my Christmas is being able to spend it with my family and friends.

50. Love, Life & the little one permalink
    29/12/2017 9:24 am

Such a beautiful post. I hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas

51. Tiffany Yong permalink
    29/12/2017 10:43 am

I spent my Christmas accompanying my bf to a workers’ dormitory where he performs a little skit on safe sex for the workers! Interesting right? Hahaah~

52. Tonya permalink
    29/12/2017 11:00 am

Christmas is my favorite holiday! Loved this post!! Hope you enjoyed.

53. Aïchatou Bella permalink
    29/12/2017 1:31 pm

Happiest Holiday to you! What a sweet and selfless post- while many would ask Santa for gifts, I admired that you requested what money can’t buy. The first quote was also very inspirational, good to know we can have a reminder of what the holidays are about.
    Aïchatou Bella

54. 29/12/2017 10:34 pm

I wish I have read Filipino language of Merry Christmas in your post lol Its Maligayang Pasko! I think our greatest is God, He showered us all the graces and the most wonderful gift of life all yr. Round.

55. stylevicksen permalink
    29/12/2017 10:55 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I always enjoy reading your posts and this one is no different. This time of year is great for reflection and goal setting (at least for me).

56. Kaitlynn permalink
    30/12/2017 2:47 am

aw I love this post. Christmas is such a special time of year. It’s great to be with the ones you love!

57. Nati permalink
    30/12/2017 3:17 am

I hope you had a great Christmas Elizabeth! I certainly did, much better than I expect it, given the fact I caught the flu.
    As every year, we try to focus on the religious meaning of the holiday (because we are Catholic) and give more importance to baby Jesus birth than to Santa, that is what we cherish the most. Passing our culture and beliefs to our children, teaching them our faith and explaining the meaning of these holidays to them.
    Sending you blessings for 2018! And keep up your excellent work with the blog!

58. Shana Bull permalink
    30/12/2017 9:35 am

Now that I have a two-year-old, Christmas time has found a new meaning! ❤ I am so thankful for my family and my blogging community. Cheers!

59. Tina Bowling (@tinabeana12) permalink
    30/12/2017 10:17 am

We spent our Christmas at home and it was delightful. Past years we spent traveling so it was SO nice to be relaxing at home!

60. Crystal Gareau permalink
    30/12/2017 12:54 pm

Happy holidays to you and your family. I love all your positive messages.

61. All She Things permalink
    30/12/2017 6:16 pm

We didn’t have a Christmas that we anticipated because of a medical emergency in the family but I still am thankful for all the wonderful things that happened this year 🙂

62. Agnes Vazhure permalink
    31/12/2017 1:20 am

I really adore your Holiday photos. I love spending my day and time with my whole family. Such a great post. Merry Christmas to you and to your family.

63. nicoleflintkontrol permalink
    31/12/2017 6:39 pm

Happy holidays! I wish you all success in 2018!

64. nicole permalink
    01/01/2018 11:27 am

wow! this is so organized! I love that you’ve shared all you motivational Monday’s in one post!

1. Motivation Mondays: Happy New Year | Mirth and Motivation