“An affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change.” Louise L. Hay
Affirmations are like seed planted in soil. Poor soil, poor growth. Rich soil, abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work. Louise L. Hay
Daily Affirmations Open Doors: What is an Affirmation? It is a declaration, a confidence booster, an inner prompting that something is true. It can be a form of prayer and so it is important to clarify our thoughts when we create/use them. Affirmations fill our hearts, minds, and experiences with uplifting and encouraging messages. They plant rich seeds to bring more motivation, inspiration and peace into our lives. Why are affirmations powerful? Because what we believe, we become!
Do you believe in affirmations? Do you start your day with affirmations and prayers? As Louise Hay explains in the quote above, affirmations are seeds we sow for ourselves with words we choose to use daily; they can be negative or positive seeds. If we want positive results from our affirmations, we must repeat them several times a day, some suggest 50-100 times daily; ideally in front of a mirror. We could also write them down in a journal/notebook and then, each day, choose an affirmation and write it down about 15-20 times; over and over again throughout the day. You may also post one daily on your fridge, bathroom mirror, in your car and repeat it every time you pass by. Choose a format that is free and flexible for you. Just do it!
• We deserve peace and abundance. We are worthy. Only good meets us at the door of our heart. (personalize it)
“Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
The goal of an affirmation is to bring us, and others, a positive outcome, a sense of deep peace and wellness, and joyful abundance. Affirmations are Wellness Boosters that help us stay the course by making a positive difference in our lives and the lives of others. They are like a muscle; the more we use them, the stronger the expected results. Anything we do consistently and with conviction soon bears fruit; even if that fruit takes 3-6 months or more to mature, it will come to fruition.
I add an Affirmation to my blog (Bottom of each post) every time I publish a new post. Each positive motivational tip is an overall wellness booster and helps set the tone of the day. I’ve added seven affirmations to this post, one for each day, and will add more. You are welcome to use them. (You may personalize them and replace We/Our with I/My). Do check out other positive motivation affirmations on my blog posts and also the recommended resources curated below. Enjoy them with an open heart.
• We rise above the limitations of our past. We are present and fully engaged in our blessings.
• We answer in the affirmative to all the good around us. All our needs and desires are met.
“Constant repetition carries conviction.” Robert Collier
We’ve all had our share of disappointments and hurts and, we know they can take a toll on the human psyche. Even a mean word expressed in anger has tremendous energy behind it. If we can refrain from using those words on ourselves and others, the release will bring a lightness and joy to our space. We can start our day by standing in front of a mirror and repeating some of the inspirational affirmations included in this post or any you have written or culled elsewhere. One affirmation a day will suffice.
• We are the embodiment of love and it flows into the world like a tidal wave.
• We choose events and outcomes that invite uplifting opportunities into our lives. We are more than the sum of our experiences.
Continued Here: Affirmations Open Doors
Positive Motivation Tip: Enjoy the large, small, and even innocuous gifts of each day; every moment counts. Cherish them all!
More Wellness Boosters & Resources Below!
- What is an Affirmation? They will change your life forever. (Boulder Coaching Academy)
- 5 Steps to Make Affirmations Work for You | (Psychology Today)
- Daily OM: A Year Of Positive Affirmations (DailyOM.com)
- 35 Affirmations That Will Change Your Life (Dr. Carmen Harra)
- How to Use Affirmations Effectively: 8 Steps (with Pictures) (WiKihow.com)
- Positive Affirmations (Vital Affirmations.com)
- How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Using Affirmations (Tiny Buddha.com)
- 500 Affirmations for a Better Life. (Self help & Self Development.com)
- The Only 100 Positive Affirmations You Will Ever Need (Prolific Living.com)
- Affirmation (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
- affirmation (The Free Dictionary)
- Reflections: Today I Choose (mirthandmotivation.com)
- Reflections: Affirmations Open Doors (mirthandmotivation.com)
- You Matter(mirthandmotivation.com)
- Reflections: Affirmations On Healing (mirthandmotivation.com)
- Musing: Oh Happy Day(mirthandmotivation.com)
- Memories: Of Moments In Bliss (mirthandmotivation.com)
- Musings: Define Yourself (mirthandmotivation.com)
- Louise Hay’s 12 Commandments – How To Love Yourself (jamiesmithcoaching.wordpress.com)
- My Embarrassing Affirmation Confession (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)
- Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change by Ronald Alexander PhD and Lama Surya Das (Ronald Alexander PhD)
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (Hayhouse.com)
- All is Well: Heal Your Body with Medicine, Affirmations, and Intuition by Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Schulz, MD (Hayhouse.com)
- I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations by Louise Hay, Kristin Tracey and Manuela Schwartz (Hayhouse.com)
- I Can Do It® 2015 Calendar: 365 Daily Affirmations (Hayhouse.com)
- A Year of Little Things: 100 Simple Ways to Be Happy by Caroline Somp (Caroline Somp)
- Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life by Shakti Gawain (Shakti Gawain)
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All photos from my Personal Collection