22/12/2017

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” Swami Vivekananda

Photo Challenge: FAVORITES

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. Joseph Campbell
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FAVORITES: For my final photo challenge favorite selections for 2017, I decided to share some photos I didn’t get to use and a few I did. Since we are in the season of holiday gifting, I also chose to share some of my foods from around the world; Try The World food selections are a great gift idea and the collages always make me hungry. I have a few more photos to share for this list still in the works.For those of you who are curious about the mother holding a baby sculpture, it is part of a nine piece sculpture series created by internationally recognized artist/sculptor, Joy Brown. It is  across from the West 96th St subway station in Manhattan and is called One Holding Small One. I will feature all nine in a post. They have influences from her childhood in Japan and, like all the wonderful street art I come across in NYC, this series warms my heart. You can read more about her works in the three articles below.
The bottom shot is called Sailor Kiss and it is a depiction of a famous post World War II photograph taken at Times Square. This equally popular Street art depiction is by Street artist extraordinaire, Eduardo Kobraa Brazilian artist who uses kaleidoscopic color ranges to create beautiful murals and paintings on walls around the world. This one is painted against a wall by the High Line walking trail in lower Manhattan. Kobra’s work always takes my breath away beacye the colors are vibrant and the mural ais huge… Definitely a favorite. Since I love quotes, I added some of my favorites from Brainy Quotes top 100 selections. Do come back for my other photos.
READ: Thousand-Pound Bronzes on the Upper West Side By Paige Williams
Adorable Bronze Figures by Joy Brown Arrive on the Broadway Malls in NYC By AFineLyne
Joy Brown on Broadway
Eduardo Kobra: Biography by Nicole Figuerola

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” Amelia Earhart

It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. Henry David Thoreau
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. Viktor E. Frankl
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay tuned for my selections from my 2017 photo files. Thank you all for your generous support through your likes and comments and social media shares. Deeply appreciated!

“Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” Thomas Carlyle

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank
If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. Napoleon Hill
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. Aldous Huxley
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. Marcus Aurelius

“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” Albert Camus

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. Indira Gandhi
God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. Voltaire
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – FAVORITES –   This week, To celebrate the end of the year, share the most meaningful photo you’ve taken in 2017. From the photo that generated the most reactions on your blog to the one that has the deepest emotional pull on you, define “favorite” in whatever way works best for you. Your chosen image doesn’t have to be one you’ve already shared in a previous Photo Challenge. Anything goes, as long as it’s a photo from 2017. If you want to share several images, that’s fine too — a “best of 2017” gallery could be fun if you can’t settle on one photo.

Positive Motivation Tip: Enjoy all your favorites by sharing them with those you love!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. Rosey permalink
    22/12/2017 7:11 pm

You did a wonderful job with this challenge. There are good quotes here too. 🙂

2. Miriam permalink
    22/12/2017 7:18 pm

Lovely photos and all very inspiring quotes. Thanks for sharing your favourites. 🙂

3. Glitter On A Dime permalink
    22/12/2017 8:23 pm

Cool photos! I love quotes and you picked some great ones!

4. Irene Waters 19 Writer Memoirist permalink
    22/12/2017 9:23 pm

Great photos and inspirational quotes. Well picked.

5. Joanne Yu De Leon permalink
    23/12/2017 3:06 am

Very nice photos and beautiful quotes too! The first collage makes me feel like life is so meaningful and vibrant and is beautiful that way. 🙂

6. Kris Wajnblom permalink
    23/12/2017 4:24 am

I so needed to read this post today. I went to bed feeling a bit discouraged about my growth online and for a few other reasons, and reading this quote totally helped bring my perspective and goals back into focus: Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. Robert Louis Stevenson

Thank you!

7. Rachel Adams Sansing permalink
    23/12/2017 4:55 am

I’m jealous of all the beauty around you to take pictures of! This is a very cool idea!

8. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    23/12/2017 5:54 am

I really want to try the Try the World boxes. You always receive such interesting goodies and I’m tempted to try them out myself. I hope you have a great holiday!

9. nausheen1shaikhgmailcom permalink
    23/12/2017 7:22 am

Thanks for sharing these positive motivation tips constantly…!! I just love reading them.

10. Tonya T permalink
    23/12/2017 7:32 am

I need to try some of these! I actually found a subscription box that brings you monthly foods from around the world! Loved your photos!

11. Ithfifi permalink
    23/12/2017 10:25 am

You took so many beautiful photos. I really love the sculpture of the people. its really cute but also quite heart warming in a way.Lovely idea to share all the favouritese in a post!

12. Aseky Bonnaire permalink
    23/12/2017 12:45 pm

These are some beautiful pictures! And I love all the quotes you tagged with it, especially the Anne Frank one, I agree, happy people make other people happy!

13. elishaff permalink
    23/12/2017 1:05 pm

I love these sculptures! It’s a great reminder for this upcoming new year to live, laugh, and love fully. We’ve always got to keep moving forward.

14. Liz Mays permalink
    23/12/2017 1:55 pm

The Joy Brown sculpture is really interesting. It will be great to see your photos of her other ones. These were all really good shots!

15. Britney permalink
    23/12/2017 2:04 pm

Beautiful photos and great quotes! Love these challenges.

16. Bhushavali permalink
    23/12/2017 2:42 pm

Interesting set of pics. Being a new mommy, I esp love the pic of the parent & child sculpture. Happy Christmas & New Years to you and your family Elizabeth!

17. chewoutloud permalink
    23/12/2017 4:00 pm

These favorites collections remind of every past holiday when we’ve done a “favorites list” of things we have really liked throughout the year. It could be tangible or intangible, but really great to think back on the year and what favorite things there were.

18. Suzanne permalink
    24/12/2017 1:12 am

I love end of year roundups! That Anne Frank quote is so true. Love.

19. Deb B. permalink
    24/12/2017 2:03 am

I can see why these photos left such a profound impact on you. I especially love the sculpture of the mother holding the baby. So touching and so intriguing at the same time. What a great challenge!

20. lavandamichelle permalink
    24/12/2017 4:23 am

I am enjoying all your favorites, We share in favs as a matter of fact. My all time fav is the colorful one with the couple kissing.

21. brigettedanielle permalink
    24/12/2017 8:06 am

I love that re-visioned photo of the solider kissing the nurse! It has always been one of my favorite photos and this pop of color is so cool!

22. Indu permalink
    24/12/2017 8:56 am

Favorites! This is the best word to celebrate the end of year. And your motivation tip fits so well in this festive mood, “Enjoy all your favorites by sharing them with those you love”

23. forkwardthinkingfoodinista permalink
    24/12/2017 11:54 am

Super photos, as always. I love the idea of try the world food collages. This is deffo food for thought 🙂 x

24. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    24/12/2017 4:34 pm

As always your pictures are beautiful! My favorite picture is one of five of my grandchildren together. Play clothes, tossed hair, dirty hands simply kids enjoying each other and enjoying nature.

25. lucicoo permalink
    24/12/2017 5:49 pm

Really love the sunset photo. Nature photography or natural photography as always been my favorite.

26. Stephanie Jeannot permalink
    25/12/2017 1:42 am

Food collages make me hungry as well. But I agree with the quote that it’s not what you look at but what you see. Powerful thought!

27. Thehyppomyselfthecat permalink
    25/12/2017 10:18 am

Love your favourites of the years, they look so colorful and eventful! I wish you a new year full of new wonderful adventures!

28. beccajtalbot permalink
    26/12/2017 1:20 pm

I absolutely adore the Kobra piece of street art you’ve picked out here – he’s one of my favourite street artists, and I don’t think he’s recognised enough! I took this same pic when I was in New York, walking the High Line trail x

• 26/12/2017 3:56 pm

I took mine on the High Line trail too because that is probably the best angle to shoot it from. It is harder to do so from the street. Wonderful you recognized his work… I love him too. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

29. RonRon permalink
    08/01/2018 6:40 am

Great lovely photos. I love them all and thanks for making 2017 such an inspiration.

1. Photo Challenge: WEATHERED | Mirth and Motivation