Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover

10/04/2017

“We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.” Stephen R. Covey

Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover

Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover

Passover affirms the great truth that liberty is the inalienable right of every human being. Morris Joseph
Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life. Janine di Giovanni
“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” Henry Van Dyke

Do you celebrate Easter and/or Passover? This year, Passover begins on April 10 and ends on April 18. Easter, on the other hand, is on April 16, with some important celebrations leading up to it including; Palm Sunday and Good Friday. If, like me, you come from a multi-faith home, you’d know that celebrating both traditions brings unity and understanding across cultures and beliefs. This season is a great motivator in that it brings us together to appreciate our differences while celebrating our common bonds.  Raising kids in a multi-faith household taught me that the best lessons learned are not only of religious tolerance but of the recognition that we are all on a spiritual journey and that with love, respect, and consideration, we can see that all roads meet and lead to something greater then ourselves. Growing up, Easter was central to my religious celebrations and we attended Easter Sunday services and enjoyed a special meal with the usual bunny rabbit chocolate eggs as treats. When I got married, we added Passover to our celebrations and had Seder at my in-laws. Both experiences affirmed my love and respect for all religious and spiritual paths; after all, we are on a spiritual journey to ourselves.

Even as I write this post, I can recall many things I cherish about both celebrations and how they are a time of hope, renewal and rejuvenation. During Easter, which falls on April 16th this year, we celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Easter was established as a holy day by the  First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. to correspond with the Vernal equinox; it is celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon which happens on or after March 21, the Spring Equinox. For Passover, a Jewish holiday, we celebrate the remembrance of the Exodus of the Jews from Egypt. It is a celebration of freedom from oppression and is also known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Like Easter, Passover is a moveable holy celebration because there is no fixed start date. Instead, the festival is dependent on the phases of the moon. It can take place over eight days and this year it falls on April 10th to the 18th. This post is a reflection of what it means to live in a household where both traditions are valued and celebrated. The long table is a Passover Seder. The short photo of yellow flowers and one place setting is an Easter brunch.  In the second half of this post, I’ll share things to know about Easter and Passover.

A Story with Humor: Saving the Easter Bunny
A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.
The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.
A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong. Contd Below

The details for Motivation Mondays are below. Join in! The themes for March/April 2017 are:

MARCH

03/ – March is Women’s History Month, National Nutrition Month, American Red Cross Month, Irish-American Heritage Month, 03/01 – Ash Wednesday and Zero Discrimination Day, 03/03, World Wildlife Day
03/06 – 08, International Women’s Day 09, World Kidney Day
03/13 –  12, Purim starts and Daylight Savings Day, 13, Holi, 14, Pi Day, 17, Saint Patrick’s Day
03/20 – 20, International Day of Happiness/ First day of Spring, 21, World Poetry Day, 22, World Water Day 23 Puppy Day, 24, TB Day
03/27 – 27, Doctors Day

APRIL

04/03 –    6, International Day of Sport, 7 World Health Day
04/10 –    9, Palm Sunday, 11, Start of Passover, 14, Good Friday
04/17 –    16, Easter,  22, Earth Day,
04/24 –    24, Remembrance Day

Are You Looking for Ways to Stay Creative in 2017?

post-a-week-2017-md
– Join the Daily Post Post-a-day or Post-a-week Challenge.

BHWritingLab_052016_post_PROMPT1A

— Join the BlogHer Writing Lab

“We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining – they just shine.”  Dwight L. Moody

Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover

Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover

Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness Floyd W. Tomkins
The symbolic language of the crucifixion is the death of the old paradigm; resurrection is a leap into a whole new way of thinking. Deepak Chopra

What I love about Easter and Passover is that they are both favorite celebrations that bring communities and families together; we gather to share the celebration of freedom, resurrection, partake of a Seder meal, enjoy some chocolates and good food, and reflect on who we are and why we matter. Again, this post is a reflection of what it means to live in a household where both are valued and celebrated. The long table is a Passover Seder. The short photo of yellow flowers and one place setting is an Easter brunch. Whatever you celebrate, love and respect are key.  Happy Passover and Easter!

What about Easter? Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus on the third day after his death by crucifixion
Easter Day covers the fifty day season from Easter Sunday through Pentecost.
Easter has a special flower, the white lily, which symbolizes the resurrection.
Painted Easter eggs were originally called Pysanka, and they were painted bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring.
Easter is a moveable feast which means that it is not on a set day every year but falls between March 22nd and April 25th.

As for the Easter bunny and egg, the bunny was first mentioned by Georg Franck von Frankenau’s De Ovis Paschalibus (Easter Bunny Eggs) in the 17th Century. Stories of rabbits laying Easter eggs were shared in Pennsylvania in the 19th century and the German legend of Osterhas told of good children receiving brightly colored eggs for Easter.  The festive air, spirited church services, brightly colored new dresses, and chocolate eggs made Easter one of my favorites.

What about Passover? Passover holiday is called Pesach in Hebrew.
Passover Seder is a festive family meal that is shared on either the first or second night of passover
Passover references the passing over of the first-born Jewish males when the death plague hit Egypt.
The Haggadah is a Jewish text that tells the story of the Passover and portions are read during the Seder.
Passover holiday has three names: Pesach – literally meaning the Passover sacrifice; Hag Hamatzot – Feast of Unleavened Bread; and Zeman Heirutenu – the Season of Our Freedom
Traditionally, four cups of wines are consumed at the festive meal of Passover night and Matzoh, unleavened bread, is eaten for seven or all eight days of Passover.
Dayeynu is the popular, traditional Hebrew song performed during Passover.

May your Easter Day and Passover Season be filled with blessings of love, respect and grace. Have a Happy Easter & Passover!
What are your thoughts? Do you celebrate Easter and/or Passover? Do you have any stories to share? What memories of either come to mind? Do share! Thank you.

A Story with Humor: Saving The Easter Bunny Contd
“I feel terrible,” he explained, “I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?”
The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.
Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!
The man was astonished. He said to the woman, “What in heaven’s name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?” The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: “Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave.” Anon

Have a Happy, Healthy 2017!

Any Zen Antics stories via Goodweb.cn

Positive Motivation Tip: Celebrate all that makes our diverse world great. Share your good fortune with others.

Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.
Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for the months above/below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page: MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join in and add your voice.

Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM
Related Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos  Passover photos via Wikipedia  and Easter,  Lilies, Passover via Pixabay

1. Kait permalink
    10/04/2017 5:06 pm

It is so wonderful that you were able to celebrate holidays of both faiths. It really does help you appreciate and respect other religions. I love the story about the Easter Bunny and the hairspray. That is hilarious!

2. Robin Rue permalink
    10/04/2017 5:08 pm

We aren’t religious, so for us, Easter is just a day to be with family. We share a meal and spend quality time together.

3. adriana permalink
    10/04/2017 5:32 pm

I love how you compared Easter to renewal – I love that! I can’t believe it’s Easter week already, I’m so excited to spend time with family!

4. ktravieso permalink
    10/04/2017 5:55 pm

Easter has always been a big deal for me. Growing up Catholic, we celebrate Good Friday and Easter. I will be attending church services with my children and husband this year as well.

5. Marceline Dementori permalink
    10/04/2017 7:44 pm

We celebrate Easter. I grew up as a Catholic and I’ve always known this as the resurrection of Christ. It’s always great to learn about how other religions celebrate it though. I really enjoyed that story about the Easter bunny! HA! Hair spray, who would have thought!

6. themomnoms permalink
    10/04/2017 8:37 pm

It’s interesting knowing the history of certain aspects of holidays. I didn’t know where the Easter bunny came from, I don’t think I ever really questioned it. I have always celebrated Easter and the resurrection of Christ.

7. Crystal Green permalink
    10/04/2017 9:04 pm

This is a wonderful piece. I love the quotes and images you shared with us.

8. Cindy Gordon permalink
    10/04/2017 9:04 pm

I agree with you that both are equally important! Both serve two different purposes and focuses!

9. momknowsbest15 permalink
    10/04/2017 9:07 pm

I celebrate Easter but a couple times my church has done a Passover seder dinner. It was fun learning about the Jewish traditions.

10. Heather permalink
    10/04/2017 10:04 pm

I wish I could say that I came from a religious family, but I became a Christian at 16 when I ran away from home. My mother was atheist. I always thought it was funny that, I ran toward God, while she ran away. I think I’m a lot happier putting my faith in God, rather than theworld around me. Happy Easter

11. Lisa Rios permalink
    10/04/2017 10:40 pm

I love your post about Easter and the Passover! It’s so cool that there are so many different traditions for Easter (I especially like the chocolate eggs.) What a wonderful quote from the Deepak Chopra! What he says about the resurrection being a new way of thinking is so true, because when we repent, we are cleansed and content. Amazing thoughts!

12. Neha Saini permalink
    11/04/2017 12:54 am

Great idea. Easter is great event and these tips would be great and helpful.

13. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    11/04/2017 1:59 am

We do celebrate Easter and observe religious practices during Holy Week, starting with the waving of palm branches during the Palm Sunday mass. Hope you have a blessed Holy Week! 🙂

14. 11/04/2017 3:18 am

I am not very traditional in my faith so festivals are not a big thing for me, but I do enjoy them. As a Christian I kind of celebrate Easter everyday, as Jesus’ death and resurrection is something that affects me daily!

15. Amber permalink
    11/04/2017 6:33 am

I always look forward to Easter. I enjoy the food and being with family. This year we can actually be with my family since we moved closer! I can’t wait.

16. Thelittlelai: Beyond limitss permalink
    11/04/2017 6:49 am

Wow, this is so timely, I must say. I hope that during Holy week people will still embrace the real essence of it. Yes, it is about remembering the sacrifice of God and His resurrection. It is truly a celebration of freedom that God has conquered it all. Thank you so much for sharing!

17. Jessica Taylor permalink
    11/04/2017 6:51 am

We celebrate every year! This year we are having a family gathering on Good Friday!

18. Jay Colby permalink
    11/04/2017 7:00 am

Great article as always I’ve always love Easter.

19. mariamagdalenahusain (@invinitelearn) permalink
    11/04/2017 7:04 am

I celebrate Easter in the most common way: go to the church, pray, and celebrate the Cross. When I was a kid I decorated Easter eggs with my friends. I have a wonderful childhood!

20. Jhentea Guzman permalink
    11/04/2017 7:20 am

Reflections On This Holy Season Easter & Passover. Celebrating every day, every moment, every breath – life, living, and serving.

21. Alayna permalink
    11/04/2017 7:30 am

Happy Passover! I have celebrated both, but my family is Catholic and celebrates Easter. For us, it’s also a time to celebrate our Slovak traditions. We have some foods that we don’t have any other time at Easter. I’ll actually be baking some tonight!

22. Jhentea Guzman permalink
    11/04/2017 7:33 am

Passover vacations have grown in recent years beyond the traditional destinations of Miami Beach, the Catskills and Israel.

23. altspeaking permalink
    11/04/2017 8:20 am

Heading north to spend time with family for Easter this year! I haven’t been able to spend this holiday with them for a few years now so really looking forward to it!!!

Britt

24. Michelle Waller permalink
    11/04/2017 8:25 am

We celebrate Easter. I didn’t know that was the reason we dye Easter eggs. I would love to learn more about the traditions of this holiday.

25. Milton Goh permalink
    11/04/2017 8:35 am

Yes we do celebrate Easter! Thanks for all the historical info, I learnt something new! Praise God, He is risen!

26. Gina permalink
    11/04/2017 8:55 am

hahaha Loved the story with humour! I also love this time of year because of all the family time together.

27. Geo permalink
    11/04/2017 9:41 am

When I was little the Easter bunny and egg was my favorite part of Easter (we always had a treasure hunt, hid an egg filled with sweets and I had to find it) and I really enjoyed it, but never did I know the full background story on it – so it’s always interesting to come across insightful posts like these that make you reflect over things you haven’t before.

Happy Easter & Passover to you too, Elizabeth!

28. Author Brandi Kennedy permalink
    11/04/2017 9:48 am

It’s always cool getting to see how multi-faith households blend their traditions, and it really does enrich the children raised in such environments. I think it’s great that you and your husband have been so open to each others’ traditions.

29. Josselyn Martinez permalink
    11/04/2017 10:15 am

here in Honduras we celebrated the whole week Semana Santa!! and it’s very important for me to see this easter celebration as spiritual because it’s to remember Jesus

30. Sarah-Louise Bailey permalink
    11/04/2017 10:21 am

Happy Passover. Your Story reminds me of old days. When I was little My mom used to tell us this story every Easter.

31. Esse D permalink
    11/04/2017 10:53 am

I grew up in a very religious household, and we always celebrated Easter. We never partook in Lent or all of the other surrounding observance because they weren’t a part of our denomination. I understand the importance of Easter and why others place high value on the observances around it. This period is generally a period of self reflection.

32. Garf permalink
    11/04/2017 11:44 am

I want to do something on Easter but I don’t know what yet. I need to figure it out soon.

33. thecoffeemom0617 permalink
    11/04/2017 12:01 pm

WE celebrate Easter, and it’s exciting because this year my daughter is a bit older and she understands more about what it really is, so that’s fun

34. Jessica Hughes permalink
    11/04/2017 3:10 pm

I really like the quote from Stephen Covey about us being spiritual beings on a human journey. I wish more people would realize that and treat other people accordingly. I think that you are really lucky that you live in a multi-faith home, I have always been fascinated by different faiths and have loved learning about them. I wish more people were open to that.

35. Jeanine permalink
    11/04/2017 3:38 pm

We celebrate Easter as a family! We have a nice dinner and I think this year going to do an easter egg hunt and see how else we can make it a bit more fun!

36. Eileen permalink
    11/04/2017 3:48 pm

I am a Catholic. Easter is an important day for all Christians because Jesus gave us new hope. Just like in Springtime when every thing starts to grow and bloom, so does our faith. I love reading through this post, Elizabeth. I was growing tired of seeing all those posts about bunny butt cookies and cakes and Easter eggs. 🙂

37. Krista Bel permalink
    11/04/2017 4:02 pm

I hope this is not taken wrongly. I love Easter and it saddens me that no one wants to mention the real reason behind it. Now it’s all eggs and bunnies, which are cute but so no the point. The meaning of the holiday has been taken away.

38. 11/04/2017 5:37 pm

I like the style in which you write, the additions of the top tips to stay motivated on mondays and the power in which you talk about your memories of Easter and Passover are, to me, really quite something.

39. Emily permalink
    11/04/2017 7:18 pm

I enjoy every holiday as I look at it as a time to slow down and spend time with the people you love. We always have a big Easter celebration with family and use that time to just enjoy the day.

40. Sondra Barker permalink
    11/04/2017 9:11 pm

What a beautiful post about Easter and Passover! I’ve always enjoyed Easter not only for the fact that we are celebrating the Jesus, but also as you stated spending time with family and friends and give thanks.

41. RonRon permalink
    11/04/2017 9:13 pm

Easter is a day of reflection. For me, it’s more important than any other Christian or Catholic holidays we know.

42. Khushboo permalink
    11/04/2017 9:23 pm

I don’t know much about Easter since we are Hindus, but it was great to read about how the festival came into being. The story about how Easter bunny came into existence is really cool 🙂

43. Houseful Of Nicholes permalink
    11/04/2017 9:25 pm

We celebrate Easter in my home, and we always take time to reflect the meaning behind the holiday that has become representative by eggs and chocolate. Nothing wrong with it, but I’m truly grateful for the sacrifice that was made for Easter for us.

44. toastycritic permalink
    11/04/2017 9:29 pm

I really do love the holidays because they bring people together. That’s the part of this time of year that I am looking forward to the most, being with family. That is the best part.

45. travel blogger permalink
    11/04/2017 9:36 pm

What a beautiful post! I honestly didn’t know anything about Passover so this was very informative. We always celebrated Easter, but we never learned much about other faiths. As my son grows up, I will share with him the traditions of other faiths in hopes of making him more respectful of other cultures and beliefs.

46. katrinagehman permalink
    11/04/2017 10:21 pm

i love learning about religion and have learned so much about passover this past week. it’s really cool.

47. Yonca permalink
    11/04/2017 10:36 pm

Love the story of Easter bunny! Great post about Easter and Passover. We painted eggs yesterday. We love celebrating spring by getting outside after cold winter days, hanging out with family, good friends and kids.

48. lorena victoria perez murcia permalink
    12/04/2017 3:29 am

So interesting amazing post, I am celebrate easter as different way and love to know always about other cultures so really enjoeyd it. Regards

49. Ana De-Jesus permalink
    12/04/2017 3:55 am

It is nice that you come from a multi faith background, which makes you more tolerant minded. I like the quote which said we are spiritual beings on a human journey, I believe you are right x

50. duffelbagspouse permalink
    12/04/2017 4:47 am

I love that initial quote. It is a fact we need to remember all the time.

51. Jhentea Guzman permalink
    12/04/2017 5:34 am

It was a great activity to reflect on how we treat each other and how we deal with others in these special days for Christians and Jewish.

52. Fatima Torres at MTME permalink
    12/04/2017 5:51 am

I love holidays that celebrate coming together as a family/community. It reminds me what holidays are really about.

53. Azlin Bloor permalink
    12/04/2017 6:02 am

We certainly celebrate Easter, but not religiously. But it is a time for family to get together and enjoy good food and drinks.

54. Rose Ann Sales permalink
    12/04/2017 6:14 am

If you have an opportunity to attend a seder its can be a wonderfully meaningful experience.

55. The Trophy WifeStyle permalink
    12/04/2017 6:19 am

I have always thought the whole concept of the easter bunny and eggs was odd. Kids love it though and so did I as a little one lol

56. GiGi Eats Celebrities permalink
    12/04/2017 6:19 am

I used to celebrate Easter almost more “hard core” than Christmas – but this was when my grandmother was alive, and when I was about oh 20 years younger.

12/04/2017 6:24 am

We are Catholic, so we celebrate Easter. In our country, Holy Week is a big deal. The days leading up to Easter, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday are holidays for us to meditate upon the Paschal Sacrifice.

58. Drake Conan VA permalink
    12/04/2017 6:39 am

All of the different ways are welcome in our community, as they only enrich us as human beings.

59. Jason Panuelos permalink
    12/04/2017 7:13 am

In a way, I feel like the essence of Easter in Manila is lost. Everyone just sees it as a holiday to take advantage of :O

60. Karlyn Cruz permalink
    12/04/2017 7:22 am

Passover celebrates the Jewish people’s freedom from Egyptian bondage that took place approximately 3,500 years ago, as told in the first 15 chapters of the biblical Book of Exodus. Before Jews were known as Jews, they were referred to as either Israelites or Hebrews. I love reading about this story.

61. Sandra Roberts permalink
    12/04/2017 7:35 am

We celebrate Easter. My husband is not a fan of the holiday because his father passed on Easter Sunday 2001, but now that we have a granddaughter, he has to put his feelings for the holiday on the side for her.

I remember when I was in high school, we did a Passover dinner, I enjoyed learning all about it. Now, 36 years later, I couldn’t tell you what I learned and that’s sad!

62. raisingyourpetsnaturally permalink
    12/04/2017 8:25 am

I celebrate Easter, sort of. I will be visiting my Dad for a light dinner and human connection. But, it’s not like when I was young with the family, eggs and candy.

63. Louisa Mercado (@2livelovelaugh5) permalink
    12/04/2017 10:14 am

Easter is usually celebrated for kids with Easter egg hunts and chocolates. I guess not many are familiar with the true meaning and origins of Easter.

64. Sarah Bailey permalink
    12/04/2017 10:39 am

65. Rosey permalink
    12/04/2017 10:44 am

My niece and nephew live in a multi-faith home. Their parents agreed to raise them with both Traditions, but now that they are actually here it is much harder to do. It is a source of constant contention between them and it makes me very sad. I hope they can find middle ground but that’s not the way they are aiming.

66. Coralie permalink
    12/04/2017 11:39 am

This is so important. It is a great time to reflect on the holiday and set up new goals and hopes for yourself.

67. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    12/04/2017 12:32 pm

I love the story about the Easter Bunny. Now that was funny! Anyway, the real Easter story is what’s important. The Resurrection of Christ has showed mankind that Jesus is the Son of God.

68. Mommy Engineering permalink
    12/04/2017 12:35 pm

Easter has always been a family holiday for me, my friends weren’t allowed to come over because it’s a day we rejoice in Jesus and it was fun to just spend time alone with family and kind of disconnect. I love your reflection and can relate to some of the memories you have.

69. Lacy permalink
    12/04/2017 1:22 pm

I love the humor insert in this!! I have never heard of it before. My family and I celebrate Easter and this post contains so much information that information don’t believe many of us knew about the holiday!

70. Cynthia Nicoletti permalink
    12/04/2017 6:49 pm

I love Easter. Such a special day in so many ways. I know Passover is to but I do not know much about how they celebrate.

71. Hannah Marie permalink
    12/04/2017 6:54 pm

The story of the easter bunny is funny! 🙂 We celebrate the Passover, remembering what Christ has done.

72. Leigh Anne permalink
    12/04/2017 7:41 pm

We do celebrate Easter. As a follower of Christ, it is the most important holiday for me as it gives me the hope I need to face each day.

73. Megan permalink
    12/04/2017 7:55 pm

I love Easter! It’s such a great time to celebrate with friends and family by going to church and then eating. I always loved the story of Passover too

74. Peachy A. permalink
    12/04/2017 8:11 pm

I love the photos that commemorate Easter and Passover. This year we are going Easter Egg hunting.

75. ancientfire85 permalink
    12/04/2017 9:18 pm

Beautiful photo choices. I love Easter and I can’t wait to put baskets together and go egg hunting with the kids.

76. alisonrost permalink
    12/04/2017 10:33 pm

At our house we celebrate Passover. This year we’re hosting at our house and it’s been interesting to put together a menu in line with all of the traditions. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday weekend!

77. onlybyland permalink
    12/04/2017 11:34 pm

I will celebrate Easter this year. I actually visited Israel and Palestine earlier this year which is rich in the history of Jesus and Easter. This Easter will mean a lot more to me than last years after learning more about the life of Christ.

78. amyandtots permalink
    13/04/2017 1:27 am

We’ve never really celebrated Easter, but this year we’re giving the children an egg hunt in the back garden.

79. Nati permalink
    13/04/2017 2:18 am

I come from a Catholic family where Easter has always been linked to family and religion. Moving to a western European country showed me another reality, this dates are taken as a simple “long weekend” and Easter is considered mostly “a thing for doing children games, and giving treats to children”. Although those are great things too, and allow people to spend time with children, I really miss the more profound meaning these holidays have in my home country. These dates make me feel homesick and terribly nostalgic.

80. Franc Ramon permalink
    13/04/2017 2:59 am

I always associate Easter with new beginnings. It reminds us that there is always hope in the world.

81. Crystal (@BusyMomDiary1) permalink
    13/04/2017 5:43 am

Easter is an important part of our family – we always get together for brunch. Great post.

82. Emma White (@TheRealSupermum) permalink
    13/04/2017 6:19 am

As Christians, we do celebrate Easter and the children did a school assembly last week all around the Easter story which was lovely to watch

83. Elisha Fernandez permalink
    13/04/2017 6:24 am

We celebrate Easter as a family not because of the rabbits or eggs, but because of the Bible and the resurrection story. We love it.

84. kim permalink
    13/04/2017 6:25 am

I celebrate Easter. I will spending time with family and going to church!!

85. The Iuvo Omega permalink
    13/04/2017 6:35 am

Easter has always been a family time for us. Even at the company, we are always having holiday spirit around, being all caring towards other, giving random hugs and stuff. We also have competition who has the strongest egg. Try it – but it may get super competitive 😀

86. Tina Gleisner permalink
    13/04/2017 7:42 am

Your collages are always so meaningful. What I loved with this one was the mixing of food, community (the table) and traditions (candles). And in a way, that sums up all holidays!

• 14/04/2017 6:25 am

Thank You! I’m glad you noticed that I always try to incorporate a message in my collages… usually one symbolic of the heart of the post.

87. Denni permalink
    13/04/2017 7:59 am

I do , Easter is one of my favorite holidays ! here Easter is always family time , lots of food and lots of fun for kiddos

88. Emily permalink
    13/04/2017 11:25 am

I love the funny story about the easter bunny. It made me laugh out loud.

89. ohmummymia permalink
    13/04/2017 12:49 pm

I love Easter! this year it will be our son first Easter so we I can’t wait to see his joy:)

90. Gennifer Rose permalink
    13/04/2017 7:35 pm

Growing up I always loved Easter because of all the bright colors and festivities. We had a tradition of a big Easter egg hunt at my grandma’s ranch, so fun!

Gennifer Rose

91. Bhushavali permalink
    14/04/2017 3:51 am

A very merry Easter to you Elizabeth. And this year the day also overlaps with our traditional new year as well!

92. Boho Chic (@TotallyTerris) permalink
    14/04/2017 10:11 am

I’ve never celebrated passover before but I do Easter. I hope yours is “happy” and fun. We always get together to eat and let the kids hunt eggs.

93. Violinkit permalink
    14/04/2017 10:22 am

I have great memories of Easter with my children when they were small. The Easter Bunny was a big favourite and gave them hours of great memories and enjoyment. The Easter Egg hunt was also a very popular treat. Interesting history on the origins of the Easter Bunny.

94. Nichole Shirell permalink
    14/04/2017 11:35 am

I love Motivational Mondays. And I love the tie in to The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

95. Gábor permalink
    14/04/2017 8:09 pm

Very interesting! Today Ive been on a Easter march in Quito.. Its a bit extreme, but very fascinating…. Thousands of people dressed like purple KKK, but their not… I was shocked in the beginning…

96. Lindsey permalink
    16/04/2017 3:20 am

I love this, especially the easter bunny story, i also like the history at the begining of the post. Happy Easter. xx

97. Pooja Kawatra Gupta permalink
    16/04/2017 4:01 am

Happy Easter to you and your family! Though I am not from a multi faith home but at times living outside your home country it becomes challenging to instill that faith in your kids.

98. Blair Villanueva permalink
    16/04/2017 10:42 pm

I still can’t get it about the relationship of eggs and bunnies, however they are both cute together.

Happy Passover

99. krystal permalink
    17/04/2017 3:39 am

Easter came later this year and I Can’t believe we are almost in summer! We had a nice Easter dinner yesterday.

100. Wildish Jess permalink
    17/04/2017 10:05 pm

We don’t really celebrate Easter like most. We do the bunny and egg part but nothing else.

101. Maria Han permalink
    18/04/2017 10:26 pm

What a good post and I love the concept of Easter. I love the Inspiring quote too so great that you share this with us

102. 1stclassrvadventures permalink
    19/04/2017 7:00 pm

Love this post! This year we decided to not do the traditional baskets and just enjoy time as a family and talk about the meaning of easter

1. Motivation Mondays: Earth Day for Environmental & Climate Literacy | Mirth and Motivation
  2. Motivation Mondays: BREATHE | Mirth and Motivation