Motivation Mondays: CHANGE

03/11/2014

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” George Bernard Shaw

Motivation Mondays: Change - Even butterflies change from larvae to lovely

Motivation Mondays: Change – Even butterflies change from larvae to lovely. Photo by Fir0002/Flagstaffotos

Nelson Rivera, Jr, Change – Motivational Video

“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

Motivation Mondays: Change Is Inevitable And Good:  Recently, I made a public commitment to offer a motivational quote and message every Monday to help myself and others start our week on an upbeat note. I dreaded doing it but knew that if I truly wanted to change my blogging goals, I had to stand for something. Change is inevitable whether we like it or not. It happens to us in many ways, some subtle and some quite bold, and we might as well embrace it.

We change in physical, emotional, mental and many ways throughout our lifetime. Some of it is difficult and some of it is invigorating. However we wish to view change in our lives, we can grow from it if we adopt the attitude that every form of change is an opportunity to learn and grow.  Change is good. The details for Motivation Mondays are below.  Join in! The themes for November are:

11/3 – Change
11/10 – Courage
11/17 – Forgiveness
11/24 – Gratitude

More below!

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi

Motivation Mondays: Change - Our beliefs impact our effort to change.

Motivation Mondays: Change – Our beliefs impact our effort to change.

“For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” Steve Jobs;

One thing I know for sure is that every time we make a commitment to do something, there will be some testing to trip us up or make us more determined. I lost electricity last night and this morning and as far as I’m concerned, the focus must remain on the goal. Here’s to a great week ahead. The details are below. Join in!

Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.

Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for November below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page: MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join  and add your voice.

Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM

Positive Motivation Tip: Change is a process that we all go through. It can be deliberate, natural or forced. Embrace the change for good.

Related Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos: Painted lady Butterfly from Fir0002/Flagstaffotos via Wikipedia

1. Raymond Vasquez permalink
    03/11/2014 8:45 am

Change could sometimes be painful, but as painful as it is, it could help us grow and enjoy more in life later on.

Also on courage, I did have the nerve to tell someone just yesterday, how I feel about her response, and that it was not good for me, some times you just have to have the courage tell others how you feel for them to learn to be more modest or careful with their words.

• 03/11/2014 9:22 am

True. In fact, most people don’t admit it but change is not without some struggle. If we put effort into it, it gradually eases and becomes part of our life style but it entails some struggle.

2. 03/11/2014 8:49 am

One of the reasons, I guess, a country like ours don’t really progress because most of our citizens are afraid of or just really doesn’t want “change”.

We, people, demand change without realizing that we, in ourselves, need to accept that first. Without acknowledging and embracing change, nothing will change. Simple as that.

3. franckxethee permalink
    03/11/2014 9:09 am

Change is constant. The sooner we adopt the better chance to succeed and move forward.

• 03/11/2014 9:19 am

Yes and it is not always easy to do. But if we believe we can change and make even the tiniest effort, it will gradually become a habit.

4. 03/11/2014 9:54 am

Change is the only constant… And many times, human are resistant to changes which made them feel bad or uncomfortable!

5. 03/11/2014 10:01 am

I am trying to make this part of my week. But things are still a bit unsettled in the new home, so it may take me a while. YOU are an inspiration, my friend!
    xob

6. themusinghousewife permalink
    03/11/2014 1:23 pm

Change often happens without us realising. I look back at who I was a year ago and, even though I haven’t noticed it, aspects of my personality and looks have changed!

Great post! I must remember to pop by next week to join in if you don’t mind!

Beth

7. 03/11/2014 2:30 pm

Another great Monday Motivation theme. I still remember Gandi’s quote ”Let me be the change I want to see in the world.” Globally, the world needs to change and become a more friendly place. Personally, I always hear people say ”I need a change” but if it happens they find out it was not what they were looking for. I mean sometimes change is necessary but sometimes things are better just the way they are and a change would only mess them up.

8. Masshole Mommy permalink
    03/11/2014 3:00 pm

Those are all wonderful quotes. I hope you have a great week.

9. 03/11/2014 3:04 pm

Such an inspiring post for those people who doesn’t want rocking their boats. We should all learn to embrace change.

10. 03/11/2014 3:06 pm

I’ve always loved change, but it’s so much harder now that I have a kid. I think it’s because kids are always changing and making life crazy I just want the rest of my life to be calm. Thanks for the motivation!

11. staciwraps4u permalink
    03/11/2014 3:18 pm

Love this! Very well written

12. staciwraps4u permalink
    03/11/2014 3:19 pm

Love this. Very well written

13. Courtney permalink
    03/11/2014 3:34 pm

Very inspirational 🙂 change has to happen to grow…. Embrace it 🙂

14. 03/11/2014 3:39 pm

Wonderful motivational quotes! The last one is my favorite. Believing and visualizing make changes happen in a good way.

15. 03/11/2014 3:45 pm

if you can not accept change you have a tough life ahead of you!!

16. 03/11/2014 3:51 pm

Belief in oneself is the perfect starting point. Great post.

17. 03/11/2014 3:52 pm

I’m not sure I could commit to it if I didn’t love doing it. It just becomes a horrible chore!

18. 03/11/2014 3:58 pm

Very inspiring. I love it the idea of Monday inspiration:) Start the week right-it’s all about perspective. Keep spreading positive vibes my dear, good karma is ahead:)

19. Alisha Kostiuk permalink
    03/11/2014 4:07 pm

I always think change is a good thing. We might not know it at the time but it is.

20. 03/11/2014 4:42 pm

I learned how to better deal with and embrace change in my early twenties. I realized I could take something negative and turn it into a positive experience.

21. 03/11/2014 4:54 pm

I have just made the difficult decision to give up on a toxic relationship so your post is timely!

22. 03/11/2014 5:13 pm

Change comes within time. Nothing stays the same and thank goodness it does… For the better!

23. 03/11/2014 5:47 pm

Change has been my subject for this month. Great post

24. 03/11/2014 6:08 pm

It’s hard for older people to adapt to change as they have already established their habits and regular doing. How can we motivate them for example to use technology as it leads to more efficient lifestyle?

25. 03/11/2014 6:21 pm

Those are some great quotes. Change can be good sometimes and I try and embrace it whenever I can.

26. 03/11/2014 6:41 pm

I like this project because people who join in have something to look forward to for Mondays. Instead of dragging your feet to go to work, you now have a goal, to finish a Motivational mondays post.

27. 03/11/2014 7:00 pm

I am horrible with change… I know, I should be okay with it, but sometimes it just overwhelms me 🙂

28. Kimberly Bergeron permalink
    03/11/2014 7:14 pm

Such a beauty and great words to go with it!

29. 03/11/2014 7:16 pm

Sounds very encouraging. I love the topics you will be writing about.

30. 03/11/2014 7:22 pm

Change is the only constant.

Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go. — The Wonder Years

You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes. –AA Milne

Some quotes I live by.

31. 03/11/2014 7:28 pm

Glad to see you made a motivational post even though you weren’t really feeling it! Sometimes, just doing something will help keep ourselves motivated and we feel better after having done it.

32. loisaltermark permalink
    03/11/2014 8:07 pm

These quotes are so great and so inspiring. I especially love that George Bernard Shaw. So true!

33. sinyee0504 permalink
    03/11/2014 8:49 pm

Change needs effort and determination… If we don’t like change, we will step on the same place forever.

34. Andrea Callahan permalink
    03/11/2014 9:02 pm

I need motivation every Monday. Your posts are inspiring as always.

35. 03/11/2014 9:40 pm

Change is such an important part of life. It can be hard to accept change especially when we grow comfortable in our daily lives.

36. 03/11/2014 9:45 pm

I love these videos, The Motivational Grid channel on YouTube is very inspirational and tells you what you need to hear to put your butt in gear. Great reminder, good post.

37. 03/11/2014 9:49 pm

I love motivation Monday and I do the same on my blog 🙂 change is so inevitable in life, it helps me to realize that where I am is exactly where I am supposed to be, it helps me to better deal with change.

38. 03/11/2014 9:57 pm

The video was so moving. It reminded me that there many things I have to change. As for the motivation Mondays, I am thinking of doing the same. I’m sure it will be awesome.

39. 03/11/2014 10:28 pm

Thanks for starting this, its a brilliant idea!

40. 03/11/2014 10:52 pm

Change is inevitable and we must embrace it to move forward, this is such a beautiful post thanks for sharing and motivating us

41. 04/11/2014 1:37 am

Hmmm, since Mondays have that usual negative connotation of being a horror-story like day (i.e. The worst horror story ever: it’s Monday.), I think it;s about time we should turn the tide around and make it even better. You;re right: change is the key for that.

Nicely done, Eliz.

42. 04/11/2014 3:11 am

Reblogged this on frijasroxanne.

43. 04/11/2014 5:30 am

I think every single person can change the world, it doesn’t have to be something big at all. The tiny action, like showing a little kid a beetle, might make them take another look at the natural world and become the scientist who finally finds a cure for cancer. You never know what your actions will change so I think it’s best to stay positive

44. 04/11/2014 5:50 am

I love this quote. I remember going through a lot of personal changes with how I thought years ago, and it was one of the hardest times of my life. Glad it happened though. I feel I’m looking forward now and not backward.

45. Fi Ní Neachtáin permalink
    04/11/2014 5:51 am

I’m always so afraid of change as I always like to stick to routine and what I know. Lately though I’m beginning to realise that something HAS to change for the better.

46. 04/11/2014 6:17 am

Change is always a constant and we must learn to adapt and get stronger. Thanks for your motivating posts!

47. 04/11/2014 6:25 am

Thank you for such an inspiring post, Elizabeth! This was just what I needed to read this morning.

48. 04/11/2014 6:27 am

I am really bad with change, but working on getting better. I see forgiveness is coming up later in the month, that is another one I need to work on.

49. 3xhcch permalink
    04/11/2014 6:37 am

What a meaningful quote from George Bernard Shaw. I think I will memorize it. If there is no change, there would be stagnation and no progress. – Fred

50. 04/11/2014 7:06 am

Great post, I think change is important to move forward… What an inspiring post!

51. 04/11/2014 7:29 am

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
    The following info is from wikiquote on Socrates: “This is actually a quotation from a character named Socrates in Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives, by Dan Millman.”

I love this quote, and have been living by it since my small world started breaking apart. For the truth, does it matter who speaks it?

Been so busy building the new {my blog quiltingoneness.wordpress.com is up) that I had no time writing more for Motivation Mondays – I hope this will do for the moment to keep on track 🙂

52. 04/11/2014 7:32 am

Change can be frightening. It’s good to have a reminder that we need to embrace it rather than cower from it.

53. 04/11/2014 8:27 am

I love inspirational quotes and anything positive regarding personal growth! I love the idea of Motivational Mondays as well! Change is so difficult but so possible and liberating! Thank you for sharing.

54. lynndeeee permalink
    04/11/2014 8:47 am

As they say, the only thing that is constant is change. 🙂 I love reading positive quotes and admire people with positive outlook.

55. 04/11/2014 9:51 am

I hope that I can be part of change that will be remembered!

56. 04/11/2014 10:24 am

Making a change in your life is the most difficult thing on earth but without it we cannot progress! Great post! Thanks for sharing!

57. 04/11/2014 10:53 am

I love the Motivation Mondays. It is a great way to start the week I believe. Next weeks is my on birthday and I can’t wait for that one. Thanks for sharing.

58. 04/11/2014 10:54 am

I have a few things I’s love to change. One of them is my diet which I always seem to botch!

59. vegetarianmamma permalink
    04/11/2014 11:07 am

Love your monday motivations! Thanks for inspiring me!

60. 04/11/2014 11:44 am

Change is constant and I accept that with open arms. I welcome change but I also love the same. I have lived in my home for over 35 years and I am very happy not to have changed my address. 🙂 Guess it is all balance to me.

61. 04/11/2014 1:05 pm

Such inspirational quotes! I really like the one by Martin Luther King: “A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.”

62. 04/11/2014 2:27 pm

Change is a necessary part of progress and improvement. This is a good reminder of that.

63. 04/11/2014 3:49 pm

I have undertaken a lot of change in how I blog. I love the effect that it has had on me.

64. Christy Hoover permalink
    04/11/2014 4:02 pm

You’re quote is so true. We have to be willing to change and embrace it.

65. 04/11/2014 5:03 pm

Love that quote! So important to remember.

66. 04/11/2014 5:17 pm

I really love the concept of Motivational Mondays, it does provide a focus for the week. I would like to keep up with your Motivational Monday. Change is a challenging topic, but I really appreciated the Steve Jobs quote!! Peace, Debbie

67. 04/11/2014 6:54 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve joined a blog meme. This motivational blogging theme is a great idea. I hope to participate in the coming days.

68. 04/11/2014 7:05 pm

Butterflies certainly are representatives of change aren’t they? It’s a great theme for the fall too!

69. 04/11/2014 7:25 pm

PREACH! Thank you so much for reference Dr. Martin Luther King jr. “A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” That is so powerful and a reminder for us to stand tall and push through. I just started a quote book and this is definitely going in it. Thank you for continuing to share amazing quotes that inspire, motivate and most importantly make us think.

70. Melanie (@melaniemiddle1) permalink
    04/11/2014 7:42 pm

Beautiful words. A willingness to change is so critical to happiness.

71. 04/11/2014 9:34 pm

Oh well that’s pretty cool. I tried to set a theme for each day of the week… hasn’t worked too well! I like motivational Monday’s though.

72. 05/11/2014 3:23 am

Sometimes change is tough to deal with but it definitely is just part of life. Love the quotes!

73. 05/11/2014 6:13 am

I love that quote! And it’s so fitting that you put the quote on a picture of a butterfly!

74. 05/11/2014 6:20 am

Settling in your comfort zones and not accepting change means that chances of selfgrowth are crippled…its best to accept and adapt and make the most of it !

75. 05/11/2014 7:13 am

I am excited about Forgiveness. LOL! Change is the only thing constant in the world and I am up for it most of the time. It just gets harder when your relationship with loved ones are included in the change.

76. 05/11/2014 8:34 am

Great post 🙂 I’m always ready to let change come into my life, and I’m always trying new things!

Cheers!
    JoAnna
    foreverinparadise.net

77. 05/11/2014 10:06 am

Change is good, but oh so hard to accept sometimes. I do love the beauty and meaning behind the caterpillar that turns into a beautiful butterfly. I’ve also always been attracted to Monarch butterflies.

78. Danielle permalink
    05/11/2014 10:39 am

I totally agree. Change is vital for progression.

79. Elizabeth Towns permalink
    05/11/2014 12:15 pm

Change is inevitable, but best when we embrace it! Thanks for that motivation – I definitely needed it. Change has come into my life and by embracing it I can better face it!

80. 05/11/2014 2:44 pm

There is something so simple and beautiful about butterflies! Much like a butterfly, I’ve been through change and transition, but it’s all brought me to where I am today!

81. mydomesticdish permalink
    05/11/2014 8:17 pm

These are catching on like wildfire! I don’t do them myself but I’m always pleased to come across one 🙂
    Like a little boost of some positive!

82. mumwrites (@vixquips) permalink
    06/11/2014 8:06 am

change is really rather inevitable that is why we ought to learn how to deal + make friends with change.

83. rosieinrecife permalink
    06/11/2014 2:32 pm

Oooh sounds very cool! I love that you’re stepping out of your comfort zone a little to do this for everyone else as well as yourself 🙂 Definitely going to be following along!

84. Jason Ellis permalink
    06/11/2014 4:16 pm

Change is in your control, what you want and truly want is what will happen.

85. luckyseventen permalink
    09/11/2014 10:44 am

Thanks for the motivation. We all need a little push to get through Monday mornings.

86. 29/11/2014 2:36 am

‘Believe you can and you’re half way there.’

True. It all starts with the mind. Oh, I need this right now. Thanks to your for posting this. I kind of need it right now. 🙂

87. 02/12/2014 9:13 am

Believing is the first step to your success. believe specially in your self 🙂

88. Author Brandi Kennedy permalink
    10/02/2017 8:07 pm

I love the way you connected the Steve Jobs quote with the concept of embracing the need for change. It’s such a necessary thing, change – without it, there is no growth.

89. lucicoo permalink
    31/08/2017 9:00 pm

Change is always hard to go through but you have to do it.

1. Motivation Mondays: Courage | Mirth and Motivation
  2. Motivation Mondays: Forgiveness | Mirth and Motivation
  3. Motivation Mondays: GRATITUDE | Mirth and Motivation
  4. Motivation Mondays: ACCEPTANCE | Mirth and Motivation
  5. Motivation Mondays: The BUSY BUSY TRAP | Mirth and Motivation
  6. Motivation Mondays: Compassion | Mirth and Motivation
  7. Motivation Mondays: Joy! | Mirth and Motivation
  8. Motivation Mondays: REGRETS | Mirth and Motivation
  9. Motivation Mondays: SILENCE | Mirth and Motivation
  10. Motivation Mondays: PERSPECTIVE | Mirth and Motivation
  11. Motivation Mondays: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Most Inspired Quotes | Mirth and Motivation
  12. Motivation Mondays: Comfort Zone | Mirth and Motivation
  22. Motivation Mondays: PERFECTION | Mirth and Motivation
  23. Motivation Mondays: MISTAKES! | Mirth and Motivation
  24. Motivation Mondays: GROWTH | Mirth and Motivation
  25. Motivation Mondays: MINDFULNESS | Mirth and Motivation
  26. Motivation Mondays: APPRECIATION | Mirth and Motivation
  27. Motivation Mondays: HAPPINESS | Mirth and Motivation
  28. Motivation Mondays: What’s A Wellness, Fitness & Healthy LifeStyle? | Mirth and Motivation
  29. Motivation Mondays: Honoring SERVICE | Mirth and Motivation
  43. Motivation Mondays: PURPOSE | Mirth and Motivation
  44. Motivation Mondays: FAILURE | Mirth and Motivation
  45. Motivation Mondays: HOPE | Mirth and Motivation
  46. Motivation Mondays: Labor & Literacy | Mirth and Motivation
  47. Motivation Mondays: Positive Thinking | Mirth and Motivation
  48. Motivation Mondays: Partnerships For Peace | Mirth and Motivation
  49. Motivation Mondays: Good Neighbors & Goodwill #GoodNeighborDay | Mirth and Motivation
  50. Motivation Mondays: SMILE #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  51. Motivation Mondays: Happy Thanksgiving #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  52. Motivation Mondays: HOLIDAY SPIRIT #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  53. Motivation Mondays: Stinking Thinking #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  54. Motivation Mondays: International Women’s Day #IWD2016 | Mirth and Motivation
  55. Motivation Mondays: Expect The Unexpected | Mirth and Motivation
  56. Motivation Mondays: EARTH DAY | Mirth and Motivation
  57. Motivation Mondays: Serendipity | Mirth and Motivation
  58. Motivation Mondays: Matters Of The Heart | Mirth and Motivation
  59. Motivation Mondays: RELAXATION | Mirth and Motivation
  60. Motivation Mondays: PREPARED | Mirth and Motivation
  61. Motivation Mondays: AWE | Mirth and Motivation
  62. Motivation Mondays: World Mental Health Day | Mirth and Motivation
  63. Motivation Mondays: Happy Valentine’s Day | Mirth and Motivation
  64. Motivation Mondays: Honoring Presidents’ Day | Mirth and Motivation
  65. Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover | Mirth and Motivation
  66. Motivation Mondays: Earth Day for Environmental & Climate Literacy | Mirth and Motivation
  67. Motivation Mondays: EXPECTATIONS | Mirth and Motivation
  80. Motivation Mondays: ASK | Mirth and Motivation
  81. Motivation Mondays: ECLIPSE | Mirth and Motivation
  82. Motivation Mondays: STRUGGLE | Mirth and Motivation
  83. Motivation Mondays: LABOR of LOVE | Mirth and Motivation
  84. Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11 | Mirth and Motivation
  85. Motivation Mondays: STAY STEADFAST | Mirth and Motivation
  86. Motivation Mondays: Suicide Prevention Awareness Month | Mirth and Motivation
  87. Motivation Mondays: SAILING | Mirth and Motivation