Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION

23/02/2015

“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” Oprah Winfrey

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION - Wedding Feast

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION – Wedding Feast

It’s always good to remember where you come from and celebrate it. To remember where you come from is part of where you’re going. Anthony Burgess

Life gives us plenty of occasions to celebrate; we celebrate births, coming of age, graduations, weddings, birthdays, Valentine’s, recovery of health, death, and much more. The more we find reason to show gratitude for the life we have, the greater our quotient of joy increases. When we look at events in our lives, instead of focusing on the negative things that crossed our path, we can look for the lessons and the blessings in those events and use them as a catalyst for growth. When we wake up in the morning and feel ourselves motivated to get out of bed and follow our dreams, we should celebrate the impulse behind our actions. It takes a superior machine to keep our body and mind functioning, and that machine can develop kinks in it if we stay sour. Smile. Believe in yourself. Be grateful for what is. How has your day been going? Have you stopped to celebrate the breath you take and the life force coursing through your veins?

“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION - Black History Month

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION – Black History Month

“In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.” – Thurgood Marshall, first African American on the U.S. Supreme Court

What have you celebrated in your life today? Some of us never take risks or seize opportunities that cross our path because we are waiting for the perfect moment; presumably, the best time. While there might be more fortuitous moments in our lives, it is important to find every chance to rejoice, celebrate and be grateful for what is. When we start with the small things, they grow into a motivated movement that can lead to major changes in our communities and the world. This is Black History Month and if you studied your history books, you’d know that the movement for change was not an easy one but with every step of the way, moments of failure, were met with opportunities for victory. Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr and many others found moments to celebrate the struggle and to galvanize people from all walks of life to gather for the collective good.

“Share our similarities, celebrate our differences.” M. Scott Peck

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION -  Chinese New Year 2015 - Year of the Goat

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION – Chinese New Year 2015 – Year of the Goat

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. Audre Lorde

This year, we celebrated the Chinese New Year on February 19th, and it is the year of the Goat/Sheep. If you’ve ever lived on a farm, you’d know that goats are generally mild-mannered, persevering and cheerful animals that are very useful to the farm. They help clear the grass, produce milk made into cheese, produce offspring to increase the farmer’s lot, and when there is an important occasion to celebrate, their meat becomes a vital part of the celebratory meal. By the same token, we can take the lessons learned from these animals and apply them to the world we inhabit. How do we contribute to the joy of others? How do we make ourselves useful so others can find cheer in our company and celebrate with us? Even if you don’t feel quite goat-like, spend some time and figure out your raisons d’être. Reflect on it, and then go out and celebrate your good fortunes with others.

The details for Motivation Mondays are below. Join in! The themes for February are:
02/02 – Attitude
02/09 – Love
02/16 – Leadership – Honoring Presidents’ Day
02/26 – Celebration
03/02 – READ

“Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures.” Sam Walton

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION -  Holi Festival in Utah

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION – Holi Festival in Utah

People wish to be poets more than they wish to write poetry, and that’s a mistake. One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated. Lucille Clifton

I love Holi; it’s often seen as a festival of colors and love, because it gives people a way to come out and play and connect with their inner child. Celebration which fills us with happiness is good for our health and so, any time we jump for joy and hug each other, we are connecting at a deep and healing level. When do you make time to celebrate yourself? When do you meet up with family and friends for a chat, a meal and a stroll in the park? Life is full of hills and valleys, and we shouldn’t sit around waiting for the next hill or valley to appear before we go out and kiss the earth or wave at the sky. Do not let fear get in your way. Enjoy the life you have NOW. Celebrate it.

“I love any and all situations where you celebrate creativity.” Brad Paisley

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION -  A Joyful Party

Motivation Mondays: CELEBRATION – A Joyful Party

“It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” Bill Gates
“I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” Walt Whitman

Celebration has always been an important part of my life. In my father’s village in Nigeria, we celebrated everything from birth through the end of life. One thing that always endeared me to the community was how they would gather, when a person recovered from an illness or accident, and celebrate their recovery with a party. Why not? Think about the energy of healing and goodwill that is shared when people rejoice over each others good fortune. Imagine the clarity that comes when we celebrate the lessons learned from our failures, with wisdom and gratitude. When I came to the US, I got quite sick during my first year of graduate school. I had to take a semester off to recover. As an act of gratitude, I celebrated my recovery with a catered brunch. Some people were mystified by my actions until I explained the cultural connections and the implications that arise from honoring the good in our lives. Go out and find occasions to celebrate. Create your own and rejoice in it.

Positive Motivation Tip: Celebrate all that you are. Rejoice for the good and the bad for there are lessons everywhere.

Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.
Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for end of November and all of December below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page: MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join in and add your voice.

Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM

Related Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos: Holi in Utah, Chinese New Year 2015 – Year of the Goat, Black History Month, Wedding Feast in front of a Farm by Flemish artist Pieter Brueghel c. 1620Hip, Hip, Hurrah! (1888) by Peder Severin Krøyer, via Wikipedia.

1. 23/02/2015 2:20 pm

Cheers to the many many reasons to smile 🙂

• 23/02/2015 5:20 pm

Thank you and I enjoyed your earworm post… Haha! It’s happened to me a few times and it starts out real fun then becomes a nuisance. 🙂

2. 23/02/2015 2:53 pm

Another great motivational post. It’s true, we should find something to celebrate each day.

3. Masshole Mommy permalink
    23/02/2015 2:57 pm

We had our own Chinese new Year celebration here at home. We just kept it quiet, but celebrated just the same.

4. terrislittlehaven permalink
    23/02/2015 3:56 pm

Really great Motivational Monday post. I’d love to go to the Holi Festival in Utah and connect with my inner child :).

5. 23/02/2015 4:20 pm

Your posts are so uplifting! Thank you.

6. Liz Mays permalink
    23/02/2015 4:24 pm

I like when my family is around to celebrate any occassion. I wish we could all get together more often!

7. 23/02/2015 4:25 pm

Great post. Celebrating is important. That Holli festival looks amazing. I hadn’t ever heard of it before!

8. Nancy permalink
    23/02/2015 4:45 pm

I love a good celebration. This year my friend and I are celebrating her 40th birthday a little off the wall (pun intended). We’re heading to Yosemite to go rock climbing (we’ve both been climbing since 1995) so we’re super excited!!!!

9. loveforlacquer permalink
    23/02/2015 5:25 pm

I always love reading your motivation Monday posts! I love celebrating any time I can with friends & family!

10. 23/02/2015 6:21 pm

Great post with gorgeous photos! 🙂 Your Monday posts are always so uplifting! 🙂

11. ninasaysblog permalink
    23/02/2015 6:40 pm

This looks like such a wonderful experience. I can just feel the joy and love.

12. 23/02/2015 7:03 pm

Your posts are so motivational.. i use them as a pick me up! We will be celebrating this weekend! looking forward to it.

13. 23/02/2015 8:07 pm

I share the same opinion as all above. I always enjoy reading your posts. I always feel good after reading them.

14. 23/02/2015 8:09 pm

This is a great reminder to appreciate everything you have right in the moment. I have fallen off the horse on this lately and need to get back on.

15. celebdirtylaundry permalink
    23/02/2015 8:15 pm

I love celebrations, they are always so festive and happy; it’s such a beautiful thing.

16. Soap Opera Spy permalink
    23/02/2015 8:42 pm

Celebrations are so amazing, it’s just so lively and fun!

17. upliftingfam permalink
    23/02/2015 8:50 pm

I agree with you. I think we should celebrate each and everyday. After all, God gives us a new opportunity each day.

18. 23/02/2015 9:11 pm

I love that photo of them throwing the color. I’m doing a race like that in two months where we get to throw the color like that!

19. Debbie Denny permalink
    23/02/2015 9:35 pm

Lots of good celebrations. Move forward with attitude.

20. 3sonshavei permalink
    23/02/2015 10:22 pm

For my husband and I, all of our parents and siblings/nieces/nephews all live within 70 miles of each other so every occasion is a huge celebration

21. 23/02/2015 10:31 pm

The Lucille Clifton quote is spot on!

22. Myrabev permalink
    23/02/2015 11:03 pm

Love your motivation monday posts, I have always been brought up to cherish and be proud of where I come from and I am so grateful for that.

23. Rebel Sweetheart permalink
    23/02/2015 11:26 pm

Good vibes, all day, everyday! Have a wonderful week ahead! 🙂

24. Lauren permalink
    24/02/2015 3:10 am

When I went to school at BYU, I always went to Holi! It was a ton of fun!! It’s fun to see pictures of it to remind me of those good times!

25. Crystal (The Imperfect Mom) permalink
    24/02/2015 4:39 am

Very true, the more your thankful the more you enjoy!

26. Beth Williams permalink
    24/02/2015 6:45 am

I agree, there’s always something to celebrate any it’s good for us! Love the photos of the CNY parade– where is that??

27. Megan Elford permalink
    24/02/2015 7:08 am

Any excuse to celebrate is a good one! We never know what tomorrow may bring, so it’s always good to create opportunities to spend time with loved ones.

28. Dhemz permalink
    24/02/2015 7:56 am

what a great motivation post…it’s always good to celebrate something with family and good friends.

29. justamom8225 permalink
    24/02/2015 8:26 am

I think I’d read that Chinese New Year is usually celebrated for two weeks? Anyway, I think we should find something in every day to celebrate.

30. Stefani Tolson permalink
    24/02/2015 9:40 am

What a fun post. I love to celebrate too, any day of the week!

31. Maggie King permalink
    24/02/2015 9:44 am

I think its important for our health and spiritual well being to find a reason everyday to celebrate. Even if it’s just because we got another day.

32. The Trophy WifeStyle permalink
    24/02/2015 10:19 am

Omg another great post!!! Very motivational indeed!!! Loving the celebration photos 🙂

33. bismah2010 permalink
    24/02/2015 11:10 am

Great inspirational post! We should always celebrate the little things each day as well as the big occasions as they are just as important!

34. Ask Coach Donna permalink
    24/02/2015 11:30 am

Beautiful post – love your motivation tip to celebrate all that you are and I so like practicing this – “The more we find reason to show gratitude for the life we have, the greater our quotient of joy increases. “

35. 24/02/2015 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reminders. It’s so much easier for us to look at the bad stuff and not really focus on the beauty of everything else sometimes.

36. 24/02/2015 12:53 pm

Starting small does lead to a path of bigger things. Sometimes the most important step is just to take a step. 🙂

37. Ann Bacciaglia permalink
    24/02/2015 1:07 pm

I love your posts. I am always in need of some motivation,. Especially on Mondays.

38. 24/02/2015 1:20 pm

Today, I have celebrated the love that I receive from my sweetie and family. In less than one week, I’ll be celebrating my birthday!

39. yumeating permalink
    24/02/2015 3:57 pm

Everyday should be a celebration. In March I spend the month celebrating my heritage, my family, and where both sides of my family come from. It also gives me a chance to share that with others as well as teach kiddo.

40. 24/02/2015 4:46 pm

I love that Oprah quote, and it is so true! I love any reason to have a celebration, and they are so important to mark a special time in our lives, a milestone, or just plain enjoy life and all that we have.

41. Christina Aliperti permalink
    24/02/2015 6:15 pm

I try to celebrate what I have in my life every day. The Holi festival looks like a lot of fun. I would love to go.

42. OurFamilyWorld permalink
    24/02/2015 6:52 pm

I think that every one needs to get a motivating moment in their days. Thank you so much for all of the great posts.

43. lisa permalink
    24/02/2015 7:24 pm

I’ve never heard of Holi. It sounds pretty interesting.

44. Sojourner Walker (@sojossojourns) permalink
    24/02/2015 7:42 pm

I love this. Life most definitely should be a celebration. Thanks for this uplifting reminder. The pictures were beautiful.

45. Stephanie C. permalink
    24/02/2015 10:47 pm

Your posts really motivate me! I needed to read this today — sometimes I’m so busy looking forward or backward that I’m not celebrating or rejoicing in the moment. Thank you for the great perspective and quotes.

46. Fi Ní Neachtáin permalink
    25/02/2015 4:16 am

Wow, the Holi Festival in Utah looks amazing, so colourful. Life should always be full of celebration and in turn be celebrated itself.

47. 25/02/2015 4:39 am

These pictures are so beautiful & fun. Infact a great motivational post from you like you do always. After all getting together & celebrating an event is so important in life. Thanks for inspiring.

48. 25/02/2015 5:27 am

Love the motivation – we need to always remember to celebrate the little things!

49. wpeverythingmomandbaby permalink
    25/02/2015 6:27 am

I love the art you picked. Such a motivational post. Thank you. I needed it 🙂

50. cindy tong permalink
    25/02/2015 9:14 am

celebrating for being able to meet up friends for a good meal!

51. Bradley Finnearty permalink
    25/02/2015 4:01 pm

“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” More true words have never been spoke. I try to celebrate everything in life.

52. 25/02/2015 5:37 pm

yeah, we always find something to celebrate with people we love. meanwhile, we sometimes didn’t realize that we feel very thankful for what we celebrate.
    btw, Happy Chinese New Year. Wish us a good year ahead.

53. sriches permalink
    26/02/2015 5:18 am

Love the image of the celebration in Utah – so colourful and joyful! Lovely post! Today I am celebrating the fact I have been quite productive… this is a good thing! 🙂 Sim x

54. leybainpublic permalink
    26/02/2015 5:43 am

There;s a lot of reasons for us people to celebrate life as we know it. Great share of your own thoughts in here!

55. Maria Madrid permalink
    26/02/2015 9:01 am

Although it’s not a Monday, anyone can use a motivation at any day of the week. Thanks for continuously sharing motivation!

56. 26/02/2015 9:02 am

Everyday is my birthday because everyday is a new day to me. I am grateful to God and will live life to the fullest. Celebrate life!

57. 26/02/2015 9:02 am

In other words, celebration means to appreciate and to be happy about stuff! all in All, positivity will go along way!

58. Mazino Oyolo Kigho permalink
    26/02/2015 9:52 am

Life gives us plenty of occasions to celebrate.. For me it good health cos without it I wont be doing what I’m doing today.

26/02/2015 12:24 pm

Interesting topic about celebrating ourselves, keeping positive only! Great photos of black history month, Chinese new year and Holi. Never heard of Holi before. What culture or religion?

• 28/02/2015 5:21 pm

Holi is a festival that marks the coming of Spring; it usually occurs in March. It is a spring festival also known as festival of colors/festival of love. It is of Hindu origin and celebrated by people of all faiths who live in areas where the celebrations occur.

60. 26/02/2015 1:08 pm

I celebrate my being alive everyday. I keep thanking the Almighty for an addition in my life. And hey, I will have my graduation so soon! Quite excited now, another degree done! haha This is a great reminder for me to that indeed life is a present, it’s a celebration!

61. Von Avancena permalink
    26/02/2015 10:27 pm

I would love to be in Utah and celebrate Holi! It looks so fun!

62. franckxethee permalink
    26/02/2015 11:25 pm

Celebration is one of our ways to show our gratitude. I like the photo of the color powder ceremony and I’m also happy to be part of such a celebration 3 times now.

63. Vanessa permalink
    27/02/2015 2:32 am

Spring is coming and the spring spirit is already in the air, the whole nature awakens for new life. Let’s celebrate the transition from the winter cold and grayness into the joyful colors of spring with a lot of mirth and positive vibrations!

64. Jason Panuelos permalink
    27/02/2015 4:41 am

Today, I celebrate all the precious people who’ve come into my life. They motivate me and they empower me. 🙂

65. papaleng permalink
    27/02/2015 5:44 am

another inspiring motivation Monday post. The buttom line of all these celebrations we have is that God is always there to give His children the best. All we have to do is always be appreciative and grateful of what we have share each blessing with received to others.

66. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    27/02/2015 5:54 am

Good read as always. The bottom line of all these celebrations we have is that God is always there to give His children the best. All we have to do is always be appreciative and grateful of what we have share each blessing with received to others.

67. Sumi Go | The Purple Doll permalink
    27/02/2015 10:06 am

Great piece as always! I definitely agree with you. Gratitude can take us to many places, if only more people will adopt this attitude. In the family, I’m actually the one who’s always in a celebratory mood. There are several times that I’m more than excited for someone’s birthday than the celebrant him/herself. Haha! Anyway, thank you for this wonderful post that somehow served as a reminder for me. 🙂

68. Erin @ Sugar Crumbs permalink
    27/02/2015 7:20 pm

I just love your motivational posts! Especially after long weeks like this one! ❤

69. Maria Rona Beltran permalink
    28/02/2015 6:20 pm

“Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures.” Sam Walton

Love this! very true. we celebrate when we accomplished something. we should not overthink and move on fast to our failures.

70. 28/02/2015 6:38 pm

Thank you for such an inspiring post. We really love celebrating even the smallest of victories in our small family of three.

71. What Fatemah Say's permalink
    01/03/2015 7:39 am

Whatever culture or religion you belong to, celebrations has always been an important part of the traditions. this post reminded me how important it is to celebrate the happiness in life!

72. Nicol Wong (@yuk_lui) permalink
    02/03/2015 12:01 pm

another great read! celebrating with others always brings people together no matter what the holiday is

73. Emiliana Limlengco Sison permalink
    02/03/2015 4:34 pm

Had recently celebrated the Chinese New Year with the family. I always look forward to these family gaatherings as it fosters warmth and love.

74. 08/03/2015 2:09 pm

Reblogged this on Hello from me to you.

1. Motivation Mondays: READ – Honoring Dr. Seuss | Mirth and Motivation
  2. Motivation Mondays: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE | Mirth and Motivation
  3. Motivation Mondays: Responsibility | Mirth and Motivation
  4. Motivation Mondays: HEALTH | Mirth and Motivation
  5. Motivation Mondays: STRENGTH | Mirth and Motivation
  6. Motivation Mondays: PERFECTION | Mirth and Motivation
  7. Motivation Mondays: MISTAKES! | Mirth and Motivation
  8. Motivation Mondays: GROWTH | Mirth and Motivation
  9. Motivation Mondays: MINDFULNESS | Mirth and Motivation
  10. Motivation Mondays: APPRECIATION | Mirth and Motivation
  11. Motivation Mondays: HAPPINESS | Mirth and Motivation
  12. Motivation Mondays: What’s A Wellness, Fitness & Healthy LifeStyle? | Mirth and Motivation
  13. Motivation Mondays: Honoring SERVICE | Mirth and Motivation
  26. Motivation Mondays: PURPOSE | Mirth and Motivation
  27. Motivation Mondays: FAILURE | Mirth and Motivation
  28. Motivation Mondays: HOPE | Mirth and Motivation
  29. Motivation Mondays: Labor & Literacy | Mirth and Motivation
  30. Motivation Mondays: Positive Thinking | Mirth and Motivation
  31. Motivation Mondays: Partnerships For Peace | Mirth and Motivation
  32. Motivation Mondays: Good Neighbors & Goodwill #GoodNeighborDay | Mirth and Motivation
  33. Motivation Mondays: SMILE #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  34. Motivation Mondays: HOLIDAY SPIRIT #mondaymotivation | Mirth and Motivation
  35. Motivation Mondays: International Women’s Day #IWD2016 | Mirth and Motivation
  36. Motivation Mondays: EARTH DAY | Mirth and Motivation
  37. Motivation Mondays: Serendipity | Mirth and Motivation
  38. Motivation Mondays: Matters Of The Heart | Mirth and Motivation
  39. Motivation Mondays: RELAXATION | Mirth and Motivation
  40. Motivation Mondays: PREPARED | Mirth and Motivation
  41. Motivation Mondays: AWE | Mirth and Motivation
  42. Motivation Mondays: Happy Valentine’s Day | Mirth and Motivation
  43. Motivation Mondays: Reflections On Easter & Passover | Mirth and Motivation
  44. Motivation Mondays: Earth Day for Environmental & Climate Literacy | Mirth and Motivation

Kindly leave a meaningful comment. "Thanks for sharing" is NOT meaningful. Thank You!