Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11

11/09/2017

“We will remember every rescuer who died in honor… We will remember every family that lives in grief… We will remember…” President George W. Bush

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day - Remembering 9/11

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11

America will never forget the September tragedy that shook our Nation’s core 13 years ago. On a day that began like so many others, a clear blue sky was pierced by billowing black smoke as a wave of grief crashed over us. But in one of our darkest moments, we summoned strength and courage, and out of horrible devastation emerged the best of our humanity. On this solemn anniversary, we pause in remembrance, in reflection, and once again in unity. Presidential Proclamation

Today is Patriot Day – National Day of Service and Remembrance in honor of those we lost on September 11, 2001. 9/11 will forever be etched on our collective memories and psyche. It was a day of momentous horror and tragedy. So many lives lost at the hands of evildoers. It is remarkable to look back and remember how it seemed, on that day, that the world was coming to an end. We have prevailed; our prayers and goodwill will continue to uplift all the families of those who perished in the carnage, and uplift all who work to maintain peace in our world. As we honor the memory of those who lost their lives on this day, let us also hold up the folks who just went through the horrors of Hurricane Irma and Harvey. We need to remember that when one life is lost in a tragedy, the reverberations affect us all.  We remember sad events and share the stories so others won’t forget; we speak up so all of us will remember to say a prayer and lift up the spirits of the 2,996 people killed in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and those who lost their lives as well as the survivors of the hurricanes and floods around the world.

What memories of 9. 11. come to mind? Where were you on 9.11?  Sharing our sympathy and supporting those who lost loved ones was imperative during that period.  Regardless of where we were that memorable day, we all remember the pain, fear and shock in the aftermath of the planes that went down and the lives that were lost. The answers are as varied as there are people, and we all have powerful visual memories of that sad and tragic day; a day that is forever seared in our memories.  Many stood outside buildings or watched from TV screens. It was surreal. We watched in horror for what seemed like hours, and then we were so shocked we could not and did not speak. I was at a client’s home and, when I left, I went home in a state of utter shock. We all rallied to mourn the dead and attended memorial services… We coped by holding each other up and by remembering those we lost. Today, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum continues to provide succor to all who visit and spend some time learning about the events of that fateful day. Visit it, if you ever come to NYC.
READ: Remembering 9/11: NASA Marks 16th Anniversary with Online Tribute

“If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.”  Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day - Remembering 9/11

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11

The living owe it to those who no longer can speak to tell their story for them. Czesław Miłosz
There are stars whose light only reaches the earth long after they have fallen apart. There are people whose remembrance gives light in this world, long after they have passed away. This light shines in our darkest nights on the road we must follow. The Talmud

What motivates our actions? Because of hate, our lives were forever changed by acts of terrorism that killed thousands and left pain and great suffering for the families and friends of the deceased. When we are motivated by evil, we act accordingly. When we are motivated by good, we remember our humanity. The first responders, firemen, police, EMT and many others, came to help at ground zero and inhaled toxic fumes that gave many cancer and created much pain for some of those dedicated souls who came to help. Years later, some of us still have nightmares, reliving the horrific image of the twins towers collapsing. On 9/11, we all lost some part of our lives. The poem below by Billy Collins is poignant … and a must read.

What do you remember?  I remember that for months after 9/11, I avoided the city. I couldn’t bring myself to go there as it was too raw and painful and the smell of death hung in the air for many, many months. It  has taken some time to rebuild and reconnect with the city as a safe haven for all. Today, we pause to reflect, mourn the many lost, and vow to never forget… The new North and South Memorial Pools, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, the Tribute in Light and more, offer us some respite and a place to renew our hope and commitment to peace. My hope is that all will find peace and comfort on this day and that we will all stand up against acts of violence and hatred.  Sending healing wishes  to all the families that lost a loved one on 9.11.

The Names – Poem by Billy Collins via Poem-Hunter

Yesterday, I lay awake in the palm of the night.
A soft rain stole in, unhelped by any breeze,
And when I saw the silver glaze on the windows,
I started with A, with Ackerman, as it happened,
Then Baxter and Calabro,
Davis and Eberling, names falling into place
As droplets fell through the dark.

Names printed on the ceiling of the night.
Names slipping around a watery bend.
Twenty-six willows on the banks of a stream.
In the morning, I walked out barefoot
Among thousands of flowers
Heavy with dew like the eyes of tears,

And each had a name —
Fiori inscribed on a yellow petal
Then Gonzalez and Han, Ishikawa and Jenkins.
Names written in the air
And stitched into the cloth of the day.
A name under a photograph taped to a mailbox.

Monogram on a torn shirt,
I see you spelled out on storefront windows
And on the bright unfurled awnings of this city.
I say the syllables as I turn a corner —
Kelly and Lee,
Medina, Nardella, and O’Connor.

When I peer into the woods,
I see a thick tangle where letters are hidden
As in a puzzle concocted for children.
Parker and Quigley in the twigs of an ash,
Rizzo, Schubert, Torres, and Upton,
Secrets in the boughs of an ancient maple.

Names written in the pale sky.
Names rising in the updraft amid buildings.
Names silent in stone
Or cried out behind a door.
Names blown over the earth and out to sea.

In the evening — weakening light, the last swallows.
A boy on a lake lifts his oars.
A woman by a window puts a match to a candle,
And the names are outlined on the rose clouds —
Vanacore and Wallace,
(let X stand, if it can, for the ones unfound)
Then Young and Ziminsky, the final jolt of Z.

Names etched on the head of a pin.
One name spanning a bridge, another undergoing a tunnel.
A blue name needled into the skin.
Names of citizens, workers, mothers and fathers,
The bright-eyed daughter, the quick son.

Alphabet of names in a green field.
Names in the small tracks of birds.
Names lifted from a hat
Or balanced on the tip of the tongue.
Names wheeled into the dim warehouse of memory.
So many names, there is barely room on the walls of the heart.
*This poem is dedicated to the victims of September 11 and to their survivors. Billy Collins

The details for Motivation Mondays are below. Join in! The themes for July/August 2017 are:

AUGUST

08/06 –  01 National Girlfriend Day
08/13 –  06 Friendship Day, 12 International Youth Day
08/20 –  19 World Humanitarian Day
08/27 –  26 National Dog Day

SEPTEMBER

09/04 – Labor Day,
09/10 – TBA
09/17 – TBA
07/24 – TBA
09/30 – Yom Kippur

Are You Looking for Ways to Stay Creative in 2017?

post-a-week-2017-md
– Join the Daily Post Post-a-day or Post-a-week Challenge.

BHWritingLab_052016_post_PROMPT1A

— Join the BlogHer Writing Lab

“Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.”  President Barack Obama

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day - Remembering 9/11

Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11

As we remember all those we lost on that day and the Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice in the wars that followed, we must strive to carry forward their legacy. On this National Day of Service and Remembrance, we take up their unfinished work and pay tribute to their lives with service and charity. Through these acts and quiet gestures, we can honor their memory and reclaim our sense of togetherness. I encourage all Americans to visit www.Serve.gov or www.Servir.gov to learn more about service opportunities across our country. Presidential Proclamation

How did we cope?  We coped by holding each other up and by remembering those we lost.   As we sympathized with families of the deceased, we all had to find ways to heal. For part of the Healing, it was suggested to read Elizabeth Kübler-Ross’s model of the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Here is a link to the book: On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross and David Kessler. Many of us experienced some or all of these stages after 9/11 and, eventually, found a way to make peace with it. Peace = Acceptance. It was, probably, the hardest stage to embrace. Where were you on that fateful day? What do you remember? How did you cope? What are your thoughts? Where were you and what do you remember? Do share!

READ: Memories: Remembering 9.11…

Have a Happy, Healthy 2017!

Positive Motivation Tip: Seek peace in all your exchanges and never forget those who died.

Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.
Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for the months above/below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page:MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join in and add your voice.

Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM

Related Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos via  September 11 via Pixabay, AND   Rebuilt #1WTCDust covered victims, Montage, Flight 175 hits WTC South, via Wikipedia

1. angie permalink
    11/09/2017 7:35 pm

a day that I will never forget nor will my children that day changed their innocence and mine forever

2. Jane permalink
    11/09/2017 8:39 pm

I love the photos here. I was just talking with my husband about what we both remember about that day. I was 8 and he was 10. So he remembers a bit more than I do. But the basic sentiment of the day is the same. Fear, Sadness, confusion.

3. Suitcase And Wanderlust permalink
    11/09/2017 10:26 pm

I guess nobody will forget 9/11. I exactly remember where I was when I first heard about it

4. Mary Crowther permalink
    11/09/2017 11:37 pm

A day that I will always remember. Trying to explain to my young children as schools closed early, and being afraid for their future. Watching a young Mom in the grocery store buying all of the formula and diapers she could fit into her cart because she could not be sure of tomorrow.

5. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place permalink
    11/09/2017 11:43 pm

It was heartbreaking to watch the news during that day. Seeing people lose their lives and hearing their loved ones speak. It was too much.

6. Sian Lifts Weights permalink
    11/09/2017 11:46 pm

I really love your Monday motivation posts! This post is so important, such a sad day but to always been remembered!

7. Shawn Basey permalink
    12/09/2017 12:14 am

I was in my dormroom in college sleeping when it happened. Friends down the hall were shouting and I kept yelling “Shut up! I’m trying to sleep!” Then I finally went down and was confused at why they were shouting at a movie. Took me several moments for it to dawn on me that this was something real going on.

Beautiful poem from Collins. It’s hard to put words to meaningless violence.

8. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    12/09/2017 12:54 am

September 11th has scarred a lot of hearts. It is the harsh reminder of what hate can do. My only prayer is for our world to have peace. We are all God’s children. Hate should not have a place in this world.

9. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    12/09/2017 3:10 am

I was in my junior year in college when this tragedy happened. I may not be from the US, but I can never forget this day, and the harrowing scenes that I saw on the news and on the papers during that time.

10. acraftymix permalink
    12/09/2017 3:33 am

I still get tears every time I think about 911. One of those days that should never, ever have happened. It feels like yesterday, sitting having lunch with a friend when the images came up on the news. It was so difficult to comprehend. So, so sad

11. tpeskin permalink
    12/09/2017 4:10 am

This is still such a hard topic to discuss for me. I was in high school on 9/11. Living just 10 miles away from NYC my whole school went on lock down. No one went to class we just watched the TV in the common area. People where crying and screaming. Cell phones weren’t working so you could get a hold of any of your loved ones. It’s was such a terrifying day. Our country took a lot of time to heal and to be honest I’m not sure we are there yet.

12. abccooper17 permalink
    12/09/2017 4:56 am

This has been such a solemn day here in the city and filled with so much remembrance. I didn’t live in NYC when it happened, but I remember exactly where I was and every year I reflect on that. I heart goes out to anyone who needs a little extra love today.

13. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    12/09/2017 5:02 am

I was in high school back home in Bolivia and cramming last-minute for an upcoming test. My teacher came in crying and said that we all need to go to the library, that something major had happened. At the time the first building had been hit and we were all watching the news on a small TV in the library when the second building was hit. At that point it was extremely clear that the attacks were intentional. Our parents were called in and we were all taken home… goes to show you, the ENTIRE world stood still, all across the nations, even in my small city in the Andes mountains.

14. Tips from Toni permalink
    12/09/2017 5:12 am

Beautiful images – I was just in New York for the first time and there is definitely an overwhelming feeling one gets as he or she stands at the memorial sites of what used to be the towers. Thank you for reminding us and motivating us!

15. Jeff Honeywood permalink
    12/09/2017 5:42 am

As someone who lives in northern Virginia, I drive past the Pentagon at least twice a week, 9/11 hits close to home for me. I’ll never forget that day.

16. Julz permalink
    12/09/2017 5:47 am

I think everyone remembers where they were, what they were doing on that day and that moment when it happened. I know I do. I was in the car in France – on the way to my parents house. In the beginning I didn’t even understand what they saying, i think my brain couldn’t process it – so much horror, so much loss

17. Cia Black permalink
    12/09/2017 6:15 am

It’s true, you’ll never forget where you were that day. I was in the 10th grade enlight class. They stopped all classes that day and moved us all to the the auditorium and put the news on. That day changed everything for everyone. Even our small community states away felt the the impact. Even to this day I feel the sorrow and the pain 9/11 caused. I feel the uproar of communities coming together, the struggles of spouse and parents, friends and children and co workers wondering of the safety of someone else instead of themselves. But most importantly I remember that outpouring of love that feel upon us in a time of need from all over the world. I have been able to visit the memorial, but I’, glad that I got to see it through your lense.

18. Lexi Mary permalink
    12/09/2017 6:53 am

what inspirational post, what I won’t ever forget is the 9/11 date, it’s stucked in my heart. I would love be there and help those relatives.

19. jin permalink
    12/09/2017 7:27 am

What a thought-provoking remembrance post! Def one of those days that every American won’t forget. It left such an indelible mark on all of us and because of that moment, it made us stronger as Americans!

20. Yamkins permalink
    12/09/2017 7:37 am

I remember being in school and classes had to be suspended. I was then out of the country but most of us in class have family who are in the USA. Everyone was so worried. It was a scary time.

21. Venus Fitness-Shannon permalink
    12/09/2017 8:26 am

A touching photographic reminder of terrible tragedy.

22. Gbolabo Adetunji permalink
    12/09/2017 8:55 am

We would never forget their labor of love. Wonderful quote! Nice pictures!

23. ashunexpected permalink
    12/09/2017 8:58 am

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. I can’t believe it has been 16 years. It seems like just yesterday. I was able to go to NYC a few times in the lat few years and the memorial I think was done very well. Thank you for the post about such a meaningful day

24. Bhushavali permalink
    12/09/2017 9:56 am

Not just America, the whole world won’t forget 9/11…
    I was in India and was glued to the TV screen with complete horror!
    My prayers too to all those who lost their loved ones in the tragedy!

25. Jane S. Susaeta permalink
    12/09/2017 10:08 am

This quote is very true: If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.” Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl
    Forget about hatred…we all have short lives to live and we dont want to live it just hating

26. Parenting Healthy permalink
    12/09/2017 10:24 am

We visited NYC for the first time this summer. I took my son to the memorial and he learned about this tragedy as he was not born yet.

27. elishaff permalink
    12/09/2017 10:44 am

By remembering it, we can honor those that passed on. 9/11 impacted all of us even if we weren’t born yet (like me!)

28. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    12/09/2017 3:42 pm

That horrible day back in 2001 will be remembered by most. One of the saddest days for the US since I have existed. All the innocent lives lost for what? We will always remember!

29. Hey Sharonoox permalink
    12/09/2017 4:30 pm

I was in Asia when I heard this tragic news on tv. So many innocent lives were taken away on Sept 11 leaving mothers, wives, children, friends and country in grief. With empathy, I agree that to embrace it is the hardest.

30. Kiwi permalink
    12/09/2017 5:12 pm

I will be honest Elizabeth I really want to heal from this day. I was only a teen in high school but it was traumatizing and life has been altered ever since. But this is great historical information on 9/11 in case anyone wanted to get more detailed facts.

31. Lynzy & Co permalink
    12/09/2017 5:49 pm

Such a gorgeous post. That was hands down the most tragic day for America. I can remember where I was when it all happened. Thank you for this beautiful poem.

32. Survival is a Talent permalink
    12/09/2017 7:16 pm

I was in first grade on 9/11. My baby sister was born six days later. I was lucky enough not to have any family hurt. Thank you for the post ❤

33. Shannon permalink
    12/09/2017 7:36 pm

A tragedy that will never be forgotten. Beautiful photos and quotes

34. Shell permalink
    12/09/2017 8:37 pm

We will never forget…. the moments we all saw those horrific events are etched into our hearts and souls…

35. Samantha permalink
    12/09/2017 11:17 pm

I was working at a vet & a co-worker was making coffee when he saw that the first tower had been hit. He came to tell everyone & then the second tower fell. Clients called to cancel their appointments because they were glued to the TV. My work was just minutes from downtown Charlotte. There was uneasiness because Charlotte is one of the biggest banking cities & no one knew how many more places were targets. On my way home, I remember thinking that we weren’t defined by a party, religion, or any other label; we were Americans & coming together was the most important thing. Sadly, I immediately wondered how long it would last before people returned to their September 10th selves. If we had stayed united like we were in the days after 9/11, we’d be much better off.

36. abccooper17 permalink
    13/09/2017 4:38 am

I will never forget walking down my high school halls when I heard that the first tower went down. Such a scary day. Years later as an adult, moving in NYC, you can cut the emotion every year on this day with a knife – we will all truly never forget.

37. Calleigh Keibler - TheForkBite permalink
    13/09/2017 4:51 am

After 15 years, the families and friends of this sad tragedy still grieve and searching for understanding while survivors suffer, and the world still remembers.

38. Tatiana Sieff permalink
    13/09/2017 5:52 am

A really touching post. I’ll never forget the day of the event. Heartbreaking. Very well written – gracious & informative.

39. Julie Wright permalink
    13/09/2017 6:00 am

I remember watching at home (uk) in absolute horror, what a terrible day 😦

40. keisha1989 permalink
    13/09/2017 6:10 am

Another great photo challenge. A very significant day indeed. 9/11 is a day we will never forget.It affected the entire world. I really liked that poem by Billy Collins.

41. Julie Wright permalink
    13/09/2017 6:20 am

I remember watching on the TV from the UK, what a horrible day it was 😦

42. Rose Ann Sales permalink
    13/09/2017 6:26 am

Oh! I never forget of this tragedy on September 11..I’ll still appreciate and salute all the rescuers and people who lost their lives in honor..Love the motivational quotes in this article.!

43. Marissa permalink
    13/09/2017 7:48 am

I was in kindergarten when it happened. I don’t remember much of the day at all, but each year as I grew up I learned a little bit more of what happened on that infamous day. It’s hard to believe when you’re that young.

44. Sarah Crowther permalink
    13/09/2017 8:16 am

Very heartfelt post, thank you for sharing! I haven’t gotten to the memorial yet, but would love to visit it soon.

45. Via Bella permalink
    13/09/2017 8:43 am

I was in high school when it happened and I won’t forget it. We watched the second tower go down at school. It was a somber day.

46. Shevoneese permalink
    13/09/2017 9:39 am

A tragedy that showed the perseverance of a nation. I live in the Caribbean, and I was ten when it happened, but it affected me as though I was present in that state of chaos. I was glued to my television. My heart went out to families who suffered immense loss.

47. April Smith Decheine permalink
    13/09/2017 10:23 am

I was so all about Hurricane Irma here in West Palm Beach I totally forgot all about 9/11. I was a day late remembering!

48. margsstu permalink
    13/09/2017 11:00 am

Really nice post. I hardly remember 9/11, as I was six and in the first grade. But I do remember our teacher talking about it and assuring us that we were safe because we were in Wyoming and no wear near New York. It is always good to remember.

49. Lazy 40 Year Old permalink
    13/09/2017 2:57 pm

I had just gotten to my cousins house to pick her up when it all began. Needless to say whatever we were going to do didn’t happen. We were paralyzed by the tragedy unfolding and just froze, watching for hours. Never forget.

50. acheerymind permalink
    13/09/2017 3:35 pm

I will forever remember this day. I was 14 and saw on the news when coming home with my parents – I was terrified by what I saw and still remember crying in front of the tv. I hope such atrocities will stop one day, and that we will just live in peace.

51. Making Our Life Matter permalink
    13/09/2017 4:01 pm

What a fitting tribute to the events of that tragic day. Despite all the time that has passed, I can still remember every event, every feeling, every fear like it was yesterday. While I hadn’t lost anyone in that tragedy, it forever haunts me knowing the grief so many are feeling.

52. Cristine permalink
    13/09/2017 4:01 pm

9/11 is always a difficult day of memories. So many brave people who helped others in the face of terror. Life has never been the same.

53. lavandamichelle permalink
    13/09/2017 4:06 pm

I was married on September 11, 2001. We were supposed to get married on 15th, but with all that was happening, our breakfast with family turn into our wedding. Sometimes, I look at this day and cry and sometimes I look at it and smile.

54. Brittany permalink
    13/09/2017 5:04 pm

Very nice piece on 9/11. I remember everything like it was yesterday and seeing this makes me think of where we are today and the things and people we have lost. Great post.

55. diadarling3 permalink
    13/09/2017 5:58 pm

I remember sitting in my 7th grade classroom and having someone pull my teacher outside and she came back crying. She told us we’d been bombed. I think back to how little we knew that day and how we all responded. Even without a lot of info, I was lucky enough to be in a classroom that let us talk about our feelings.

56. thatssodarling permalink
    13/09/2017 7:05 pm

This is such a great memorial for 9/11! Such a great post!

Xo-Lisa

57. gracielaalexandraa permalink
    13/09/2017 7:38 pm

I loved this. I remember when 9/11 happened I was in New Jersey and couldn’t understand what was going on. Because I was just learning English, I couldn’t wrap my mind around what a terrorist was. Thank you for helping me remember this day.

Blessings

58. joyfulsource permalink
    13/09/2017 10:04 pm

Indeed, our lives are forever changed! We will remember those who lost and died, our heroes.

59. vidalthaver permalink
    14/09/2017 2:56 am

Billy Colins’ poem really touched me. Such a beautiful yet tragic expression. R.I.P to all those souls lost during 9/11

60. Aditi permalink
    14/09/2017 3:55 am

You always share beautiful poems! 👍🏼 True-no time for hate.

61. Hellocuppies permalink
    14/09/2017 4:21 am

I’m in the UK and I was at work at the time it happened. Someone ran up to me and said quick watch the TV. So we did. The place turned silent and the atmosphere was just full of tension and concern. I’ll be visiting New York next year and will go to the memorial site.

62. Ithfifi permalink
    14/09/2017 6:18 am

Such an important day to remember, for all those effected, and for all those who bravely put their life on the line to help in any way; a great and emotional post.

14/09/2017 7:33 am

I was not aware that the commemoration of the 9-11 tragedy is called Patriot’s Day. That was really a shocking day for all the civilized world to witness unfold on live television! I could never forget the nightmare of witnessing the WTC towers collapse on TV.

64. elenasts permalink
    14/09/2017 8:19 am

I will never forget the breaking news about 9/11 when I got back home from school. I still do not get what happened and most of all how people can be that cruel and able to do something like that.

65. Sassy N Dangerous permalink
    14/09/2017 8:34 am

While I was only two at the time, growing up and learning about 9/11 struck me hard. To know that our country suffered this attack is heartbreaking. But it also makes me happy to know that we rose above the ashes and became stronger from it. We will never forget. Thanks so much for sharing. ❤

66. Suanlian Tangpua permalink
    14/09/2017 8:52 am

Nice poetry! very encouraging and motivational. We remembered all our heroes.

67. Venus Fitness-Shannon permalink
    14/09/2017 9:42 am

I like your point, “We need to remember that when one life is lost in a tragedy, the reverberations affect us all.” an excellent reminder that although removed we are all connected.

68. famousashleygrant permalink
    14/09/2017 10:26 am

I’ll never forget where I was on 9/11. I was in a senior assembly to learn how to purchase my graduation announcements and my cap and gown. I was stressing over some homework, and an upcoming test when our assembly was cut short and we were all ordered back to class, and our school was placed on lockdown. Every single television in the school was on, and in that moment nothing else mattered.

69. Ana Ojha permalink
    14/09/2017 2:00 pm

We can never erase this day from our history! May God give strength to all those families who have lost their loved ones on this day. I’ve never read about Elizabeth Kübler-Ross’s model of the five stages of grief. I need to check this out!

70. ktmommyscene permalink
    14/09/2017 2:25 pm

Such a hard day. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. Thank you for sharing your lovely tribute. I hope we learned from those events.

71. Cara (@StylishGeek) permalink
    14/09/2017 4:06 pm

We will definitely never forget. 9/11 touches my heart tenderly until today. So thank you for your commemorative post. It is so important for all of us to alway not forget what happened, even if we have moved on.

72. lucicoo permalink
    14/09/2017 7:17 pm

I think they did a beautiful job in the memorial for those who lost their lives in this tragedy.

73. nicoleflintkontrol permalink
    15/09/2017 6:22 am

I will never forget this day! Even though I was in the 2nd grade when it happened, I will always remember where I was on this day. #neverforget

74. iamemgee permalink
    15/09/2017 6:56 am

Thanks for reminding me what happened during the 9/11, i had forgotten about it due to to hectic schedules. I love how you motivate the readers to be patriotic and how to to control our feelings and attitude. We really should control ourselves and must not make hate our motto. 🙂

75. London Mumma permalink
    15/09/2017 8:00 am

I remember this tragic day like it was yesterday, so many innocent lives lost for people greed and stupidity.

76. Tita Pacita permalink
    15/09/2017 9:19 am

I’m not from the USA, but I remember when this happened I was in grade school and it was the first time I seriously thought about the future. In our country as well, in the Philippines, people have gone crazy and it worries our generation to no end. Like what you said, we will never forget and keep fighting for our country, too. Thanks for this post 🙂

77. Nayna Kanabar (@SIMPLYF00D) permalink
    15/09/2017 2:36 pm

The events were so sad that even to this day I shiver when I read or think about it. I feel for the people who had to experience this first hand and my thoughts and prayers will be with them at all times.

78. Ketki R S - Dotted Globe permalink
    15/09/2017 2:57 pm

So true, we need to commemorate those who are no longer there. Nice photos of the memorial and ground zero.

79. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    15/09/2017 3:40 pm

Who can ever forget that day? It is a sad, sad time in history. This is something we must let our children understand, that we must learn to stop the hate. Stop the divide. Only then can we achieve peace not only within our country but with the world.

80. Jhilmil permalink
    15/09/2017 6:16 pm

What a heart wrenching day that was 9/11. Not just USA, rather whole world will never forget that day. I still pray for the lives and for the ones who lost their loved ones on the Patriot Day!

81. tararaquelfuller permalink
    15/09/2017 6:19 pm

this is beautiful. I remember being in 10th grade geometry class and seeing the towers burning. I remember the fear and confusion sweeping across everyone in the room and the country as we all watched the towers fall, with people plummeting to their deaths. I had just returned from my summer intensive with the American Ballet Theater in NYC. I walked past the towers every single day and had just been to the top just a month prior. It’s so incredibly heart wrenching .. I think of those who chose to jump to their deaths and picture myself being up that high .. all of the pain still makes me cry.

82. Nicole Anderson permalink
    15/09/2017 6:50 pm

Reading this made me quite sad. When will we, as the human race, ever get to the point where we will rise above unnecessary conflict and just be accepting of differences like culture and religion? Will that point in time ever arrive? Are we capable of learning from such past tragedies? I would certainly love to think so.

83. Adriana permalink
    15/09/2017 11:26 pm

An amazing tribute to 9/11 and Patriots Day. I remember waking up and seeing it all over the news in Australia and wondering what was happening. So devastating.

84. Tanvi Rastogi (@Tanviidotcom) permalink
    16/09/2017 6:50 pm

Sometimes I cannot believe it has been so long … I was in college back then and it was all so chaotic and scary even for people outside US. Sending best wishes to everyone affected by this tragedy.

85. kalliamanika permalink
    16/09/2017 8:26 pm

I think everyoe stood still on 9/11. Everyone remembers where they were, what they were doing and the immediate shock and sadness that it brought!

86. Melanie Poulos Walsh permalink
    16/09/2017 8:31 pm

I remember that day so clearly still. I live in California so it was still morning when the planes hit. My sister rushed to tell me of the news. Most of my college courses were cancelled that day. The fear that there would be more attacks spread across the country.

87. Ruth I. permalink
    16/09/2017 8:54 pm

I am from a different country but I still remember this. It’s heartbreaking when it happened and until now. It has changed a lot since then, but the memories will remain.

88. toastycritic permalink
    16/09/2017 9:57 pm

I just started dating someone at the time. I was preparing to make a drive to visit that following weekend when the towers hit. I remember it feeling like time had stopped and the world was crashing in around me. Just being with loved ones helped to get through that time. And to feel like everyone was supporting everyone else helped as well.

89. Aditi permalink
    17/09/2017 4:18 am

This was such a sad day in human history. My heart goes out to all the families who lost their loved ones in this deadly attack.

• 17/09/2017 12:24 pm

Every year, I choose to remember. They are deserving of our attention and that we never forget that hatred is a poison that needs to be plucked and healed.

90. Ellie permalink
    17/09/2017 8:25 am

I remember where I was that day, just coming home from School and seeing it on the news it was moment where you just can’t move. I went there a few years later and just ended up sobbing in front of the children’s drawings on the wall. So devastating.

91. Otakore permalink
    17/09/2017 11:25 am

The whole world remembers. I’m from the Philippines. During that time it happened, I just returned home from school. My mom is focused watching the TV. It was very horrific. As the News televised It live, I saw the plane crashed into the building.

I hope for it to stop already but I think terrorism is spreading bit by bit. The “root” of such hatred is still there.

May we become alert at all times.

Thanks!

• 17/09/2017 12:23 pm

I hear you…. Life has become more treacherous with all the hatred out there. My prayer is the same as yours… More alertness, peace and forgiveness.

92. fashionandstylepolice permalink
    17/09/2017 2:34 pm

I was in high school when 9/11 happened. I was just finishing up my classes. I can never forget and with all the acts of terror going on, it is impossible to forget.

93. Queens of Virtue permalink
    17/09/2017 4:19 pm

I don’t think I could ever forget 9/11! I was living in New York at the time. My husband and mother were both in the heart of the chaos! So many lives were lost, and I love this feature as it reminds us about the importance of life! Thanks for sharing!

94. kleebanks permalink
    17/09/2017 5:58 pm

I will never forget that day. I was at my best friend’s house, one who is like a sister to me. We were starting our day with a cup of tea and a visit before going our separate ways for the day. Her mother actually called her and asked her if she was watching the news. We weren’t, so she turned on the TV and we held onto each other, watching in horror at the events unfolding.

95. Tiffany Yong permalink
    17/09/2017 8:43 pm

It’s been 16 years… amazing how time flies when we least expect it to. Although I live really far, we felt the impact then too. Hope the world can gradually become a better place~

96. chewoutloud permalink
    17/09/2017 9:59 pm

Our 8th grader’s entire class really took the time to honor this day last week, and they did an amazing job. The students, even at this young age, understand more about the world they are growing up in, and they can safely feel and share and be heard in how all of these events affect them as well. I myself was teaching a class of 3rd graders on that morning. I remember the confusion and all that followed. We will never forget.

1. Motivation Mondays: Patriot Day – Remembering 9/11 — Mirth and Motivation – fashion has been overlooked for so long so that is why we are here to talk about innovation,creativity,uniqueness in fashion for men not just fashion but also health,bus
  2. Author Interview – Katherine Dell – Harmless Series (Mystery/Thriller/Paranormal Romance) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)