Reflections: Be The Change…
There is no delight in owning anything unshared. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“Sometimes we hold on to our possessions because we fear we might run out – life seems scarce. But when we believe that giving is the way to live, we will produce more in the future – life seems abundant.” John C. Maxwell
When I first read the WP prompt on what change I would love my blog to make in the world, it took me back to my earliest blogging days in 2008. I started with clear goals to connect and contribute to the ever growing online community of bloggers and social media fans. But the larger goal was to share a motivational insight and/or a nugget of inspiration to cheer others on. I have not lost sight of those goals at all though, over the years, I ramped down on certain aspects of social media. Something I remain passionate about is my belief that we all want to be heard, appreciated and respected. Blogging is about community building and paramount to that belief is the support we give each other. As most of us know, supporting and staying abreast of all the blogs we read takes enormous work and so an attitude of gratitude towards others who support us is key. I appreciate everyone who visits my blog and one thing I want to remain is grateful for the kindness and feedback.
“I want to give like I have plenty. I want to love like I’m not afraid” Chris Tomlin
The pen is a powerful tool and the way we use it can help or hurt others, so consideration is always important… Lately, I’ve read some posts questioning the motives of fellow bloggers who visit to like/comment on blogs. When a fellow blogger Likes and/or comments on a post, instead of second guessing their motives, let’s stop and consider that they took a moment out of their schedule to drop in and acknowledge our writing; then reciprocate with delight and a positive mindset. We can take it further and give generously by liking and supporting other bloggers new to us; not only our blog buddies. If you’ve ever given to others freely and with an abundant spirit, you’d know the joy the spirit feels… I’m always happy to encourage/support other bloggers; even as I struggle to stay on top of it too. Why? Because there is grace in supporting and helping others grow; we don’t achieve success by sitting alone in an ivory tower. We gain nothing from withholding our Likes and comments from other bloggers. We can be the change we wish for the world, by opening our palms and showering others with the same goodwill we wish for ourselves. Try it! More below.
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” Mother Teresa
As the saying goes, charity begins with us. When my fellow bloggers like or comment on my blog, I’m grateful for it and make the effort to reciprocate with a grateful loving heart. It matters less to me to psychoanalyze why/how quickly/how slowly they respond to my post. It means more to me that a fellow blogger took the time to stop by and like and/or comment on my post and I will always appreciate the gesture. Blogging is about building community and making connections; some stay and some leave… I use the Like button as an expression of the abundance/generosity I see and hope to see in the world, and I see no point in withholding it. Every Friday I look forward to the photo challenge because I get to spend the next 4-5 days visiting hundreds of posts and enjoying the creative submissions of others. I Like all of them and comment on several… I give it freely and joyfully and life goes on. WE can all do our bit and it cost nothing but the time we commit to it.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience!
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: What change, big or small, would you like your blog to make in the world?
For More: Women’s Lives & Issues
Positive Motivation Tip: Share your largesse and your LIKE button freely and joyfully and see the magic of goodwill happen around you.
- Comments, traffic statistics help empower bloggers (eurekalert.org)
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « *any day my way*
- Daily Prompt Answered: Be the Change « A Mental Mystic
- Change «
- Be the Change « Loving Korean
- Be The Change~ Do I dare to dream I could be this? « The Cheeky Diva
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « meanass
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « Green Momma Adventures
- Celebrating Change « Sisters of Christ
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « mountainbreezesblog
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Daily Promt: Be the Change. Take a Walk. « Walking in Sonoma County…mostly
- Settle down! Listen for quiet joys. | rarasaur
- Change «
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « Swozy’s Blog
- I’d like to teach the world… | Shadoza: In My World
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change – Isn’t it nice to know and love the children of the world? | My Notebook
- Be the change you wish to see in the world « All that I am, all that I ever was…
- juxtaposition: tradition and change | A Little More Documentation
- Daily Prompt: Change and Snowed in at Wheeler Street « Pride in Madness
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change « the Trigger-happy housewife
- Life’s what you make it. ( Reader discretion advised, scenes of debauchery and mild dribbling ) « DarkStarBurning
- Be the Change | Thirdeyemom
- Reflections: Be The Change… | Mirth and Motivation