“Challenge yourself, grow, blossom, and become who you were meant to be. Don’t ever stay at a job solely out of convenience or comfort. Aim higher, even if that means pursuing another job that’s just one step closer to your ultimate goal.” Carolyn Aronson
A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. Max Muller
Any human anywhere will blossom in a hundred unexpected talents and capacities simply by being given the opportunity to do so. Doris Lessing
If you want to be truly successful invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere your success will blossom. Sydney Madwed
How Do we Grow and Blossom? With summer upon us and blooms blossoming everywhere, we can’t help but imagine how these abundant changes impact our lives. We hear the adage to bloom where we are planted and for good reason. When we invest our time and effort into planting fertile seeds in the ground, we expect them to bear fruit. By the same token, when we put great effort and commitment into projects that matter to us, we reap the long term rewards that come with our hard work. But we must be vigilant and patient. We cannot plant and let our eyes wander or abandon our ship for more verdant terrain. Like the peach tree and the many flowers we see blooming their colorful hearts out, it took time and effort to get there. So, put in the time and nurture your work to help its growth. An important caveat to remember is that everything happens for a reason and in perfect season. Don’t fritter away your effort by watching the clock. Do the work and let the rest follow.
From Blossoms BY LI-YOUNG LEE via poetryfoundation
From blossoms comes
this brown paper bag of peaches
we bought from the boy
at the bend in the road where we turned toward
signs painted Peaches.
From laden boughs, from hands,
from sweet fellowship in the bins,
comes nectar at the roadside, succulent
peaches we devour, dusty skin and all,
comes the familiar dust of summer, dust we eat.
O, to take what we love inside,
to carry within us an orchard, to eat
not only the skin, but the shade,
not only the sugar, but the days, to hold
the fruit in our hands, adore it, then bite into
the round jubilance of peach.
There are days we live
as if death were nowhere
in the background; from joy
to joy to joy, from wing to wing,
from blossom to blossom to
impossible blossom, to sweet impossible blossom.
Li-Young Lee, “From Blossoms” from Rose. Copyright © 1986 by Li-Young Lee.
Reprinted with the permission of BOA Editions Ltd., http://www.boaeditions.org.
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Elizabeth Appell
Be honest, be nice, be a flower not a weed. Aaron Neville
When the flower blossoms, the bee will come. Srikumar Rao
Just imagine becoming the way you used to be as a very young child, before you understood the meaning of any word, before opinions took over your mind. The real you is loving, joyful, and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun. Don Miguel Ruiz
Why Commit to Blossoming? It started with that poem above; From Blossoms BY LI-YOUNG LEE. It was posted on the wall of my local yoga studio and I made a copy for myself because the words spoke to me on many levels. There was a wistful yearning to the poem and it was a keen visual reminder of the growth of things we enjoy and remember. Summer time peaches are sweet and juicy and very satisfying… the smell and taste linger. If we pause to ponder where our delightful experience came from, we would, like the poet, recall the love, time, and effort the farmer placed on producing the succulent fruits we enjoy. The same applies to our lives and goals. We set out with a vision, apply our skills and do the heavy lifting to reach our goals; when we do bear fruit, it is a sweet reward for our gardening effort. Our work will produce a harvest for us and others to enjoy so, don’t give up. Grow and blossom where you are planted.
The details for Motivation Mondays are below. Join in! The themes for APR 2018/MAY 2018 are:
05/06 – 01 May Day, 03, National Day of Prayer, 03 World Press Freedom Day, 04 Star Wars, 05 Cinco De Mayo
05/13 – 13 HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, 16 Ramadan starts, 19 Armed Forces Day,
05/20 – 20 Pentecost Day, 23 World Turtle Day, 24 National Brother Day
05/27 – 28 Memorial Day, 30 World MS Day, 31 World No Tobacco Day
06/03 – 05 World Environment Day, 06, D Day, 08 National Best Friend Day,
06/10 – 13 St Anthony, 15 Eid al-Fitr,
06/17 – 17 Father’s Day, 18 Int’l. Picnic Day, MTV Movie Awards 19 Juneteenth, 20 World Refugee Day, 21 Summer Solstice, Int’l. Yoga Day, World Music Day
06/24 – 24 St John the Baptist, 26 Day against Drug Abuse/Illicit Trafficking
Are You Looking for Ways to Stay Creative in 2018?
– Join the Daily Post Post-a-day or Post-a-week Challenge.
— Join the BlogHer Writing Lab
“No greater thing is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.” Epictetus
Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature. Gerard De Nerval
You’ve got to be one that, wherever you are, like a flower, you’ve got to blossom where you’re planted. You cannot eliminate darkness. You cannot banish it by cursing darkness. The only way to get rid of darkness is light and to be the light yourself. Cory Booker
How long will this take? What difference does it make? It makes no difference how long it takes because the process is different for each of us. It is the journey that matters more not the destination because when we finally get there, everything will fall into place and make sense … enjoy the journey. Instead of wasting time counting the days and hours, stay focused and present on the task at hand. Enjoy the process and do the work with love and commitment. Don’t get caught up in envious nitpicking. Don’t waste your time casting aspersions on others as if they don’t know what to do. Do YOU. Be your own guide to the door of light and venture in there. Don’t squander the day with distractions or excessive day dreaming. Actions are far more powerful than plans. We can plan but we must ACT. Go do it! Remember patience and compassion are necessary tools on the journey!
Have a happy, peaceful and productive week ahead!
Any Zen Antics stories via
Positive Motivation Tip: Grow, blossom, bloom where you are planted…
Motivation Mondays is open to anyone who wishes to share a motivational quote, photo, personal challenge or a post that encourages others to start the week on an upbeat note.
Basic Instructions: Each week, I will have a motivation word to help us create a response. (See listed words for the months above/below)
Email address: You may email or share your post as a comment and I will add it to the round-up of related posts. email it to: contact(@)mirthandmotivation(.)com
Category tag: – Share your post using Motivation Mondays
Twitter hashtag: – Use this on Twitter #MotvnM
Dedicated Page: There is a dedicated page for Motivation Mondays. It has the same instructions and will include other helpful tools and a link to the round-up
Facebook Page: MotivationOnMondays Join our page and add your post and/or any motivational piece you think will be helpful to others.
Facebook Community: We have a Facebook community forum to compliment the page. It serves as another way to share uplifting posts and thoughts. Please join in and add your voice.
Badge: – I created a fun badge using PicMonkey’s free photo editing tools. You can create your own, use WordPress’ integrated tool on your blog or you are welcome to use mine. (see dedicated page)
Tag: – Motivation Mondays
Hashtag: – #MotvnM
- Motivation Mondays: Wonderfully Made (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Honoring Father’s Day (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Love & Laughter (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Observing Memorial Day (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: VALUE YOURSELF (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: LIFE CHOICES (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Why Mother’s Day Matters (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: CLOSED DOORS (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: A Passion For BOOKS (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: VOLUNTEER – #NationalVolunteerWeek (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: PERFECT CONDITIONS (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: BEING HAPPY (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: REBIRTH (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: International Day of Happiness & Global Goals(mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: St. Patrick’s Day Traditions, Toasts & Tales (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: International Women’s Day #TimeisNow (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: HEART & HISTORY MATTER (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: BLACK PANTHER REVIEW (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Beyond Valentine’s Day (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Heart of Transitions (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Disrupt Your Paradigms (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Walk In the Light #MLKDay(mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Stumbling Blocks (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Happy New Year (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Suicide Prevention Awareness Month (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: BREATHE (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: REST (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: World Health Day – Depression #LetsTalk (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Why Does #MLKDAY Matter? (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: World Mental Health Day (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: RELAXATION (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Matters Of The Heart (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: PAIN #mondaymotivation (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: I Have A Dream #MLKDay (mirthandmotivation)
- Motivation Mondays: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Most Inspired Quotes(mirthandmotivation)