Haiku: From Hearts, Voices And Frayed Nerves…

23/03/2016

“In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.” Christopher Morley

Haiku: From Our Hearts, Voices & Nerves...

Haiku: From Our Hearts, Voices & Frayed Nerves…

The latest terror
Violence rends flesh to shreds
smashed hearts, voices … nerves

Coursing through sinews
Hate seeks to end global peace
Clinging to warped tales

Can we build bridges?
From hearts, voices, and frayed nerves
To heal … our wounded

With hearts of courage
Love’s peaceful pathway triumphs
Against the terror

The many recent acts of terror around the world have left us confounded and deeply concerned. We have seen and heard of the carnage, and each incident in any part of the world is an attempt to derail the path to peaceful coexistence. We must not stay silent. Use your voice to teach those around you that violence is never an answer to discontent…

“If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve your turn long after they are gone, and so hold on when there is nothing in you except the will which says to them: ‘Hold on!'” Rudyard Kipling

Haiku: From Our Hearts, Voices & Nerves...

Haiku: From Our Hearts, Voices & Frayed Nerves…

A bloody spring day
Hatred and screams rent the air…
Striking hearts and nerves

Peace pathways maligned
Clinging to broken branches
hearts, homes … sacred space

Our voices carry
Lamenting our global loss
Mother Earth’s … keening

Love’s armor prevails
etched on hearts and frazzled nerves
As we mourn lives lost.

As we mourn all our fellow men/women who have lost their lives in acts of terror and violence around the world, let us find some comfort in Kipling’s advice and Hold On! Hold on to the path of peace, faith and goodwill towards our global family. Let’s hold on to ending all forms of terror and violence in our world.

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. Check out how others interpreted the theme – NERVE

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: NERVE: Write a new post in response to today’s one-word prompt. Not sure how to participate? Here are the steps to get started.

Positive Motivation Tip:  May our hearts, voices and actions be used in the support of the path to peaceful coexistence on this planet. Hold on!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos via Pixabay or from my Personal Collection

1. joyroses13 permalink
    23/03/2016 3:04 pm

Well said, well said!!

2. Masshole Mommy permalink
    23/03/2016 3:18 pm

When I think of nerve, the first thing that comes to mind is my last one. I get annoyed way too easily.

3. Liz Mays permalink
    23/03/2016 4:17 pm

I love these haiku. We have to remember not to let anger or grief make our decisions for us in times like these. Time after time it’s shown to create more tragedy.

4. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    23/03/2016 4:22 pm

Instead of focusing on the negative, the violence and the awful things happening not just in Belgium, but numerous places across the world, I choose to keep my mind free from all that negativity. I prefer to focus on the wonders of humanity, the good and the kind.

5. bearsi permalink
    23/03/2016 5:28 pm

Love your post! Always something to make everyone think 🙂 Marie

6. MapleMouseMama permalink
    23/03/2016 6:58 pm

The turmoil that the world faces is just devastating! It is horrible to think of the loss suffered by so many. God be with Brussels and her people.

7. mskathykenny permalink
    23/03/2016 9:02 pm

Acts of terror are always something that breaks heart but I wish people would pay attention to acts of terror all over the world. Its happening daily.

8. Melisa permalink
    23/03/2016 9:24 pm

That was beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. It gives a lot to think about, it brings up a lot of emotions.

9. asbestrecipes permalink
    23/03/2016 9:49 pm

You alwasy have very interesting point o view and the Haiku looks pretty cool too

10. hautebeautyguide permalink
    23/03/2016 11:22 pm

Your words and your pictures are beautiful… as always. So inspiring!

11. Mommy Roxi (@MommyRoxi) permalink
    23/03/2016 11:46 pm

I agree that we should do our small parts in making the world a slightly better place to live in day by day. Making world peace happen seems like a long shot, but if you just be kinder, nicer, and helpful to others around you, changes, no matter how little they may be, will happen.

12. 23/03/2016 11:54 pm

Very vivid haiku Eliz, these are sad times.

13. Euge Nia permalink
    24/03/2016 4:34 am

Love these quotes and this part “May our hearts, voices and actions be used in the support of the path to peaceful coexistence on this planet.” Well-said !I pray that all the world may find peace.

14. jmanandmillerbug permalink
    24/03/2016 5:42 am

I think that we all could use a little more nerve sometimes. Sometimes it is hard to tell people your opinion, but sometimes you need to anyway.

15. travel blogger permalink
    24/03/2016 6:05 am

So true – it is so hard to see all the violence and find hope, but it is important to continue forward with love in hearts and a goal of peace.

16. Aziel Morte permalink
    24/03/2016 6:32 am

What a great post, I want to have a peaceful mind for now

17. Girl, Unspotted permalink
    24/03/2016 7:27 am

The recent attack in Belgium is horrifying, although it happens, a lot more than most people know, in other countries. Hate is such a frightening thing.

18. heidi williams permalink
    24/03/2016 7:57 am

Very inspiring and made me feel peaceful. Thanks for sharing this

19. JessicaACassidy (@wifetoalineman) permalink
    24/03/2016 8:17 am

I super LOVED the hearts in orange the most.

• 24/03/2016 1:30 pm

I went back and took another look to make sure… They are not hearts but blood cells. I’m glad you saw hearts in them… beautiful! ❤

20. Brenda @DailyMayo permalink
    24/03/2016 8:21 am

I love your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

21. Nicole Haas Etolen permalink
    24/03/2016 8:42 am

Worth reading the Haiku. Love the message of it. Thanks for sharing

22. 3sonshavei permalink
    24/03/2016 9:35 am

What a great word to start an inspirational post and quotes that go well.

23. Laurie permalink
    24/03/2016 10:20 am

So many acts of terror makes me scared of what the future holds for my children.

24. Izabela permalink
    24/03/2016 10:31 am

I’m deeply saddened to see what’s happening around the world. I wish some people would realize that violence is not a good solution to problems.

25. Amy Jones permalink
    24/03/2016 10:35 am

I love how short and cryptic haikus can be, thanks for sharing these!

26. Sunshine Kelly permalink
    24/03/2016 11:11 am

If there is a little space for love and sympathy in every heart, the world will be a better place. Peace and no war, love and no hate.

27. amanda permalink
    24/03/2016 11:19 am

I wish I was talented enough to write poetry. Great job.

28. EBL Food Allergies permalink
    24/03/2016 11:26 am

Beautifully written poem to such a tragic act of violence.

29. Karina - My Letters of Transit permalink
    24/03/2016 12:43 pm

What fantastic writing! I loved your poem, very moving and so appropriate given the recent acts of terror. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing interpretation of the theme!

30. Shaylee Field permalink
    24/03/2016 12:45 pm

What a heartfelt and inspiring poem. With the recent events this is so true that we must keep our faith in peace.

31. Melissa Bernardo permalink
    24/03/2016 1:19 pm

I love reading what you write! It is all so inspiring 🙂

32. Sylvia Jules Kal permalink
    24/03/2016 1:48 pm

You know Dr Who is not real but the message is. Terror exists because humanity has given in to all kinds of fears perpetuating Terror as a new way to spread fear. If we as one voice refuse to be intimidated, refuse to be afraid and refuse to give in to their demands. The world will be a better place. Yes we must have the NERVES to do this, and many people’s nerves are frayed for the pain they have been put through and atrocities they have seen. May Light, Joy and Peace prevail.

Julie Syl Kalungi

33. Fashionable Librarian permalink
    24/03/2016 3:07 pm

Honestly, I just want to get in bed and pull the covers over my head. This is just too much, when is it going to end?

34. LifeAsAConvert permalink
    24/03/2016 3:47 pm

Wow. Love the poem and such a timely piece.

35. fivemarigolds permalink
    24/03/2016 5:05 pm

The darkness all around us is heartbreaking. What I “hold on” to is faith, and the enormous outpouring of love amid such horrible acts.

36. Traveling Blogger permalink
    24/03/2016 6:04 pm

So very moving. I have been thinking about the recent events a lot, and how I will explain them to my son. I hope more than anything that I can be courageous enough to show him through my actions that we must stand up and work together to achieve peace and support humanity with acts of kindness not violence.

37. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    24/03/2016 8:01 pm

Praying for the world. May we, in our lifetime, witness peace, mutual respect and understanding across all nations and religions.

38. Michelle Gwynn Jones permalink
    24/03/2016 9:02 pm

That was really deep, very emotional and thought provoking.

39. momknowsbest15 permalink
    24/03/2016 9:14 pm

Why do acts of terrors have to happen. I worry about all this hatred in the world.

40. Sheri Ann Richerson permalink
    24/03/2016 9:19 pm

Thank you for writing about this. Terror is so horrible – and unnecessary. I just wish people would get along.

41. Ashley (@AshleyKristineM) permalink
    24/03/2016 9:39 pm

Awesome message! You’re very talented.

42. Jojo Vito permalink
    25/03/2016 12:57 am

thank you for this post..indeed, terror abounds and this must be put to an end

43. Fred Hawson (@3xhcch) permalink
    25/03/2016 1:31 am

Beautiful haunting words about another sad and needless event. You have picked some simple yet powerful words to convey the hurt as well as yearn for peace.

44. Terri Ramsey Beavers permalink
    25/03/2016 3:44 am

I don’t know how anyone can justify acts of terrorism. It’s horrible for those it affects and the country as a whole.

45. Idaintyit permalink
    25/03/2016 4:04 am

There’s so many attacks going in around the world at the moment it’s awful, why can’t we just live in harmony?! I agree with you, we all need to speak up

46. Sage permalink
    25/03/2016 4:28 am

Beautiful words, and beautiful images, thanks for sharing them.

47. Parpar de Real permalink
    25/03/2016 4:58 am

Such a great poem, thanks for writing it so well.

48. Franc Ramon permalink
    25/03/2016 5:04 am

It’s really sad that there are so many acts of terrors lately. I hope the world would put a premium on peace and unity.

49. Bhushavali permalink
    25/03/2016 7:53 am

I am also just depressed at the attacks! I hope to see a world with no terrorists or terrorism soon…

50. Tonia Sanders™ (@TheChattyMomma) permalink
    25/03/2016 8:12 am

The world is in a bad place right now and we definitely need healing. I hope things will turn around really soon.

51. BluKatDesign permalink
    25/03/2016 8:39 am

So sad, soon these things will be happening more in the US if we don’t wake up & screen people coming to our country better!

52. shubhadabhide permalink
    25/03/2016 9:53 am

We all need to stand united and try our best to maintain peace and humanity. Especially as a parent, we have to ensure that kids make this world better. Those Haikus are so short yet so so meaningful..

53. 25/03/2016 10:00 am

Holding on to love and peace is the only way forward, because truly, nothing good lies in hate. Very poignant and hopeful poem.

54. Sheryl of Georyl.Com permalink
    25/03/2016 10:43 am

I can’t imagine what kind of people would think of deliberately harming and killing others. They’ve clearly lost their humanity.

55. Chubskulit Rose permalink
    25/03/2016 11:03 am

With the airport bombing in Brussels Belgium makes me sa scared. I really pray that we copuld find peace amidst these things.

56. MryJhnsn (@mryjhnsn) permalink
    25/03/2016 11:43 am

Love your line that screams “rent the air.” How appropriate since the hope that it will be temporary is so important to healing.

57. Ana Fernandez permalink
    25/03/2016 12:25 pm

Cant believe after many wars we have gone through we havent achieve peaceful coexistence on this planet. We only have one. We have to live and let others live too

58. tp keane permalink
    25/03/2016 12:39 pm

The world has always been in turmoil, but now it seems the maelstrom is an excuse for inhumane acts against the innocent. A cowards war.

59. Christina Aliperti permalink
    25/03/2016 1:10 pm

One thing I can always count on is your blog making me think. You make me go deeper into how I look at and feel about things.

60. Stephanie Pass permalink
    25/03/2016 2:03 pm

Great post! I just don’t understand why people want to terrorize others. It solves nothing.

61. Anamika Ojha permalink
    25/03/2016 2:38 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Beautiful piece of writing and I loved your poem. You have crafted your emotions beautifully. Thanks for sharing this post with us.

Have a great weekend!

62. suchi permalink
    25/03/2016 4:50 pm

fantastic writing! peaceful co-existence is what we all crave for in today’s scenario!

63. R U S S permalink
    25/03/2016 5:18 pm

Peace may sound like a tough thing to do but only if people took heart and everyone cooperated, it could be achieved. The world should start being united …

64. Fashion Travels (@tauyanm) permalink
    26/03/2016 8:28 am

very inspiring. indeed we need to hold on to peace and faith with all the not so nice things happening in our world today

65. Tonya Blackstone-Coleman permalink
    26/03/2016 8:33 am

I pray for peace! Thanks for sharing this.

66. Lisa Rios permalink
    26/03/2016 11:13 am

Such a beautiful quote from Christopher Morley to start with & I agree the recent terror attacks is absolutely shocking that we all have live with a fear about how our next generation is going to handle it. After all Violence can never bring a solution.

67. Nova permalink
    26/03/2016 3:07 pm

This is wonderful information to learn, especially to someone like me who barely knows any thing about people’s heart.

68. Yona Williams permalink
    26/03/2016 3:36 pm

The recent act of terror in Brussels is so sad and senseless. And to think, there are so many others around the world that do not get the same attention.

• 27/03/2016 12:13 am

That is true and that’s why my post referred to this as a global problem with other incidents of terror around the globe. Very sad! 😦

69. The *New* Classy (@TheNewClassy) permalink
    26/03/2016 6:28 pm

It’s always best to chill a little and never let anger lead us. If possible.

70. 26/03/2016 6:43 pm

The recent events have been unfathomable, but these are beautiful words.

71. Maria Teresa Figuerres permalink
    26/03/2016 6:55 pm

One day, all nations will unite and help one another achieve world peace. One day, no child will have to suffer the atrocities of war. And one day, we will all live in a world full of love and peace and harmony. I hope that day will happen soon.

72. mythirtyspot permalink
    26/03/2016 11:43 pm

I love this. I am always trying to make sure negativity is not filling my life.

73. Shaylee Field permalink
    30/03/2016 8:31 am

Wow this is so powerful and has amazing imagery. Hopefully one day soon, the world will be at peace and we can all stop living with negativity.