On Love: Valentine’s Day Wishes…

28/01/2015

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” Robert Frost

On Love: Valentine’s Day Wishes…

On Love: Valentine’s Day Wishes… _ Waiting for Love

As we wrap up the month of January, and head for the romantic month of February, Valentine’s Day is on many minds. Whether you plan to celebrate it or not, it can’t hurt to learn a bit about its origins. Love is an every day affair. We can celebrate it today, tomorrow and on that day. Have a wonderful and productive day!

“Poetry spills from the cracks of a broken heart, but flows from one which is loved.” Christopher Paul Rubero

The Rising Sun by Imran Anwar via Flickr

“May the sun bring you new energy by day…” excerpt from an Apache Blessing

Given the chance, most of us would love our most intimate relationships to be deeply affectionate and last forever and ever and… well, you know, for eternity. The fact is that passion wanes when reality sets in and we all need romantic reminders with a bit of positive kismet mixed in; this is why the yearly romantic ritual of celebrating Valentine’s Day fits the bill.
On February 14th, in countries around the world, lovers coo words of affection to each other in honor of Valentine’s Day. According to historical sources, this popular love-fest is held in remembrance of possibly three (3) martyred Saints named Valentine; a priest, a…

View original post 737 more words

1. 28/01/2015 12:09 pm

Christmas followed by valentine’s day, both times to truly love and cherish the one closest to us eh 🙂

2. 28/01/2015 12:14 pm

My big joy on Valentine’s Day, these days, is mailing the grandchildren Valentine’s Day cards. Kids love getting mail. However, I must offer my congratulations to all of you lucky souls out there who have found your soul mate . Enjoy your day together! 🙂

3. Masshole Mommy permalink
    28/01/2015 3:02 pm

My husband and I actually don;t celebrate Valentine’s Day. We choose to show each other that we love each other all year long.

4. Kelly Hutchinson permalink
    28/01/2015 3:42 pm

We do not do a lot of celebrating on Valentine’s Day. We mostly stay home and make a nice meal.

5. Liz Mays permalink
    28/01/2015 4:53 pm

I’m going to make sure I have a great Valentine’s Day. I’m really looking forward to it this year.

6. LIsa permalink
    28/01/2015 5:05 pm

Love that first picture. Especially since its is about 30 degrees here!

7. ninasaysblog permalink
    28/01/2015 5:38 pm

Romantic reminders are so important. It is so incredibly important to take the time to show your loved one how much you care.

8. 28/01/2015 7:17 pm

That first quote is so precise!!! Everyone innately wants to be loved and also love! Not many people get a chance to experience something so great 😉

9. Carly Anderson (@lipglosscrayons) permalink
    28/01/2015 9:11 pm

Love the quotes!

10. 28/01/2015 9:35 pm

Ah I’m excited for Valentines Day. We don’t really have a tradition, but we might go out for ice cream or something 🙂

11. Mystic_Kitchen permalink
    28/01/2015 9:42 pm

Beautiful post! My Hubby & best friend is my Valentine.. We’ve been together since High School! Thanks for sharing…

12. 28/01/2015 9:48 pm

Oh goodness! I am so pressured to plan our special V-day celebration. Can’t believe it’s creeping up in 2 weeks! Thanks for sharing your post. It was a terrific reminder for me!

13. 28/01/2015 9:53 pm

Hubby and I sometimes don’t even exchange Valentine’s Day gifts. Crazy, right? I don’t mind though, and I don’t think he does. Still and the same a little extra romance is nice sometimes. 🙂

• 28/01/2015 10:24 pm

I know the story well. We get busy with the demands of running a household that some of these occasions carry less weight.
      Love is an every day affair so I get your decision. 🙂

14. Lauren permalink
    29/01/2015 2:52 am

I love Valentine’s day! It’s the greatest day to show your love for everyone around you! Thanks for sharing!

15. crysta911 permalink
    29/01/2015 4:37 am

Yes, very true. You have to make time for your relationships.

16. wpeverythingmomandbaby permalink
    29/01/2015 5:40 am

We don’t really do anything, lol

17. rochkirstin permalink
    29/01/2015 6:27 am

It’s not only good poetry that goes out from a broken heart but also good love songs–sad songs to be exact. Love can inspire a lot of things. It can be sadness and it can also be happiness.

18. Ask Coach Donna permalink
    29/01/2015 6:33 am

Nice reminders of how we cherish each other – my hubby is always great about giving beautiful cards and some gift of love – thank you for your nice post

19. sojourner permalink
    29/01/2015 7:23 am

I’ve always enjoyed Valentine’s Day, it’s like New Years Eve and Thanksgiving for a relationship.

20. 29/01/2015 8:37 am

Everyday is Valentine’s Day around here. 🙂 But on Valentine’s Day itself, we make it extra-special. And hubby and I don’t only give each other presents, we give the little one his share too. Getting chocolates always delights him. 🙂

21. 29/01/2015 8:53 am

What a gorgeous view! We are romantic every day, we tend to be a bit mushy. LOL.

22. 29/01/2015 9:35 am

I have two boys born on valentine’s day and so the romance is more made up of labour flashbacks, haha! I love that quote by Frost though, so true.

23. Megan Elford permalink
    29/01/2015 10:19 am

We don’t really make a huge deal of Valentine’s Day, but I do love the idea of having a day to celebrate one another and to show appreciation for the people you love. We get wrapped up in the day to day, and Valentine’s is a wonderful chance to remember the more important things in life 🙂

24. 29/01/2015 10:40 am

I love Valentine’s Day for the crafts! It’s fun to have the kids make something they feel expresses their love!

25. 29/01/2015 11:32 am

Lovely! I especially love your Robert Frost quote.

26. Kendall Rayburn (@KendallRayburn) permalink
    29/01/2015 2:15 pm

What a sweet post! I love Robert Frost!

27. 29/01/2015 5:04 pm

I love the Christopher Paul Rubero ‘Poetry spills’ quote featured here, it really made me reflect a moment on the meaning.

28. 29/01/2015 5:09 pm

That view looks so peaceful. I would love to read a book there.

29. maggiesblog2 permalink
    29/01/2015 7:49 pm

I love Valentine’s Day! Even when I was single my daddy would always bring me a box of chocolate!

30. Dhemz permalink
    29/01/2015 8:05 pm

what a romantic spot to celebrate the hearts day!

31. mythirtyspot permalink
    29/01/2015 10:57 pm

Great reminders about the need for love and valuing V-day. Great post!

32. anita (ashlee) permalink
    30/01/2015 3:11 am

I don’t celebrate Valentines day much (especially since I’m single now) but in the past it has been very simple gestures like a box of chocolate.

33. debbiejeancrochet permalink
    30/01/2015 5:36 am

Very nice words! I am so excited for valentines day this year – my husband and I are going to the spa – after having a baby this year I am soo ready for some alone time with him.

34. Linda Manns Linneman permalink
    30/01/2015 7:51 am

Thank you for sharing this. I have been alone for about nine years now. I am with family but I have no one close and intimate. I really do miss this. I just found it so difficult to be in my last relationship because of drinking. He was a wonderful man but got drunk every night. Thank you for sharing this God Bless you all

• 30/01/2015 5:43 pm

Thank you for sharing so honestly and openly. It’s not easy to bounce back after a challenging relationship. Time and prayer will heal us all. ❤

35. barbara langley permalink
    30/01/2015 9:28 am

We should show those we love, how much we love them everyday. The price of love is free. If single, there is always children, siblings or parents. No one has to feel alone. Wonderful post. Thank you!

36. Sridhar Sri permalink
    31/01/2015 7:09 am

Love is all what everyone need and really nice post.

37. Bradley Finnearty permalink
    31/01/2015 7:41 am

Although we try to give something small for Valentines day, we actually try to keep the feeling alive all year long.

38. pumpkinsfan76 permalink
    31/01/2015 6:49 pm

Oh my goodness the poetry quote really gets me. It is so true and I wish people were kinder to each other.

39. 04/02/2015 2:22 pm

We do celebrate the holiday. With two small children we will take any opportunity to have a date night!

40. Linda Manns Linneman permalink
    07/02/2015 8:39 am

I do wish I had an intimate someone to share Valentines Day and every other day with but it just didn’t work out for me. I do enjoy Valentines Day with my family though. Have a great one

41. 09/02/2015 8:30 pm

Valentines is not that big with us since everyday is as sweet as ever! But we love doing some arts and crafts activities with the kids 🙂 and a dinner someplace sweet 🙂