Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life…

14/09/2012

“The most instructive experiences are those of everyday life.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Off to the Street Market and a stroll with friends.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Stop in the middle of the market to chat with a friend; they listen, we ramble… or vise versa

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Check out the wares at the porcelain table; to buy or not to buy – that is the question.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Listen to a merchant share the finer points on making Nordic Crepes in NY

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Stop a passerby on the street to ask for directions… We all get lost in NY sometimes. 😉

Our guest host, Jon without an H, has invited us to contribute shots that show people “working, eating, drinking, chatting, dreaming, walking, exercising, or any of those things we do all the time without really thinking about it.” No matter what we end up doing during a typical day, it all begins with our first step out the door… heading for the streets, as it were. The first three pictures above were taken on an early morning stroll through a market in France.

“Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life, and share the same happiness with people.” Kahlil Gibran

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… With our bearings intact, check out Farmer Steve’s fruits and vegetables. He has the best fruits at the market in Woodstock

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Chat with old friends as you consider buying a t-shirt; Yam or Tomato?

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Head off to Zaro’s to buy the best Challah bread in all of NYC

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Head back to the market to enjoy some grilled foods from Javier and his team

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Stop by your local health food store for recommendations on vitamins and nutritional tips.

So much happens on the streets and indoors that it was quite a challenge to pare down what to add here. I usually add a wide range of shots to share different perspectives on a post; also because I don’t want to leave a fun or interesting shot out. Are you one of those who loves to look at other people’s photo albums? I can spend hours looking through albums and still enjoy every minute of it. So, please forgive my endless shots.

“An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer.” Sarah Ban Breathnach

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… With all that foraging and feasting, don’t forget exercise for our everyday life energy flow – a hula hoop will do

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Biking uphill and a bit of spinning would do.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… A fast paced walk or casual stroll with friends would be great too.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… If you need more exercise on your daily outings, take the stairs… work it out!

I pulled a few photos together and noticed that a bit more are on work life… as in farmers market related clips. I’ve added some information to explain the sequence of shots and add some thoughts on everyday life. Enjoy them and I’ll be by later to enjoy your contributions to the challenge. There are some more below, so do continue and have a great weekend. Thank you! More below!

“To be really great in little things, to be truly noble and heroic in the insipid details of everyday life, is a virtue so rare as to be worthy of canonization.” Harriet Beecher Stowe

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Hop on the Metro-North train to unwind… before or after work and on your market trip

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Take a meditation/prayer break at Trinity Church before heading home

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… If brave enough, take a nap/snooze on a public bench

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… Better yet, chill out on a colorful Adirondack chair

Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life… At the end of the day, join friends and family for a lovely meal. Bon appetite!

If you spend enough time outdoors, you’d invariably come across someone doing something off-putting (spitting on the street is one), or someone in need of help. With patience and tolerance, we can make our daily outings a drama-free event. Do treat others kindly and remember this quote: “No human trait deserves less tolerance in everyday life, and gets less, than intolerance” Giacomo Leopardi I’ll stop by later, as always, to check out your contributions.

Have an awesome weekend! 😉 Thank you for stopping by! What are your thoughts? What photos did you share on Everyday Life to fit the challenge? Was it easy/hard to find photos that supported your perspective on the subject? Were you drawn to certain types of photos for the prompt? Do share? Thank you! 🙂 😉

*Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience! 🙂

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. I listed several via Zemanta & WP Daily Post below. (I will update it and add more). We all appreciate trackbacks/ping-backs and Likes from fellow bloggers too! Check out how others interpreted the theme – Everyday Life – also below. ***

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life. This week’s photo challenge is guest hosted by Jon Sanwell of Without an H. Read on for more about this week’s theme and his photography tips! Everyday Life. This challenge is all about people and the things they do every day: working, eating, drinking, chatting, dreaming, walking, exercising, or any of those things we do all the time without really thinking about it. Take a walk around your neighborhood, or around the streets where you work or study, and take a look at the people you see. Share a photo that means – EVERYDAY LIFE – to you!

Positive Motivation Tip: Every day, life offers us an opportunity to embrace all the good it sends our way… to say yes to life! Have an abundant day!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. 15/09/2012 4:14 am

Spectacular post – I love the everyday – love it! Your rendition of it is so beautiful.

• 15/09/2012 8:24 pm

TY Julie! You spoil me…. Some of the shots are fuzzy and taken in way too much bright light but I’m a student photographer, and learning everyday what I need to do to improve. I thank you! 🙂

2. 15/09/2012 4:51 am

Like you I enjoy looking at people’s albums. It is interesting to see how they have changed over the years – and to see the places they have gone.
    From this series of photos I enjoyed the ones of those taking a nap.

• 15/09/2012 8:59 pm

Interesting choice Colline! I suspect after all that gallivanting, a nap/rest is in order. TY for your feedback! 🙂

3. 15/09/2012 4:54 am

A wonderful series and I like your accompanying quotations musing on everyday life! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

• 15/09/2012 9:00 pm

TY for checking in Rutheh! Glad you enjoyed my photos. Loved yours too. 😉

4. 15/09/2012 5:30 am

Wonderful series of everyday life. Thank you for the pingback and listing my blog.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

5. 15/09/2012 5:48 am

Wow! Amazing post! Felt like watching a video when i went through the pictures and your descriptions…Great compilation! Every time photo challenges turns out to be a story challenge when it comes to your blog!

• 15/09/2012 9:03 pm

Ty Shibin! 😆 Hope I can keep up with the stories too… They are quite a challenge for me, and I truly admire bloggers who can pick one shot and be done with it… 🙂

6. 15/09/2012 7:47 am

Amazing post and a great work which well done and so wonderful shots… 😉

• 15/09/2012 9:04 pm

TY for your kind words… Hopefully, my photos will improve in clarity over time. 🙂

7. 15/09/2012 9:23 am

instead of hula hoop I usually prefer a snooze (following the ideas of my cat: mostly in sunshine places)

• 15/09/2012 9:05 pm

TY! Ah, so you are the guy on the bench, snoozing in public?! 😆

8. 15/09/2012 9:31 am

Everydays is A GIFT, A BLESSING, A FUTURE WITH HOPE!
    Another great post, amazing photos of a colorful life.

9. 15/09/2012 10:56 am

your caption that included “a t-shirt, tomato, or yam?” was such a perfect description of every day life in a street market…and everyday life in general, as people go around making decisions big and small.
    Your posts are always well thought out and full of life-lessons, but this one especially so. 🙂
    Great stuff!

• 15/09/2012 9:07 pm

TY and I was thoroughly amused when I saw the t-shirts too. So apropos. 😉

10. 15/09/2012 11:21 am

They are very good place to walk around and fun to take photos. 🙂

11. 15/09/2012 11:32 am

Love this post, and your photos are great, especially the hula hoop lady. 🙂

• 15/09/2012 9:12 pm

TY for the comment and glad to see you back here again…. I assume the blog bug/culprit was caught? 🙂 Yes, the hula hoop lady wins the day. She’s a terrific doctor too. 😉

12. 15/09/2012 2:12 pm

what a great series…I love the hula hoop lady

• 15/09/2012 9:13 pm

TY Jo! I enjoyed watching her dance to the hoop for a long chunk of time. 🙂

13. 15/09/2012 9:18 pm

You picked some great shots to convey everyday life – great job! It’s a lot of work to pick those all out (I speak from experience!).

Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I’ve enjoyed poking around yours – you have some great stuff here.

Nancy

• 15/09/2012 10:13 pm

TY Nancy for the vote of confidence! I enjoy the process so the time simply flies by…yes, it is work and I appreciate your generous feedback. 🙂

14. 15/09/2012 9:27 pm

Say yes to life and embrace it every day. I love the message here. I love how you captured the busyness of our days. Wonderful quotes too.

• 15/09/2012 10:03 pm

TY Angelia! I appreciate your feedback and agree that even though life is busy, we must say Yes to it! 🙂

15. 15/09/2012 10:13 pm

Music to my eyes – thanks for the market shots 🙂

16. 15/09/2012 11:33 pm

Fun selection, enjoyed your trip to the market.

• 16/09/2012 1:22 am

Thank you dear one… Those markets are a treasure trove of great experiences… 🙂

17. 15/09/2012 11:35 pm

All great photos – but I could smell the bagels when I saw that pic from Zaro’s! I will make sure to find it next time I am in NYC!

• 16/09/2012 12:23 am

Oh yes the bagels are great too. Do check in and say hello. This shot is of the Zaro’s at Grand Central Station. 🙂

18. 16/09/2012 2:34 am

Hello, I just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. I do hope you accept the nomination; check my blog for the requirements and regulations that come along 😉 Chris

• 16/09/2012 2:48 am

TY Chris and congrats on your award. I appreciate being included and accept with joy! Will write a post by end of year and will include this too. TY! 🙂

19. 16/09/2012 4:51 am

Love it all! A celebration of the fun and surprises of everday life. I enjoyed going through each picture like I was there myself. The people, the market wares, the excitement. Thanks.

20. 16/09/2012 5:31 am

Excellent choices of images my friend for this week topic everyday life .

21. 16/09/2012 5:43 am

Cool shots Eliz! Love the doctors Indian outfit 🙂

• 16/09/2012 6:23 am

TY Madhu! She is an excellent hula hooper if a word like that exists… and can spin it for long periods of time. TY for your feedback! 🙂

22. 16/09/2012 6:14 am

Hi Elizabeth:
    Yes, I did my link and I signed up to follow you. Strange that it didn’t come through. Here’s my link again. tracycampbell.net/blog
    You would have received it as well when you signed up to follow.
    Blog sphere technology can be a strange place. 🙂

• 16/09/2012 6:19 am

Thank you Tracy! I got it now. I wish you the best on your new site and keep on blogging. Thanks for the visit and comment.

23. 16/09/2012 6:48 am

I love these images of busy street life. You can almost feel the vibrabcy

• 16/09/2012 7:00 am

Good to hear that! I was trying to connect the activities to show the endless movement of life. TY! 🙂

24. 16/09/2012 7:15 am

You are innately a true observer on this earth Elizabeth. love it!
    b

• 16/09/2012 7:26 am

Girl, you are so kind… TY!!! 🙂 I need better glasses though. 😆

25. 16/09/2012 11:57 am

What a fantastic representation of everyday life in the city!

• 16/09/2012 12:11 pm

Thank you 3rdEyeMom! Every time I read your blog name I keep thinking of Left eye… Lisa Lopes. TY! 🙂

26. 16/09/2012 2:07 pm

Great post, loved every single picture. However, the hula hoop one is my favourite one, hands down! Thanks for sharing! G 🙂

27. 16/09/2012 3:03 pm

Looks like a nice place to go to.

28. 16/09/2012 3:20 pm

What a great set of photographs. I love French markets, they’re so different from the ones we have here in the UK. I’ve never been to NY, it’s on my list, maybe one day

29. 16/09/2012 4:28 pm

I love to see those pictures.
    I’ve never been to another country, so it’s so interesting to see ‘everyday life’ of other countries through some pictures 🙂

30. 16/09/2012 5:43 pm

Fantastic photo essay made out of this week’s brief.

31. 16/09/2012 6:43 pm

what a lively collection. OK, some images were of people at rest, but juxtaposed with all the others, they were all enjoyable. the one that made me smile was the woman giving the hula hoop a workout. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

32. 16/09/2012 6:52 pm

Great series of photos and great post for the theme. Thank you for sharing 🙂

33. 16/09/2012 9:35 pm

I love the hula hooping woman and the napping person…what interesting activities to do right out in the open. Beautiful! Enjoyed your everyday images…:)

34. Bree permalink
    16/09/2012 11:03 pm

Awesome pictures of every day life. I had a blast looking at them. You are brave to take pictures of strangers on the street. This was so much entertainment!
    B

35. 17/09/2012 12:49 am

Excellent selection of street photos – enjoyed your commentary too 🙂

36. 17/09/2012 4:22 am

Eliz,
    You’ve got some really great ones here. I love the market photos, as well as the hula hoop and sleeping person.

37. 17/09/2012 4:55 am

cool glimpse into the daily life 🙂

38. 17/09/2012 8:23 am

I honestly think this may be one of my recent favorites! I love to celebrate the ordinary. I consider an ordinary day with “ordinary” activities just a wonderful celebration of life uninterrupted. We really would be better off to celebrate like this all the time! 🙂

39. 17/09/2012 11:31 am

A handful of fun and interesting pictures from the street. Seems like you enjoy street photography. Great quotes, too.

40. 17/09/2012 12:41 pm

Mirth and Motivation is an inspiration to me and so I have given you the ” Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Laughter is the best medicine for all that ails anyone.
    This award was given to me and I am passing it on to those that inspire me also. Thank you for motivating me. http://wp.me/p1viVP-Z5

• 17/09/2012 9:11 pm

Oh Mezza! You are soo kind! Will stop by your blog to thank you. 😉

41. 17/09/2012 12:47 pm

What a wonderful collage of everyday life!

• 17/09/2012 9:10 pm

TY Lisa… There is so much going on on the street. I’m glad to try out street photography. 🙂

42. 18/09/2012 5:03 am

Truly everyday. Well done

43. 18/09/2012 5:06 am

Nice shots! I love the open market, it’s like the heart of every city!

44. 18/09/2012 8:19 pm

Very beautiful collection. The market, the street, the train, park. Love it. Make me think I am there. Good job.
    I choose the local health store picture for the best. It just, unorthodox.

Oh yeah, my share this week is about Indonesian traditional cloth : batik. Hope you can have a look at it sometime.

45. 21/09/2012 2:35 pm

Your entry certainly talks to me! Wonderful on- the- spot pictures where you have caught people in the act…of doing something special out in the open. Lovely and inspiring.

• 21/09/2012 2:37 pm

TY for your feedback! I appreciate it. I love looking at how people present their vision of the challenge always fun for me too.

46. 21/09/2012 5:15 pm

mmmm its breakfast time here, i could go some nordic crepes, yum! ahhh ny one day….

47. 24/09/2012 7:11 am

Excellent examples of everyday life! Great post!

48. Kana Tyler permalink
    24/09/2012 10:28 pm

Fabulous photos! :

• 25/09/2012 10:21 pm

TY Kana! Finally catching up after a busy week; courses & workshops all week long. Phew! 🙂

1. Weekly Photo Challenge – Everyday Life | Alastair's Blog
  2. Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life | Even A Girl Like Me
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life – Making Groceries | Humbled Pie
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge – Everyday Life | Just Snaps
  5. The Weekly Challenge: Everyday Life – Elderly Advice « What's (in) the picture?
  6. Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life « The Kindness Kronicles
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life « Authentic Photography
  8. The Weekly Challenge: Everyday Life part 2 – Car Boot Sale In Normandy « What's (in) the picture?
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life « Imperfect Happiness
  10. Weekly Photo Challenge: EVERYDAY LIFE (Water of Life) « A drifter off to see the world

Kindly leave a meaningful comment. "Thanks for sharing" is NOT meaningful. Thank You!