Haiku: Revelation & Creation…

16/09/2012

“The highest revelation is that God is in every man.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Haiku: Revelation & Creation… On the Path

“Two are better than one…if either of them falls down, one can help the other up…” Ecclesiastes 4:9–10

Hands joined together
lifting men to mountain tops
A revelation…

How often do we applaud or lend a hand or caring shoulder to a friend? Every day, I receive Today’s Word from Joel Osteen‘s site. It is an inspirational and uplifting way to start the day. Joel offers a thought about some aspect of life, and then a closing prayer. This week, he is focused on encouraging us to lift each other up; to see the greatness in others and say it; and to encourage others to follow their dreams. “We all need somebody to believe in us more than we believe in ourselves. We all need people who will push us up, so to speak.”  Joel Osteen Who have you encouraged today?  More below!

“The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”  James A. Baldwin

Haiku: Revelation & Creation… A look, a touch.

“…God…calls those things which do not exist as though they did.” Romans 4:17

Watered plants do grow
Tiny Seed to giant tree
Sow, sow, seed greatness…

Joel also points out that an important way to help others achieve their dreams is to see and acknowledge “the potential in other people that they can’t see in themselves” and support and applaud their efforts or “call out the seeds of greatness in other people.” We do not operate or achieve our goals in a vacuum. We all need angels. Who can you encourage today?

What are your thoughts?  Do you take time to study others and understand them? Do you see and know what they’re good at? What are their gifts? What do they excel at?  Do you do same for yourself?  Do share! Thank you. 🙂

This post was inspired by a prompt from Haiku Heights: The September Heights

*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track with reading and responding to your blogs; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience! 🙂

Positive Motivation Tip: The revelations we learn about the value of appreciating others can lead us to create new ways of thinking and being…. Explore the edge!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos  Creation, via Wikipedia or my personal collection

1. 18/09/2012 7:29 pm

This is wonderful – thank you!

2. 18/09/2012 10:43 pm

Hands across the water hands across the sea

3. 19/09/2012 1:14 am

Great post, Elizabeth. Thanks for the positive motivation tip at the end. 🙂

• 20/09/2012 11:58 pm

TY for leaving a comment too. I’ve been away for a course and now have lots of catching up to do… Oy! 🙂

4. Sky permalink
    21/09/2012 2:10 am

what a great and inspirational blog. many wonderful posts and pictures. keep up the good work 🙂
    Cheers, Sky

5. Bree permalink
    21/09/2012 7:15 am

I like this one too and I see that joel has inspired your writings this week. I make it a duty to verbally encourage others every day. It can be as simple as a thank you or good job to others. Thank you!
    B

6. Bree permalink
    21/09/2012 7:18 am

I love the haiku too. The image of supoortive hands always makes me smile. We can all do more to support others.
    B

• 21/09/2012 8:17 pm

Hands are used like words for many things and we can all do our bit to use them positively. TY! 🙂

7. Bree permalink
    21/09/2012 7:22 am

By the way, where did you take that first picture? It is very calming and pulls you in. I really like it. 🙂
    B

• 21/09/2012 8:19 pm

I took it on my aqueduct walking path. It is one of the streets I walk by. I noticed the way the sun was reflecting off the trees and decided to take a few shots. TY! 🙂

8. 24/09/2012 5:13 am

Beautiful haiku, Elizabeth. And thanks for the link.

9. 28/09/2012 7:22 am

*Clap-Clap*…applause and more APPLAUSE to YOU, Elizabeth!! Great post and I love the first quote by Emerson…God is in man/everyone. 🙂

1. Haiku: Thank You… | Mirth and Motivation