Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset

04/01/2018

“The passion for stretching yourself and sticking to it, even (or especially) when it’s not going well, is the hallmark of the growth mindset. This is the mindset that allows people to thrive during some of the most challenging times in their lives.” Carol S. Dweck

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset Japanese Peony & Beefsteak Tomatoes

The person who does the work is the ONLY one who learns! Harry Wong
The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice. George Eliot
Our growth depends not on how many experiences we devour, but on how many we digest. Ralph W. Sockman

Growth is a life long experience/process and it is inevitable. Sometimes it is easy and, at other times, it is as hard as pulling teeth. Our mindset/mental attitude can help us or hinder our growth so we must be vigilant about our responses to the stimuli we receive. Like sunrise and sunset, we are in constant motion, and we either grow or we stagnate. When I think of examples of our growing process, I look to plant life as it is so easy to see how they thrive, strive and die each season… and then start the process all over again and again; they surrender to the process and reappear rejuvenated.
READ: Carol S. Dweck, Mindset: The New Psychology Of Success

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” Viktor E. Frankl

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. Napoleon Hill
Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong. N. R. Narayana Murthy
Mindset change is not about picking up a few pointers here and there. It’s about seeing things in a new way. When people…change to a growth mindset, they change from a judge-and-be-judged framework to a learn-and-help-learn framework. Their commitment is to growth, and growth take plenty of time, effort, and mutual support.

The daily actions that aid our growth happen like clockwork: Without the air we breathe and the rising sun that stimulates the internal clock of much of life, we would be gone in no time… Our mindset plays a big role in it all. We can go with the flow, and perform our tasks with purpose or we can hinder our growth, by resisting every opportunity to move forward with our daily lives.  Come back for more and enjoy the photos from my garden and yard. I will share more later.

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” Calvin Coolidge

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset - Japanese Peony & Beefsteak Tomatoes

Photo Challenge: A GROWTH Mindset – Japanese Peony & Beefsteak Tomatoes

Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization. Bo Bennett
Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together. James Cash Penney
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning. Benjamin Franklin

Gardening can be a great growth mindset stimulus: Gardening opens our minds and hearts to the very complex growth of all sorts of life forms; from slugs to seedlings, all manner of plant life, gardeners see how they struggle and thrive…  Such insight reminds us that the same complexities occur in human and wildlife too.  Our process might appear seemingly different yet, ultimately the same.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – GROWTH –   This week, evoke the excitement of entering a new year with a photo that shows growth.

Positive Motivation Tip:  Change your mindset, aid your growth

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. hal permalink
    04/01/2018 7:59 pm

all these images of growth & spring awakenings have me desperate to get out of this winter weather!

2. elishaff permalink
    04/01/2018 9:04 pm

I think this is the best mindset to have for the new year up ahead. We can learn and grow from, everything, right?

3. Aditi permalink
    07/01/2018 6:11 am

Great sentiments here. Growth and purpose are my buzzwords for this year and beyond! Happy new Year!

4. lavandamichelle permalink
    07/01/2018 9:20 am

I agree that resisting every opportunity to move forward can hinder our growth. Having a growth mindset is so freeing, nothing can stagnate you but self.We can accomplish so much with the right mindset. .I love your pictures.

5. 07/01/2018 12:38 pm

Hi Eliz,
    This post was so inspiring, and so true.
    Happy New Year!

6. Vasundhra permalink
    07/01/2018 2:37 pm

It is so important to have a mindset that supports constant effort. People with this mindset see every challenge as an opportunity to grow. I loved the example of plant life in this post!

7. Jake Smith permalink
    07/01/2018 8:35 pm

Growth is a life long experience/process and it is inevitable. This is so true. Some people have this stagnant deal/ stereotype of a perception of things, situation or of a person that they fail to realize growth is happening and change is constant.

8. Indu permalink
    08/01/2018 1:43 am

Your motivation tip, ‘Change your mindset, aid your growth’ signifies so well. This is all depends on my mindset how I carry myself in life.

9. Nguyen Minh permalink
    08/01/2018 2:07 am

I think this is the awakening of the new year of everything through your wonderful images. I always keep track of your posts, really inspiring.

10. Wiola permalink
    08/01/2018 2:39 am

Beautiful and inspiring article on the growth that’s happening but it’s not easy at all. I like how you compared our struggles to the seasonal growth of flowers that die at the wnd and the whole process starts again. „Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong” – this is so so true! Change is a good thing although it may not be that obviosu from the very start.

11. nbosken permalink
    08/01/2018 6:31 am

Our mind can help or hinder growth for sure. I’ve started daily meditations and they’ve helped me so far to be more mindful.

12. RonRon permalink
    08/01/2018 8:02 am

If you want growth, you have to move and work. Totally agree with everything you said in here.

13. karriefrost permalink
    08/01/2018 8:38 am

These inspirational words and pictures were just what I needed, while I’m stuck at home during a snow storm. Thank you

14. Bee permalink
    08/01/2018 10:18 am

All these photos of flowers and veggies really making me want to get out into my garden already. Can’t wait for the spring to make it’s appearance!

15. Cindy permalink
    08/01/2018 11:56 am

I love your comparison of us to sunrise and sunset. We are in constant motion. So true! Thanks for motivation and inspiration!

16. Aseky Bonnaire permalink
    08/01/2018 5:57 pm

I loved this!! This year is definitely about growth! Your post inspired me even more!!

17. Adaleta Avdic (@adaatude) permalink
    08/01/2018 8:29 pm

A growth mindset is key this time of year. I am certainly learning that myself.