Weekly Photo Challenge: TRANSITION

27/11/2015

“Light precedes every transition. Whether at the end of a tunnel, through a crack in the door or the flash of an idea, it is always there, heralding a new beginning.” Teresa Tsalaky, The Transition Witness

Weekly Photo Challenge: TRANSITION - Seasonal change from Spring, to Summer, to Autumn, to Winter

Weekly Photo Challenge: TRANSITION – Seasonal change from Spring, to Summer, to Autumn, to Winter

The interval between the decay of the old and the formation and establishment of the new constitutes a period of transition which must always necessarily be one of uncertainty, confusion, error, and wild and fierce fanaticism. John C. Calhoun
Transitions themselves are not the issue, but how well you respond to their challenges! Jim George
Step back in perspective, open your heart and welcome transition into a new phase of life. Linda Rawson

For this week’s Photo Challenge on TRANSITION, I went back to the familiar; the transitions we see in the changing seasons every year. I love nature and its cyclical shift of seasons. Each season brings about a period of transition from birth to death to rebirth and vise versa. It is very much like life… The order of my photo collage begins with Spring in Row 1, then Summer, Autumn/Fall and finally the cold, snowy days of winter. Yes, I live in a part of the world where we have clear and distinct seasonal changes and I’m very grateful for the transitions and all the changes that come with them. If you’ve been a reader of this blog, you know that the cold days of winter are not my favorite but, it does have its charm.  By the same token, we transition from childhood to teen years,  adulthood and finally  our Old age. Each season of life brings its gifts and challenges and all add meaning to our lives. What comes to mind when you think of Transition?

“Author says change emphasizes what is happening TO us while transition emphasizes opportunity for growth within.”  William Bridges, Managing Transitions

A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you’re in and take advantage of it. Nikki Giovanni
All humans change. Development is our life. Transition, in labor, is the most painful time. Without change, there’s no growth. Mimi Kennedy
I’ve always believed there are moments in our lives which can be defined as a transition between the before and after, between the cause and the effect. Benjamin X. Wretlind

How did the word – Transition – resonate with you? I enjoyed this challenge because it gave me an opportunity to share more of my nature shots. I spend time every day taking a few photos of things I see. I particularly derive joy from nature shots because they are close to the vein for me. Nature is a constant reminder of the grace and beauty we can choose to see in our troubled world. Nature reminds me that there is hope to be gained from the steady, consistent and constant shifts of season. In the cycle of life, change is imperative and we can go with the flow or resist it and stagnate. Transitions are not necessarily bad. Yes, they can be difficult but they are a fact of creation; all things live, die, rebirth and so we must learn to appreciate the present.   Stay Safe! Stay inspired. Have a Happy Weekend!

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. Check out how others interpreted the theme – Transition – below.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Transition  For this week’s challenge, share an image that depicts transition. Perhaps a photo of your little one’s first steps, as they transition from baby to toddler. A sunset scene, as your world passes from day to night, or waves kissing a shoreline, the space between land and sea. For this week’s challenge, share an image that depicts transition. Let life itself be your muse.

Positive Motivation Tip: Enjoy the pleasures of life in nature and go with the flow of transitional shifts.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos copyrighted and from my Personal Collection.

1. 27/11/2015 4:37 pm

Nature is always in transition. Great take on the topic!

2. patricemfoster permalink
    27/11/2015 5:35 pm

In life we go through many changes we learn to either accept or embrace the changes. Transitioning from childhood to teenage is a process in time nature takes its course. Transition to me meant allowing changes to take place in non-forcible form.

3. michelle permalink
    27/11/2015 6:40 pm

you always have the most beautiful pictures

4. Shann Eva permalink
    27/11/2015 7:54 pm

When I think of transition, I think more of life changes rather than seasonal ones. I think about my son starting school, when we went from 1 child to 3, and when I transitioned from school to the working world.

5. 27/11/2015 9:49 pm

Transition in nature and in life can be both difficult and easy. It is hard to let summer go for most but fall sure is one beautiful way to transition into winter.

6. Clo Nevaeh permalink
    27/11/2015 10:29 pm

These photos are so beautiful! I always love your weekly photo challenges. Something I always look forward too.

7. Jeni permalink
    27/11/2015 10:32 pm

How lovely. I especially love the hibiscus flower.

8. thedealmatchmaker permalink
    27/11/2015 11:39 pm

I also enjoy taking pictures of things I see everyday. I went to the beach today and took some great pictures, so peaceful

9. Stephanie Pass permalink
    27/11/2015 11:43 pm

When I think of transition, I think of change, and it’s not always bad and not always good. Right now my teenager is transitioning to get ready to leave for college. I know it’s exciting for her, but scary for me, too.

10. 28/11/2015 1:04 am

Like you I’m not a fan of winter but I appreciate watching its transition to spring!

11. Coupon Diva permalink
    28/11/2015 3:34 am

sometimes, change is harder to handle than we think

12. Giveaways4Mom permalink
    28/11/2015 3:35 am

I really love the photo especially the autum pics it makes me relax when i see that

13. Anne K permalink
    28/11/2015 4:02 am

Gorgeous photos… did you take all those yourself?
    The seasonal transitions is the perfect interpretation for the “transition” topic. Great post.

14. serenityyou permalink
    28/11/2015 4:06 am

beautiful photos. really love the red bird in the snow

15. Nicole Herose Cochingco Escat permalink
    28/11/2015 4:34 am

Wow, I love the way you compare Transition word to those photos. I love what you’ve said “Perhaps a photo of your little one’s first steps, as they transition from baby to toddler.”

16. Terri Ramsey Beavers permalink
    28/11/2015 5:02 am

I love your photo transition challenge. We completely skip fall around here, it goes from hot to cold and back to hot. I don’t get to see the changing tree leaves that others in other areas of the world get to experience.

17. 28/11/2015 5:45 am

When I think of transition, I always think of adjustments and a big change. I love your flower photos.

18. Jessica Beal Harlow permalink
    28/11/2015 6:13 am

You have captured some beautiful shots of nature! I love the cardinal picture the best! I spotted one just yesterday while walking the dog, but didn’t have enough time to click his photo! lol

19. Jeanine permalink
    28/11/2015 7:59 am

I have always had a hard time with transition. But its nice you chose seasons because that’s probably the only transitions I can deal with and not have a hard time.

20. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    28/11/2015 8:13 am

I am about to undergo a good transition – from being a parent to being a grandparent. I don’t know how I would fare as a grandparent, but here’s one thing I know – I will be the best grammie my grandson would ever have!

21. Onica {Mommy Factor} permalink
    28/11/2015 3:12 pm

Wow! amazing and great photo. Its relaxing when looking at this photos. Thanks for sharing.

22. Claudette Esterine permalink
    28/11/2015 5:42 pm

Transition is the word, my preferred word, that I use to speak of someone who has left this life into the unknown. Having been a hospital chaplain, I sat, sang, prayed and watched as several went through this beautiful moment. Namaste.

23. May De Jesus-Palacpac permalink
    28/11/2015 11:02 pm

Nature reminds me that there is hope to be gained from the steady, consistent and constant shifts of season. — Beautifully put! Yes, we experience many transitions in our lives. The Bible says that too, that our lives have seasons. And you’re right, they’re not necessarily bad, but each transition is an opportunity for us to grow. Love this blog!

24. Jojo Vito permalink
    29/11/2015 12:56 am

all of us in one way or the other will pass through a transition..in life, love, family…it’s part of life 🙂

25. R U S S permalink
    29/11/2015 3:46 am

Transition is usually not easy because it’s inevitable. I’ve had the chance to experience this more than once with my current company as we’ve changed management a lot in the last 5 years that I’m with them. It was difficult at first, but eventually, I learned to adapt. Transition has its pros and cons, but one should always make it work for him / her and learn from the life lessons that transition brings. It’s not too scary …

26. breezymama permalink
    29/11/2015 7:27 am

I love that you thought of nature for “transition”. Nature is constantly transitioning to something more beautiful and breathtaking, and your shots captured this perfectly.

27. stepmomsareus permalink
    29/11/2015 9:00 am

The pictures are really nice for the changes of the seasons. Nice job with the post too. I love summer and fall best.

28. Lisa Rios permalink
    29/11/2015 9:07 am

These are some beautiful pictures on transition that explains seasonal changes. My husband too spends a lot of time every day in taking photos particularly related to nature & he always used to compare the changes that happens during every season. I agree, Transitions can be difficult, but we all must go through it & appreciate the facts.

29. Eileen xo permalink
    29/11/2015 10:29 am

I love these photos! It is lovely to look at the seasons. I love the fall, but when I look at these pictures, I truly love every season

30. Ana De-Jesus permalink
    29/11/2015 12:37 pm

I always enjoy reading your weekly series and the photos that you select always instills a sense of calm in me as though I am performing metaphorical meditation.

31. Onica (MommyFactor) permalink
    29/11/2015 1:16 pm

The changing of seasons is an amazing time. Each season just lovely.

32. Claire'scomfycorner permalink
    29/11/2015 1:35 pm

Beautiful photos of an array of different coloured flowers 🙂 I love them x

33. angie permalink
    29/11/2015 1:47 pm

great collection I believe it meets the theme

29/11/2015 2:44 pm

Beautiful photographs as usual. You must really spend a lot of time in beautiful parks to capture such amazing nature shots year round. We will in an ever-changing world, we should always be ready for transitions.

35. Clo Nevaeh permalink
    29/11/2015 5:00 pm

Beautiful flowers. I love the color sequence!

36. Kai permalink
    29/11/2015 5:24 pm

You always have the most perfect quotes in your entries. ❤ i love these quotes you shared here esp that of Jim George.

37. Claudette Esterine permalink
    29/11/2015 6:26 pm

“Change is the only constant is life,” according to Heraclitus and I conduct mine with that as one of my guiding principles. I embrace change. Great post.

38. Beth@FrugalFroggie permalink
    29/11/2015 7:21 pm

My life is going through a transition. Although it is stressful, I look forward to being on the other side as I do think it will be great.

39. Liz Mays permalink
    29/11/2015 8:09 pm

The transition from season to season is the best! Can you imagine if we had to have just one all the time?

40. Summer Shayn permalink
    29/11/2015 8:29 pm

I wish we also have the 4 kinds of season here in our country. Ours is just rainy or dry. But the kind of transition that we are looking forward here is the Ber months. I love nature too!

41. emilyroemmich permalink
    29/11/2015 8:47 pm

I am very lucky to live in a place that has all four seasons to the extreme! I don’t know if I could live in a place that was warm or cold year-round.

42. Nicole Escat permalink
    30/11/2015 2:27 am

Change is something that happens to our lives, and we must learn to deal with it. I really love how you connect it with this.

43. Jeypi Kyu permalink
    30/11/2015 2:35 am

I believe transition would entail changes. as a saying goes, change is only the thing that is constant in this world. So changes in the environment is a sign of moving forward.. at least that is what i believe. 🙂

44. Fernando Ceballos Lachica permalink
    30/11/2015 2:44 am

Each and everyone of us underwent this transition in life. We as a human beings, tried our very best to coped-up to be with the changes. Likewise, transition give much life to everybody.

45. Acadiana'sThriftyMom permalink
    30/11/2015 3:07 am

These are beautiful! We don’t get snow here, so I love seeing all of the snowy pictures 🙂

46. Nancy Laws permalink
    30/11/2015 5:22 am

I really enjoyed seeing the distinct transition from one season to the next, a really fun challenge!

47. Tina Bowling permalink
    30/11/2015 6:31 am

Gorgeous set of photos! Living in Chicago I get to experience all the seasons.

48. Victoria permalink
    30/11/2015 8:04 am

These are some great photos. I love your weekly photo challenges.

49. Rosey permalink
    30/11/2015 8:14 am

Transition really isn’t always bad. Not even if it sometimes feels that way in the beginning. 🙂

50. 30/11/2015 8:43 am

You were able to capture the transitions in the leaves very well. It can really be a good representation of the the different seasons.

• 30/11/2015 9:56 am

What I had in mind was to show the Croton Aqueduct as the seasons change but, I have so many files/folders of photos that I needed more time to find them. TY for your feedback.

51. Sunshine Kelly permalink
    30/11/2015 8:57 am

Transition to me is the turning point. It can be in our career, relationship, friendship, health or anything that related to my life. Transition is inevitable, good or bad we have to go through.

52. Pearliza Paguio permalink
    30/11/2015 9:51 am

I like your pictures. I wish i can attend a photography class to get some decent shots for my blog entries. 😀

53. Bismah permalink
    30/11/2015 9:33 pm

Beautiful photos! Just getting outside and being surrounded by nature can be very calming, refreshing, and uplifting.

54. Maria Teresa Figuerres permalink
    30/11/2015 11:12 pm

My son has suddenly become a young man before my eyes. This might be a good transition, a significant milestone in my child’s life, but I wish time will slow down. He’s growing up too fast. Sigh!

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Transition | Musings of a Random Mind
  2. WPC: Transition (Shutters) | Chris Breebaart Photography / What's (in) the picture?

Kindly leave a meaningful comment. "Thanks for sharing" is NOT meaningful. Thank You!