Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

04/07/2015

“The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” Denis Waitley

Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

Haiku: Happy Independence Day! – Declaration of Independence signing

Rejoice for Freedom
Happy Independence Day!
May Peace and Love reign

Gather, Celebrate!
Freedom and Justice for all
What price would you pay?

What does celebrating Independence Day really mean? The gatherings on this day remind us of the importance of our personal freedom; our right to congregate and enjoy a meal with others without being under siege. Independence Day means we fought to provide a safe haven for our kids and loved ones, we want to maintain a democratic process, we don’t live in a war zone or suffer through restrictions like food rations. Many countries remain at war with each other in small and large ways… so this day matters. We must remember that even with the daily challenges we face here, inequalities, bigotry, job loss and such, we are fortunate in America, and we must remember to treat this day with reverence and gratitude for the Freedom and Peace we enjoy.

More Below
“The Declaration of Independence was always our vision of who we wanted to be, our ideal of freedom and justice, how we were going to be different, and what the American experiment was going to be about.” Marian Wright Edelman

Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

Haiku: Happy Independence Day!

Each day, a blessing
Independence Day, a gift
Hold on to Freedom

Live with gratitude
The fourth heralds liberty
What price for FREEDOM?

What does July 4th mean to you?  Susan B. Anthony said, “Independence is happiness.”  I agree. As we celebrate this great day and nation, let us remember to wish the same for others. Every nation deserves the same freedom of choice and inalienable rights… Enjoy yours. Happy 4th to YOU! Happy Independence Day! Stay Inspired! What are your thoughts?  What are your celebration plans? What did you do differently on this day? Do share! Thank you

Positive Motivation Tip: Be grateful for the gift of freedom on the 4th and celebrate it

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos Spirit of ’76, Fireworks, July 4th Cake, Declaration of Independence via Wikipedia

1. 04/07/2015 4:42 pm

I think we all are thinking of our Independence … Freedom… Rights…etc. …
    and I was aware of a lot of red, white, blue waving this year!

2. 05/07/2015 12:20 am

Happy Independence Day weekend Eliz x:-)x

3. heavenhappens permalink
    05/07/2015 1:28 am

I’m not American but I do envy you your strong sense of identity and your constitution.

4. R U S S permalink
    05/07/2015 2:21 am

While there was bloodshed and a lot of lives lost in the process of having freedom, we’re all lucky to be living in a time wherein we have independence and freedom. We should treasure it and be thankful for it. I agree, independence is happiness 🙂

5. 05/07/2015 8:24 am

Love the reminder of our freedom to congregate!

6. Angie B. permalink
    05/07/2015 11:36 am

I see people arguing online often: liberals vs conservatives, vaccine vs non-vaccine, etc. We live in a country where we can speak our mind on our government publicly without reprecussion. There are some countries that can’t say that.

7. LisaLadrido permalink
    05/07/2015 11:37 am

When the kids were little we would get on the boat and spend the day on the water, then watch the fireworks from there at night. I miss those times. It’s just my hubby and I now, so we went to see a movie and came back home to protect our animals from the fireworks that scare them so much! I hope you had a great 4th!

8. Amy Kelsch permalink
    05/07/2015 11:57 am

Such a fun and creative idea to do an Independence Day Haiku! It is very cool! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

9. Pam permalink
    05/07/2015 2:08 pm

What a great quote. I think my generation was gifted this by our parents and it was the best gift we could have received. I am not so sure we have done the same for our children. I hope so.

10. kleebanks permalink
    05/07/2015 5:14 pm

We went to a local race track and watched races first, then fireworks.

11. catherine c permalink
    05/07/2015 10:26 pm

happy independence day . this is a great post .. it looks that you had so much fun thank you for sharing this

12. Esme Sy permalink
    05/07/2015 10:51 pm

I love the quote! It’s true that the greatest gifts we can give our children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence…. and we have to start them early.

13. Sherryl Mae Vallejo Quianzon permalink
    06/07/2015 12:00 am

Indeed! Happy Independence Day. It feels so good to think that we have the freedom to do what we want, express how we feel on something and share our thoughts without the fear of being rejected by someone. It’s our right!

14. charliemoos permalink
    06/07/2015 3:44 am

Being from the UK we don’t celebrate the 4th of July (obviously) but I do like how patricotic you guys are we lack this in the UK with our stiff upper lips!

15. Stephanie permalink
    06/07/2015 3:52 am

Great post! It is important to remember the history of it all.

16. R U S S permalink
    06/07/2015 3:58 am

I’m just grateful that we have these men who fought for the freedom of our lands. I can’t imagine living a world without freedom.

17. Tami permalink
    06/07/2015 4:18 am

I am thankful for the freedoms we still have. I am more fortunate than other women in certain countries.

18. Rosey permalink
    06/07/2015 4:29 am

There really is a very deep meaning behind the holiday. On the surface it’s fun and barbeques, and you know…hurrah for it. That means the deeper meaning has been secured. 🙂 I hope you had a great 4th!

19. Nova permalink
    06/07/2015 9:52 am

It was a very nice Independence Day here in the USA, the fireworks, gatherings, uniting all American and of course the freedom of the nation.

20. Bismah permalink
    06/07/2015 12:18 pm

Happy Independence Day to you! I am not American however I know that it is a day that most want to celebrate and enjoy. It is a remarkable event will be remembered for many years to come.

21. Stephanie Pass permalink
    06/07/2015 2:42 pm

I feel lucky to be an American and born in this country. We do often take for granted the rights that those before us fought so hard for.

22. Chubskulit Rose permalink
    06/07/2015 3:55 pm

Happy INdependence Day. It’s very important to remember our forefathers who helped set us free.

23. Michelle hwee permalink
    06/07/2015 7:11 pm

Happy Independence Day!! 🙂 Truly blessed to live in this great nation, this pots is a great reminder of that!

24. michelle co permalink
    06/07/2015 9:20 pm

Great celebrations calls for great food.cool cake there.

25. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    07/07/2015 4:15 am

Nostalgic photos to commemorate your Independence Day. For free nations celebrating this very special day is full of fun and celebration.

26. Laura koltz permalink
    07/07/2015 5:24 am

“If you think Independence Day is America’s defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.” Tony Snow

27. Jeska permalink
    07/07/2015 1:29 pm

Pretty red, white, and blue fireworks!

28. Liz Mays permalink
    07/07/2015 4:56 pm

This is a great reminder! It’s one of the great milestones in American history.

29. upliftingfam permalink
    07/07/2015 9:19 pm

I hope that you had a wonderful 4th of July. We celebrated my nieces birthday with family and close friends. They had a huge water slide for the kids. Then we went to the park to watch fireworks. The weather was perfect too.

30. 07/07/2015 9:46 pm

I like “living with gratitude”, I keep a gratitude journal and it helps me to be grateful for all that I have. I do love that first quote though about roots of responsibility and wings of Independence. If you can foster those two things, you’ve got a great kid!

• 07/07/2015 9:59 pm

Yes, I fell in love with it too. I love that it mentions kids because we must start early to teach our children about the meaning/value of it all. TY!

31. asbestrecipes permalink
    07/07/2015 11:34 pm

Very nice way to educate about the history of the United States you also have great photography. Thanks for sharing.

32. Rebel Sweetheart permalink
    08/07/2015 6:18 am

Happy Independence Day! Hope you had a great one!

33. Dina Demarest (@dinade) permalink
    08/07/2015 10:55 am

I love that quote. My friend always said the greatest gift you can give your kid is roots and wings!

34. Lexie Lane permalink
    08/07/2015 12:40 pm

I see the many sacrifices troops and their families have made for us and I wished we could all truly understand it and what it means to be a free country. Such a good post to help all all remember.

35. Rebecca Swenor permalink
    08/07/2015 7:53 pm

Happy Independence Day. Independence to me means sacrificing for our self and others. Many people have sacrificed their life for our freedom. I always remember what our soldiers have done for us to have our freedom and I don’t take it for granted. Thanks for sharing.

36. Lisa Rios permalink
    09/07/2015 5:38 am

Happy independence day. Hope you had a wonderful celebration of 4th July. This post sounds like a creative and fun way to do a patriotic day haiku. Love those great quotes as well.

37. Sharon Ulery Ruggieri permalink
    09/07/2015 10:29 pm

I was so sad this 4th of July. So few people appreciate true freedom or even understand what it means anymore 😦

38. catherine c permalink
    10/07/2015 12:50 am

really inspiring post , Happy independence day , thank you for making me inspired whenever i read your post it really helps to keep me motivated

39. loisaltermark permalink
    11/07/2015 6:07 pm

Great way to celebrate Independence Day. Happy 4th to all!

40. Manu Kalia permalink
    12/07/2015 5:08 am

We had a great day celebrating independence day. What a lovely phrase.