“Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come” – Chinese Proverb
It took me a while to decide which photos in my files were suitable and representative of the perspective Brian shared with us. I must admit it was a challenge but I think the choices made are in line with the assignment. Hope you think so too. For this week’s photo challenge, I chose a range of photos taken abroad and locally. I have added some information on the photos to help identify their location. Is it my imagination or does the texture and coloring of the sky look a bit different wherever we go? I think so… Ask me any questions, and Likes/comments are always appreciated. I’ll be visiting you too. Do come back for more!
“Near or far, to each other linked are, that thou canst not stir a flower without troubling of a star.” Francis Thompson
I found that my landscape shots worked best; especially those taken near water. The reflection of blue sky against blue water created a feeling of expansiveness and a welcoming serenity that worked perfectly with the idea of seeing things in a three dimensional way. Some of the shots might be a stretch or not taken close to the ground so that narrowing of focus effect isn’t as profound… When I finally understood Brian’s diagonal perspective effect, it was my eureka moment! Pardon my joy, I am an amateur photog. Did you enjoy this week’s photo challenge? More Below!
“We are as near to heaven by sea as by land!” Sir Humphrey Gilbert
Thank you WordPress for the weekly photography lessons and thank you fellow bloggers for sharing their perspectives so generously… they are priceless. Hope you enjoyed the near and far spots I featured. Do come back soon. Have an awesome weekend! 😉 Thank you for stopping by! What are your thoughts? What photos did you share on Near and Far to fit the challenge? Was it easy/hard to find photos that supported your perspective on the subject? Were you drawn to certain types of photos for the prompt? Do share? Thank you! 🙂 😉
*Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience! 🙂
My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. I listed several via Zemanta & WP Daily Post below. (I will update it and add more). We all appreciate trackbacks/ping-backs and Likes from fellow bloggers too! Check out how others interpreted the theme – Near and Far – also below. ***
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far. This week’s photo challenge is guest hosted by Brian Cooney. Read on for more about this week’s theme and his photography tips! We’re excited about this week’s photo challenge, near and far, and hope it inspires you to play with perspective, which can give sweeping images of beautiful locations more oomph and power. Perspective is what makes a flat two-dimensional image, such as a photograph, appear like it is three-dimensional. To create this effect, you can use features like diagonal lines, which converge within the frame and literally suck in the viewer.
Positive Motivation Tip: No matter where we are and what we see, there is always a near and distant perspective and memory of what we experienced. Capture the moments and enjoy the memories… Embrace the Near and Far.
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (simplycaptured.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far | Keith the Green’s Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far « Pictures for Froghopper
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Near and Far « Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far The Sequel!! (Greece, Ireland, Holland) « What’s (in) the picture?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (Lesbos) « What’s (in) the picture? (Chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far | Cardboard Me Travels
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (moniqueterez.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (marichulambino.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far… (eof737.wordpress.com)