“Jazz is not just music, it’s a way of life, it’s a way of being, a way of thinking. . . the new inventive phrases we make up to describe things — all that to me is jazz just as much as the music we play.” Nina Simone
Thelonious Monk – Straight No Chaser live, London, 1965
It’s a new dawn
It’s a new day
It’s a new life
And I’m feeling good… Contd below
Sometimes, it is best to let the music do the talking; especially with classical jazz. I haven’t met anyone yet who didn’t enjoy a jazz composition. It is relaxing yet intricate; inviting yet complex… Enjoy it anyway and I hope you continue to feel good afterwards.
“All a musician can do is to get closer to the sources of nature, and so feel that he is in communion with the natural laws.” John Coltrane
John Coltrane – Acknowledgement – 1965 Live Video
Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel
Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don’t you know
Butterflies all havin’ fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That’s what I mean… Contd below
Soulful Saturdays become straight up soulful sounds once the clock strikes midnight. I don’t want us to get stuck on timelines and confusing definitions. What matters is the music and how it makes us feel. Lately, when I listen to music I like, I find myself traveling back in time… to a place where contentment, light and love reside. By the way, check out my guest post. It is titled: Gratitude For Small Things and on blog buddy Deb Bryan’s popular blog – The Monster in Your Closet. Thank you!
On another nice note, WP is inviting us to submit a topic on the following:
- Recommended Bloggers – Nominate your favorite WordPress.com blogger for an interview and profile on The Daily Post.
- Why I Blog – When did you start blogging and why? What keeps you blogging? We want to know what makes your blog tick!
- My Morning Coffee – Before typing up your latest post, where do you find inspiration? Let us know your go-to sites for post ideas. Share the inspiration!
More below! 🙂
“Those who want to know what sound goes into my music should come to NY and open their ears.” Thelonious Monk
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel -Nina Simone
The first time I heard that song Feeling Good, I was feeling sad… and it cheered me up. I hope it lifts your spirits too. As always, I’d love to hear what new songs you are singing or dancing to. What songs have you discovered? Have a blessed start to the new week…
Stay Inspired! What are your thoughts? What music are you listening to this weekend? Do you have any favorites you’d like to share? What would you recommend some new tunes? Do share! Thank you. 🙂
*Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience! 🙂
Positive Motivation Tip: Music is that next step we take to connect with the divine… Whatever our interests, it helps us keep an open mind and heart. Enjoy!
- Music: Call Me Soulful Saturday Anyway… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- “India & Africa”: Coltrane Tribute by Asian American Orchestra (prweb.com)
- Work (1954). Thelonious Monk /swinging from another planet/ (rgable.typepad.com)
- A Child’s Introduction to Jazz, Narrated by Cannonball Adderley (grayflannelsuit.net)
- Ask Me Now (1951). Thelonious Monk (rgable.typepad.com)
- feeling good (braveraconteuse.wordpress.com)
- Song Of The Day: Muse – Feeling Good (emelix.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration Through Music: Nina Simone (themonstrumchronicles.wordpress.com)