“Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.” Jimi Hendrix
This weekend, I bring you a new mix of sounds from around the world. Some of the faces are familiar; Nicki Minaj dropped her new song (in February) – Starships – and Musiq Soulchild does a fantastic catchy song featuring Swizz Beatz, Alicia Keys‘ hubby. Karsh Kale and Habib Koite might not be familiar territory for some of us, but their music is solid, soulful and deep. When we add the hypnotic sounds of Aisha Duo and Aaron Goldberg‘s classical jazz tune to the selections, we have a veritable mix of music from artists covering a broad musical spectrum. Check ’em out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
“Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” Lao Tzu
I’ve always loved Musiq’s sophisticated and soulful sounds, and I’m glad he has a new album coming out in May. Nicki is eccentric, smart, boldly creative and fresh; that is what I love about her sound. She is not afraid to push the envelope while keeping it entertaining, fun and danceable. What I’ve always loved about music is that no matter what, we can find our sound; something appeals to us based on our interests. I’m all for musical exploration so share your songs with me. More below! 🙂
No matter what’s going on in my world, when I turn to music, my concerns drop away and I am transported to another realm where worries and fears do not dwell.. There is music to fit any mood and any need. All we have to do is open our minds to new sounds and eventually, something will leap at us; tugging our heart in all the right places. Have a blessed weekend!
Stay Inspired! What are your thoughts? What music are you listening to this weekend? Do you have any favorites you’d like to share? What would you recommend some new tunes? Do share! Thank you. 🙂
*Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience! 🙂
Positive Motivation Tip: Soulful sounds help us shift directions after a long challenging week. Enjoy!
- Music: Soulful Saturday Continues… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Music: A Few For The Road… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Music Monday ~ Take Care ft. Rihanna (Official Video) – Drake – Take Care ft. Rihanna (Official Video) (jonellg.wordpress.com)
- Music: Soulful Saturday Sounds… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Kate’s Travel Playlist – Track 7: “Wassiye” (Music) (travelwithkate.com)
- New Music: Latif – ‘Philadelphia Healing’ [EP] (worldaccordingtomonte.com)
- Music | Empowerment – Yes, Musiq Soulchild (tetlovesmakeup.wordpress.com)