Photo Challenge: SMILE – YOU Matter!

04/04/2018
Spread the love
  • 11.2K
  • 90
  • 201
  • 65

“Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” Anthony J. D’Angelo

Photo Challenge: SMILE - YOU Matter!

Photo Challenge: SMILE – YOU Matter!

Logic – 1-800-273-8255 (LIVE From The 60th GRAMMYs ®) ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. Kenneth Branagh
Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life. Yoko Ono
Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. Paramahansa Yogananda

SMILE … a loaded word and a powerful act. I was sifting through some old files yesterday and came across a set of photos I took a while back. Looking at them brought back a flood of memories of a time when what was behind the smile was not quite what one would expect. The photos represented an important chapter in my journey through life, and I am grateful I took the leap to jump in feet first. At the time, my marriage had ended, another important relationship had gone south, and I was at my wits end. Truthfully, I was suicidal and had considered a number of ways to put an end to the unbearable emotional pain I was carrying. On a visit to my doctor for a routine check up, I blurted out how down I felt and how I wanted to end it all. He could hear the desperation in my voice, and immediately stopped everything and counseled me to reconsider. At different points in our lives, we might walk through the valley of the shadow of death and it takes the presence of God’s grace and angels in human form to rein us back in… I was fortunate.

I knew I needed help and it showed up. With the encouragement of my doctor, family and friends, I checked myself into a hospital and was under a suicide watch for 10 days. I was in great pain and needed a place to regroup and recover… my cry for help brought a lot of grace and revelations into a very dark period of my life and I fought the demons with every ounce left in my being.  I had to do it for my kids and for myself. The doctors and nursing staff were compassionate and attentive, and I stayed committed to my recovery plan. On my release from the hospital, I cut all my hair off… Shedding our hair is symbolic of a cleansing and a release in West African culture; it is done for funerals and recoveries and the inner prompting to shed the weave felt right. Sharing this also feels right and liberating as I come from a culture where such conversations are frowned on. Truth is that by telling our stories, we can save lives and inspire others to step back from the precipice. I wish I could turn back the clock on Andrew’s death. I wish I could stop another person from crossing that divide that separates life from death. If you or anyone you know is in desperate need of help, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Call 1-800-273-8255 Your life matters.

“If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” Maya Angelou

Photo Challenge: SMILE - YOU Matter!

Photo Challenge: SMILE – YOU Matter!

Walking Trophy (Official Video) by HoodCelebrityy

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. Henri Nouwen

As I started to rebuild my life, one of my best friends, Diahann, gave me fortuitous advice. “Go do something fun to lift your spirit and put a smile on your face,” she said. I was baffled. What could I possibly do when I had just pulled myself back from the brink and needed all my energy to figure out my what next? I contemplated it for a few days and the answer came. Go take some upbeat fashion photos and wear your favorite clothes, including that aubergine Azzedine Alaïa jacket you’ve been holding onto forever. I shared my idea with Diahann and she thought it was terrific. I did some searches online, found a photographer in Queens and reached out to her. When I shared my intention with her, to do something fun that would put a smile back on my face, she was all in. We set a date and I was stoked. She suggested I get professional make up done to ensure the entire experience was special… so I did. I found a makeup artist locally and scheduled an appointment for the morning of my photo shoot day.

On the fateful day, I believe it was early summer, I drove out to the studio in Queens and had a fantastic time. Initially, I was tentative and self conscious but, as the day progressed, I got very comfortable and my mood shifted. At one point, her beautiful dog got in on the act and I took one of my most favorite photos holding him in my arms. It was also a reminder of the healing love we experience from pets. Their intuitive love is unconditional. After the photo shoot, as I drove back home, I felt something heavy shift inside of me, and it was replaced with a great sense of joy, gratitude and relief. How could I have even considered ending it all? How do I move forward with a sense of purpose? The emotions flowed and I knew somehow, that everything was going to work out… it would take time but, the healing had begun. I look at the photos above and below and they still put a smile on my face. When we empty ourselves of our emotional baggage and pain, and leave them at the doorstep of faith, all that is left is grace and healing light. Make peace with your pain and find a way to put that smile back on your face. You matter. Your life matters.

Phenomenal Woman BY MAYA ANGELOU
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It’s the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,
That’s me. Contd Below via Poetryfoundation.org

“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” Mother Teresa

Photo Challenge: SMILE - YOU Matter!

Photo Challenge: SMILE – YOU Matter!

Rae Sremmurd, Swae Lee, Slim Jxmmi – Powerglide ft. Juicy J

Tonight Is The Night – Betty Wright (1978)

Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hanh
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. Thomas Paine
Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. Christie Brinkley
Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss

What is my Intention you may ask? If my story can help someone choose life over demise, find a way to add joy and laughter over sadness, and add a smile to your face in a difficult period, then my wish is complete. Today is Dr. Maya Angelou’s 90th birthday and her writings have always fed my soul in good and bad times. So I honor her memory too with her poem, Phenomenal Woman. I honor the memory of all those lost to pain and suicide. You know, some of us sit around waiting for the perfect time to share our story. We want our lives to be perfect first and our worries to evaporate so we can tell a championship story… but that is not necessary. Tell your story when your heart prompts you to do so, for it could shine a light in the dark for someone else. If you read my blog, you’d know I am not one for confessionals… blame it on my African/British upbringing. However, something in me felt right today and I felt compelled to share the story behind the photos shared here. I share this for my fellow sisters and brothers out there who are suffering in silence and in pain.

I write this blog not because I have answers but because as I journal my thoughts in this public arena, I get glimpses of insights that help me and hopefully help you. I write to encourage others and by doing so, I also encourage myself. As a woman of color, I feel that there are unrealistic expectations of us in society; we are expected be the strong ones, long suffering, chin up, bear it, martyr yourself for XYZ. We are human first and we hurt and bleed like everyone else. To be vulnerable and speak our fears is not a sign of weakness. It takes courage to stand in your pain, own your stuff and work through it. I have nothing to prove. I aim to be present in my life and live with gratitude and purpose. To be mindful, purposeful and grateful is to be abundantly blessed. Hold unto those qualities with both hands.

Another great lesson I’ve learned over the years is that we need the grace of good people in our lives. We can be an angel to someone by our actions. Don’t wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting, brighten a life too. We often forget that the internet is a search engine for joy and info seekers, for lost and found souls, and for capturing moments that might matter to others. So go on then, SMILE… You Matter. Your Life Matters!

Phenomenal Woman Contd
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
They say they still can’t see.
I say,
It’s in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It’s in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
’Cause I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.
Have a Happy, Healthy 2018!

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – SMILE –  This week, show us a smile (yours or someone else’s), make us smile, or both. Share a photo of something that has brought a moment of joy into your life recently, or focus on the outcome of that joy. If you’re not feeling particularly cheerful at the moment — it’s still 2018, after all — no need to fake your way into the challenge, either. Smiles come in all shades and flavors, including the half-hearted, tired, bitter, and resigned (to name a few). So whether the emotions you channel in your photo are full of cheer or not, I can’t wait to see your take on this theme.

Positive Motivation Tip:  To smile is to touch heaven and spread joy on earth. SMILE!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. Gladys Parker permalink
    04/04/2018 8:03 pm

I love that poem and your beautiful pictures! I always feel like I am not good enough because I have this mental health problem, because I am sad, depressed not happy or excited like everyone else. Thank-you for being open today. If you could feel that way at one point then it isn’t just my sometimes worthless self. Maybe I can change to to the joyful side.

04/04/2018 10:03 pm

I believe a lot more of us have those experiences but many remain quiet about it. Life’s challenges force us to reach for our higher self to help us grow… It is life long. Sending hugs and love. <3

• Jenn Pereira for EasyBlog Themes permalink
      06/04/2018 10:27 pm

OMG @Gladys Parker, I have suffered that too. But the more I am accepting myself for that I am and for having that mental health problem, I have learned to alleviate those depression by focusing on my creative side. I always forgot sadness by doing things that can make me happy. Even simply drinking coffee while reading books could help. Or by writing, singing or dancing. Whatever simple things that makes you happy. Think of the positive thoughts. It’s quite impossible in the beginning, but keep on practicing. It helps a lot.

By the way, I also love the thoughts of smiling with strangers (even if they don’t smile back). It feels so good. Fortunately, I think I mastered the art of smiling:)

22/04/2018 2:36 am

We try everything that works for us… true. 🙂

2. Patricia G. permalink
    06/04/2018 8:36 pm

Awesome pictures! I can relate to having been depressed and suicidal. For years, I have struggled with depression. However, now I can finally say that I am at a point in my life where I have the most joy and a reason to smile everyday! Praise God! 🙂

22/04/2018 2:37 am

Amen. I am in a good place too.

3. Marielle Altenor permalink
    06/04/2018 11:03 pm

You are very brave for sharing this story with us. I grew up in a religious home and mental health was always blamed on bad /evil spirits. Praying was the only “solutions” I’ve seen many relative suffer in silence and never getting the help they needed. Glad to hear that you were brave enough to get help for yourself.

22/04/2018 2:35 am

I know your story very well… So true! 🙂

4. Jen permalink
    07/04/2018 1:14 am

I love that Maya Angelou poem. A wonderful post to honour her on her 90th birthday. You sound so strong.

22/04/2018 2:35 am

Me too… love it

5. Archana Singh permalink
    07/04/2018 3:32 am

There is nothing more important and beautiful than smile.

22/04/2018 2:34 am

True… 🙂

6. Aditi permalink
    07/04/2018 4:13 am

We have a piece of artwork in our family room that I helped my daughters work on a few years ago. It says- Happy girls are the prettiest! Cheers to our best makeup- our smile!

22/04/2018 2:34 am

How lovely. 🙂

7. Karla permalink
    07/04/2018 5:26 am

I really love the poem. I wish I could smile as you. Life has been so tough for me. I always try to look at the positve side of life, but there were times that I feel defeated with my fear because I always worry of my future. Thank you for sharing this post! 🙂

8. Monique Elise permalink
    07/04/2018 5:31 am

I love the poem and overall message of this post. Smiling really is therapeutic!

22/04/2018 2:30 am

Thank you!

9. Indu Indra permalink
    07/04/2018 11:28 am

Smile makes everything look so beautiful. Not only it brightens up facial expressions but makes us feel in bliss of joy that we pass to others as well.

22/04/2018 2:29 am

It does have a chemical reaction in our bodies

10. chewoutloud permalink
    07/04/2018 11:28 am

You’ve got a beautiful smile! Such a great way to show it off 🙂 It’s so true that a genuine smile at someone each day can brighten their spirits. I know it does mine when someone takes the time to smile and say hello. During dark seasons of my life, just being able to slowly walk around outdoors, under the sunshine and trees… it does wonders.

22/04/2018 2:29 am

Helps a lot… I concur

11. Corina permalink
    07/04/2018 11:29 am

I guess…I’ve been smiling all my life, when I was happy as well as when I was strong…

22/04/2018 2:28 am

Good for you!

12. Ayana Nell permalink
    07/04/2018 11:39 am

You have such a beautiful smile!! It’s funny that people can so easily hide traumatic events or stressful situations behind a smile and have people just think everything is peachy. Thanks for sharing your story…I’m glad you’re recovering and growing from your tough times!

22/04/2018 2:28 am

Many thanks Ayana!

13. twinspirational permalink
    07/04/2018 12:25 pm

We love Maya Angelou poems. This post just makes us want to smile.

22/04/2018 2:28 am

I’m glad… 🙂

14. Leigh Anne permalink
    07/04/2018 1:13 pm

I think it is so important to smile at others. When you choose to smiles it helps to boost your mood. You can wake up each day and choose to live in your misery or rise above it. Smiling is a way to rise above it. It helps you tremendously!

22/04/2018 2:27 am

Sure… it’s a choice. 🙂

15. Vian permalink
    07/04/2018 1:55 pm

oh wow! your smile is simple but mysterious. You look like Halle Berry on the movie The Call.. Beautiful and elegant! I’m also a lover of poem, I made lots of them for my mom. I love what you’ve said “I’m a woman phenomenally. True!

22/04/2018 2:27 am

It’s a Maya Angelou poem and i love the message. Share some of yours.

16. Nicole permalink
    07/04/2018 5:01 pm

Ah, I love this so much! Sometimes we forget that taking a break, even for five minutes, to put a smile on our face is priceless! As women we tend to worry and fret about not only ourselves but everyone else in our lives that we are always overthinking and not smiling. I’ve learned that just five minutes of dance, my favorite song or a funny video can change my attitude completely!

22/04/2018 2:26 am

It’s magical..

17. jplagens permalink
    07/04/2018 6:00 pm

I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to share your pain with others. I know it is hard to bare your soul to a blog. Your life is precious and you are beautiful. What a wonderful smile you have. I am so glad you are in a better place, and you are now helping other people with your story.

22/04/2018 2:26 am

Thanks again… It was worth the effort.

18. Steven & Ana Rose (@Roads_and_Pages) permalink
    08/04/2018 4:51 am

Thank you for this uplifting post. This certainly brightens my day. It also makes me more positive about life. And I know having a peace inside is more important. Its the happiness and peace inside that bring the true beauty of a person.

22/04/2018 2:25 am

It does shine through…

19. mikaesque permalink
    08/04/2018 9:36 am

This was such a deep and touching post, it must have took a lot of courage to share so glad you did though. You have a beautiful and powerful smile. Keep smiling, the world needs to see more of that from you!

22/04/2018 2:24 am

Thanks so much Mika, it took a lot of effort.

20. Anna C. permalink
    08/04/2018 10:37 am

Maya Angelou had so much knowledge, inspiration, and very blunt way of putting a smile on your face. I need to learn how to smile more. Between bi-polar, anxiety, OCD and other medical problems, I often fake smile and you can tell…

22/04/2018 2:24 am

Don’t worry about others thinking, smile for yourself first

21. kage2015 permalink
    08/04/2018 12:55 pm

All your photos are beautiful. We all have many different smiles if we study them. Enjoyed reading the poem.

22/04/2018 2:23 am

Indeed. we do. 🙂

22. kidcongeniality permalink
    08/04/2018 1:37 pm

What a beautiful, uplifting post. Thank you for the positivity.
    My favorite quote: Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. (Dr. Seuss).

22/04/2018 2:22 am

I love that quote too

23. steph dorworth permalink
    08/04/2018 2:12 pm

Wow thanks for being so open and sharing your story. I love why you shaved off your hair. You seem like a beautiful person inside and out. Love that Dr Seuss quote too!

22/04/2018 2:22 am

Glad you read the post… it was an act of healing

24. scrapbookadventures365 permalink
    08/04/2018 2:16 pm

Love this! All the pictures are gorgeous! A smile can say so many things and actually make us feel so much better!

22/04/2018 2:21 am

Smiles are healing. Yes

25. waitingforrain28 permalink
    08/04/2018 3:41 pm

I needed this reminder today. I am really struggling now that I am sort of inbetween jobs. My temporary position right now has a boss that doesn’t like me at all. :/ I’m really struggling to feel worth much at all. So thank you! <3<3

22/04/2018 2:21 am

Please take care of yourself. Look for another job if need be.

26. Ana Ojha permalink
    08/04/2018 4:01 pm

A beautiful smile can make anyone’s day. One shouldn’t stop smiling, no matter how tough the circumstances are! At one point of time, everything is going to be okay!

22/04/2018 2:20 am

It helps….

27. blogthirtyminusone permalink
    08/04/2018 8:29 pm

This is a motivational post. And the photos are fabulous.
    Xx, Nailil

22/04/2018 2:20 am

Thanks Nailil!

28. Ophelia T permalink
    08/04/2018 8:46 pm

I love your post. I think smiling is always a great medicine. Thanks for sharing.

22/04/2018 2:19 am

A smile can heal. TRUE

29. jossynana permalink
    08/04/2018 9:07 pm

This is jut so motivational and really what i needed his morning.Thanks for sharing

22/04/2018 2:19 am

I’m glad it spoke to you

30. Preet@thevelvetlife permalink
    08/04/2018 9:17 pm

What an amazing post and the poem. Smile is such small but a powerful act. I believe a smile has the power to brighten up someone’s day, it costs nothing to smile. It is great to see all the pictures, your smile is so beautiful.

22/04/2018 2:18 am

A smile is a powerful act… YES

31. mjchristine permalink
    08/04/2018 10:17 pm

An uplifting life story, you have conquered one of you hardest struggles and smiled into it as the sign of you moving forward for the bright and happy future. I was inspired by your story, ma you keep those smiles everyday of your life.

22/04/2018 2:18 am

Thank you so much for our blessings… an likewise to you

32. tina grant permalink
    09/04/2018 12:09 am

When I have been down in the past looking at old photos of happier times often brought me out of my slump. Reflecting back on those memories made me smile. Loving ourselves and surrounding ourselves with positive people also helps.

22/04/2018 2:17 am

Definitely a great help for me too.

33. Ana Vukosavljevic permalink
    09/04/2018 3:33 am

I loved to see this side of you! I was so suprised when I saw that this was a confession! I’m so happy you did it because I have a feeling that now I really know you!

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I believe it wasn’t easy for you at all! You are such a strong person. I’m so happy you got over everyhing and OH MY these photos are just gorgeous. They look like they are from magazine! You are so beautiful and your smile is gorgeous.

22/04/2018 2:17 am

Thank you Ana. It wasn’t easy but it felt right. 🙂

34. Ashley 🍯🌲 (@ashleyfromHP) permalink
    09/04/2018 7:08 am

Such a beautiful smile and such great encouragement. It’s been a hard few weeks for me and I really needed something like this today. 🙂

22/04/2018 2:16 am

I do hope it helped you. TY!

35. Christie Moeller permalink
    09/04/2018 8:34 am

I think the best thing you can give someone is a smile. Thank you for sharing this very personal story. There are so many people who can connect with it and know they they arent alone in how they feel.

22/04/2018 2:15 am

Thank you. I pray so.

36. Yeah Lifestyle permalink
    09/04/2018 11:32 am

Sometimes when I am in a strange place or country, I find a smile breaks the ice and connects people. Just like a hug does. Your smile is amazing and you are so wonderful to create such a blog to help others and learn more about yourself in the process.

22/04/2018 2:15 am

I enjoy the process of sharing posts that help me too.

37. Joyce permalink
    09/04/2018 4:33 pm

You were never selfish you thought about your kids and your life and decided to talk a turn, that was so brave of you. For sure you did put a smile on someone’s face who cared about you and was worried. You do look cute either way.

22/04/2018 2:14 am

38. kylie cre8tone (@cre8tone) permalink
    10/04/2018 2:14 am

Smile is the most gorgeous.. Smile more and our problems will slip away… Love all the smiles in the photos..

22/04/2018 2:12 am

A smile helps take the edge off even if all doesn’t slip away.

39. Chuck Vargas permalink
    10/04/2018 3:41 am

Love you words and photos as always. Very inspirational. Lets all try to be happy

22/04/2018 2:11 am

Hahaha! That made me laugh. 🙂

40. Cassandra Rose permalink
    10/04/2018 4:32 pm

I’m so sorry that you went through such hard times but I think it’s brave that you managed to turn negative experiences into a positive one!

22/04/2018 2:11 am

Still a work in progress… TY! 🙂

41. Mira permalink
    10/04/2018 6:11 pm

Interesting that you say to just be kind and gracious to those around us. So often we are so wrapped up in our own mind our goal or our expectations that even though we may still be kind, we don’t necessarily go out of our way to show kindness to those near us. Personally I love the pay it forward challenges… sometimes, you don’t even know who you showed the kindness to, but by doing something nice you may have just made their day and put a smile on their face 🙂

22/04/2018 2:10 am

True… we are human and we all have our version of a bad day. Kindness and a smile help

42. adventuregirleliana permalink
    11/04/2018 3:35 am

It’s great that you are sharing your experience. That is also a great reminder, to smile, even when things get rough. That is a beautiful poem you shared! Love all these pictures!

22/04/2018 2:09 am

It helps us all to share our stories.

43. Arunas permalink
    11/04/2018 4:33 am

Your smile looks beautiful and warm. Nice photos.

22/04/2018 2:08 am

Thank you!

44. Corinne 🍒 (@WhatCorinneDid) permalink
    11/04/2018 8:41 am

I find it always so hard to smile in a photo. Not because I am not happy or don’t want too. It’s just that my face turns out odd when I smile sometimes! I do however smile even when things don’t go very well for me. it’s hard but i don’t want to worry everyone around

22/04/2018 2:08 am

Please don’t worry so much…

45. morganmike55 permalink
    11/04/2018 5:49 pm

I love that poem and your post is great! Definitely sharing!

22/04/2018 2:07 am

Appreciated.

46. Leigh Anne Borders permalink
    11/04/2018 8:56 pm

Finding the joy in the things around you and within yourself is so important. You have to know you are worth more. Smiling is a great way to make yourself get into the right frame of mind.

22/04/2018 2:06 am

We are all worthy in a world that views some as unworthy.

47. nadaliebardo permalink
    12/04/2018 7:38 am

Loving pets’ affection is genuine and brightens my mood instantly. I totally agree, they do have unconditional love and their happiness is infectious. Anytime I have one of those moments that stirs my emotions in a positive way, I make sure to write about it so I can look back on it one day and relive the moment.

22/04/2018 2:05 am

Good for you. We should all do it

48. lex permalink
    12/04/2018 8:56 am

Good post. Good pictures. Theme on the smiles are real. Your smile can change the world right from the first person next to you. Shine bright with your smiles and the world is at peace.

22/04/2018 2:04 am

Our smiles can brighten others lives.

49. Feira permalink
    12/04/2018 7:23 pm

You are truly an inspiring and a strong person. With such tribulation and hardship it is hard to put on a smile. But, if one manages to get through life’s storms, that is truly a reason to smile. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

22/04/2018 1:59 am

I appreciate the sincere feedback. It took great effort and courage.

50. Tee permalink
    13/04/2018 9:36 pm

Very beautiful models and highly inspirational post! Based on what you shared you had the right intentions in sharing this post! Thank you and * cheers*

22/04/2018 1:58 am

Thank you Tee… all the photos are of me

51. Daria permalink
    13/04/2018 10:11 pm

You included some beautiful pictures here and the poem is really nice.

22/04/2018 1:58 am

Merci. 🙂

52. Marya The BeauTraveler permalink
    14/04/2018 3:06 am

smile is contagious, so even on the worst day, i always try to laugh it off just so it wouldn’t grow into a burden of my life. thank you for sharing! 🙂

22/04/2018 1:57 am

It does take effort.

53. flora_the_sweaterist permalink
    14/04/2018 8:07 am

We’re so grateful that you shared your story with us! I’m glad that you managed to fight all those problems and hardships with help from your family and friends. Your smile has a power, it’s lovely to see it <3

22/04/2018 1:57 am

Grateful for your feedback

54. Msddah permalink
    15/04/2018 6:48 pm

Love everything about this post. Yes, smiling is everything and everyone could smile more. I adore the quotes sprinkled all over this post, adore Maya Angelou’s Phenomenal Woman and I just added Walking Throphy to my “Caz I am Happy Playlist” which was inpired by your post a few weeks back with Pharell’s I’m Happy. Keep it coming! Xoxoxo

22/04/2018 1:56 am

I’m glad you are enjoying the music too. It’s a like saver.

55. Thelittlelai: Beyond limits permalink
    17/04/2018 3:39 pm

This is truly a reminder that despite the struggles that we are facing everyday, there should always be a reason to smile to lighten up our day. Truly, it is such a contagious act that would change others perspective. Thank you so much for this.

22/04/2018 1:54 am

We should remember that. True…

56. DEJUAN SHORTER permalink
    17/04/2018 4:03 pm

There is nothing like a great smile. Love the opening quote to this piece. Thanks for sharing.

22/04/2018 1:53 am

57. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    19/04/2018 6:05 am

Love your photos, Elizabeth! You have a stunning smile, and your cheekbones are to die for! 🙂

22/04/2018 1:53 am

Hopefully not to die for…