Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

06/12/2017

“Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.” Will Rogers

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone. Anthony Burgess

For this week’s photo challenge on CHEEKY – … what do you think? I love the weekly photo challenges because they force us to step out of the familiar, comfort zone we inhabit as amateur photographers and try to look at something new through our lens; a new perspective, a new angle, range, theme and we get so much from it. Cheeky is not a subject I think about when I take pictures. I love nature and street scenes and such, so anything that pushes the envelope for me is a good thing. I didn’t have much on file and was going to try another backdoor approach to the challenge. I decided to take a walk in my neighborhood first and, lo and behold, that cheeky Santa Holiday decoration was sitting in someone’s front yard… talk about serendipity!

“The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible.” David Ogilvy

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

I never said most of the things I said. Yogi Berra
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. Jules Renard
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Why did I include some of the other shots? Good question… Our family cat is very cheeky and when you want him to do A, he becomes determined to do B. The shots I included were because I had specifically asked him to exit the bag, shopping bag, and get off my new book. The responses are clear. Haha! Come back for more on the other photos.

MORE BELOW
“I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” Lily Tomlin

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

Photo Challenge: CHEEKY?

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere. Dr. Seuss
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. Thomas Sowell
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. Steve Martin

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – CHEEKY –   This week, find a little irreverence in your world. Show us something cheeky this week! Kids, animals, faces in inanimate objects, amusing signs, funny juxtapositions — go find a little irreverence in your world.

Positive Motivation Tip: Laugh a little, laugh a lot… Humor heals.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. 06/12/2017 6:54 pm

That was fun!

• 11/12/2017 11:16 am

Right? Phew… For a moment I thought I’d never find the perfect shot but that holiday decoration in someone’s yard saved my day. 🙂

2. Lauren Sheriff permalink
    06/12/2017 10:13 pm

Lol this pictures are so funny! The cats expression in the bag is seriously to die for!

Lauren

3. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    06/12/2017 11:00 pm

I always believe in finding humor in everything. There is so much more to life than just sulking and feeling sorry for ourselves.

4. Joanna Davis permalink
    07/12/2017 12:43 am

I guess you can look at cats and always feel like they are cheeky, with their adorable little faces but playful minds. They are bound to do something naughty any time.

5. maria permalink
    07/12/2017 1:38 am

your cat is sooooo cut although he looks annoyed all the time! 🙂

6. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    07/12/2017 1:55 am

These pictures are funny and some cute! I wish we could all be cheeky as life would be much more fun. Above it says show us your photos. I have a silly one I would love to share but there is no where here to put a photo.

7. lexieanimetravel permalink
    07/12/2017 2:17 am

I love this topic, challenge of the day is Cheeky. I agree on what Elbert said “if you take life seriously you’ll never get out of it alive” that’s so true. So I always try to stay positive and jolly no matter what happens.

8. Heather Winget (@Heatherwinget56) permalink
    07/12/2017 3:26 am

Interesting photography and very impressive quotes, Kids, animals, faces in inanimate objects and amusing signs all look very interesting. Thank you for sharing the quotes and pictures.

9. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    07/12/2017 3:31 am

Love those decorations!! The puppy pulling at Santa’s pants had me laughing for a few minutes. Happy holidays!

10. Pooja Kawatra Gupta permalink
    07/12/2017 4:03 am

When I read the topic that first thought was my cheeky kids and so true things look rosy and cheeky when they belong to others.

11. thenafranssen permalink
    07/12/2017 4:41 am

Totally love this photo challenge. I think you nailed it with the cat look…and the pup yanking on Santa!

12. Glitter On A Dime permalink
    07/12/2017 5:21 am

Cute photos. I’ve never done a photo challenge but it sounds like fun!

13. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    07/12/2017 6:43 am

Those are really quirky statues! And being cheeky is fine from time to time. 🙂

14. newskira permalink
    07/12/2017 8:04 am

Loved your post. It is so sad that people start laughing at someone’s situation without realizing that they can also face same situation in life. And it is not funny.

15. AnnMarie John permalink
    07/12/2017 8:30 am

These images are too adorable! Kids and pets are the perfect example for a theme like this! I have four kids and three cats and it can get really hilarious and crazy at home!

16. twocraftygalsblog permalink
    07/12/2017 9:08 am

I love the dog pulling down Santa’s pants!! So fun!!

17. Shalama Jackson permalink
    07/12/2017 9:40 am

Cheeky by itself makes me think of things in jest. Or as so many people show on IG, their butt. Turn your cheek.

18. Carol Cassara permalink
    07/12/2017 9:55 am

I needed a fun post like this today to lighten up my mood! Thank you! It’s been a rough week and seeing the funny side of life definitely makes it easier.

19. Indu permalink
    07/12/2017 9:57 am

Being cheeky is often considered little rude or showing no respect. But this is not so. This is all about adding humor. As rightly said in your motivation tip, “Laugh a little, laugh a lot… Humor heals.”

20. Ithfifi permalink
    07/12/2017 10:12 am

I think you’ve nailed cheeky to perfection with the collection of pictures, I am loving each one. The female statue is cheeky and playful!

21. joyouslyjess permalink
    07/12/2017 10:13 am

Haha I love the Santa/dog yard blow up! Are those statues around where you live? They would be cool to check out

22. Quirky Homemaker (@QuirkyHomemaker) permalink
    07/12/2017 11:09 am

I love the comments with this one, especially the Anthony Burgess & Theodore Roosevelt ones. Santa almost got a little cheeky there, didn’t he? 😉

23. Jessica Hughes permalink
    07/12/2017 1:28 pm

You have some really cute “cheeky” photos for this one. I really like the one of Santa’s buns, so cute! We can all use a little irreverence in our world each day!

24. lucicoo permalink
    07/12/2017 4:03 pm

All of these photos are so cheeky. I have to find some photos that I’ve take throughout the years that are unique.

25. roadtowajnblom permalink
    07/12/2017 5:02 pm

It’s true! Sometimes I get in my own head and get self conscious.. and forget that life really isn’t that serious! PS – that kitty is too cute!

26. Melanie Poulos Walsh permalink
    07/12/2017 7:20 pm

It’s always good to take a break from finding things so seriously. Love the things you found that fit in the category cheeky. The Santa is perfect for this time of year.

27. newskira permalink
    07/12/2017 7:30 pm

I don’t take life seriously because life is too short to waste it like that. I love the fun part of my life.

28. ankit permalink
    07/12/2017 11:02 pm

Though photo seems to be funny but they really have a character..i would like to share some cheeky photos

29. nicoleflintkontrol permalink
    08/12/2017 12:06 am

I love the photo of the dog pulling down Santa’s pants. Hilarious!! I love the collage you have put together for this word.

30. kylie cre8tone permalink
    08/12/2017 2:35 am

So cheeky and cute.. I like the little santa and the cute cute meow kitty cat… So nice!

31. drewandtrishstravelsandadventures permalink
    08/12/2017 2:48 am

Love the photo of Santa and the dog! If I could find that near me I would get it. What a great reminder to not take life too seriously!

32. Ellie Plummer permalink
    08/12/2017 3:02 am

I love that inflatable Santa, great decoration for this time of year. I like the quote you used from Mark Twain.

33. helene dsouza permalink
    08/12/2017 5:02 am

I just love the way you use different quotes in your article … egich brings alot of beauty in your articles ..
    Im pleased to read such a lovely article
    Thanks for such a lovely post
    The photography is just perfect and also the theme..

34. acheerymind permalink
    08/12/2017 7:31 am

I think my favorite of all those images you share is definitely the dog pulling off Santa’s pant 🙂 I find this so cute and funny at the same time!

35. brigettedanielle permalink
    08/12/2017 7:52 am

“Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.” Will Rogers
    This is definitely one of the most honest quotes I have ever heard. I like this assortment of pictures. Especially the turkey hat! It is so silly.

36. ruthie ridley permalink
    08/12/2017 8:28 am

HAHAH! These photos are so cute!!!

37. Amanda permalink
    08/12/2017 8:47 am

I always love when people are a little cheeky. It is so fun to inject some light heartedness into what can at many times be a dark and dismal world.

38. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    08/12/2017 11:00 am

Oh my goodness. Can you just imagine if people did not learn to appreciate a litte humor in their lives? How dreary the world would have been if that happens! Life is too short to be grumpy all t he time. Find humor in everything and live a happier life.

39. Nati permalink
    08/12/2017 11:24 am

Awesome! many of your quotes made me laugh out loud! I do appreciate humor, specially wording and ambiguity. But It is true I find it hard to be funny myself and I take everything with way too much seriousness.

40. Ana Ojha permalink
    08/12/2017 12:48 pm

I loved this photo challenge! One should not take life too seriously. I loved that Santa and the dog pic. Where did you find it?

41. Nicole Anderson | Camping for Women permalink
    08/12/2017 1:19 pm

This post really made me smile a lot. There were so many great quotes here said by some great and famous people. Not only entertaining, but these are quite timeless and make us reflect in a positive way. Quite uplifting.

42. Nicole Anderson permalink
    08/12/2017 1:19 pm

43. Wendy Polisi permalink
    08/12/2017 1:26 pm

I love how lighthearted this post was. I’ve not used the word cheeky a lot!

44. Adrianne Betz permalink
    08/12/2017 1:29 pm

I love the word cheeky, in general. Such a fun word that exhibits a fun point of view.

45. PaulaMS permalink
    08/12/2017 1:48 pm

Love the Santa and dog inflatable. I never saw it before. It brought a smile to my face.

46. Preet@thevelvetlife permalink
    08/12/2017 3:41 pm

This is so right, I like all the quotes you mentioned. We do take life seriously, keep the angers and grudges whole our life, sometimes realize and other times they go with us until we are alive, life is too short to be not happy about it.

47. wonderstrucklife permalink
    08/12/2017 5:09 pm

Oh my goodness! That picture with the dog pulling down Santa’s pants is hilarious!

48. thefashionwanderer permalink
    08/12/2017 5:23 pm

Humor definitely heals! I agree! Haha I love the center photo of Santa Claus and ripped pants hehehe! I love all your photos! They made my day and get to enjoy my weekend! Great post!

49. thetennisfoodie permalink
    09/12/2017 12:50 am

I find these photos really funny! Very challenging and unique too! Made me laugh! – Emmanuel Damian

50. Corinne and Kirsty permalink
    09/12/2017 3:33 am

True that we always laugh when someone fall but not when it is us. That cat is amazing! Loving that face ahah

51. Rosey permalink
    09/12/2017 6:55 am

That first one defines cheeky. I guess even Santa gets into a pinch every now and again. 😉

52. nbosken permalink
    09/12/2017 10:21 am

Cheeky is such a good word. I’ve been called that. I like to have fun and joke around. I just make sure that my jokes are harming no one first. This usually means I just make fun of myself.

53. flora_the_sweaterist permalink
    09/12/2017 10:51 pm

Featuring a cat is the best possble way to make people feel happy! I love that ginger beauty on the photos ❤

54. Deb B. permalink
    10/12/2017 12:19 am

Ha!!! We love cheeky! My daughter is constantly cheeky so we have a lot of fun capturing moments with her involved. She keeps things light and I can learn a lot from her. The santa photo in the post is my fave btw!

55. martin shajan permalink
    10/12/2017 3:43 am

there photos are so funny and nice. In day today life the Elbert Hubbard quotes mentioned by you in this article “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” is very relevant. i loved the caption cheeky!!!

56. 10/12/2017 4:39 am

Now I gotcha! so this is a challenge and you interpret the ‘cheekiness’ surrounding you;) Well, from everything you’ve posted I can see you managed to capture the very definition of the word:D

57. Monique Elise permalink
    10/12/2017 5:14 am

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the term cheeky used in this way haha. But now I want to keep an eye out for a random cat or bird in my neighborhood that looks peculiar.

58. Becca permalink
    10/12/2017 5:55 am

What a handsome cat! I love the picture of him laying across the laptop – cats always seem to have a way of knowing the most inconvenient place for them to sleep!

59. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    10/12/2017 11:07 am

Sharing a funny sign on the door of a convenience store – “We will not accept credit cards today. Come back tomorrow.” And that sign has been there everyday since the store opened business. Never fails to make me smile every time I pass by it.

60. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    10/12/2017 11:20 am

It is in finding humor in those unusual and irreverent things that make our days brighter and our burdens lighter. Despite all our worries, we must never forget to smile and be thankful for what we have.

61. Chelsea Elizabeth permalink
    10/12/2017 1:50 pm

I absolutely love that. Get your facts first then distort them as you please.

What a very cheeky Santa too! Your photo made me giggle to myself.

62. Darlene Dee permalink
    10/12/2017 6:17 pm

Is that your cat? He or she sure likes to get into some interesting places lol. And I hope that Santa is in your yard. It’s hilarious!

63. chewoutloud permalink
    10/12/2017 6:30 pm

Super fun for this week! At a time when I may be busily juggling so many things, it’s good to remember not to take it all too seriously and remember the true reason for the season!

64. itsnadianelson permalink
    10/12/2017 8:30 pm

This is a “cheeky” collection of photos. All sparking a little humor. My favorites are the Santa, the turkey mask, and the statue pushing its own head in the ground. Thanks for the laugh.

65. Paige Flamm permalink
    10/12/2017 8:59 pm

These photos are all pretty funny! My husband snorted when he saw the santa inflatable one!

66. angelalambert7 permalink
    10/12/2017 9:18 pm

Omg this is such a fun post!! I love all the photos!!

67. Laura Charles permalink
    10/12/2017 9:37 pm

I love this week’s theme! The fact that you were able to even capture these pictures truly nailed it. I love how fitting the quotes are for this cheeky theme! This is great work!

68. toastycritic permalink
    10/12/2017 10:13 pm

Hahaha! I have to admit that I love the photos. The one with the dog pulling down Santas pants made me laugh. I don’t think Oreo would do that. I think he would be disappointed that Santa didn’t take him along for a ride.

69. Edith Rodriguez permalink
    10/12/2017 10:47 pm

These pictures are great! My favorite is the Santa one. Definitely a type of Christmas decoration I’d put up since I enjoy humorous things. 🙂 So true, best to just laugh at stuff!

70. franckxethee permalink
    10/12/2017 11:01 pm

I always associate being cheeky with cute. The cheeks does look adorable.

71. forkwardthinkingfoodinista permalink
    11/12/2017 12:21 am

I love the Will rogers quote “Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.” This is so true and sadly can be at peoples expense x

72. Bhushavali permalink
    11/12/2017 5:35 am

The sculpture of the doggy pulling Santa’s pants is soo soo cheeky!! I’m reminded of those cheeky selfies!

73. Agnes Vazhure permalink
    11/12/2017 6:32 am

Oh!! This is such a great and interesting post. Such a cute and funny photo collage. I think it says that we all have a fun and great time with our family this Holiday season.

74. Amanda Seghetti permalink
    11/12/2017 7:15 am

Hahahaha ok that picture of Santa with his pants coming down made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that giggle on a Monday morning!

75. tchandler52 permalink
    11/12/2017 8:04 am

Cool photos. It looks like you are always getting shots of the cat when he/she is ready to take a nap.

76. Ana Vukosavljevic permalink
    11/12/2017 8:10 am

I love these photos as well with the message behind it! We should all take life less seriously and try to laugh and make jokes as much as possible.

77. Kyla Matton Osborne permalink
    11/12/2017 8:20 am

I love the cat in the bag! They love to crawl into bags, boxes, and anywhere that’s warm, don’t they?

78. Yeah Lifestyle permalink
    11/12/2017 9:11 am

Haha these are super cheeky photos, loved looking at everyone of them

79. Serena Hale permalink
    11/12/2017 9:36 am

I pass a lot of cheeky stuff every day and did not know it was a “thing”. I may take part next time.

80. waitingforrain28 permalink
    11/12/2017 10:21 am

I think the best fit for the “cheeky” challenge is the kitties. 😛 They are always so cute and cheeky.

1. Cheeky: Cappuccino – What's (in) the picture?
  2. WPC: Cheeky Monkey | Lillie-Put