Photo Challenge: View From Windows

27/09/2017

“Let there be many windows to your soul, that all the glory of the world may beautify it.” Ella Wheeler Wilcox

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. Dale Carnegie

For this week’s photo challenge on – WINDOWS – I decided to share photos I took from different locations through different types of windows. They were shot from either a car window, a building, a train or a plane, and the plural is indicative of the range and variety of settings. I hope you like them. Come back for more and enjoy the poems.

View From My Window by Jack Horne via poetrysoup.com
I survey the wintry-looking landscape
rain lashes the window pane
and the garden is soaked

The bare trees, rose thorns and holly bushes
seem to look sad as they stand
upon the soggy lawn

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

The View From My Windows

People are like stained – glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

The View From My Window by Bleeding Heart via poemhunter.com
From My Window…
What I see…
Thousands of stars…
The Midnight sky…
The Full Moon…
A world so beautiful…
That was so ordinary…
But when covered in darkness…
A Panorama…
A sight I could look at forever…
The View from My Window

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – WINDOWS –  Your inspiration this week is windows. Use a window to frame your shot. Show us what you see out the window from the place where you usually blog, use a window to give structure to your photo, or make a window itself your subject. You know what else can be a great frame? An actual frame — a window frame. I look forward to exploring this topic through your photos!

Positive Motivation Tip: Windows open our eyes to the world… Pay attention

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. 27/09/2017 5:41 pm

I enjoyed looking through your windows and marvel how you accompany your images with thoughtful quotes! Always a standout.

2. eclectickristal permalink
    27/09/2017 8:33 pm

My apartment does not have windows. I mean I do have a sliding door not the same as a window.

3. Kristen from The Road to Domestication permalink
    27/09/2017 8:42 pm

If you think about it, several people can stand at the same window and see different things. That’s kind of cool! Great concept for this post!

4. Ithfifi permalink
    28/09/2017 12:24 am

What an amazing idea! You’ve taken some aawesome pictures through windows, I can normally only capture a glare! I like the bird picture, very pretty!

5. letstravelandeatblog1 permalink
    28/09/2017 1:45 am

love the views.. I remember, when I was young I was dreaming to have a 3 storey house.. where I can view everything around me.. whenever I’m on high buildings I feel so amazed looking on the windows watching the view.. It makes me feel so relaxed..

6. Nawal permalink
    28/09/2017 2:13 am

I absolutely love your blog!

7. MyVeteranWoman permalink
    28/09/2017 4:31 am

Love the photo of the bird! The colors are stunning!

8. Kelly permalink
    28/09/2017 6:30 am

I love that poem! I often catch myself day dreaming out my window and just watching the world go by. It’s such a peaceful activity to do and it helps recenter myself and re-energize my creativity for work!

9. keisha1989 permalink
    28/09/2017 7:00 am

Wow. I am going to also take part in this week’s photo challenge. I really love the message. I love how you made them into a grid, looking like a huge window with different view. I also love that quote by Dale Carnegie.

10. Cia Black permalink
    28/09/2017 9:45 am

Its great to be able to see the view from where you write you blogs, I can see how they can create such a serene visual setting for your mind to ponder out its thoughts.

11. Jeuelle permalink
    28/09/2017 12:18 pm

what a unique post idea! this gives me some ideas for creative posts… 🙂

12. nawal permalink
    28/09/2017 12:23 pm

That is such an awesome concept and the photos look great, seriously great post !!

13. Jessica Hughes permalink
    28/09/2017 3:06 pm

I really love the Dale Carnegie quote. It’s so true that so many people are dreaming of far-off and future occurrences to stop and enjoy all of the beautiful and wonderful things right in front of them.

14. rbekhajblog permalink
    28/09/2017 3:12 pm

I really loved this post. I loved that you included some quotes throughout the post; it was a very nice touch. The pictures are incredible too!

15. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    28/09/2017 3:29 pm

Some of those pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love the one with the bird most. How true the things we could see if we opened our heart and soul.

16. Liz permalink
    28/09/2017 5:37 pm

Photo challenges are so fun! It’s always neat to see the world through a certain challenge.

17. Queens of Virtue permalink
    28/09/2017 6:36 pm

Everything about this post, from the quote at the beginning, to the beautiful poems…was simply amazing!

18. DrKLeeBanks permalink
    28/09/2017 7:04 pm

Now this is a neat idea! It’s amazing what kinds of sights await us outside our windows if we take time to see them! Your photo collage also reminds me of attic window quilt designs!

19. Novels of Lan permalink
    28/09/2017 9:40 pm

I was impressed. So exciting images and I’m also a poet-lover. Many thanks from “Novels of Lan”!

20. lucicoo permalink
    28/09/2017 10:01 pm

Great shots. I love taking pictures through a window from my house or when I am in a car. It sometimes can be difficult to get the right shot but its worth it in the end.

21. Himanshu permalink
    29/09/2017 12:26 am

Such a wonderful post. Quite interesting.

22. OhCarol permalink
    29/09/2017 2:57 am

These photos look amazing, you always get the best view. You definitely have a good eye!

23. Le-an Lai Angeles Lacaba permalink
    29/09/2017 3:54 am

This is such a great set of photos! I can’t imagine working somewhere without windows; they give motivation when I need a final push!

24. Jason Panuelos permalink
    29/09/2017 3:58 am

I always liked the concept of views from windows because it’s like a photo of a photo because the window frames it for you. Lovely! 😀

25. My Travelogue by Bhushavali permalink
    29/09/2017 4:11 am

Wow! That’s some awesome shots! I’m always happy when I get to have a room with a fantastic window view when I stay in hotels! Esp reminds me of one when I had view of mountains from my window!

26. Tammy A permalink
    29/09/2017 5:28 am

Some of the most beautiful architecture I have seen are different style of windows. There is so much to see out of them.

27. Joanna permalink
    29/09/2017 5:30 am

I love watching on the window every time I go to a different place. I like watching the people passing by, I like to watch the daily life of the locals, I like to watch the city lights.

28. Venus Fitness-Shannon permalink
    29/09/2017 8:18 am

I have never heard that . Elisabeth Kubler-Ross quote, beautiful. I love your choice of photos.

29. nadaliebardo permalink
    29/09/2017 8:54 am

I love this. I am inspired to change my perspective when I go shooting outside. I really liked this!

30. Kelly Reci permalink
    29/09/2017 9:06 am

Wow!!! Those picture and views looks so amazing. You really amazed me with your captures and shot.

31. dawnwairimu permalink
    29/09/2017 9:34 am

gorgeous shots. i love the perspective in each of these photographs. and also the colors. something about them seem very peaceful.

32. Jojo Hua permalink
    29/09/2017 10:09 am

Well this is beautiful! I love how you used the metaphor for “window” to mean the window to our soul. These photos are also really creative. Always love these photo challenge posts.

33. junejewels permalink
    29/09/2017 12:58 pm

Wish I had these views when I look outside my window. I love the quotes you choose to accompany the images. They fit so well and are inspiring 🙂

34. Sian Lifts Weights permalink
    29/09/2017 1:32 pm

That quote you have used is absolutely beautiful, really hit home. I love this, the pictures are all gorgeous

35. rhianwestbury permalink
    29/09/2017 1:57 pm

Lovely images, such nice contrasts of what you see from windows x

36. carleenp permalink
    29/09/2017 2:21 pm

Lots of nice photos! I like using a window to frame photos, it adds a nice interesting touch to them.

29/09/2017 4:45 pm

I love looking out windows when I am inside a building. A window gives us another view of something, even if it is a familiar object or scene. A window is my favorite part of a house.

38. Jhilmil permalink
    29/09/2017 7:45 pm

Interesting Photo challenge, view from the window has so much to offer, from animals, bids to nature , even some colourful lives and buildings. Great post

39. Tasheena @SimplyTasheena.com permalink
    29/09/2017 8:23 pm

You have a great collection of photography. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on this topic.

40. franckxethee permalink
    29/09/2017 8:34 pm

I like the photo from windows perspective. It can really make you appreciate that there is beauty outdoors.

41. ktmommyscene permalink
    29/09/2017 10:51 pm

It’s so interesting to consider how other people see the world. Everyone is looking through their own “window”. I love your photos too, so many different views!

42. chewoutloud permalink
    29/09/2017 11:12 pm

This post reminds me of when I went through a rough season, and I spent a lot of time at home, looking out the windows. Such different perspectives during various seasons of our lives. Windows are both beautiful and happy, yet also bittersweet at times. No wonder they are such a popular creative expression.

43. Tanvi Rastogi (@Tanviidotcom) permalink
    29/09/2017 11:30 pm

Firstly I love these pictures you featured in the collage. I love taking pictures through the frame of the windows.

p.s. what a great quote – “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” Sydney J. Harris

44. maria magdalena (@invinitelearn) permalink
    30/09/2017 12:13 am

I like to see the world through my window. Your photos are beautiful, especially the one with yellow lights.

45. Linda permalink
    30/09/2017 3:09 am

What a great project! There are so many wonderful views when we look outside the window, it’s great to have such collection

46. London Mumma permalink
    30/09/2017 4:04 am

I really like the idea of this, snapping what you can see, just from your window, be it at home or even the office.

47. Brandy (@brandyellen) permalink
    30/09/2017 5:43 am

What a fun photo challenge, I love seeing views from windows. There is so much to see outside in our world and you captured it wonderfully.

48. Summer Mitch Ryan permalink
    30/09/2017 7:13 am

View from windows reminds me of one thing and one thing only – me watching rain and raindrops. Up until now I have a thing with watching rain outside and raindrops drip on the window.

49. worldinfourdays permalink
    30/09/2017 9:49 am

I love doing photo challenges. My only issue is I can never seem to complete them. I always forget to bring my camera with me and phone is always so full I never have space. Anyways I do want to start doing this more because then my pics will get better. The pic of the empire state building is nice…truly is a nice view.

50. Vanessa Delia permalink
    30/09/2017 12:46 pm

What a great photo challenge and so many great photos. I’ll have to snap a pic outside my own window today.

51. kalliamanika permalink
    30/09/2017 12:47 pm

I love birds (i believe the red one is a red cardinal?) and all your pictures have that feel of a window to a soul. We always need to take a moment and see what is out there and not be focused only at small, sometimes wearing us down, things!

52. Depression No More! permalink
    30/09/2017 7:01 pm

As always, I love the photos. Our eyes are the windows to our soul. I missed this daily prompt and I like what you’ve done with it. Thank for the poems too!

53. Anna permalink
    30/09/2017 11:56 pm

I absolutely loved the quotes. Also, this is a unique photo challenge, what an idea! You did well it seems, Great captures 🙂

54. Eileen permalink
    01/10/2017 8:25 am

This is an interesting post about Windows. I often hear the saying, “The eyes are the window to the soul” and I guess that is so true. You can easily read a person’s feelings just by looking at their eyes.. On the topic of windows, I wish we had a better view of the outside.If I had my way, I would opt for floor to ceiling windows. It just makes me feel glad to be able to see clearly without any obstruction.

55. Ebrian Fox permalink
    01/10/2017 8:32 am

Beautiful captured pictures and loving the poem. The bird is the best shot so far.

56. deethomson permalink
    01/10/2017 10:37 am

I love this – it’s amazing what you see when you take the time to look out the window in a different place. Bringing all of those together really makes you enjoy the experiences!

57. helerinablogs permalink
    01/10/2017 12:27 pm

As always I love your interpretation of the theme. I love the little bird and the coloured tower, they’re both gorgeous things to see through your windows.

58. Star harford permalink
    01/10/2017 12:43 pm

I really like the idea of using windows in photos. You can almost potray a persons thoughts by looking out of their window

59. lavandamichelle permalink
    01/10/2017 1:25 pm

When my husband asked me to marry him he said he looked through my eyes and SW the window to my soul. When we take road trips, he often take backroad so we can enjoy our surroundings. Windows are everywhere and we to really pay attention.

60. Tatiana Sieff permalink
    01/10/2017 1:59 pm

Gorgeous photos, Elizabeth. I try to make myself feel as inspired as I can with an office that’s in the basement – my view isn’t so glam! Reminds me to get up and about a bit more. I can see the whole London skyline from the top rooms in my house.. I need to take more advantage!

61. toastycritic permalink
    01/10/2017 4:17 pm

Those are some beautiful pictures of windows. I love the idea that there is a window to your soul. And certainly out of windows we see things in life. Very cool prompt.

62. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    01/10/2017 5:58 pm

Sometimes, when my mind get too cluttered, all I have to do sit look out the window and I feel refreshed. Now that fall is here, the beautiful colors of the season are such a wonderful sight to see.

63. Acupofassamtea permalink
    01/10/2017 6:14 pm

This is a beautiful thought. I know so many beautiful moments pass by through our windows on a regular basis without notice. It would be wonderful to take a moment to appreciate all that.

64. Blair Villanueva permalink
    01/10/2017 7:04 pm

In the office where we have a huge glass window, i always enjoy taking photo mostly aerial shots. Its stunning.

65. uprunforlife permalink
    01/10/2017 7:36 pm

Windows are the doorway to the soul in my opinion. I love all the beautiful windows that you shared.

66. Shannon permalink
    01/10/2017 8:08 pm

I have never seen a cardinal before, a beautiful shot to match your beautiful words.

67. Adaleta Avdić permalink
    01/10/2017 8:22 pm

Oh what this is very cool, what an interesting perspective to have the photos looking out of windows, I love it!

68. Bianca A. Nunez permalink
    01/10/2017 9:26 pm

I always somehow love windows , Although those can say that eyes are windows to the soul I do believe that windows hold so much of a significance in our lives. And sometimes they can hold so much emotion , from pain to pride.

69. lexieanimetravel permalink
    02/10/2017 3:51 am

I love how words of this people makes sense, especially about human nature. Yes indeed we tend to search something else more, searching for something that we don’t have that others have instead of just enjoying what we have. Honestly this message should be pass on cause It would make some people out there think twice about their goals and ambition in life. thanks for sharing this wonderful gallery! my favorite one is that humming pink bird view from a window.

70. bethanyymac permalink
    02/10/2017 4:30 am

Some beautiful pictures and a great concept! I especially like the one of the empire star building!

71. Chei Pangan permalink
    02/10/2017 5:48 am

I agree with it. Why dream of something to far when there is a thing beyond your reach. Always learn to see the beauty that’s right infront of your eyes.

72. TColeman permalink
    02/10/2017 5:50 am

I am really loving the analogy here and the way that windows can seriously hold so much for us. They always say that there is a window to people’s souls and thoughts. I believe that.

73. Hunter S. Jones permalink
    02/10/2017 6:01 am

Your photos rock! I love following your blog, seeing the beautiful pics and the meaningful poems. It’s always so insightful and inspirational. Thank you!

74. Adelaide Marshall (@MrsAMarshallx) permalink
    02/10/2017 8:24 am

Lovely photos! I love looking out of our windows because we live opposite a field, it’s beautiful.

75. Rebecca Swenor permalink
    02/10/2017 10:11 am

This is an awesome post on windows. I believe that windows can be the heart to everything beautiful. You can look out an window and see every detail of everything if you look. Thanks for sharing the awesome photos and the poems.

76. jmsterb permalink
    02/10/2017 3:44 pm

I love views that are framed with windows. It always looks like a gateway to somewhere. My favorite computer background is actually that scene from a movie where there’s the whole wall of windows at the top of a sky scraper and a guy standing in front of it.

77. Keeping Up With Candy permalink
    02/10/2017 5:33 pm

You know, I NEVER knew you took your own photos. You did a really great job. Now hat I know, I plan to look more closely at the photos! Great job!

78. rochkirstin permalink
    02/10/2017 5:33 pm

Taking photos of the landscape views from the window is an interesting take from the eye of the photographer. I always do it from our hotel window when traveling.

79. thenafranssen permalink
    02/10/2017 9:50 pm

Very cool photos, love seeing things through windows like that. You did a great job getting some wonderful shots!!

80. Sin Yee permalink
    02/10/2017 10:10 pm

Beautiful shots! I love taking photos through the window too. It is the “organic” framing. Instead of frame with camera, just shot the window framing. HAHAH

81. stylevicksen permalink
    02/10/2017 10:17 pm

The quote by Sydney Harris was beautiful! I Love the photo with the little red bird (robin?). Very nice post and photos!

82. shubhadabhide permalink
    03/10/2017 11:28 am

Beautiful collage of pics here! I agree…we should just take a pause and watch out of the window…Life is beautiful when we open the windows of the mind.

83. Fabiola Zefi permalink
    03/10/2017 11:35 am

The title of this post is so captivating and thought provoking. I have the most stunning view from my windows of the ocean and gigantic Canadian mountains. I often forget to even look outside. Love all the shots you used.

84. Ruthie Ridley (@RuthieRidley) permalink
    03/10/2017 12:47 pm

LOVE this post!! So many beautiful photos!!

85. Oyinkan permalink
    03/10/2017 6:05 pm

I like looking at Windows in buildings. Usually so pretty & aesthetically pleasing.

86. Shawna permalink
    03/10/2017 7:43 pm

Windows are everywhere we go and there is just so much in this world to see. Our eyes are also windows to our souls. 😉 This challenge is lovely and your photography is spectacular!

87. Drake Conan permalink
    03/10/2017 10:23 pm

Those picture looks so beautiful. The view from windows is really awesome. Nice shot.

88. eclectickristal permalink
    03/10/2017 10:44 pm

All of these pictures are beautifully done and I think it is a great idea to take a look from a different impact.

89. Rose Ann Sales permalink
    03/10/2017 11:57 pm

What a beautiful view in that window. I love seeing a lot of beautiful things on the window. It feels so good and relaxing !

90. Tiffany Yong permalink
    04/10/2017 7:40 am

I like looking out of windows as they often show a view that is restricted yet so wide. The limitations somehow gave me a wide imagination of the possibilities out there…

91. Stella Evans | The Smoothie Vegetarians permalink
    04/10/2017 8:03 am

Absolutely beautiful! I love challenges like this, really makes you think out of the box!

92. The_Queen_of_Style (@PJ_Gach_Editor) permalink
    04/10/2017 2:57 pm

You have a painterly eye. I really enjoy your photographs and your themes. Keeps me interested…and thinking!

93. momglenz permalink
    04/10/2017 8:33 pm

Such great photos you have here! I loved all of them.

94. Anne Dela Cruz permalink
    04/10/2017 10:06 pm

The views from windows are totally beautiful and awesome. I really like the photos of the white and red bird and the yellow cab.

95. Anne Dela Cruz permalink
    06/10/2017 7:01 pm

Wow!! I think I need to change my perspective. I am really inspired and amazed. Those pictures view in the window looks so beautiful.

96. Deb B. permalink
    07/10/2017 9:24 pm

Your perspective is so unique and creative. It makes me want to stop what I’m doing, look through all the windows of all the places I frequent in town, and take a shot. Beautiful stuff my friend!

1. Windows | What's (in) the picture?
  2. WPC: Outside My Window | Lillie-Put