Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant

20/05/2016

“We should be jubilant about our successes but not to the point we get reckless or careless.” Bob Bonde

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant - Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant – Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant - Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant – Spring to summer garden flora

Feel Jubilant – Poem by Bernard F. Asuncion
A-bout to break is the day,
N-ot until the cold night is over;
G-ood view of the new morn
E-ases the load on your shoulder.
L-ong night chill has turned
I-nto a one warm sunny day;
C-rimson sky up above
A-dds bright light on your way.
Contd below

For this exercise, I chose to celebrate the garden blooms and the slow but sure arrival of summer soon. Enjoy!
More below!

“In Spanish, the word for retirement is jubilación. Jubilation. Celebration.” Isabel Allende

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant - Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant – Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant - Spring to summer garden flora

Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant – Spring to summer garden flora

Feel Jubilant – Poem by Bernard F. AsuncionContd
E-ach and every joyful friend
L-ikes to share the happiness;
E-veryone wants to send to you
G-ood greetings and warm wishes.
A-nticipate the special moment,
D-ay six of the second month;
O-ne of the best events this year that will make you feel jubilant.
Bernard F. Asuncion

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Photo Challenge: Jubilant  Jubilant, adjective: showing great joy, satisfaction, or triumph; rejoicing; exultant. See also:The photo gives me a sense of that joy, even while I know that it captures only a fraction of her emotion. Let’s all end this week on a high note, with images that say jubilant.

Positive Motivation Tip:  Celebrate all the things that make you feel jubilant!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos copyrighted and from my Personal Collection

1. Terri Ramsey Beavers permalink
    20/05/2016 3:01 pm

You’re so right. We should never be jubilant to the point of being reckless. We should rejoice without over rejoicing. I love the photos you selected for this photo challenge.

2. Cindy Ingalls permalink
    20/05/2016 3:06 pm

I’m feeling very jubilant today. Love celebrating Friday and looking forward to a fun filled weekend.

3. Cara (@StylishGeek) permalink
    20/05/2016 3:07 pm

The word jubilant comes to me and is often used around the Christmas holiday and on Easter. However, I would love to remind myself that this can be used to express at any time during any mundane day of the year too! Thanks for sharing those inspiring images! Love the flowers!

4. jmanandmillerbug permalink
    20/05/2016 3:36 pm

Jubilant I love this word! I wish we used it a lot more! Those flowers are beautiful! We should all stop and smell the flowers!

5. Carol Cassara (@ccassara) permalink
    20/05/2016 4:09 pm

Spring really is a jubilant season, with blooms bursting out in happy ways, as if they can’t contain themselves. Your images work well with your theme.

6. kassimortensen permalink
    20/05/2016 4:44 pm

Always so inspiring and happy!!! 🙂

7. sparkofsouthernmoms permalink
    20/05/2016 5:20 pm

Feeling Jubilant whenever I get a new follower or like on my blog! I am new at blogging, so everything is neat and exciting! I am thankful to everyone who helps me on this journey! As far as personal life, I am jubilant over most things that life has to offer. Being blessed in many ways and learning from the ways I should be doing better in.

8. Lana Slaybell permalink
    20/05/2016 6:19 pm

The pictures are really pretty! I love the flowers! Also, great poem! 😀

9. Liz Mays permalink
    20/05/2016 7:14 pm

I’m loving the pictures of flowers you chose for this challenge. Flowers blooming in our yard definitely make me feel happy.

10. rochkirstin permalink
    20/05/2016 7:31 pm

Success of one self wouldn’t be as great when it’s not shared with others. I like spreading joy onto others and seeing others happy is when real happiness comes in.

11. Adriana permalink
    20/05/2016 8:40 pm

Love that Bob Bonde quote! And those flowers – so gorgeous and great inspiration for a beautiful Friday!

12. mithriluna permalink
    20/05/2016 9:05 pm

Beautiful flower pictures.

13. saradwrites permalink
    20/05/2016 9:15 pm

What a lovely collection of florals. Jubilant is a great word. In the scriptures every 7 years, they would have jubilee which is kind of a forgiveness or celebration.

The indentured workers/slaves/prisoners would all be set free to go home, land that was taken for debt would be given back to the owners, and all debt would be wiped out.

14. amayachika permalink
    21/05/2016 12:31 am

Recently, I have been getting pictures of butterflies and plants. When I look at my album now, I feel FULFILLMENT and SATISFACTION. A kind of happiness that you keep forever.

15. Nicole Haas Etolen permalink
    21/05/2016 3:43 am

I love the photos you chose for jubilant. I also love the poem.

16. Karlyn Flores permalink
    21/05/2016 4:02 am

Wow, I love those flowers they look colorful.

17. Rachel Mouton permalink
    21/05/2016 7:00 am

These photos are beautiful! I am so ready for summer and all of the beautiful flowers ❤

18. Fred Hawson permalink
    21/05/2016 7:48 am

Nothing in nature expresses jubilation more vividly than bright colored flowers! You really have chosen the best possible things in this world to represent this theme.

19. Ryan Escat permalink
    21/05/2016 8:23 am

One of the things that make me jubilant is my family- my lovely wife and my clever son! They are just one of the things that are worth to celebrate!

20. 21/05/2016 10:08 am

I love your collection of flowers, and thanks for the Isabel Allende quote, I’d forgotten about her so I searched and I see she has a new book coming soon!

21. Jamie Yonash (@SweeterByDesign) permalink
    21/05/2016 10:16 am

I love that word…Jubilant! It is so descriptive and holds a lot of meaning. I think spring flowers do remind me of the word jubilant!

22. Angie@chasingmyhalo permalink
    21/05/2016 11:03 am

I love this! “Celebrate all the things that make you feel jubilant”. Okay!!

23. Choudry Nazma permalink
    21/05/2016 11:51 am

loving your weekly photo challange. I love these pictures.

24. sparkofsouthernmoms permalink
    21/05/2016 2:50 pm

Jubilant to me can be and should be over anything that gives one joy and happiness! A friend, parent or a loved one to a simple walk in the sunshine. It is all up to that person!

25. Michelle Mink (@lovemichelle89) permalink
    21/05/2016 5:11 pm

the images of the flowers make me so happy! i’m trying to think now of images i have that represent jubilant!

26. Kathy permalink
    21/05/2016 8:01 pm

Those flowers are beautiful! I think that flowers always make you feel joyful. They do for me anyways. I love them!

27. Alfonzowords permalink
    21/05/2016 8:46 pm

that’s so cool! to do a poem with the letters of a name hahha must try this

28. Amanda Love permalink
    21/05/2016 11:09 pm

I love that first quote. All this week I’ve been feeling jubilant but of course not to the point of recklessness. When I’m happy though, I want everyone to feel it.

29. Ana De Jesus permalink
    22/05/2016 12:47 am

Those flowers certainly made me feel jubilant, and I liked learning that retirement means to celebrate in Spanish.

30. Caitríona Mccormac permalink
    22/05/2016 3:51 am

I love the flowers so beautiful!

31. PrayerFull Mum permalink
    22/05/2016 5:49 am

I love how you tied in jubilance with celebrations, and then linked it up to garden blooms where we celebrate the arrival of summer. I also like the quote by Bob Bonde at the beginning of the post. Thanks for the reminder that we ought to be humble in our success.

32. Tonya Blackstone-Coleman permalink
    22/05/2016 7:23 am

Love celebrating being jubilant. Those photos bring me joy too.

33. Bhushavali permalink
    22/05/2016 10:23 am

When you say Jubilant my first thought is the Indian festival of colors Holi!

34. Dawn gibson-thigpen permalink
    22/05/2016 11:35 am

Thanks so much for sharing this. your post are always so inspirational. also i love the colors in the collage

35. Zwitsy permalink
    22/05/2016 1:50 pm

I really find your shots amazing. This time, the images of flowers you have here are so beautiful. Did you shot them personally?

36. Lisa Rios permalink
    22/05/2016 2:19 pm

Some gorgeous beautiful flowers that makes the word Jubilant come true. I love that wonderful poem by Bernard as well & I agree we need to make sure to celebrate all those things that make us feel jubilant. Thanks for inspiring.

37. Amer Phils permalink
    22/05/2016 3:17 pm

Lovely photos. Love the bright colors, makes me happy and reminds me of SUMMEr!

38. Natalie (@nataliemadeit) permalink
    22/05/2016 6:50 pm

The flowers are pretty the other picture triggers my vertigo, makes me dizzy. Learned a new word today.

39. Karlaroundtheworld | Karla permalink
    22/05/2016 7:19 pm

Those purple/violet flowers are all pleasant to my eyes. It is indeed, a reason for celebration and let’s all find other reasons to be happy!

40. Marielle Altenor permalink
    22/05/2016 9:00 pm

In French, jubilant is when someone is extremely joyful! The flowers surely makes me feel happiness!

Liked by 1 person

41. Colleen Boudreau (Collifornia) permalink
    27/05/2016 1:31 pm

Beautiful pictures!

1. Jubilant (Spring) | What's (in) the picture?
  2. Jubilant (Watering the Plants) | What's (in) the picture?