Choices: Where did Those 10,000 Hours Go?

07/06/2015

“You cannot succeed by yourself. It’s hard to find a rich hermit.” Jim Rohn
Have you read Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers: The Story of Success. How do you develop mastery? Where did your 10,000 hours go?

Coffee Cups: Revelations Can Come in all Sized Cups

Coffee Cups: Revelations Can Come in all Sized Cups

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Nelson Mandela

Small, Medium, Large Coffee: Revelations Can Come in all Sized Cups Small, Medium, Large Coffee: Revelations Can Come in all Sized Cups

Choices: Where did those 10,000 hours go? Recently, my good friend Susan and I were hanging out and chatting at her home. As we sipped cups of hot chocolate and coffee, we talked about the power of choice and how we exercise it in our lives, in our career paths, romantic partnerships, familial relationships, education and more. Why do some people live such large and expansive lives? How do some people find contentment somewhere in the middle? What makes others settle…

View original post 1,103 more words

1. 07/06/2015 5:20 pm

I just went back and read the original post. This so very helpful to me – thank you once again!

2. Catherine C. permalink
    07/06/2015 8:24 pm

10,000 hours is too short for me, because there is a lot of things that we can do for everything. First thing to do is travel around the world 🙂

3. Michelle hwee permalink
    07/06/2015 9:21 pm

What a interesting post. It really does make you think doesn’t it. I spend a good amount of time just pondering that thought, time really is of the essence isn’t it.

4. 07/06/2015 9:31 pm

Its hard sometime the hours goes so fast especially sipping hot chocolate & coffee. It is about the choice we make in life. Like your article concept . Thanks for sharing.

5. Me-Anne Palumar Bojador permalink
    08/06/2015 2:37 am

awww.. it’s true, you shouldn’t be in a bowl if you were meant for the ocean..

6. Rosey permalink
    08/06/2015 5:42 am

Settling just leads to everyone getting hurt later down the line. And that’s worse for everyone involved. We’ve all done it though, or at least most of us have…

7. Agata permalink
    08/06/2015 9:17 am

Lately I find it harder and harder to find the time for my friends… I must make more effort

8. R U S S permalink
    08/06/2015 2:36 pm

It’s difficult to be at the middle. For me, it makes a person somebody without resolve & standpoint. I find that dangerous because it tells me that if someone is like that, I can’t give my trust to that person. There’s power and freedom in making choices.

9. Ay Lin permalink
    08/06/2015 3:01 pm

Ha-ha. I also have that topic whenever my friends and I are hanging around. Perhaps, it is more of appreciating life and its wonders.

10. Rebecca Swenor permalink
    08/06/2015 3:45 pm

I love Nelson Mandela’s quote. It is so true and very inspiring indeed. It does so make you think about how you are living your life. Thanks for sharing.

11. The Trophy WifeStyle permalink
    08/06/2015 3:48 pm

When I was younger I worked a lot of promotions and one was for green mountain coffee! Great company & great products!

12. Chubskulit Rose permalink
    08/06/2015 4:18 pm

Time flies, that’s for sure. I find contentment with my family especially with my kids and husband.

13. SweetMemoirs permalink
    08/06/2015 6:21 pm

I agree, the choice is OURS to make. And we had to make a conscious effort to make a good one. 🙂

14. Nova permalink
    08/06/2015 8:38 pm

very nice topic, choices how do we really make a good choices for ourselves and for our family… we do have tough choices to make and some risky choice in order to live our life the way we want it to be.

15. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    08/06/2015 9:55 pm

I look not on how lavish others lives are. All I am after is every second of my life is spend wisely with my family.

16. Masshole Mommy permalink
    09/06/2015 4:14 pm

Some would call it the “american dream”. I am happy with my simple life.

17. JessicaACassidy permalink
    09/06/2015 4:25 pm

When you’re having fun time especially chatting to a friend, time is unlimited.

18. upliftingfam permalink
    09/06/2015 7:51 pm

It is amazing how quickly time flies especially after high school. I remember school taking forever some days and now I wish time would slow down. 🙂

19. 10/06/2015 9:13 am

Eliz, those same questions run through my mind everyday. I thought I was the only one. When I try to speak to anyone about it, they just roll their eyes. Too deep of a topic for most people to chat about.

20. Dawn McAlexander Crawford permalink
    13/06/2015 5:40 pm

Life is all about choices. If you take away people’s ability to choose, then you essentially make them slaves. There should be choices in everything that we do.

21. Willow permalink
    17/06/2015 11:29 am

Choices are a powerful thing. Making choices can change your life forever, and hopefully for the better!