Weekly Photo Challenge: ORANGE…

06/03/2015

“When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out – because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.” Wayne Dyer

Weekly Photo Challenge: ORANGE…

Google is my best friend and my worst enemy. It’s fabulous for research, but then it becomes addictive. I’ll have a character eating an orange, and next thing I’m Googling types of oranges, I’m visiting chat rooms about oranges, I’m learning the history of the orange. Liane Moriarty

“I like to peel it and share it with friends. You can spread the love with an orange.” Gina Rodriguez

Weekly Photo Challenge: ORANGE…

Latinos, Asians, African-Americans, women – we’re all trying to find our place in this world of cinema and television and theater. And the great thing with comedy is that most of the time, you could be orange. It doesn’t matter, as long you’re funny. Sandra Bullock

“My worst fashion faux pas: probably orange shoes with white pants. I thought I looked spectacular.” Kevin O’Leary

Weekly Photo Challenge: ORANGE…

If I feel really ugly or unhappy, sometimes I’ll choose bright colors so they’ll make me feel good. Yellows, pinks, light blues and orange. I just want to feel good all the time if I can. And colors and hairstyles and all that kind of helps out. Jill Scott

“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” Vincent Van Gogh

Weekly Photo Challenge: ORANGE…

Try not thinking of peeling an orange. Try not imagining the juice running down your fingers, the soft inner part of the peel. The smell. Try and you can’t. The brain doesn’t process negatives. Douglas Coupland

Hope you enjoyed this week’s serving. Do share your thoughts below! Thank you!

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. Check out how others interpreted the theme below.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange What’s not to love about orange? It’s vibrant. It’s cheerful. It makes a statement. It’s the perfect punctuation for a punchy photo.* This week, share a group of photos where orange is either the dominant color, or provides a bold highlight. Shoot for at least three photos, and look for different shades — bright neon, deep rusts, delicate peaches.Time for another multi-photo challenge! Wow us with punchy pops of orange.

Positive Motivation Tip:  Orange is a color that wakes me up and puts a smile on my face.  Find your cheerful colors and have them around you.  Go do it!

More Weekly Photo Challenge Posts

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my Personal Collection.

1. 06/03/2015 11:22 am

I didn’t really appreciate orange until I moved to Japan. Then, as with one of your quotes, it was the orange against blue of the torii that sold me. I will forever be reminded of Miyajima’s magic by that color combination. Aaaah.

Liked by 1 person

2. 06/03/2015 11:52 am

Such a positive, vibrant colour full of energy. What are the painted doors with an oriental type roof?

3. Masshole Mommy permalink
    06/03/2015 12:08 pm

I love the color orange. It reminds me of fall, which is my favorite season 🙂

4. Nancy permalink
    06/03/2015 12:08 pm

So many beautiful vibrant shades of orange. Pretty pics too.

5. 06/03/2015 12:40 pm

Wow!
    Orange.
    It’s lovely.
    Indeed, when we are squeezed, what comes out is what we’ve got inside of us.
    Nice combination of images and words!

• 06/03/2015 8:57 pm

Thank you so much. Lately, I’ve become lazy with adding my words to the photo challenge. I will make sure to do so here and also to last week’s challenge. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• teeceecounsel permalink
        06/03/2015 10:34 pm

This is awesome, and I’m sure it will keep getting more awesome with the additions.
        Cheers!

6. 06/03/2015 12:40 pm

Thats allot of orange.. lol The sunsets we haven’t seen many of them lately.. Those are some great pictures..

7. Shabby Chic Boho permalink
    06/03/2015 1:35 pm

Now “orange” you glad you had an orange challenge? I am loving all of your orange photos, orange is my color this year.

8. Barb permalink
    06/03/2015 2:34 pm

Orange is such a vibrant colour, it makes me just as vibrant – for instance, I feel so good and alive watching the sunrise in the morning!
    Love all your selections, so many different hues of orange.

• 06/03/2015 8:54 pm

It is one of my favorite colors and it has a strong and positive energy force to it. I love sunrise and sunset and it energizes me. Thank you for checking in! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

9. Ricci permalink
    06/03/2015 6:53 pm

Love all of your orange pics!! I am now hungry for oranges and I want to watch the sunset!

10. martha preston permalink
    06/03/2015 6:53 pm

I am not normally a fan of orange wearing it always makes me look like a pumpkin but the collection was so well put together that I am reconsidering that all together

11. Nanda Reis permalink
    06/03/2015 8:02 pm

I love your sunsets photos, they are stunning! I recognize the powerful energy from the colour orange but I’m going to be totally honest with you, it is not one of my favourite colours, maybe it is too strong for me.

12. 07/03/2015 2:36 am

I strongly suspect that if you squeezed me, cheese would come out, because I cannot resist the stuff. Once again, your thoughts provoke thoughts in me and I love the quotes you use

13. 07/03/2015 3:45 am

Great, powerful shots of orange – a powerful color. I love the Wayne Dyer quote. So true. Having been “squeezed” more often than I like to think about, I know it really does bring out what’s in there….

14. 07/03/2015 5:04 am

Stunning pics… 🙂
    Have a great weekend to you and yours.. !!

15. Jeanine permalink
    07/03/2015 6:12 am

What great photos to capture orange! It’s a great, bright and happy color! I love weekly Photo challenges but I’m so not good at keeping up with them!

16. leybainpublic permalink
    07/03/2015 7:05 am

That message/quote by Wayne Dyer is really thought provoking. Makes me think about what will come out of me when life is already squeezing every inch of me. Love the orange photos by the way. Awesome as always ELIZ!

17. Dhemz permalink
    07/03/2015 7:24 am

These are great collections of orange….I have a few orange pieces decors in my living room!

18. Ruby Caberte permalink
    07/03/2015 8:26 am

You always share beautiful pictures. I never liked orange but you made it worthwhile to see these beautiful pictures. Thank you so much.

19. Crystal permalink
    07/03/2015 9:03 am

Beautifully orange!

20. 07/03/2015 11:14 am

What a lovely set of images!

21. Chubskulit Rose permalink
    07/03/2015 11:16 am

Orange colors excites me and those are some beautiful ones! Love the sunset especially!

22. 07/03/2015 11:48 am

Oh. That’s a quote and a half about the squeeze. So true, and sometimes people don’t know what is really in them until they’re squeezed. I like orange. I have heard it’s a color that triggers hunger. I dunno… but I’m not painting the kitchen walls orange, just in case. 😉

23. Amby Felix permalink
    07/03/2015 12:25 pm

Beautiful message and now I want an orange. I loved this!

24. martinkadelux permalink
    07/03/2015 1:21 pm

Orange is my daughter’s favorite color! She just oood and ahhhhd for 20 minutes over your photos! Beautiful!

25. Krystal's Kitsch permalink
    07/03/2015 1:26 pm

I love taking photos of sunsets over the water. I’m lucky to live on the coast!

26. Kelly Hutchinson permalink
    07/03/2015 2:03 pm

What a fun challenge for the week! I love the different hues of orange you captured in the sunsets.

27. justamom permalink
    07/03/2015 5:21 pm

I love the color orange. It’s warm, yet not too bright. I also enjoy almost anything orange flavored- especially chocolate oranges.

28. Erica permalink
    07/03/2015 6:30 pm

Like your pictures. I’m not really an orange fan for some reason. More into the blue shades. Thank you for sharing.

29. 07/03/2015 6:42 pm

I love the color orange. It’s never been an out right favorite of mine, but I do like the color. I need to get more orange in my closet.

30. Carly Anderson permalink
    07/03/2015 7:24 pm

Those roses are stunning!

31. Beth permalink
    07/03/2015 7:25 pm

Orange is such a pretty color! Love the variety of shots you got here.

32. marly_ms permalink
    07/03/2015 8:38 pm

Awesome pictures. The sunsets are wonderful. I love capturing sunsets.

Mhar Sefcik

33. 07/03/2015 9:05 pm

I love the collage of orange images featured in this post. I like how the color can uplift the spirits and bring warmth into a room.

34. 07/03/2015 11:03 pm

So much love and research for the Orange, not just the pictures but every quote is very well thought of and well placed. So true you can spread love with an Orange… 🙂

35. 07/03/2015 11:24 pm

I have a friend who loves the colour orange and according to colour psychology, it means the person is warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant.He is also friendly, good-natured and a generally agreeable person.

36. 08/03/2015 6:20 am

I think orange is a color that’s highly underrated! In the last few years I have adopted “coral” as my favorite color. I just love all these photos.

37. tweenselmom permalink
    08/03/2015 7:35 am

Everything orange! What a warm color!

38. Bradley Finnearty permalink
    08/03/2015 8:28 am

Love the orange sunset over the lake with boat. Those types of images just take your imagination to a new place.

39. HilLesha permalink
    08/03/2015 3:44 pm

Beautiful pictures! Orange is such a fun and vibrant color, and like Cherri said, it is highly underrated.

40. yumeating permalink
    08/03/2015 3:46 pm

Those are all such great photos. Orange is one of my favorite colors. When I lived in OK, I lived in a college town for a very long time. Orange was the main color.

41. franckxethee permalink
    08/03/2015 7:04 pm

Sunset and sunrise is my favorite orange. It’s just majestic.

42. StylishGeekBlog.com permalink
    08/03/2015 8:58 pm

Fantastic photos of things orange! Love it! Thank you for sharing 🙂

43. 08/03/2015 10:03 pm

Stunning capture, Orange indeed is a memorable color especially in the morning. I love all of the images.

44. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    08/03/2015 10:59 pm

I am a sucker for sunrise/sunset photos. Orange is a an exciting if not as vibrant as red. good thing, I have an orange rose planted in our backyard.

45. Maria Rona Beltran permalink
    09/03/2015 1:32 am

“Orange is a color that wakes me up and puts a smile on my face. ” I second the motion. I love orange too. There’s something in this color that gives us a quick uplift of positive energy that is not too much compared of the red one.

Love the quotes you gathered for orange too 🙂 never knew how this color is soo much appreciated.

09/03/2015 6:09 am

Orange is a favorite color for me and my wife. In fact, our wedding motif was sunrise orange. I like pure orange, or that with more yellow than red. Great photos as usual. – Fred

47. Lynndee permalink
    09/03/2015 9:06 am

Wonderful collection! I like a little orange here and there. And I love that photo of the sunset, definitely stunning!

48. LifeAsAConvert permalink
    09/03/2015 12:41 pm

So many great pictures of orange. Off the top of my head I can’t think of things that I would picture, but I guess if I were intentionally looking then I could find plenty.

49. Don Martins permalink
    09/03/2015 1:00 pm

Orange is a fantastic colour and a fantastic fruit as well. Nice photo collections.

50. Vanessa permalink
    09/03/2015 1:13 pm

Orange is a very positive color, no wonder the robes of the Buddhist monks are orange, too. I love that color because it radiates good vibes and has a positive effect on my mood.

• 13/03/2015 12:18 am

I knew you’d mention it… The sanyasis and gurus/masters wear the color too and temples in many parts of the world have it as an important color… 🙂 TY!

51. Nicol Wong permalink
    09/03/2015 1:47 pm

i never use to like the colour orange but it began to grow on me. youve picked some great pictures 😀

52. roselynn787 permalink
    09/03/2015 3:08 pm

Fantastic selection of photos, especially because I wouldn’t have known what to photograph with the color orange. I have always wanted to participate in photo challenges, but my lack of creativity would be my worst enemy lol.

53. sinyees permalink
    09/03/2015 6:58 pm

You did a great job in the weekly photo challenge! Never think about this theme before. Thanks for sharing.

54. 10/03/2015 10:56 am

Fabulous gallery!

55. Lauren permalink
    11/03/2015 3:22 am

All of the photos are quite beautiful! Orange isn’t a color that comes to my mind when I think about my favorites, but seeing pictures of nature makes you realize that they’re beauty in every color.

56. Notorious Spinks permalink
    11/03/2015 7:24 pm

Love the Wayne Dwyer quote. He is awesome and gives great talks on self improvement and reflection.

57. 13/03/2015 6:20 am

This is a great challenge! I love the photos of the sun! I am a great sunshine/sunset fan! I’ve had a compilation of those. Infact in a page I managed I made a coverphoto of a sunshine. 🙂

Orange Challenge is new to me! But I find it interesting! 😀

58. A Mom Speaks permalink
    14/03/2015 7:32 pm

I love the color orange. I like the images that you posted too.

59. aprildecheine permalink
    18/03/2015 6:04 am

I like the color orange, I don’t really have any clothes that are orange but it is such a bright color it makes you happy.

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange | The Panama Adventure

Kindly leave a meaningful comment. "Thanks for sharing" is NOT meaningful. Thank You!