Super Bowl XLVIII: 10 Things To Know About Super Bowl 2014
“That’s the biggest gap in sports, the difference between the winner and the loser of the Super Bowl.” John Madden
1. It’s the first time it’s being played in NY/NJ area
2. It’s the first one played in an outdoor stadium in a cold weather city.
3. Of the 48 Super bowls played, it is the fifth time two teams with animal names have played each other; Seattle Seahawks(15-3) and Denver Broncos (15-3)
4. Peyton Manning set NFL record for most touch down passes thrown in a season.
5. Seattle Coach Pete Carroll is in his first Super Bowl as head coach and is coaching his third team (previously, New Englang and NY Jets). This is a first for him. Go Pete!
Every year there is a Super Bowl game, we get endless lists of stats and predictions. It’s the ultimate Americana experience and almost everyone joins the fun. if you are from the NY/NJ area, you know already that this is huge for us: a first time Superbowl location for us. I’ve added 10 things to know… Add your thoughts to my comments so I can share more facts to my list. What would you add?
“The chance of winning a Super Bowl in a city like New York, there’s nothing like it. Once you win one, you get that bug to win another, that edge.” Mark Sanchez, New York Jets quarterback
6. First time a Super Bowl is played in a stadium named after an insurance company: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford NY.
7.Three Time Square Streets were closed for a Toboggan ride
8.The Steelers and Cowboys are tied at the top with eight Super Bowl appearances eac
9. Seattle was ranked #1 in Defense and Denver #1 in Offense this season – and both teams are in states that legalized marijuanaX Eli ManningX X HumorXX New England PatriotsX New York GiantsX NFLX X X Super Bowl XLVIX Tom Brad
10. Endless junk food snack will be consumed, fun facts shared, outrageous commercials shown, and gambling bets galore will reach a high before the game ends. What did I miss? Add your voice below.
Positive Motivation Tip: Each new game brings new winners. Enjoy
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos via Wikipedia
What am I missing? Share your take below.