Haiku: Happy For No Reason…
“Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.” Dan Millman
Cold days, long, long nights…
He’s happy for no reason
Pages turned or not…
There are times when joy bubbles up inside of us, even as we’re going through major struggles. What triggers it? Does it even matter? When I saw the picture above, I tried to imagine what life must be like for the delightful Dalai Lama; he always has a sly smile on his face… No reason needed I bet.
“Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination.” Immanuel Kant
Dead flowers, dried leaves
She’s happy for no reason
Summer’s gone, naught blooms…
If you’re reading this post, be rest assured I’m not digging for answers; just making an observation to share in haiku. I suspect we’ve all had those magical moments when irrepressible joy bubbles up and then subsides… I’ll take a few as I continue to gear up with new classes and new decisions. What about you? More below!
“It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” Chuck Palahniuk
Fake smiles, lovers lies
We’re happy for no reason
May peace blanket you…
Hope you felt a bit of no-reason-joy while reading this one… Sending you peace and joyful blessings for the week ahead! What are your thoughts? Do you find yourself feeling joyful for no reason? Do you flash back to what triggered it? What things help you? Do you do more joyful things for yourself? Do share! Thank you.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track with reading and responding to your blogs; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: We can be happy for no specific reason and that’s okay too. Explore the joy!
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos, Dalai Lama and cats via Wikipedia or my personal collection
- From birds to humans, happiness may be embedded in evolutionary process (vancouversun.com)
- Dalai Lama Targets Inner Peace in Charlottesville Talk (achievingworldpeacenow.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Revelation & Creation… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Sad to see headline emphasizing negativity (syracuse.com)
- Inspiration: Thankful Haiku… And A Help Request! (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Four Letter Words That Inspire… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- On Human Compassion: Encountering The Dalai Lama’s Scientific Mind (npr.org)