The longing for love…
Food For Thought: What passions have governed our lives? Can we identify our three top passions? Let’s contemplate these questions in the quiet of our hearts, and then, answer them truthfully to ourselves.
“A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle… Khalil Gibran“
The search for knowledge…
“No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.
The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.
If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.” Kahlil Gibran
Food For Thought: What knowledge have we learned about ourselves and others? Can we identify three profound insights we have learned in this lifetime? What are your thoughts? More below!
“If it is one man’s karma to suffer, isn’t it our dharma (duty) to help ease his suffering and pain?” Sri Mātā Amṛtānandamayī Devī (Amma)
The suffering of mankind…
We do not feel others’ problems nor feel any compassion for them; that is our BIGGEST problem. Only a person who has truly suffered can understand the suffering of others. We have never dived deep to the bottom of the sea to collect pearls. We do not know how difficult a task it is; for we are used to buying pearls from a shop. Therefore, we do not know the immense task behind the matter. ” Amma (p 56-57 Awaken Children, vol 4)
Food For Thought: What do we understand about the suffering of our fellow man/woman? How have we suffered? How can we make a difference?
Have a blessed day! What are your thoughts? How do you manage the passions in your life? What are your top three? What impact have they had on your life? What advice would you offer others? Do share! Thank you. 😉
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track with reading and responding to your blogs; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience! 🙂
Positive Motivation Tip: Our passions can elevate or destroy us. Be vigilant and exercise humility and wisdom. Put your feet up. Sip a cup of tea. Relax
- Compassion: The End Of Suffering… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: Embrace the Light… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- The Prophet by Khalil Gibran (darchwonders.wordpress.com)
- Happiness & Embarrassment (ministryofhappiness.wordpress.com)
- Thought Of The Day… Khalil Gibran (inkarasworld.com)
- Inspiration: Everything Can Change For the Better… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- “For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.” (writinglife101.wordpress.com)
- Elisabeth Röhm Blogs: Setting Limits with My Daughter (celebritybabies.people.com)
- Kahlil Gibran: Song Of The Soul (universalwordsofinspiration.wordpress.com)