FTIAT: Gratitude for Small Things

01/07/2012

Deborah Bryan, The Closet Monster of The Monster In Your Closet, understands the human heart; its frailties and joys. We go back to the early, heady days of the WordPress blogging challenge to commit to write something daily. She has shared a lot about her life; the painful and the sweet, and I felt deeply grateful when she invited me to share a piece on gratitude. I was happy to do so because it is a topic dear to my heart. Life is the biggest gift; without it we cease to exist and we lose the opportunity to contribute. We can start with gratitude for little things and work our way up to an appreciation for larger things. What are you grateful for?
Thank you! 🙂

The Monster in Your Closet

Elizabeth (Mirth & Motivation) was one of the first bloggers I followed when I began blogging in early 2011. Even before I’d gotten the hang of reading blogs, I was readily absorbed into her entries for a few minutes at a time. Her life has been so full and varied, I frequently still read her posts and think, “What hasn’t she done, or experienced?!”

A year after first finding her, her aptly titled blog remains my go-to when I find myself in need of inspiration.  It’s thus with great gratitude that I share her words here today.

Recommended post: Inspiration: Embracing the F Word

Gratitude For Small Things

“As we become curators of our own contentment on the Simple Abundance path… we learn to savor the small with a grateful heart.”
Sarah Ban Breathnach

When I received Deborah’s first email about participating in this wonderful exercise –…

View original post 754 more words

1. 01/07/2012 9:34 pm

Today, I am indeed grateful for my life. I heard the news today that the mom of one of our son’s closest friends passed away last night; she was younger than I. I am grateful to the core of my being that my son called me to talk about it.

• 02/07/2012 12:00 am

I’m sorry to hear about the loss and send my sympathies his way… Yes, life is transitory and each breath we take is worthy of our gratitude. TY!

2. 02/07/2012 7:55 am

Ah… My weekly dose of positive thinking. What a deep well you have.

• 02/07/2012 8:00 am

TY Jacqui and so do you… I haven’t visited for a while and will check in soon. Had some personal matters to attend to offline. TY for your kind comment. 😉

3. 02/07/2012 8:39 pm

Mahalo for reblogging this one and pointing me to another wonderful blog. I hope you are doing well and having a nice summer.

• 02/07/2012 11:12 pm

TY Sue and I hope all is well with you too…? I’m still in the throes of catching up so thank you for not giving up on me. 😆 It’s a slow but steady process and I will catch up. Enjoy your visit with Deborah! 🙂

• 02/07/2012 11:26 pm

I’m not sure if I’ll ever catch up so I understand completely. I am doing okay; enjoying a slower pace this summer.

• 02/07/2012 11:30 pm

Good for you! Enjoy the down time as it picks up again in fall. 🙂

4. 02/07/2012 10:39 pm

hi Eliz,
    I’ve reblogged your AFRICA statement today at
    flickrcomments.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/story-challenge-letter-a/

• 02/07/2012 10:42 pm

I’ll have to check it out as I don’t recall making an Africa statement. Good lord Frizztext! TY! 😆

5. 03/07/2012 10:31 am

I am so thankful to God and grateful for His many mercies. My secretary at the office was involved in a serious lorry accident over the weekend. She sustained severe injuries but mercifully, out of danger and responding to treatment. Thank you.

• 05/07/2012 3:59 am

I’m sorry to read about your secretary and I send her healing light and love. Thank God she is doing better.

6. Bree permalink
    03/07/2012 5:44 pm

The piece you wrote touched my heart. Now I understand your spirit of gratitude and you wrote so beautifully about your story. I enjoyed Deborah’s blog too. 🙂
    B

• 05/07/2012 3:59 am

TY! Some of us live and learn… while others learn as they live. 🙂

7. 05/07/2012 3:14 am

My health, my husband, my friends, my work, and small things like a good cup of coffee 🙂

• 05/07/2012 3:17 am

Amen to that Bluebee. I checked out some of your poetry and will go back later to read some more. TY!