Haiku: The First Day Of Spring…

20/03/2014

“Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.” Rainer Maria Rilke

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring... cherry blossoms  fill the air

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring… cherry blossoms fill the air

A shift in the winds
Cherry blossoms fill the air
The first day of spring

Today is Thursday March 20th, the first, official day of spring! The buds start to peak through; crocuses, forget-me-nots, blossoming cherry trees herald the awakening of a new day. Spring has sprung and we can set aside winter wear, listen to some Mamba and dance in the yard. Soon, we’ll see now vegetation and floral life everywhere.  Are you excited? What are your plans?

“Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes.” Carl Friedrich Gauss

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring... lighting equinox

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring… lighting equinox

The equinox calls
Balancing night with daylight
Our Hearts fluttering

Did you know the equinox  brings in spring; created by a balance… So take a moment to inhale the fresh air and enjoy the changing season and weather. I hope you enjoy the haiku shared. How did you celebrate the first day of spring? Happy Spring Haiku to all!
More below!

“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” Pablo Neruda

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring... forget me nots

Haiku: The First Day Of Spring… forget me nots

This post is partly inspired by a Daily Post Prompt:Papa Loves Mambo
What sort of music was played in your house when you were growing up? What effect, (if any) did it have on your musical tastes?

Positive Motivation Tip:

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos Cherry Blossom, via Wikipedia or my collection

1. 22/03/2014 7:07 pm

I can’t see any sign of spring here in my area yet but glad that Spring have started already.

2. 22/03/2014 10:13 pm

Hello, Spring. I am ready for it to come this year. As much as I love winter, I love all the promises that spring offers. There is still snow on the ground at my house, but I know the tulips will start popping through the ground soon.

3. 23/03/2014 4:10 am

Lovely photographs and I like the Neruda quote very much. Happy Spring!

4. Pixie Dust Savings (@PixieDustSaving) permalink
    23/03/2014 6:34 am

Such pretty pictures! I like Spring, but Spring does not like me. My allergies are killing me today. Country and classic rock were played in my house as a kid. I wouldn’t say it had much of an effect on me as I like all types of music, those included.

5. 23/03/2014 9:40 am

Lovely Haiku. You have a talent. Thank you for sharing with us. The pictures are beautiful and I so look forward to spring and no more snow! Peace

6. 23/03/2014 10:11 am

Beautiful pictures and beautiful words! This is always my favorite time of year, even tho it’s suppose to hit the 80’s already here in our part of Utah! Enjoy!

7. 23/03/2014 11:52 am

Beautiful pictures! It is finally getting Spring time.

8. 23/03/2014 12:51 pm

I think cherry blossoms are absolutely gorgeous. I am so happy that spring is here, and cannot wait for us to get rid of all this snow.

9. Jennifer Van Huss permalink
    23/03/2014 1:13 pm

I am so happy spring is here!! It has been a long harsh winter! those cherry blossoms are beautiful! I’d love one in my garden!

10. lumpycloudprincess permalink
    24/03/2014 1:39 am

Lovely! For someone like me who live all her life in a tropical country with only two seasons (dry and wet lol), I can only imagine how spectacular spring is

11. 24/03/2014 1:54 am

I think this is my favourite time

12. Shengkay Apuhin permalink
    24/03/2014 4:45 am

i wish to experience spring someday…who knows! beautiful pictures!

13. Winnie Aurelio (@Ahlerick) permalink
    24/03/2014 5:54 am

I love spring. tis the time when flowers are at their peak and you get to enjoy the different colors and scents they emit.

14. 24/03/2014 5:08 pm

Beautiful pictures and I too am glad that spring is here!

15. FX777 Classified Articles permalink
    24/03/2014 9:36 pm

Spring is in the air…nice Haiku

16. 25/03/2014 5:24 am

Lovely haiku, Elizabeth. Enjoy the Spring :-)

17. natosha miller (@airmonkey120) permalink
    25/03/2014 6:12 am

very beautiful and love the photos

18. carmical permalink
    26/03/2014 9:41 am

Gorgeous pictures. How dumb am I? The first day of Spring sprung right past me. :/

19. Sabrina Bri Radke permalink
    26/03/2014 10:31 am

Spring is still up in the air here, it snowed a bit yesterday! I am definitely ready to see the beauty and smell those cherry blossoms!

20. Beeb Ashcroft (@hardertobreathe) permalink
    26/03/2014 11:08 am

Beautiful haiku and photos to accompany it! I was admiring cherry blossoms on the first day of spring, we’re lucky to have them around here.

21. 27/03/2014 2:36 am

Spring has returned here ( UK ) and, as always, I’m enjoying every bud of it. I don’t know if you’ve read my book or not ( out on Amazon ) but I’d love to know your thoughts. Sorry to be cheeky :(

22. 28/03/2014 8:37 pm

I think Japan has already started cherry blossoms. I want to visit that place and witness the sakura.

23. verabear permalink
    29/03/2014 6:13 am

I’ve loved seeing photos of pretty flowers everywhere. Here in the Philippines though, summer has officially started and it is soooo hoooooot!

24. 29/03/2014 11:12 am

Those forget me nots are so beautiful. Spring is one of the magnificent work of God – how awesome his creations are.

25. sikat101 permalink
    29/03/2014 8:54 pm

In my part of the globe, we only have summer and rainy season. With climate change, there a blurred lines between the two. Social media have made understand the anticipation of spring. Friends who live in America would lament on Facebook about temperatures during Winter and the allergen sin Spring. :D

26. Dominique Goh permalink
    31/03/2014 1:19 am

I’m glad that it is spring. We are having very weird weather in this part of the world.. I love seeing lots of flowers everywhere now.

27. Kristine Gavilano permalink
    31/03/2014 5:52 am

Lovely flowers! It’s so refreshing to see those and accompanied with poetic caption. It has blessed my soul. It’s summer in the Philippines, but some flowers are in bloom too. =)

28. Cyndie Norell permalink
    31/03/2014 5:56 am

We had our own stereos so it was our music in our house growing up.

29. Maan permalink
    31/03/2014 10:27 pm

What beautiful photos of flowers! They make me want to go to our subdivision’s playground and take some photos, too. It’s summer here, but I hope I get to experience the four seasons!

30. 02/04/2014 9:16 am

It’s also hanami season in Japan where sakuras are in full bloom. I wish I could witness these lovely creations in the future and experience how awesome they are! :)

31. Van Cruz-Gabaza permalink
    03/04/2014 12:08 am

Spring must be your favorite season, those are very lovely blooms! :-)

32. David's DIY (@smithdw2026) permalink
    02/05/2014 3:38 am

I am so glad spring is here. I think it is the best time of the year with the weather getting warmer, the birds, frogs and other animals chirping, croaking and moving about again and the flowers and trees growing and budding out. Its really nice and today we got up to about 76 degrees so it was a nice day too.

33. heather e.g. kaufman permalink
    05/05/2014 9:45 am

We are in Colorado, and our spring JUST arrived! It was just snowing less than 2 weeks ago!

34. Melissa S permalink
    07/05/2014 6:00 pm

It is finally starting to feel like spring here today.I can’t wait to get out and start planting my garden. I love when the weather turns warm.

35. Cheryl Abdelnour permalink
    08/05/2014 6:19 pm

Oh such a pretty picture. I truly love cherry blossoms. So pretty after a long winter!

36. E. Diane Macauley permalink
    11/05/2014 12:01 am

Oh how I wish it was really spring here. Mother’s day and we are expecting snow >_<. I do love the haiku though. They have always fascinated me as a style because of how much can be said with such brevity. Enjoy your spring! :-)

37. 11/05/2014 12:03 am

I love the simple style of Haiku. One can say so much with brevity.

38. Sarah Elyce permalink
    20/05/2014 11:01 am

I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC this spring. :)

39. FX777 Classified Articles permalink
    10/06/2014 7:44 am

Glad for the maker of this poem…really spring..

1. NaPoWriMo – Poem / Poetry – “Facing The Music” | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)
  2. Daily Haiku 2014.04.19 – | Rob's Surf Report

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,878 other followers