Musings: A Steadfast Love…

11/03/2014

“Wealth stays with us a little moment if at all: only our characters are steadfast, not our gold.” Euripides

Musings: From Steadfast To Surrender

Musings: From Steadfast To Surrender

Love; a steadfast rock
From steadfast to surrender…
When two become one

Love; is wealth unsought
From surrender to steadfast
Liquid to solid

Some see being steadfast as a negative and surrender as a weakness but we need both… Love and life Life are about balance. How do you view love? Steadfast love? Surrender?

“Above our life we love a steadfast friend.”Christopher Marlowe

Musings: From Steadfast To Surrender

Musings: From Steadfast To Surrender

The heights we do climb
In search of that steel like love
Brings home memories
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Never Surrender Are you stubborn as a grass stain or as easy going as a light breeze on a warm day? Tell us about the ways in which you’re stubborn — which issues make you dig your heels in and refuse to budge? Photographers, artists, poets: show us STEADFAST.

Positive Motivation Tip: Some see being steadfast as a negative and surrender as a weakness but we need both… Life is about balance.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos:  rock, steel, solid, via Wikipedia, or via Flickr  and/or my personal collection.

1. 17/03/2014 3:14 pm

OOOO – I love this haiku:

Love; a steadfast rock
    From steadfast to surrender…
    When two become one

Powerful words in such a small package :)

2. 17/03/2014 5:55 pm

Gorgeous poetry – I’m pretty damn stubborn about anything these days! I know what is best for me and my girls and I try to make sure that we get what we need each and every day, no matter what obstacles pop up.

3. 18/03/2014 8:17 pm

This is a beautiful Haiku Composition. And I do agree with you. I think we do need both to have a balance life.

4. Elayna Fernandez-Bare permalink
    20/03/2014 8:02 pm

Yes Yes Yes!!! It’s all about balance. There MUST be opposition in everything. I love your motivation tips. Please keep them coming! <3

5. 22/03/2014 3:21 pm

Gotta love those zoom in shots. Perfect rule of third.

6. 22/03/2014 7:18 pm

Such a beautiful composition!

7. lumpycloudprincess permalink
    24/03/2014 1:45 am

I love your haiku :) It does help to be steadfast and never surrender :)

8. Shengkay Apuhin permalink
    24/03/2014 4:50 am

yeah, life is about balance…love this one.

9. 24/03/2014 5:53 am

I wish I have that talent :D I never was good at words which is the reason why I became a blogger. I wanted to improve how I express myself by composing blog posts.

10. FX777 Classified Articles permalink
    24/03/2014 9:41 pm

Your Haiku is good about the goals to reach, and the love that made memories.

11. Beeb Ashcroft (@hardertobreathe) permalink
    26/03/2014 11:05 am

I agree that it’s all about balance! Being a perfectionist, I can be stubborn about the tasks I undertake, which is good for achieving things but also means I don’t know when to quit sometimes. LOL!!

12. 27/03/2014 8:56 pm

I do not consider myself a stubborn individual, and balance is definitely important in life.

13. 28/03/2014 7:26 am

Balance is so important in such a crazy world. Thank you for the reminder!

14. Cyndie Norell permalink
    31/03/2014 5:54 am

Such beautiful strong words and a powerful statement.

15. 31/03/2014 5:13 pm

I agree with you. Life must be balanced and it should only be always good. As having bad times will make us better.

16. 27/07/2014 4:10 am

great writing. I would love to read some ore of your work

17. franckxethee permalink
    27/07/2014 9:00 am

We should really know when to hold on and when to yield. This is how we adopt with changes and how we survived tough moments.

18. 27/07/2014 9:33 am

I used to believe in steadfast love, until betrayal broke my trust. Although I’m more or less healed now, it takes a lot of courage to love someone again…

19. 27/07/2014 7:52 pm

Steadfast love is real and if you need to get that you mus be ready in possibilities. I love your haiku

20. Francine A permalink
    28/07/2014 1:01 am

Thats very true! Balance is important, and change is good!

21. sinyee0504 permalink
    28/07/2014 1:07 am

To be honest, I ain’t fully understand the whole poem. But I know it is about love.. =3

22. 28/07/2014 4:22 am

I love this quote , its the reason why millionaires even if they lost their money can earn it back at no time at all.

23. 28/07/2014 10:10 am

We definitely need a work life balance these days. Having postice role models and examples is a great motivator and one all children need in their lives. Too many are lost without the proper support to lift them and guide them. Great post!

24. 01/08/2014 7:44 pm

Great poem and quotes! The picture is just perfect for them. It is good to rise steadfastly, it is important to keep on and not give up in the middle of your climb.

1. Daily Prompt: Never Surrender | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
  2. Blog Tour Monday (What Am I Working On) starring TooFullToWrite (David Ellis) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)
  3. Blog Tour Monday (What Am I Working On) starring TooFullToWrite (David Ellis) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,814 other followers