Music Memories: Something There To Remind Me…

02/03/2014

“Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.” Ludwig van Beethoven

Music Memories: Something There To Remind Me... SADE

Music Memories: Something There To Remind Me… SADE

Sade – Smooth Operator

When Smooth Operator came out, I listened to it endlessly… It reminded me of a cad or two I’d met over the years… You know, the type that promised everything and delivered nothing… Need I say more? Enjoy the music. Reflect on your experiences and share them below… Come back later for more.

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” Bob Marley

Music Memories: Something There To Remind Me... PHIL COLLINS

Music Memories: Something There To Remind Me… PHIL COLLINS

Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight (Official Video)

This sound was my anthem for a long while… filled with promise and hope for something grand and passionate… heck, even just a magical night of song and dance… Always the best.  More Later!

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me
A song comes on the radio and instantly, you’re transported to a different time and place. Which song(s) bring back memories for you and why? Be sure to mention the song, and describe the memory it evokes. Photographers, artists, poets: show us PAST.

Positive Motivation Tip: Music makes the world go round and holds memories for us… Let the beat go on!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos via Wikipedia

1. 02/03/2014 12:59 pm

Music is very motivational to me & I almost always have music on. Whether it is in the car, on in the kitchen while I cook, or I have my ipod on while I workout.

2. 02/03/2014 1:02 pm

Music has always been a big part of my life. I’d say 90 % of my day has music involved somehow. It keeps me going!

3. 02/03/2014 1:13 pm

I don’t get as much music in my life as i need these days :-(

4. toughcookiemommy permalink
    02/03/2014 1:50 pm

Many songs remind me of significant events throughout my life. It certainly is a big part of my life.

5. 02/03/2014 2:18 pm

Dude! Phil Collins rocks. Love his music. Nice post

6. Scott permalink
    02/03/2014 2:23 pm

Certain songs will bring you back to a different time and place, hopefully they’re usually good ones.

7. 02/03/2014 2:52 pm

I love music. It truly heals my soul. Thanks!!

8. 02/03/2014 3:13 pm

I remember listening to these same tunes over and over. They were good songs.

9. American Punjaban PI permalink
    02/03/2014 4:03 pm

Music definitely soothes you and can affect your mood. I like listening to old favorites and reliving memories in my mind on a rough day. It makes me feel more alive and happy.

10. 02/03/2014 4:45 pm

Music definitely brings back memories whenever I hear certain songs I’m taken back to the time I was int he hospital.

11. 02/03/2014 5:45 pm

“Desert Moon” sung by Dennis Deyoung still reminds to be one of my favorites. It reminds me of the time when I still on the threshold of life raring to make it make it on my own.

“Those summer nights when we were young.We bragged of things; we’d never done. We were dreamers …”

Oh and I love Sade’s Smooth Operator too.

12. 02/03/2014 8:56 pm

I love Sade.. brings back so many memories.

13. Bhanu Roy permalink
    02/03/2014 8:58 pm

V nice, v informative..inspiring.. I’d like to see all Musicians under a big Umbrella. Happy to be with You all. Thnx. Bhanu.

14. 02/03/2014 9:26 pm

I go through cycles with music. Sometimes it is a big part of my life and sometimes not. Usually when I am working out it becomes a huge part.

15. 03/03/2014 12:50 pm

I hadn’t made an effort to listen to music regularly for awhile and I was feeling really down and depressed but then I began listening to music again and my spirits lifted instantly! I love looking back on all the songs I listened to as a kid, teen and an adult.

16. 03/03/2014 12:51 pm

I have always loved the song, Always Something There To Remind Me. i used to listen to music all the time. It seems the older I get, the more I want peace and quiet.

17. 03/03/2014 12:58 pm

Journey songs always make me think of high school and I guess it’s because they played them everywhere I was!

18. 03/03/2014 1:17 pm

Right now, I’m listening to a variety of genres. I have several favorite artists – and thanks to the iPod, I can make a playlist with everyone on it!

19. amandaripsam permalink
    03/03/2014 2:14 pm

i love all kinds of music my husband calls my play list manic. lol I have gotten out of listening to music all the time usually I enjoy the silence when hubby and kids are at school.

20. Aisha Kristine Chong permalink
    03/03/2014 2:16 pm

Music does trigger a lot of things in us – memories, emotions.. and sometimes, just listening to it makes us feel better.

21. 03/03/2014 2:39 pm

I like that! Music has always been a huge part of my life, and I am making sure the kids get to hear it everyday. It can give you hope, and peace, courage. Everything you need

22. 03/03/2014 2:42 pm

My husband is a huge Sade fan, and I used to LOVE Phil Collins’ music. I still get happy when I hear a song of his that I loved when I was in school. :)

23. 03/03/2014 3:30 pm

I love music when I am in the mood to hear it. Otherwise, it can be distracting

24. 03/03/2014 3:40 pm

I heard someone say that music is the language of your emotions. I just loved that quote. And it’s so true. When you don’t have words to express yourself; often times there is a great song that can do it for you.

25. 03/03/2014 4:49 pm

I love Phil Collins. In the Air Tonight and that song he sings for Tarzan are both classics, lol.

26. prettyopinionated permalink
    03/03/2014 5:24 pm

I was pretty young when those songs came out so they weren’t really on my play list. It’s great though how a song brings back so many memories!

27. Sarah permalink
    03/03/2014 5:45 pm

It’s amazing the emotions you can bring to the surface just by listening to certain pieces of music. x

28. 03/03/2014 6:33 pm

I love listening to music! It’s such a great way to make you feel something and remind you of certain periods of your life. My first cassette tape was Phil Collins!

29. 03/03/2014 6:51 pm

Beautiful thoughts! I LOVE music. It’s such a huge part of my life – I can’t imagine being without it!

30. toughcookiemommy permalink
    03/03/2014 7:27 pm

Music always motivates me to keep going and to feel joyful.

31. pamatiw permalink
    03/03/2014 10:31 pm

Music is definitely food for the soul. It can make or break an event or a person’s day.

32. 04/03/2014 2:04 am

Music really does a lot i love when a song will remind me of something from the past.Great choices on your tracks especially Phil Collins.

33. 04/03/2014 4:35 am

Nothing soothes me more than music! I love all genres too! I’m not sure I’ve heard of Sade before, I think maybe my Grandma likes her, lol. I love that Bob Marley quote though, one of my favs! :)

34. 04/03/2014 5:10 am

Music is so important to me! Great choices and I absolutely love Phil Collins. He puts me in a great mood!

35. 04/03/2014 7:19 am

Music is a very large part of my family’s life. My husband sings and plays a few instruments and I have music on in the house 24/7.

36. SixFeetUnderBlog permalink
    04/03/2014 8:16 am

Music is important. I just listen in the car, but need to bring in more music into the home too.

37. 04/03/2014 12:19 pm

Music is a huge part of my daily life! When I find a song that I just really connect with, I play it over and over again until I have the whole thing memorized lol.

38. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty permalink
    04/03/2014 1:44 pm

I remember these songs, what a memory! Music is awesome like that, transporting you to different places in your mind. :)

39. 04/03/2014 2:28 pm

I remember when I saw smooth operator for the first time, I did not like the song at all. I think I was more jealous of Sade because she looked so beautiful in that video.

40. 04/03/2014 6:07 pm

I love that Phil Collins song! It’s one of my favorites!

41. marly_ms (@mgmhar) permalink
    04/03/2014 6:31 pm

I love listening to music that is very relaxing and meaningful. Some songs fit my situation in life and some lyrics fits me and bring back memories.

42. 04/03/2014 8:27 pm

Music has such a powerful way to bring back memories. Sometimes memories you want to forget. I have a few song that I once loved but not don’t listen to because they bring back memories that makes me sad.

43. 04/03/2014 10:14 pm

Wow…on first glance I thought it was a photo of Jennifer Lopez. Sade looks great in that picture!

44. 05/03/2014 7:12 pm

Thanks for the music post! I have some that just ‘take me back’ and I LOVE them!!

1. Bluer Than Blue | THE MARRIED MAN WHO LOVES HIS X
  2. Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
  3. The Surfs of Yesteryear | Lisa's Kansa Muse
  4. Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
  5. Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
  6. Poem / Poetry – “Abstract Alliterative Acrostalyptica” | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)
  7. of leaving | Anawnimiss

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,822 other followers