Photo Challenge: SERENE

30/11/2017

“He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment.” Meister Eckhart

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Photo Challenge: SERENE

For the man sound of body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every day has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously. George Gissing
There is a serene and settled majesty to woodland scenery that enters into the soul and delights and elevates it, and fills it with noble inclinations. Washington Irving

How still,
How strangely still
The water is today,
It is not good
For water
To be so still that way.
Langston Hughes
Come back later for more of my take on the Themes SERENE
“Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along.” Paramahansa Yogananda

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Thine eyes are springs in whose serene And silent waters heaven is seen. Their lashes are the herbs that look On their young figures in the brook. William C. Bryant

MORE BELOW

“All noble enthusiasms pass through a feverish stage, and grow wiser and more serene.” William Ellery Channing

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Photo Challenge: SERENE

Photo Challenge: SERENE

I feel beautiful when I’m at peace with myself. When I’m serene, when I’m a good person, when I’ve been considerate of others. Elle Macpherson
Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things – with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope. Corazon Aquino

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – SERENE –   This week, share a visual moment of blissful quiet. Share a photo that represents your take on “serene.” From landscapes to portraits (sleepy cats, anyone?) to a pleasantly abstract wallpaper pattern, any and all interpretations are welcome. I look forward to a leisurely browse through your photos!

Positive Motivation Tip:

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    30/11/2017 4:12 pm

When I think of the word Serene, I immediately picture a beautiful sunrise. When the world is still quiet and the sky changes from dark to light ever so slowly. We all desire some serenity in life, even for a few minutes everyday.

2. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    30/11/2017 4:35 pm

Once again I love your photos. When I think of serene I think of the ocean, a babbling brook, a still river, a sleeping baby things that are natural and peaceful. I search for serene sometime when I’m in the state park.

3. NeverSayDieBeauty permalink
    30/11/2017 5:15 pm

I love the theme of your post. I didn’t know that WP had a Daily Post, hmmm. Reading the quotes was informative to see that different people interpret serenity in quite varied ways – some I agree with and others I did not. I liked your photos too. Was the still body of water the Hudson River taken from north of the GWB?

4. Irina David permalink
    30/11/2017 5:34 pm

Beautiful serene views and I agree with Michael j fox quote👌

5. Monica permalink
    30/11/2017 7:05 pm

Beautiful, as always. Today was super super stressful and so need some serenity in my life right now.

6. Maryal permalink
    30/11/2017 9:19 pm

What a fun challenge to take part in – I love that you do this! These are beautiful photos and really fit the theme! I also love that quote from Michael J Fox. I’ve never seen that before and it’s pretty moving. Thanks for sharing!

7. Zuzana permalink
    30/11/2017 11:45 pm

Woho those are really beautiful shots. And I do love your quotes in the article as well.

8. Mjchristine permalink
    01/12/2017 12:49 am

I’ve witnessed the serenity of the Golden gate in one of the hotspots of San Francisco, it’s stunningly beautiful!

9. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    01/12/2017 1:17 am

Is it just me, or there’s really snow on your blog? 🙂 I have lots of landscape photos from my travels and most of them are the embodiment of serene. 🙂

10. Kelly Reci permalink
    01/12/2017 2:16 am

These all capture the feels of serenity. Silence isn’t empty, it is full of answers.I love the photos feels like I’m on the safest place on earth.

11. Indu permalink
    01/12/2017 3:19 am

It may be serene nature, outwardly, or serene mind, inwardly, serenity touches deepest.
    “Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along.” Paramahansa Yoganand. This quote is so true in defining serenity.

12. Tami (@ThisMomsDelight) permalink
    01/12/2017 4:25 am

These images are quite comforting. Michael J. Fox’s quote is quite true and reminds me of a piece of Scripture that gets me through at times.

13. Preethika GN permalink
    01/12/2017 4:47 am

The pictures here do look peaceful and serene. My personal favorite is the stone house with wooden roof.

14. Emma, PathofPresence permalink
    01/12/2017 5:51 am

Love the photos you posted! I find that while nature inspires serenity all around, it truly is the practice of non-attachment that inspires serenity within. Peace to you! ❤️

15. rochkirstin permalink
    01/12/2017 5:51 am

I guess the only thing I love about going to the beaches is seeing the waves of the water and hearing them splash through. It’s calming, very serene, and it’s a good way to reflect and meditate.

16. Jessica Hughes permalink
    01/12/2017 6:30 am

Serenity is not a thing to be taken lightly. I believe having serenity in your life makes all things better. I love this quote: The more I expect, the more unhappy I am going to be. The more I accept, the more serene I am. Michael J. Fox I try to live my life like this!

17. Joanna Davis permalink
    01/12/2017 7:50 am

I have always found sunsets and sunrises to be serene and inspirational. Still water also inspires serenity, no wonder many people choose to do yoga next to a body of water.

18. roadtowajnblom permalink
    01/12/2017 8:13 am

I feel the most serene when I’m in my home, music playing in the background and surrounded by my husband and dogs. We can all be doing different things, but just being together in our home feels the best!

19. Vasundhra permalink
    01/12/2017 9:27 am

These pictures are beautiful! When I think of serenity, I think of nature. Spending time in nature helps me relax and stay positive.

20. scrapbookadventures365 permalink
    01/12/2017 9:37 am

These photos are really lovely and calming, I think it’s because some feature water and that always calms me.

21. Marissa Zurfluh permalink
    01/12/2017 10:19 am

You nailed it! I love all the images and they are for sure serene.

22. platformsandpacifiers permalink
    01/12/2017 12:02 pm

That cabin looks like my exact definition of serene!!

23. Eileen permalink
    01/12/2017 1:32 pm

I think we all need a moment of serenity every now and then. Too often we forget this! These are some lovely pictures!

24. Bhushavali permalink
    01/12/2017 1:59 pm

Very serene photographs! I’m remembering my stay at a resort beside a river and the way I enjoyed sunset there with my husband! Beautiful, serene moments!

25. Ellie Plummer permalink
    01/12/2017 2:46 pm

Those photos are gorgeous. They really do look serene, particularly the picture of the bridge.

26. lexieanimetravel permalink
    01/12/2017 2:50 pm

I love the topic about Serene, I adore the words of Parahamansa “Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself” indeed it’s a better and effective way to find out our other side of personality.

27. Daria Gora permalink
    01/12/2017 3:46 pm

Very beautiful pictures and quotes. Feeling serene today after yoga and going through your post is just extending the energy.
    Daria

28. Debra C. permalink
    01/12/2017 6:43 pm

I love photography challenges and I think you’ve nailed serene. So many beautiful relaxing landscapes. Wandering with camera in hand is one of my most favorite things to do!

29. In and Out of Vegas permalink
    01/12/2017 6:48 pm

That quote, serenity requires detachment, THAT is why I have trouble sleeping. When I lay down, I cannot find peace because I can’t remove myself from the day,from tomorrow,from anything. My mind overthinks and I am not at peace enough to sleep. I have been advised to try meditation to be serene.

30. Shell permalink
    01/12/2017 6:58 pm

I love these beautiful serene photographs! There is nothing more calming than the water and I love seeing such beautiful photographs….

31. Heather permalink
    01/12/2017 7:06 pm

I like that quote about feeling beautiful when you are at peace with yourself. I feel beautiful in that way too. I feel beautiful when I am giving back to others.

32. Tizzy Says permalink
    01/12/2017 9:22 pm

You made some great choices of quotes and poems for your post. Your photos are lovely as well.

33. Melanie Poulos Walsh permalink
    01/12/2017 9:59 pm

It’s amazing how diverse the pictures of serene can be. I think empty shopping aisles when the kids are at home are serene.

34. Flora_the_Sweaterist permalink
    02/12/2017 12:13 am

Serenitiy is my favourite state to be in. I love how your pictures relfect that feeling, for me, the left bottom one especially. Green is such a calming colour and nothing soothes one’s spirit as perfectly as nature.

35. drewandtrishstravelsandadventures permalink
    02/12/2017 2:16 am

Beautiful photos of the water. I always find any picture of water to be very serene which makes sense because the noun form of the word means “calm sea”.

36. Suzanne permalink
    02/12/2017 4:51 am

LOVE that Michael J Fox quote. Now in my late 30’s, I’ve learned just how true that is.

37. Anchored Mom Life permalink
    02/12/2017 5:56 am

I think you hit the nail on the head. Those photos definitely show serene. My favorite is of the water.

38. Shan Walker permalink
    02/12/2017 5:59 am

What beautiful scenery! It does look like peaceful bliss to me!

39. AnnMarie John permalink
    02/12/2017 6:16 am

There’s something about the water that shouts serenity. It’s one of the best places to go to when you’re looking for peace and serenity. Beautiful photos!

40. Diana permalink
    02/12/2017 6:24 am

You selected very good pictures and… I love the quotes you have chosen!

41. Tiffany Yong permalink
    02/12/2017 6:51 am

As I browse through the library in my brain for a picture to associate with the word Serene, a picture of an old couple sitting by the porch looking out into the sunset came to me…. That’s my interpretation of ‘serene’~

42. Marnie Bonafe Torro permalink
    02/12/2017 7:15 am

You capture serene views beautifully! Merely looking at your photos put me in a very relaxed mood and ready to read my favorite book!

43. Jessica permalink
    02/12/2017 7:22 am

I love the photos! They transmit a peaceful feeling!

44. Stephanie Jeannot permalink
    02/12/2017 8:14 am

I feel beautiful when I am at peace with myself. What an amazing set of words. We ought to be content in who we are. Can’t be more serene than that.

45. Preet@thevelvetlife permalink
    02/12/2017 8:26 am

I agree, the more I expect the more disappointed and unhappy I am. The time since I started accepting, I have felt a positive change in my life, I am more Serene, more clear of what I am and what I want to be The way I see things has changed and is still changing. As they say, some people need to experience it to know the meaning of some life facts. Your posts bring a positive perspective to the basic life issues and circumstances. Great references.

46. Corinne and Kirsty permalink
    02/12/2017 10:49 am

When I look at the picture the first word that comes to me is indeed “serene”. Looks so calm and relaxing. Soothing almost.

47. Jasmine Eclipse permalink
    02/12/2017 11:00 am

These photos surely are serene. I love how photos can make you FEEL a place or an emotion, it’s like magic!

48. acheerymind permalink
    02/12/2017 11:32 am

For me it’s during sunset – it was always like this. There is a special atmosphere during sunsets that really calm my mind and I feel just perfectly serene

49. lucicoo permalink
    02/12/2017 11:36 am

I find going to a lake front serene to me. The wind coming off of the water and the splashing of the water. So calming.

50. Ana Ro permalink
    02/12/2017 12:45 pm

It does look very peaceful. We could all use a bit more of serenity with this hectic life, especially in December. Thanks for this!

51. kimmieklewis permalink
    02/12/2017 1:47 pm

Your pictures look so peaceful! Thank you for sharing them with us!

52. adstanfield25 permalink
    02/12/2017 5:12 pm

I’d say you nailed the serene challenge! The morning light cityscape photos are gorgeous!

53. Words of a Texas Nerd permalink
    02/12/2017 5:31 pm

I love the word itself – serene. Peace, tranquility. The action, the feeling. Finding calm these days is a priority. Life constantly feels chaotic. And I search for the serene rest as a boat that has been tossed in the waves, searches for the glassy calm.

54. alainamonster permalink
    02/12/2017 6:57 pm

Where were you when you took the first picture (a pathway between the door ways). That picture says serene to me. It’s stunning!

55. Carol Cassara permalink
    02/12/2017 7:26 pm

Serenity, I have always loved this feeling especially after going through a stressful day or week. The photos that you picked are perfect for it. Water has always been a good symbol for serenity.

56. Evelyn, PathofPresence permalink
    02/12/2017 8:15 pm

Love Yogananda’squote you have. How profoundly true. From a place of serenity, we can truely be present to the peace that is, even amid the ever changing dynamic of life.

57. Ann Bacciaglia permalink
    02/12/2017 8:18 pm

I think this is a fantastic post idea. I have a nice spot I like to hike to and meditate for a while. I will have to take a photo the next time I go. These are beautiful photos.

• 11/12/2017 9:42 am

Thanks Ann… I’m always taking photos and even though i wish i could carry my DSLR everywhere, I take shots with my smartphone too.

58. Ruby permalink
    02/12/2017 9:14 pm

Wow they are really fabulous photos and you are a very talented photographer. Definitely feeling calmer after reading this.

59. uprunforlife permalink
    02/12/2017 9:45 pm

When I think of the word serene, I think of a gentle stream or being in the Colorado mountains. I’ve always had a love for the mountains and outdoor lifestyle Colorado has to offer. However, I’m still in TX. Lol

60. Agnes permalink
    02/12/2017 10:05 pm

Living a life filled with serenity is a goal of mine. Its not very easy in this busy and stressfull world but it is still possible. I always feel serene when I am home after a productive day and my family is fine.

61. chewoutloud permalink
    02/12/2017 10:30 pm

I’m loving the theme of serenity right now. Seem very appropriate and needful for the season of busy holidays right now. It’s during these hectic chaotic times that I’m most needing to find pockets of time for peace and serenity.

62. Courtney Blacher permalink
    03/12/2017 12:45 am

Ocean or clouds makes me feel calm and it also change my mood and I look serene.

63. Nati permalink
    03/12/2017 1:19 am

Beautiful post! I can definitely feel the serenity in those pictures. If anything is missing in my life, that’d be serenity. I hope one day I will find that.

64. Elizabeth O permalink
    03/12/2017 5:52 am

Water always takes me to a serene place inside of myself. It is calming and healing.

65. nicoleflintkontrol permalink
    03/12/2017 6:47 am

Great photos! I love sitting on my patio on the weekends in the mornings watching the sun rise! That’s my favorite view. Just seeing God’s beauty bright and early in the morning is very serene for me.

66. Crystal Gareau permalink
    03/12/2017 6:56 am

Another lovely post and beautiful photos.

67. Heather permalink
    03/12/2017 7:31 am

Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to get away. Take some time for myself! So calming and absolutely stunning! 😊

68. 03/12/2017 10:44 am

Lovely Eliz, what is the little chalet type room?

69. Ana Ojha permalink
    03/12/2017 11:14 am

For me, serenity is always related to a splendid or surreal view that leaves me spellbound! Mosty I’m fond of sunsets or an ocean view! I liked all your pictures in this challenge!

70. Lyosha Varezhkina permalink
    03/12/2017 11:20 am

Very calming photos! I wish I could stay in places shown here. I also admire the phtographers work here – any of photos are arty. well done!

71. Mama in Heels permalink
    03/12/2017 12:29 pm

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!

72. Aditi permalink
    03/12/2017 3:26 pm

Serenity is contagious. I know several people who are more at peace with themselves compared to others and its just calmimg being with them.

73. lifewithcasper permalink
    03/12/2017 6:51 pm

Your photos are simply beautiful! I like images like these because they immediately transport me into another place when I’m having a rough day.

74. Jazz permalink
    03/12/2017 9:27 pm

These images are certainly serene!

75. martin shajan permalink
    03/12/2017 9:35 pm

The places in the photo seems so calm and beautiful. I make some sort of freshness feeling. Also the quotes you mentioned by Paramahansa Yogananda “Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along.” is so inspiring

76. sadhna shanker permalink
    03/12/2017 10:18 pm

Wow. Really serene pictures. I always feel we all know about the fact that acceptance is the route to calm and serenity, however it is difficult to practice.

77. Sadhna Shanker permalink
    03/12/2017 10:20 pm

wow. such serene pictures. I always feel we know about acceptance being the route to calm and serenity, but it is difficult to practice.

78. helene dsouza permalink
    03/12/2017 10:29 pm

The pictures clicked are so lovely ,calm and serene😊
    I also loved the quotes mentioned above ..
    I feel nice reading your posts.. it indeed makes my day😊

79. Brittany @October Acres permalink
    04/12/2017 4:35 am

I love photo challenges! These are great!

80. Ithfifi permalink
    04/12/2017 4:48 am

I love the Michael J. Fox quote, I think that is so true. I love all these pictures, they are certainly accurate of the serene theme. There’s nothing better then having that feeling. Also.. I see snow! I love it! ❤

81. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    04/12/2017 6:19 am

I came across your post and honestly, this is all I need right now, right at this very minute. We are going through many issues in my family, all health related. I am scared. I am really scared. All I need is for God’s hand to touch me and tell me that He is in control of everything. Serenity is a blessing I so fervently need.

82. Lisa Rios permalink
    04/12/2017 8:19 am

Being in nature helps me feel serene too. It is always good to find that place of peace and rest.

83. Preet permalink
    04/12/2017 9:50 am

This is so amazing perspective, I agree with this post, I feel I am more myself, I am more serene when I am at peace with my inner self. That makes me more in command of myself.

84. newskira permalink
    04/12/2017 10:20 am

You have written the post so beautifully. I love weather and nature related write-up.

85. Dr. Elise Cohen Ho permalink
    04/12/2017 11:29 am

Beautiful photos. I especially like the Brooklyn bridge one.

86. April Kitchens permalink
    04/12/2017 3:17 pm

The pictures are beautiful! I love the picture of the skyline over the water. The bridge looks like that famous red bridge in San Francisco.

87. Belinda permalink
    04/12/2017 4:22 pm

I love how all of your posts have quotes in them. My favourit here is “The more I expect…”
    This is so true. Be generous, and giving and genuine and the universe shall repay you in kind.

88. Adaleta Avdić permalink
    04/12/2017 7:25 pm

These photos really are serene. Love the inspiration.

89. Faith Roxas permalink
    05/12/2017 8:02 am

Wow!! These are some a stunning photo. You have a great talent in photography. Such a peaceful view in your photos.

90. fabiolazefi permalink
    05/12/2017 8:34 am

So funny, I was about to post that this week’s photos look so serene and then I see the word serene written at the bottom! Ha! But yes, beautiful and full of soul photos.

1. Serene: Floating – What's (in) the picture?