Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE

25/09/2015

“I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes, you have an opportunity to change that.” Gillian Anderson

Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE - The Four Changing Seasons - Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer

Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE – The Four Changing Seasons – Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer

We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. Carl Jung
When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. Viktor E. Frankl
Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes. Hugh Prather
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi
Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene. A. C. Benson
When you blame others, you give up your power to change. Robert Anthony
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Wayne Dyer
Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are. Soren Kierkegaard
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading. Lao Tzu
Change is inevitable. Change is constant. Benjamin Disraeli

Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE – The Four Changing Seasons: What does change mean to you? Change is inevitable. Change means staying open to the shifts in the seasons of our lives. Change means doing the inner work so we don’t wait for other people, our complex conditions, or even the weather to change. Just like in nature, we see changes in our physical bodies with each passing year. Our mental state, our location, and even our relationships go through changes too. If we stay flexible with the changing seasons, our world view becomes expansive and we are able to embrace the changes that have a positive impact on us, and on the world. I have chosen the changing seasons for this exercise. It’s the most obvious choice and, perhaps, the easiest to do because I take photos year round and I’ve always been fascinated by nature and the changes that occur in it. I will load up more after this is published so, do come back for the extras and the MESH version.

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” Jim Rohn

Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you. Jon Bon Jovi
Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. John F. Kennedy
Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have. Margaret Mead

Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE – The Four Changing Seasons: What does change look like to you? In its most beautiful form, change looks like the four seasons to me. I am grateful that I live in an area where seasonal changes are quite stark … distinct … evident.  There is no endless summer, fall/autumn, winter or spring. Like clockwork, Fall gives way to Winter which turns to Spring, and Spring bows out to Summer who eagerly waits her turn. The seasons remind us of the passage of time, and each of us has favorites. Regardless of our preferences, each season presents special moments that encapsulate aspects of what it represents. We, as observers of such dramatic changes, capture those moments with our cameras, videos and with our memories. May the seasons of your life be enriched by them!

MORE BELOW!

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Maya Angelou

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. Barack Obama
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Frederick Douglass
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality. Nikos Kazantzakis
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. Leo Tolstoy
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuhr

Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE – The Four Changing Seasons: What are your hopes for this season? I do hope you had a good day and that you enjoyed the photos and quotes. I hope we all find joy in what we do and gather more memories to share with our loved ones and others. That said, I wish all a restful and peaceful weekend. Enjoy the photos and hug your loved ones. Have a Happy Weekend!

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. Check out how others interpreted the theme – CHANGE – below.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE –   This week, show us a change in progress. This can be done in one or multiple photos — we’ll let you decide!This may be a drawn-out process that’s difficult to capture in a single photograph, or a quick transformation that’s depicted in a snapshot. Perhaps, it’s the change of seasons. A caterpillar becoming a butterfly. A shift in the weather.

Positive Motivation Tip: Change is inevitable, so enjoy each season of life and cherish each moment.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos copyrighted and from my Personal Collection.

1. Robin Masshole mommy permalink
    25/09/2015 3:01 pm

Those flowers make me so happy! They are so bright and cheerful!

2. Shabby Chic Boho (@terrishutterbug) permalink
    25/09/2015 3:12 pm

Change can be frightening sometimes but it can be really good as well. When I don’t like something, I change it. Thanks for your tips and quotes and the time spent to help us all with this subject.

• 25/09/2015 11:11 pm

Thank you Terri. Sometimes we are ready for change and sometimes we are not… The fear factor is a big barrier for sure. 🙂

• Claudette Esterine permalink
        28/09/2015 6:10 am

I so agree with your response – fear of the unknown is the #1 reason one often do not embrace change. Thanks again for a great post.

3. queenofthelandoftwigsnberries permalink
    25/09/2015 4:51 pm

I really love the change of seasons because no matter how excited I am about something (such as summer for example) I get sick of it after a while. I am so looking forward to cooler weather, back to school, and (eek) the holidays.

4. Beth@FrugalFroggie permalink
    25/09/2015 8:07 pm

Such great pictures. So happy for the beautiful fall weather to come.

5. thedealmatchmaker permalink
    25/09/2015 8:38 pm

Beautiful photo collection. Feel so peace, colorful ! I want to visit those places

6. Joely Smith permalink
    25/09/2015 8:48 pm

I can’t believe there is a quote from Gillian Anderson! Been a fan since the X Files days! I always enjoy your posts. Change can be wonderful for some, scary for others. I say BRING IT ON I like challenge and something different.

7. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    25/09/2015 10:31 pm

There are changes all around us. Personally, I am looking forward to a very nice change that will happen in my life. I will go from mother to grandmother in December. This is one change I welcome with open arms.

8. tara pittman permalink
    25/09/2015 11:04 pm

I love looking at all the flowers.This time of year flowers are scarce here.

9. shoma abhyankar permalink
    26/09/2015 2:37 am

sometimes change scares me… fear of unknown… beautiful pics

10. Acadiana'sThriftyMom (@acadianathrifty) permalink
    26/09/2015 3:32 am

These photos are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

11. 26/09/2015 3:44 am

You were able to capture the four seasons perfectly! I love the compilation of pictures for each season, they all look so beautiful.

12. tina permalink
    26/09/2015 4:54 am

Beautiful!!! I work with flowers every day (I own a flower shop) and even after 18 year I am still amazed at their beauty. Your photographs are spectacular and I enjoyed spending time with you this morning!

13. Claudette Esterine permalink
    26/09/2015 5:06 am

Such awesome quotes on “the one constant” in life – change! Loved your challenge this week!

14. 26/09/2015 6:25 am

I love this quote from Jung, ” We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses ” I firmly believe myself that we cannot move on unless we recognise where we are and that ninety percent of solving a problem is in the admitting that you have one. Hope you have a glorious weekend 🙂

• 27/09/2015 7:47 am

Exactly and that is what drew me to the quote. We all have our challenges and need to look at them. We don’t have to publicize them but we must address them honestly to ourselves. Many spend time condemning others but never LOOK at their own stuff! Thank you for taking a closer look at that quote… ❤ Happy trails ahead! 🙂

15. Kristen from The Road to Domestication permalink
    26/09/2015 6:59 am

I love the quotes you included in this post! You know what strikes me looking at your collages? Change is COLORFUL!!!

16. danavento permalink
    26/09/2015 8:04 am

I Love when the seasons change, I embrace it because I get to wear new boots:)

17. Jeanine permalink
    26/09/2015 8:16 am

Flowers are my favorite! I love changing seasons, especially Spring and Fall. I’m just a huge fan of change, lately its always a good thing.

18. The L's Mum permalink
    26/09/2015 8:37 am

Some beautiful pictures you have captured there, especially of the flowers. Amazing.

19. Lisa Nolan permalink
    26/09/2015 8:45 am

Such a lovely time of year, and what a great theme, change! I loved reading all the quotes so motivating! I could some positive change in my life right now!

20. espacularaiesa1 permalink
    26/09/2015 9:30 am

I think we are all always changing. Some changes are big and some are small.

21. Shann Eva permalink
    26/09/2015 10:38 am

I love the changing of the seasons. For a while, I lived on the West Coast and I missed having all 4. I’m so glad I moved back to the Midwest and can experience all of them.

22. Rosey permalink
    26/09/2015 3:16 pm

The four seasons is a perfect one to pick for the challenge. I take pictures year round too, and now that we’ve moved back down south I am glad I took a lot of pictures when I was up north.

23. Christina Aliperti permalink
    26/09/2015 3:40 pm

As much as I dislike the cold and wish it could be spring and summer all year round, I have to admit watching the seasons change is breathtaking. The changes from one to another happening can be mesmerizing to see.

24. Jonathan Key permalink
    26/09/2015 4:04 pm

Change is so important. You can embrace it or resist it. Yet it is the constant in life. Great post and pictures as always love your blog!

25. Krystal permalink
    26/09/2015 4:39 pm

I love flower pictures. So, pretty. I like the change in leaves during this time of the year

26. Lexie Lane permalink
    26/09/2015 5:34 pm

I love your photo challenge, those photos are beautiful.

27. Autumn @ Stay gold Autumn permalink
    26/09/2015 7:29 pm

I love these pictures :)! For this coming season, I want to develop more of a routine. I enjoy all of the things in my life, but I’m not very good at giving my loves a balance so I can be a little stressed out running from one thing I love to the next thing that I love. I can hardly complain about that, but I do need to manage it better ;).

28. cheezydreamz permalink
    26/09/2015 10:19 pm

Those pictures are so pretty

29. Lucid Gypsy permalink
    27/09/2015 12:22 am

The spring flowers put the biggest smile on my face 🙂

30. Dominique Goh permalink
    27/09/2015 3:25 am

Change is certainly a good word to focus on. It’s my focus word for this year. Love the pictures of the flowers.

31. Stephanie Pass permalink
    27/09/2015 5:29 am

I love the Fall season. As the weather cools down, it brings us together inside for hearty meals and movie nights.

32. maggiesblog2 permalink
    27/09/2015 2:21 pm

Sometimes change can be hard but I love the changing of the seasons! I also love the quote at the very top! How inspiring!

33. Catherine Curti permalink
    27/09/2015 2:50 pm

I love flowers!! I remember fall season, it was my favorite season ever.

34. Ms. Katrina permalink
    27/09/2015 4:11 pm

The beginning of Fall is one of my favorite seasons because of the beautiful change in the leaves. i could do without the giant spiders though.

35. Shann Eva permalink
    27/09/2015 9:18 pm

I love the changing of seasons, especially right now .Beautiful pictures .

36. Liz Mays permalink
    27/09/2015 9:56 pm

I like change in the seasons, but I can do without change in my life. I’m such a creature of habit.

37. Stephanie permalink
    28/09/2015 6:30 am

Change can be one of the hardest things we face in life! Change through the death of a loved one, change of a child growing up. We have change all around us all of the time. I have learned not to take a single second for granted. Enjoy the moment because we may never pass this way again. Thanks.

38. Jojo Vito permalink
    28/09/2015 8:44 am

the transition from season to season…beautiful shots 🙂

39. Julia permalink
    28/09/2015 11:22 am

Great photo challenge. What better way to show change, than through life! Plants and Animals are always changing and growing through the different seasons of life.

40. LifeAsAConvert permalink
    28/09/2015 3:35 pm

Flowers and pumpkins! Two of my favorite things. Can’t wait to see more Fall flowers around here.

41. 25/09/2015 11:09 pm