Memorial Day: Honor, Salute & Celebrate…

24/05/2015

“On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live.” Eric Burdon

Memorial Day: Saluting & Honoring All Who Died In Service

Memorial Day: Saluting & Honoring All Who Died In Service to Our Nation

This year, Memorial Day falls on Monday, May 25, 2015. As we celebrate the men and women who gave their lives so we could live, let us not forget – War must remain the last resort. May we all work towards PEACE.

“Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o’er.  Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking. Dream of battled fields no more. Days of danger, nights of waking…”  Sir Walter Scott

Memorial Day: Honor, Salute & Celebrate… Flag at half-mast

Memorial Day: Honor, Salute & Celebrate… TY to our fallen heroes.

HONOR
This Memorial Day, which falls on the 28th of May, we will honor the many men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in military service to our country. Memorial Day was first created to honor northern soldiers who died in the Civil War. Then, it became a way to remember those who died in World War I, II and finally lives lost in all wars. In 1971, it became a federal holiday and remains the unofficial beginning of summer. As we gather to honor the memories of those lost, we are reminded again that war is, unequivocally, the lousiest…

View original post 717 more words

1. 24/05/2015 3:00 pm

I just hope that as all are grilling, picnicking or just enjoying being with their family and friends that they take a moment to remember why we celebrate Memorial Day.

2. dedezooms permalink
    24/05/2015 4:43 pm

This is a lovely reminder of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I come from a military family, and appreciate so much those prayers that kept my dad & stepdad safe through their tours.

3. upliftingfam permalink
    24/05/2015 8:07 pm

I am thankful for all those men, women, and their families who gave up their freedom so that I could be free. I know that my own grandfather’s served in the World War but I couldn’t tell you if it was 1 or 2. I wish that I would have documented their stories.

4. Manu Kalia permalink
    24/05/2015 9:54 pm

This is such an inspiring, we are going on a program at our local place to visit the veterans this Memorial Day.

5. Fi Ní Neachtáin permalink
    25/05/2015 3:57 am

It’s great that there is a day in the US to honour those who have served, fought and lost their lives for your country. Have a great Memorial Day.

6. Shabby Chic Boho (@terrishutterbug) permalink
    25/05/2015 4:59 am

What a great memorial to honor our loved one and everyone’s loved one’s. Thanks so much for sharing, I don’t think I ever realized that it starts off summer officially.

7. 25/05/2015 6:40 am

Memorial Day is such an emotional day. We have a neighbor who comes out at noon every year and plays Taps on his trumpet. It is amazing and sad too.

8. CourtneyLynne permalink
    25/05/2015 8:45 am

Lovely post!!! Happy Memorial Day! Hope you have a fantastic day 🙂

9. DogVills permalink
    25/05/2015 12:44 pm

What an amazing reminder for those who served. Happy Memorial Day. I hope you are having a great time with the family

10. 25/05/2015 1:30 pm

May we all remember the reason why we celebrate this day in the midst of merry making and good company. Hope you all had a good one!

11. 25/05/2015 6:27 pm

I do not understand why some of my countrymen hate the USA. They should always remember – without the Americans, we would not have been liberated from the Japanese rule! Have they forgotten the atrocities the Japanese have done to our men, women and children? It really annoys me. My grandfather was killed by the Japanese. I never got to meet him. The Americans drove the Japanese away and gave us our freedom. This Memorial Day, I wish to say “Thank You” to all those men who have served and sacrificed a lot for the sake of freedom.

12. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    26/05/2015 12:29 am

I am so thankful for those heroes who gave their love for patriotism. Hope, their deeds may not be forgotten.

13. Nova permalink
    26/05/2015 5:05 am

One of the year that we honor those who serve the country as well as those loved ones who passed away.

14. Chanel Marie permalink
    26/05/2015 10:15 am

Most of them are unsung heroes. I love them for what they have done to us and our country!

15. Michelle hwee permalink
    26/05/2015 9:05 pm

What a beautiful post honoring them! Thank you for making a post on it.

16. The Foodie Affair permalink
    26/05/2015 9:16 pm

I always pay tribute to the fallen. My husband served 28 years and I’m grateful he came home after every deployment.

17. Lois Jones permalink
    26/05/2015 9:26 pm

The flag with Merci really got to me! I love that photo.

18. Maria Teresa Figuerres permalink
    27/05/2015 5:28 am

Having a Memorial Day is a great way to honor and pay tribute to the soldiers who risked their lives to save others and to attain peace.

19. Crystal permalink
    27/05/2015 9:09 am

I’m so thankful. I wish healing for those who fight for our beautiful country!

20. Chastity permalink
    27/05/2015 11:39 am

Beautiful post and I am so honored to live in the country!

21. foundfrolicking permalink
    27/05/2015 5:54 pm

Thank you for the reminder. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some people out there who don’t know what Memorial Day actually is.

22. DogVills permalink
    27/05/2015 6:36 pm

I hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend. What a nice tribute to the fallen soldiers

23. Mommy Anna permalink
    27/05/2015 7:44 pm

Memorial Day is a way of paying tribute

24. Yona Williams permalink
    27/05/2015 7:49 pm

Whenever I think of these type of days, I think of my best friend who completed two tours of Iraq, and think of all those who she may have come in contact with who did not make it back home.

25. Mommy Maye permalink
    27/05/2015 8:25 pm

Our soldiers should always have this special day for they are heroes. Here, we will celebrate National Heroes’s day on August but we also have “Araw ng Kagitingan” celebration on April.

Mommy Maye

26. Dhemz permalink
    28/05/2015 8:55 am

such a great tribute to all our fallen heroes!

27. martinkadelux permalink
    28/05/2015 3:48 pm

I take memorial day as a way to celebrate my freedom and my family. My heart hurts that lives were lost for this luxury. That is the truth.

28. Masshole Mommy permalink
    28/05/2015 3:58 pm

I am married to a vet, so we always celebrate the true meaning of the day (as well as a cookout to spend time with family).

29. Liz Mays permalink
    28/05/2015 4:04 pm

I think people confuse Memorial Day and Veterans day, so I appreciate you taking time to honor the fallen as it’s meant.

30. Jeanine permalink
    28/05/2015 4:28 pm

This is a wonderful post. This is such a great reminder. While everyone is celebrating I hope they did take time to remember and think about all those who did what they did so we all can now do what we do!

31. Amy G permalink
    28/05/2015 6:09 pm

What a great post. It’s good to remember this!

32. Danielle permalink
    28/05/2015 8:14 pm

This is a great reminder to truly remember the reason we even have a Memorial Day! And I’m amazed at how many children don’t even know the reason!

33. Michelle hwee permalink
    28/05/2015 9:33 pm

Wow how wonderful! Thanks for honoring them!

34. Heather permalink
    28/05/2015 9:58 pm

I am very blessed to live in this country, and I know that my freedom isn’t free, someone somewhere is paying that price. I will forever be humbled by it and grateful.

35. harrietb permalink
    29/05/2015 7:00 am

Memorial Day is such an important day for all of us.

36. Lois Jones permalink
    29/05/2015 10:33 am

Many need to be reminded about what Memorial Day is really about! It’s a very special day! Great post!

37. marly_ms permalink
    29/05/2015 10:48 am

A very special holiday of the year. Memorial Day is the occasion when fallen heroes are remembered because of their bravery to protect the freedom of our country.

Mhar Sefcik

38. 29/05/2015 8:38 pm

I’m so thankful for those who have given all. I wish so much love for those who fight for our country!

39. JessicaACassidy permalink
    30/05/2015 4:33 am

I salute to all the veterans who are are brave to fight and protect the USA. God bless them and their family.

40. Dawn McAlexander Crawford permalink
    30/05/2015 6:38 pm

Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer for me, but also I never forget the memories of those who served and continue to do so in the name of freedom. God bless America!

1. Memorial Day | PA Pundits - International