Reflections: A Circle Of Five…
“O Lord! May our ears listen to nothing but auspicious words, may our eyes see nothing but auspicious things, may we have healthy bodies and be blessed with long life.” Rig Veda
Every day offers auspicious moments for us to learn and grow… Today is a particularly auspicious day because it brings our attention to a set of numbers that occur in a unique sequence; 12-12-12. If we added up just this sequence alone, we would have the number three; a powerful spiritual number. In reality, today’s date is really a 2 because the full numbers are 12.12.2012. Some folk have predicted that today prepares us for 12.21.12 which, depending on your beliefs, will mark the end of the world as we know it.
The way I see it, the end doesn’t mean destruction but a shift in energies and attitudes. For those who believe in numerology, the number 2 is about harmony and peace, and stresses the importance of building co-operative and considerate relationships. How we interact with each other, and under what conditions, will matter in the coming months and years. So if the world shifts today and on the 21st, we are shifting in a good way.
“I am free and unlimited; there are no chains that bind me…” Unity Daily Word
What does any of this global shift story have to do with the Circle of Five? or as WP put it, Which five people would you like to spend your time with? If we are going through a global energetic shift, the company we keep will be as important as the way we organize and spend our time… For as long as I can remember, my parents warned us to keep the company of disciplined, peaceful people because “no one wants to be found guilty by association!” As I thought about the impending global shift and its relevance to this topic, I realized that the quality of our relationships might experience a shift too.
As we embrace a more harmonious world order and seek cooperation and compassion in our relationships, our idea of the five people we choose to spend time with will change. Instead of naming five specific people; living or dead, to spend time with, I decided to choose characteristics that fit the change we seek to be in the world. So I chose Freedom (from unproductive behavior), Compassion (for all living things), Love (for life and all), Happiness (because we all deserve to be blessed and happy), and Duty (which includes service to self/others, honor, responsibility and Dharma/right action). What about you? More below!
Today, during the meditation session for FOCUS:PEACE, we were encouraged to share a word that resonated in our spirit. The word that came up for me was Freedom. Interesting, I thought. Many years ago, my yoga teacher gave me that name. I don’t use it but it’s often on my mind. After the meditation, I casually picked up my copy of Daily Word to read the prayer for the day and the Word for 12/12/12 was – Freedom!
Part of the Unity message I read was that “No matter the condition, at my spiritual core I am free and unlimited!” I plan to keep that in front of me as I go about my business for the rest of the year. Rigidity interferes with our creativity and our world view, so vigilance is key… May all find their inner freedom or as Daily Word aptly put it, “God is free, unlimited and unbound – and so am I.”
Stay Inspired! What are your thoughts? What five qualities/personalities did you pick? If you were to pick a word to resonate throughout your day, what might it be? Sit quietly for 3-5 minutes and see what comes up for you. What do you think will happen on the 21st? How would it impact your future, your life? Do share! Thank you.
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: Circle of Five A writer once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” If this is true, which five people would you like to spend your time with?
*Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: The company we keep is as important as the way we organize and spend our time… Choose carefully.
- Daily Prompt:Circle of Five (prettywitgla33es.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Last Words… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Daily prompt:Circle of Five « Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five | LooknWalk
- Circle of Five | Renato Vasconcellos David
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Gooseyanne’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five | probably doing it wrong
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Hope* the happy hugger
- Which Five People? | Tony’s Texts
- Stuph Blog
- Daily Prompt~Circle of Five « The Cheeky Diva
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five | Musical Foodie Love
- Who’s Built This Maniac? | Succexy
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- DP: Circle of Five « Life of Me and Mine
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « The Foodie Farmer
- Daily Prompt: My circle(s) of influence | thematticuskingdom
- Daily Prompt:Circle of Five « prettywitgla33es
- Stray Cat for Sale | Shadoza: In My World
- ANCIENT OLD MEN « hastywords
- Circle of Five | Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five ~ From Lake Como to Roads Unknown | Tea with a Pirate
- 4(Steve)+Martha=Ubermensch | rarasaur
- Circle of five « twilightsteffie
- Circle of High Five « Fish Of Gold
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Talker Huge
- Views From My Hammock
- Daily Prompt: Circle of five « mboldenme
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Life In Color With Closed Captions
- In A Glimpse: My Circle of Five « prisailurophileblog
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « Something Unspoken
- Daily Prompt: Debbie’s CFFs | Studio D-Squared
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « KnowledgeKnut
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five | March of the Gypsies
- This Circle is Lonely Without You « Birdless Cages
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five « In Harmony
- Circle of five | Artifacts and fictions
- Daily Prompt: Circle of Five | shutter + bliss