Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming…
“Dreams are illustrations… from the book your soul is writing about you.” Marsha Norman
“Then indecision brings its own delays,
And days are lost lamenting o’er lost days.
Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute;
What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
In some cultures, it is believed that dreaming offers a gateway between the land of the living and the land of ancestral spirits or the dead. Sometimes our dreams are innocuous or confusing, and sometimes they are pithy with meaning; even prophetic. We can practice lucid dreaming as a way to dig deeper into a perplexing dream or find solutions to complex issues. Dreaming is ubiquitous, yet many of us don’t remember our dreams; most dreams are fleeting and leave nothing behind. Still, we day dream and night dream our way through life. I remember my dreams that appear in color and where I speak other languages… What about you?
“Do not lose hold of your dreams or aspirations. For if you do, you may still exist but you have ceased to live.” Henry David Thoreau
Whether we remember all of our dreams or just a few, dreams come in many forms. There are dreams that leave a strong message; nightmares, vivid dreams, or prophetic dreams. Our dreams could be in color, black and white or even hazy… For this photo challenge on Dreaming, I’ve selected a few photos that represent common yet indelible themes in my dreams. I dream a lot about foreign places or unfamiliar streets, bodies of calm water, and even building structures. I don’t always remember my dreams unless they leave an impression on my mind. Some of my dreams are prophetic while others offer solutions to problems or a simple sorting of the day’s events.
There are tremendous blessings conveyed through our dreams. If we take a moment to jot down, in a dream journal, what we remember when we awake in the morning, we’d soon see a pattern of grace has formed to guide us. Our dreams are a gateway to our hearts desire and a connection to our ancestral past. Pay attention for there are always even the simplest messages in our dreams. Embrace the grace. More below.
“Yesterday is but today’s memory, tomorrow is today’s dream.” Khalil Gibran
What I love about the weekly challenge is that each person approaches the task from an individualized perspective. We read, look and then listen to what our hearts tell us to focus on. I’m not a professional photographer so I went with what called my spirit. The world of dreams is a fascinating place to visit and the more we pay attention to it, the more it will reveal its myriad messages and symbols to us. Have a blessed weekend and I will make the rounds by Sunday.
Hope you enjoyed this! What are your thoughts? What photos did you share on Dreaming to fit the task? Was it easy/hard to find photos that supported your perspective on the subject? Were you drawn to certain types of photos for the prompt? Do share? Thank you!😉
*Please bear with me as I continue to recover from a nasty cold and catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience!
My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. I listed several via Zemanta & WP Daily Post below. (I will update it and add more). We all appreciate trackbacks/ping-backs and Likes from fellow bloggers too! Check out how others interpreted the theme – Dreaming – below. ***
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming Dream. We chose this week’s photo challenge subject because it utilizes one technique we love to play around with: long exposures … (Using a long exposure is also a great way to blur people and other unwanted “noise” out of your photo.) … Share a photo that makes you DREAM!
Positive Motivation Tip: Our dreams are a gateway to our hearts desire and a connection to our ancestral past. Pay attention for there are always even the simplest messages in our dreams. Embrace the grace.
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.
- my dreams…weekly challenge (anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming | Lucid Gypsy
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming | Creativity Aroused
- Weekly Photo Challenge: DREAMING « digital catharsis
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming « Cee’s Life Photography Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming « Ben Williams’ World
- weekly photo challenge : dreaming | bodhisattvaintraining
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming | FlickrComments
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: dreaming (II) (gusgus64.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (thewishfactor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: DREAMING (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Dreaming (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:DREAMING (4) (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: “dreaming” (justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: DREAMING (thefeistsgreatescape.wordpress.com)