“Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter’s evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.” T. Woodrow Wilson
♥HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)! It makes sense to combine a photo challenge on Winter with greetings for the New Year! I thought about adding this post on Winter next week until it occurred to me that the Daily Post blogging Challenge officially ends today… The weekly photos might continue, but for now, it’s a wrap. Thank you all for the memories, fantastic posts, and blog love. May 2012 be filled with light, love, abundance and creative magic.
“Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true” Alfred, Lord Tennyson
“Another fresh new year is here . . . William Arthur Ward
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!
This bright New Year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!
I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”
I love this poem as it speaks to all the wondrous wishes and visions we have about the new year and all the changes. I hope this will be a peaceful year with opportunities for all of us to grow and succeed. May our dreams meet us and carry us across the bridge of struggles… Stay inspired!
“Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” Victor Hugo
“There are three reasons for becoming a writer: the first is that you need the money; the second that you have something to say that you think the world should know; the third is that you can’t think what to do with the long winter evenings.” Quentin Crisp
2011 has been a year to remember; early snowstorm in October, tons of new blog friends, loss of many greats, and the birth of many new creative minds… Lets keep our writing pens flowing and our computers blog ready in 2012. Stay Happy and Blessed. Happy New Year! More below 🙂
“The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.” George William Curtis
“No one ever regarded the First of January with indifference. It is that from which all date their time, and count upon what is left. It is the nativity of our common Adam.” Charles Lamb
I love the way things quieten down after a snow storm. It’s as if the Gods have visited and whispered calming words into our ears… The pace slows until the snow clears up. From our lens, it all looks quite pristine till we come closer; just like life, it has its share of mess. All the messy parts look like they have been tucked away. May we be spared the mess this year. 🙂
“In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.” William Blake
“Adversity draws men together and produces beauty and harmony in life’s relationships, just as the cold of winter produces ice-flowers on the window-panes, which vanish with the warmth.” Soren Kierkegaard
I’m excited about the new year! I can feel it in my bones that it will be quite exciting with lots of innovation and discoveries… My prayer is that more good is shared amongst people, and that we remember to treat each other with love and respect. Have an inspired year!
What do you think? What about you? What did your Winter shot(s) look like to you? Was it easy/hard to find the right photos for your examples of Winter? Were you drawn to specific examples for the prompt? Do share? Thank you! 🙂 Happy New Year! 🙂
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter
Positive Motivation Tip: Winter is a time for hibernation, a time to turn within and prepare for the spring… Spend some time in prayer and reflection… and ♥HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Found In The Silence – Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (chittlechattle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (believeanyway.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (creativityaroused.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (thismansjourney.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (flickrcomments.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (latebloomerbuds.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (emotionalfitnesstraining.com)
- Happy New Year! Happy 2012! (amirhbahati.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (pegbur7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (tostir.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Winter Cold Fighters (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (mindblur.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter (tostir.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Winter (halfcnote.com)
- Happy New Years ! (thefilmexperience.net)
- Happy New Years (eatmystylee.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year (callumjameshackett.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year!!! (mychristiancoffeeshop.wordpress.com)
- A Happy New Year (grayhorsewoman.wordpress.com)
- New Years Quotes (candicejordan.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year (binweevilsfire.wordpress.com)
- Happy Domiversary + New Year! (charlieandclare.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year! (fashionbybollywood.wordpress.com)
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.