18/10/2017

“There are two kinds of light – the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.” James Thurber

Photo Challenge: GLOW

The more determinedly I exist, as myself, within the conditions of the time, the more clearly I shall hear the language of the past, the nearer I shall feel the glow of its life. Karl Jaspers
It was a rich and gorgeous sunset – an American sunset; and the ruddy glow of the sky was reflected from some extensive pools of water among the shadowy copses in the meadow below. Francis Parkman

For this week’s challenge on the beauty of  – Glow – I went with the familiar which is often what I see in nature… and in art. The Chihuly exhibit caught us at sunset and the golden glow of the sky had me thinking of nature and her gifts. The plants on my patio reflect the early morning sun in glorious ways too. There is a glow in everything around us; including us. It radiates when we are fully present in all we do and in our golden hour. I hope you like what you see. Come back for more.

“Yet, taught by time, my heart has learned to glow for other’s good, and melt at other’s woe.” Homer

Photo Challenge: GLOW

November is auspicious in so many parts of the country: the rice harvest is already in, the weather starts to cool, and the festive glow which precedes Christmas has began to brighten the landscape. F. Sionil Jose
When we recall the past, we usually find that it is the simplest things – not the great occasions – that in retrospect give off the greatest glow of happiness. Bob Hope

What would life be without nature’s glow? As the WP guide mentioned, “The Golden Hour is the time of day before sunset or after sunrise, when the light is soft and glowing.” I hope we touched it… Come back for more

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:  – GLOW –   This week, share something that glows. Maybe you’d like to experiment with some Golden Hour photography, or perhaps you know someone with a glowing smile. We’re excited to see what you share.

Positive Motivation Tip: There is a glow in everything and all of us. It radiates when we are fully present in all we do and in our golden hour.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. Gillie permalink
    18/10/2017 9:42 pm

not an easy look to achieve. To capture nature’s glow takes practice.

2. Jocelyn permalink
    18/10/2017 9:46 pm

I love these GLOW photos!! Beautiful shots!

3. Sian Lifts Weights permalink
    18/10/2017 11:26 pm

These are some of the most gorgeous photos I have seen this month!! Gorgeous and really remind me of autumn actually! I love your posts!

4. Ithfifi permalink
    19/10/2017 2:49 am

Beautiful representation of glow. I love all the pictures but the floral one really does have a beautiful warmth and glowy feeling to it! I agree with you, glow IS in everything and in people, I love seeing people glow and radiate! 🙂

5. Elinor Hill aka Beachhutcook permalink
    19/10/2017 4:19 am

Wonderful moments capturing GLOW. I love the golden hour and how it can truly enhance a photo set.

6. Zulema Nall permalink
    19/10/2017 5:47 am

Its amazing how depending of the angle and lighting a photo can look so different. Thanks for sharing your photos and experience

7. Shubhada Bhide permalink
    19/10/2017 6:16 am

Those images look so stunning and beautiful. You really captured the nature’s glow.

Liked by 1 person

8. Elizabeth le Roux permalink
    19/10/2017 8:06 am

Hi Elizabeth,

What a lovely post, thank you for sharing. These photos and quotes are truly inspirational (especially to the artist inside!).

9. Jane permalink
    19/10/2017 9:24 am

I like what you said about the Golden Hour just before sunset. That is my favorite time of day. Then there is the moment just after the sun sinks behind the mountains. When you can still see the rays of sunshine, but it’s very soft and romantic.

10. Nina Bashaw Photography permalink
    19/10/2017 9:31 am

I completely agree with you, golden hour is best best light especially for portraits. And it shines a beautiful light on the amazing world we live in!

11. keisha1989 permalink
    19/10/2017 9:42 am

I love this Glow challenge. These pictures are really love and definitely depicts the glow theme. You really captured nature’s glow.

12. nadaliebardo permalink
    19/10/2017 12:00 pm

This is really neat! I’d love to partake in a GLOW series of photos before all the flowers and plants die off.

13. Tanvi Rastogi (@Tanviidotcom) permalink
    19/10/2017 12:11 pm

I believe natural glow shines from within … when you are at peace you just shine!

14. Ashley (@AshBG) permalink
    19/10/2017 12:28 pm

I love the sunset photo!! There is just something so peaceful about that type of “glow”!

15. Nancy Laws (@SheMeets) permalink
    19/10/2017 12:29 pm

I think we often forget that we do have a natural glow and that if often radiates from the inside out. I found myself being challenged to really think as i explored the images

16. The Guat permalink
    19/10/2017 1:20 pm

That picture of the house is Great!!!!

17. Ana Vukosavljevic permalink
    19/10/2017 3:02 pm

Woow! Such a stunning photos 🙂 I love every single one of them 🙂

18. platformsandpacifiers permalink
    19/10/2017 3:28 pm

Love this! The Glow in nature right now is amazing! I love the fall/winter sunlight in the afternoons, its just softer than the summer sun.

19. Jojo Hua permalink
    19/10/2017 5:45 pm

I actually love reading and looking at the beautiful photos you take in these photo challenges. I didn’t know how beautiful “glow” could be!

20. diadarling3 permalink
    19/10/2017 7:40 pm

I’ve never thought about it like that but it’s very true. Some people draw attention and contribute so much other’s just distract and take away from the beauty.

21. TheMrsTee permalink
    19/10/2017 7:42 pm

Such beautiful images!! I love each and every one! They truly do GLOW right off the screen!

22. Words of a Texas Nerd permalink
    19/10/2017 8:24 pm

I do love your quote that compares the glow and glare. We miss the beauty hidden in the glare so often. But you have captured it so wonderfully!

23. Kristen from The Road to Domestication permalink
    19/10/2017 8:27 pm

Oh yes! One of my favorite glows is in nature – it’s the sunsets that I watch from my backyard, right over the neighbor’s barn. Perfect!

24. Better Way of Thinking permalink
    19/10/2017 8:37 pm

Sometimes it takes time to find the glow within ourselves but when we do it is magnificent. I work on my glow daily.

25. mariamagdalenahusain (@momanddiy) permalink
    19/10/2017 10:51 pm

I agree with this: “The Golden Hour is the time of day before sunset or after sunrise, when the light is soft and glowing.” That’s why I like to take picture when sunset and sunrise

26. Frederika permalink
    19/10/2017 10:55 pm

Plants are a total obsession of mine 🌱 You should do #growvember

27. Photography Journal Blog permalink
    20/10/2017 12:50 am

Very nice collection of images for this challenge.

28. Carol Cassara permalink
    20/10/2017 1:10 am

There’s really something that I love about the word glow. Maybe it’s because it brings out the light of an object outwards. Like inner glow, it makes you think of something beautiful or good.

29. StephJ permalink
    20/10/2017 4:15 am

Such beautiful photos! Very inspiring and heart warming!

30. Ave Hla permalink
    20/10/2017 4:28 am

What a great selection of photos for the “Glow” challenge! I prefer the glow to the glare that obscures!

31. NM (@nmdiariesx) permalink
    20/10/2017 4:39 am

Beautiful photos, I really need to learn the settings of my camera better so that I can use them with different backgrounds and lighting! I’ve got a lot to learn until I get to this stage!

32. thenafranssen permalink
    20/10/2017 4:43 am

Beautiful pics! Love seeing them, thank you for sharing!

33. Hey Sharonoox permalink
    20/10/2017 5:43 am

I’m enjoying reading the quote by Bob Hope and the photo collage! I can relate to what he says. I agree 100%!

34. Anne Dela Cruz permalink
    20/10/2017 7:43 am

This is such a beautiful photos. It really captures the essence of nature. Great shot. You really impressed me with your photos.

35. Hellocuppies permalink
    20/10/2017 8:48 am

Golden Hour is one of my most favourite times of day. As a family we’ve quite often timed our activities and days out around it and love to sit, relax and just enjoy the moment when everything not only looks pretty but feels extremely calm too. Even on holiday we’ll make an effort to be up at dawn and ready by dusk. I’m not sure what the photo is but I particularly love the one that looks like a berry.

36. Cia Black permalink
    20/10/2017 10:13 am

I enjoyed you rendition of Glow. As I would have never thought to describe the morning sunrays as Glow. When I Think Glow I immediately go to glow sticks, but when sitting down and putting thought to it Glow can definitely be use as much more of a descriptive word than I was giving credit to it.

37. dawnwairimu permalink
    20/10/2017 10:55 am

these photos are just gorgeous. nature really is glowing!

38. Gladys S Parker (@momtograndma) permalink
    20/10/2017 11:05 am

I love the pictures. I especially like the reminder that the glow is also in us. So true with every positive thing we say or do we glow. Showing the world compassion.

39. Sapphire Kharyzma permalink
    20/10/2017 12:51 pm

Capturing the glow in photographs are one of my favorites, especially during the Golden Hours. I love how the images come out! These images are gorgeous!

40. Melanie Walsh permalink
    20/10/2017 1:04 pm

I’m so thankful when the sun rises as it illuminates the way as I head to work. I hadn’t thought about the fact that the glow can also make it harder to see. Very insightful.

41. Magen Golden permalink
    20/10/2017 1:16 pm

I am terrible at taking photos. I really need a lot of practice.

42. placeinthisworld247 permalink
    20/10/2017 1:20 pm

I love all the colors in the pictures. I especially like the one with the lights seemingly illuminating the people under the dome-like structure and the sunset above it! That one is really awesome! 🙂 Like you, I also like taking pictures of plants and animals. The flowery ones are also really good. Thank you for sharing.

43. Jessica Hughes permalink
    20/10/2017 2:58 pm

I love both of the “Golden Hours” of the day. Getting up early to catch that soft glow just before the sun rises is such a peaceful start to my day.

44. 204 Park (@204Park) permalink
    20/10/2017 3:10 pm

These photos are gorgeous – I love the lighting and how it shines through the flowers, so pretty!

45. Rebecca Swenor permalink
    20/10/2017 3:12 pm

This is a great topic for a photo challenge. I too believe everything has a glow to it but we just have to catch it at the right moment. These are all gorgeous photos and they really do show the beauty of glow. Thanks for sharing these awesome photos.

46. Nicole Anderson permalink
    20/10/2017 3:24 pm

You certainly have better photographic skills than I do! All your images have the subject in sharp focus and your use of light is certainly effective.

47. FitSlowCookerQueen permalink
    20/10/2017 3:28 pm

So beautiful!! I need to up my photography skills!

48. gloriagordon permalink
    20/10/2017 4:20 pm

These are incredible! It makes you literally feel warm inside looking at them which I’m sure was intended but I just love it!

49. chewoutloud permalink
    20/10/2017 6:18 pm

Yes, the glow season is just around the corner! I already am so looking forward to the lights, the beauty of the glistening snow (although 3 months would be enough…not 7 months!)….and soft, beautiful glow of Christmas. It is glorious.

50. Beth Davidson permalink
    20/10/2017 6:26 pm

I love the golden hour. I try to take pictures of my kids in that light, but it seems like they’re always cranky before sunset and I’m always cranky after sunrise. Lol.

51. juelzjohn permalink
    20/10/2017 10:54 pm

Natural light is the best especially when taking pictures.
    The images above looks amazing

52. Sreekar Harinatha permalink
    20/10/2017 11:21 pm

Great photography skills. Loved the various hues of the green on the leaves. Makes you wonder just how many greens are there:) As you say nature’s glow is the best source of illumination! Pun intended!

53. Kelly Reci permalink
    20/10/2017 11:33 pm

Amazing photos!! You really captured the beauties of our nature. You are such a great photography.

54. Avenly Lane Travel (@Avenlylntravel) permalink
    21/10/2017 12:25 am

I love the golden hour. I always try to get outside to be in nature, it really helps destress me after a long day!

55. Sandra.J.Lopes permalink
    21/10/2017 1:00 am

Love your photos, they so warm and full of hope. You caption it so well! Your poetry and Quotes are so befitting to your photos.
    xoxo

56. skinandsatori permalink
    21/10/2017 2:13 am

I love the glow of my kid’s faces when they are happy. Their little faces really do glow with happiness and it brings tears to my eyes when I look at them.

21/10/2017 6:32 am

You have captured beautiful examples of nature’s glow. The sun is indeed a miracle. You have decided to capture the sun’s glow in both the big and the small scale.

58. Susannah permalink
    21/10/2017 10:28 am

Great photos!

59. E H (@ehesketh) permalink
    21/10/2017 3:45 pm

It is so hard sometimes to reflect the glow that I see in nature in my photographs. I always do my best to take the most perfect pictures, but it is not that easy.

60. Katie permalink
    21/10/2017 9:24 pm

I love how you consider the different aspects of a single word. I bet it helps you see the world differently too. I love the glowing aspects of nature. The other night our sky was just gorgeous.

61. ktmommyscene permalink
    21/10/2017 9:25 pm

62. maribel permalink
    21/10/2017 9:58 pm

Beautiful photos!

63. Shridevi Kamath Bhat permalink
    22/10/2017 1:24 am

Such beautiful photos! Especially loved the closeup of the flowers

64. Eileen permalink
    22/10/2017 2:59 am

I love your photos. It does really show the meaning of the word “glow.” I love how the subtle light makes the flowers and the plants glow. I was just thinking that I could relate that to a parent’s love for their child. It is their guiding light that makes the child bask in the glow of their love. I will have to set a day this week to capture photos using this prompt too. Thanks for the inspiration.

65. Violinkit permalink
    22/10/2017 3:26 am

I love the positive message that you bring to this post. Sometimes we forget to “glow” and loose our ability to shine. We need to remember that we all have reason to “glow” and that we are all unique and important. Great photographs. x

66. SiennyLovesDrawing permalink
    22/10/2017 3:57 am

Love all your stunning beautiful photos shared here, learnt your tips of this Glow series creation & when would be the golden hours 😉 cheers, SiennyLovesDrawing

67. Kristine Nicole Alessandra permalink
    22/10/2017 6:59 am

To glow, to emit light. This reminds me about my faith. To be a light in the darkness. To shine a soft glow to guide those that lost their way.

68. nbosken permalink
    22/10/2017 1:34 pm

I definitely agree that we often find happiness in the more simple things. I love the coming of fall and the changing of everything.

69. toastycritic permalink
    22/10/2017 5:52 pm

I would love to find people who “glow” for this post. But I love how you show nature glowing in so many beautiful ways. Such great pictures!!!

70. Azia permalink
    22/10/2017 7:19 pm

I love that sunset! I’m such a sucker for golden hour warm tone photographs, so kudos to you!

71. Sami Summers permalink
    22/10/2017 8:08 pm

These photos are absolutely stunning! The use of light is well beyond my skill set.

72. Shannon permalink
    22/10/2017 9:04 pm

Beautiful photos! I enjoy going for a run during my golden hour…when its possible.

73. Angela Ricardo Bethea permalink
    22/10/2017 10:38 pm

I really like your motivational monday like this. These images look so stunning. Great photograph. You really captured the essence of nature.

74. In and Out of Vegas permalink
    23/10/2017 12:19 am

There are moments in my life when I glowed; my inner happiness just flowed outwardly so people couldn’t actually see it. In my 20s,I glowed alot because I was always in love. Love made me happy then but it was a time in my life where that defined me. I am glowing in this phase in my life now because with age I’ve learned to define myself by pursuing my passion, knowing exactly what I want and do not want in my life, and not allowing anyone to dull my sparkle.

75. Brandi H permalink
    23/10/2017 1:28 am

Beautiful photos and quotes as always. I really love the Golden Hours also. It can be so alluring.

76. 조이 Czjai (@RebelSweetHrt) permalink
    23/10/2017 1:33 am

I can’t get over how lovely these photos are! You captured nature’s glow so magnificently in these photos. 🙂

77. Corinne and Kirsty permalink
    23/10/2017 2:44 am

Light is the most important thing when I take a picture. It must be perfect and give a sort of atmosphere. Your pictures are amazing as always!

78. debolton permalink
    23/10/2017 3:06 am

You have captured the exihibit beautifully. I live seeing beauty through other people’s eyes. Thank you for sharing.

79. nicoleflintkontrol permalink
    23/10/2017 5:34 am

I love all of the photos you have chosen for this photo challenge! I think life without natures glow would be very dreary and I don’t it would be very enjoyable.

80. Otakore permalink
    23/10/2017 5:40 am

It may not be the perfect shot but they’re a good subject to photograph. You may need to experiment more. You’re already close to becoming a pro. You’ll get there 🙂

81. Pooja Kawatra Gupta permalink
    23/10/2017 6:53 am

This is so beautiful we all have that glow in all we do and in our golden hour. Personally, I love the month of November as it near to Diwali (Indian festival) and onset of winters in many parts of India bringing a different warmth as we are chasing the new year.

82. Courtney Andrews permalink
    23/10/2017 7:44 am

I think it’s so important to remember that your attitude and outlook definitely radiate from within. I hope I always have a positive, friendly “glow”.

83. Ut Minh permalink
    23/10/2017 10:04 am

The pictures were taken with beautiful lighting. Are you a photographer? I am impressed by this statement, “I will choose the glow that illuminates because it attracts me.

84. Misty permalink
    23/10/2017 10:31 am

Love the photos. I am terrible at photography, but can tell they are well done.

85. Courtney Blacher permalink
    23/10/2017 10:33 am

I love the quote from Homer. My favorite thing that glow is definitely smile! True, honest, positive and from the heart.

86. alainamonster permalink
    23/10/2017 11:25 am

This seems like a really fun photo challenge. I love the picture with the lights by the pool.

87. MartiniWithinReach permalink
    23/10/2017 4:53 pm

Did you take all those pictures? They are beautiful. And I agree to that Chihuly does an amazing job with light and how it hits the colored glass refracting light so beautifully

88. Morgan Shaw permalink
    23/10/2017 7:52 pm

Beautiful pictures at different times of day it is lovely to see someone blog about November for once as mosts posts are all about Halloween.

89. thatssodarling permalink
    23/10/2017 8:01 pm

Wow your photos are amazing! That is some talent you have!

XO-Lisa

90. Shell permalink
    23/10/2017 8:22 pm

I truly enjoyed your beautiful photographs…. They are so calming and relaxing. Thanks for sharing….

91. Ana Ojha permalink
    23/10/2017 10:17 pm

I totally agree with you that there is glow in everything around us; including us too. Your pictures are beautiful and truly making the theme of your challenge alive!

92. TheGracefulMist permalink
    24/10/2017 5:26 am

The photos are bright because they deliver messages of hope. Whenever the sun rises in the morning, I often feel revived because I know I will have a new day to make things better and right. However, I also like the sunset because it tells me that I`ve done all I could for the day.

❀ Grace ❀

93. Ania Ewelina permalink
    24/10/2017 8:08 am

I loved that you photographed these during the golden hour, it really does make a difference and your photos are incredibly beautiful!

94. Marissa Zurfluh permalink
    24/10/2017 8:58 am

I love seeing these from you. They are always so uplifting.

95. Via Bella permalink
    24/10/2017 11:12 am

There is nothing like the glow from nature. It really helps you explore your inner glow. So maybe I need to get back into nature some more?

96. lucicoo permalink
    24/10/2017 11:36 am

Really beautiful photography. I love to take pictures like this all the time. Great job on them.

97. Oyinkan permalink
    24/10/2017 7:00 pm

Well who doesn’t love to glow?! The more you glow, the better you look & feel lol

98. MP Pineda permalink
    24/10/2017 7:53 pm

Nice motivation, I agree that there is a glow inside us. I love seeing people inspired with our stories and see us as the lights in their paths.

99. DrKLeeBanks permalink
    24/10/2017 8:38 pm

Wow, this one is especially beautiful! I love the photos and the quote about sunsets. This time of the year here in Maine, the word ‘glow’ makes me think of our beautiful foliage. Especially when sun hits the gorgeous shades of red, orange, and yellow leaves just right – it is a spectacular glow to behold!

100. NM (@nmdiariesx) permalink
    25/10/2017 3:38 am

Such beautiful photography. I really need to invest into learning my camera and all the different settings that it actually has! I just use the one setting for everything!

101. Arisa Chow permalink
    26/10/2017 4:14 am

I love the month of nomember because my daughter was born on that month, she brought me so much joy that I myself never knew could feel.

102. Ronnie Epsi permalink
    27/10/2017 1:12 am

Beautiful photographs! You really captured the beauty of the sun rays reflecting off the flowers and plants.

103. Preet@thevelvetlife permalink
    27/10/2017 3:26 am

What an amazing post, I loved the way you started this post, with that quote from James Thurber. Glow is so beautiful and an amazing part of nature that reflects through us to our surroundings. What a great perspective!

104. Tiffany Yong permalink
    28/10/2017 12:56 pm

When i see the word glow, I think of the smile on a bride’s face as well as someone who had just finish working out~ The glow on their face is something that cannot be hidden~

105. Stephanie Jeannot permalink
    28/10/2017 1:12 pm

Yup that’s right. November does seem to brighten up the landscape. I am looking forward to seeing the fall foliage all over the ground. It’s usually so beautiful!

106. Zehra permalink
    29/10/2017 3:18 am

Very beautiful pictures! The golden hour is definitely my favourite time of the day. Thanks for sharing your inspo here 🙂

107. Helene permalink
    30/10/2017 8:32 am

I love strong highlights and good deep shades. It makes pictures more dramatic and lends the focus to the object. You really have an eye for that as I can see. 🙂

108. Ana De-Jesus permalink
    30/10/2017 3:12 pm

I love how you chose ‘glow’ for this weeks theme and how you interpreted through photos of nature. A glow to me is positive warm light and all of these photos symbolize this positivity!

109. Rosey permalink
    31/10/2017 3:00 am

You did a wonderful job with the photo challenge. It’s nice to see a soft glow, probably one of the reasons Christmas is my favorite season (one of many). Everything is all aglow everywhere you look that time of year. I love your pictures here!

110. Bhushavali permalink
    01/11/2017 2:21 am

Glow reminds me of the twilight glow, that I get to spend sometimes in a beautiful location with my man. Its not just romantic and it brings a glow on me, myself!!!

111. Blair Villanueva permalink
    02/11/2017 8:10 pm

Gorgeous photographs! They are glowing like rays of sunlight. I find them magical and full of stories.

112. 5minus3equals2 permalink
    04/11/2017 1:37 am

These are amazing photos! You have captured the essence perfectly! (I often find myself taking photos of nature too!)

113. Laura Dove permalink
    08/11/2017 2:12 pm

Oh I love this photo challenge. Glow is such a great one to show on photos, you can’t beat a sun glow at this time of year.

1. Glow: William of Orange – What's (in) the picture?
  2. WPC: Glow | Lillie-Put