Weekly Photo Challenge: CAREFUL

23/10/2015

“If you are careful with people, they will offer you part of themselves. That is the big secret.” Eve Arnold

Weekly Photo Challenge: CAREFUL - Any Physical Exercise, Like Yoga, Dance, etc, requires careful movement...

Weekly Photo Challenge: CAREFUL – Any Physical Exercise, Like Yoga, Dance, etc, requires careful movement…

“Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path… exactly where you are meant to be right now… And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing, of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love.” ~ by Caroline Adams

For this challenge, what came to mind is the fact that, as the weather cools, more of us will turn indoors for our physical fitness routines. Whether we turn to dance, martial arts, yoga or any other form of movement, we must take care to be safe and careful with each movement. A hand stand as shown above, requires precise movement and training and it is not to be done in a hurry. Any time we use our bodies in ways that seem counter to the way gravity positions us, we must be careful. The easy stretches in the picture are equally important to our more complex moves. Respect your body and make sure that the forms and postures you practice are done with care.

“Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” Carl Sandburg

“The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. The reflections are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.” ~ Ammachi
Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like the rays of the sun.” B. K. S. Iyengar
“Yoga does not remove us from the reality or responsibilities of everyday life but rather places our feet firmly and resolutely in the practical ground of experience. We don’t transcend our lives; we return to the life we left behind in the hopes of something better.” Donna Farhi

With every form of physical exercise, we must be vigilant about each movement we do. Whether you are a student or teacher of  yoga, dance, martial arts, weight lifting or other forms of exercise, we must make sure that we take care to safely honor and respect our body. Stay inspired. Have a Happy Weekend!

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. Check out how others interpreted the theme – CAREFUL – below.

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: CAREFUL  This week, show us something careful — a photo taken with care, a person being careful, or a task or detail requiring care.

Positive Motivation Tip: With each movement we do in yoga, dance, or any form of exercise, we must take care to safely honor and respect our body

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos copyrighted and from my Personal Collection.

1. Retired2Travel permalink
    23/10/2015 2:24 pm

Thank you for reminding me to get back into yoga. I’ve done too much sitting of late…

2. Terri Ramsey Beavers permalink
    23/10/2015 2:58 pm

Being careful is a great topic to address for the winter. My grand daughters love to do their cheers indoors during the winter months, and they try their flips and cartwheels, and I have to stay on them to be careful.

3. queenofthelandoftwigsnberries permalink
    23/10/2015 3:01 pm

This post was such a great reminder for me. Since it has gotten slightly cooler (and darker earlier) we are spending much more time inside as a family. But we should really be outside playing and taking care of our bodies, just with an extra layer for warmth.

4. Masshole Mommy permalink
    23/10/2015 4:23 pm

That looks dangerous, but I love it. Imagine the upper body strength needed to do that?

5. Christina Bhattacharya permalink
    23/10/2015 5:44 pm

I love yoga but I have never been that good. Great picture you got. Thank you for sharing “careful”.

6. Melinda Dunne permalink
    23/10/2015 6:55 pm

I love this challenge. The quote for Caroline Adams is beautiful and a wonderful reminder about the journey.

7. thedealmatchmaker permalink
    23/10/2015 9:31 pm

wow… those yoga poses are so hard.. I always want to try but afraid that I am going to break my bone and neck

8. Deanna permalink
    23/10/2015 10:21 pm

Great photos, I agree yoga does teach us to honor and respect our body.

9. Giveaways4Mom permalink
    24/10/2015 12:21 am

I never try Yoga and i really wanted to try these. i don’t know where i can find a instructor

10. tonygreene113 permalink
    24/10/2015 1:23 am

Looks like a very good place to hang out.

11. danavento permalink
    24/10/2015 5:57 am

My daughter is so into yoga

12. Liz Mays permalink
    24/10/2015 7:12 am

I love the Carl Sandburg quote. I love that you chose exercises for the photos. Those poses do seem to take very careful training.

13. The Binder Ladies (@thebinderladies) permalink
    24/10/2015 8:19 am

I’m clumsy by nature, and definitely need to be more careful when I workout or go outdoors in the cooler months. Thanks for the reminder!

14. patricemfoster permalink
    24/10/2015 9:25 am

Interesting article “careful” photo challenge I decided to share with others.

15. Angie@chasingmyhalo permalink
    24/10/2015 9:58 am

So true! I’ve been kinda bummed that my workouts are mostly inside,but it is a good time to remember to really focus!

16. mya.k permalink
    24/10/2015 11:31 am

So cool i know a few people who are doing this.

17. LifeAsAConvert permalink
    24/10/2015 11:38 am

I probably stared at the photo of the lady inverted far too long. One day I will be able to do that.

18. Patty Leonard Woodland permalink
    24/10/2015 12:05 pm

So true. One awkward move and you can pull something. I’ve done it

19. Prime Beauty Blog permalink
    24/10/2015 12:25 pm

Great post!

20. kleebanks permalink
    24/10/2015 12:58 pm

I haven’t done yoga, but was involved in weight lifting years ago. The same caution always applied there (maybe even more so), to be very careful with every exercise, especially when adding weights or using weighted equipment.

21. Lexie Lane permalink
    24/10/2015 3:42 pm

Such a wonderful post, I’ve never tried to used yoga, instead I have my own exercise in my home.

22. Claudette Esterine permalink
    24/10/2015 6:13 pm

A happy weekend to you as well and do enjoy your indoor exercise routine! What is your practice?

23. Norah Salazar permalink
    24/10/2015 9:01 pm

I love yoga! And basically any form of physical activity.

24. Holly permalink
    24/10/2015 10:03 pm

Wow, you definitely need to be careful while attempting a hand stand like that. Impressive! I also turn indoors during the winter for my exercise, and in my case it’s playing Dance Central on the Xbox Kinect. It’s a great interactive workout, and it also involves having to move the couch so I get some lifting in there too! I’ll have to remember to be careful, though, since last year I threw my back out and was out of commission for a few days.

• 24/10/2015 11:09 pm

Thank you Holly! I appreciate you sharing your experience because it will help others understand how important it is to be careful with our routines.

25. 24/10/2015 11:31 pm

Some great quotes today Eliz ❤

26. Rosey permalink
    25/10/2015 11:40 am

I like the note to honor and respect your body. That covers so many areas and things.

27. Maria Teresa Figuerres permalink
    28/10/2015 10:45 pm

We should be careful in everything we do. Even the simplest thing, if done carelessly, can bring a negative result that may cause inconvenience or harm to you or to others.