Musings: What’s On Your List?

26/07/2015

“Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” Brian Wilson

Musings: What's On Your Summer To-do List? Rest and Relaxation...

Musings: What’s On Your Summer To-do List? Read the post for Rest and Relaxation.

What’s On Your List For Summer?
Read the rest of the post for Rest and Relaxation … Below is a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson on Summer Sun
Summer Sun by Robert Louis Stevenson
Great is the sun, and wide he goes
Through empty heaven with repose;
And in the blue and glowing days
More thick than rain he showers his rays.

Though closer still the blinds we pull
To keep the shady parlour cool,
Yet he will find a chink or two
To slip his golden fingers through.

The dusty attic spider-clad
He, through the keyhole, maketh glad;
And through the broken edge of tiles
Into the laddered hay-loft smiles.

Meantime his golden face around
He bares to all the garden ground,
And sheds a warm and glittering look
Among the ivy’s inmost nook.

Above the hills, along the blue,
Round the bright air with footing true,
To please the child, to paint the rose,
The gardener of the World, he goes. Via FamousPoetsandPoems.com

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All photos in Summer collage: Giuseppe Arcimboldo, Summer Field, Asher Brown Durand, Caspar David Friedrich, Carl Larsson, are via Wikipedia

“I believe that all humans have moments of inspiration when we perceive truth. These moments usually occur when the mind is quiet–when we perceive the force of life through our feelings.”  don Miguel Ruiz

Musings: What’s On Your List? Your heart’s list?

Seth Godin is one of my favorite marketing geniuses and an accomplished writer/blogger. Whenever I need to remind myself why certain things I choose to do matter, I go back to his writings and his blog for fuel. You see, Seth is not an advocate of the herd/bandwagon effect, he is more for finding our voice, following what matters to our hearts and damn the consequences. Now, I don’t mean that in a nonchalant way;  as we continue to follow our hearts, what we do feels solid inside of us so no matter which way the winds blow, and we remain steady on our course. We might stumble…

View original post 909 more words

1. Pam permalink
    26/07/2015 1:55 pm

Seth Godin is a favorite author of my son. He reads about everything he writes and often sends me links. I enjoy his writing too.

2. Jeanine permalink
    26/07/2015 4:13 pm

Such beautiful photos as always! I am loving those sunflowers. They were my grandmas favorite so every time I see them I just remember her!

3. Debbie Denny permalink
    26/07/2015 4:31 pm

Great quotes. I have a rather long list this summer.

4. Mystarlight permalink
    26/07/2015 8:41 pm

Summer has always meant happy to me. Getting out in the sun and enjoying the outdoors.

5. Shann Eva permalink
    26/07/2015 8:53 pm

I’ve made a summer bucket list for my family Trying to squeeze every last drop of fun .

6. Dawn McAlexander permalink
    26/07/2015 8:59 pm

I love the beach! Especially in the summer time! I haven’t gotten there yet this year and it is making me nervous. I need to get there soon!

7. Claudette Esterine permalink
    26/07/2015 9:03 pm

Very nice post, pictures and proposals! Thank you.

8. Annemarie LeBlanc permalink
    26/07/2015 9:16 pm

My summer to do list is to get as much done for the family as I could. Summer is the time for us to go places and enjoy hours and hours bonding as a family.

9. 26/07/2015 10:13 pm

Thanks Eliz, it was nice to go back three years!

10. Sherryl Mae Quianzon permalink
    27/07/2015 12:10 am

Seeing the vibrant pictures remind me of how lively life should be. Well making your life more colorful depends on how you act on it. Just like exploring the beautiful nature and interact on it with your family and friends.

11. ronleyba permalink
    27/07/2015 1:00 am

What’s on my list? I think it’s too many mention. But one of them is to become a successful blogger sometime soon!

12. Esme Sy permalink
    27/07/2015 1:56 am

I love the poem! Summer means lots of bonding time for the whole family for me. We may not go for a vacation every year, but we find ways to have fun even outdoors and even indoors.

13. Ria Rosaura-Romero permalink
    27/07/2015 4:04 am

summer always makes me smile, seeing the beauty of nature, the flower that blooms is indeed a manifestation of the Lords blessings

14. Rebecca Swenor permalink
    27/07/2015 4:31 am

This is a great poem and great post. I feel we really should follow our hearts so we can be happy and true to our self. Thanks for sharing.

15. Chubskulit Rose permalink
    27/07/2015 5:17 am

Summer is fun for the whole familyuy, time for outdoor adventures, and time to enjoy mother nature in fuklly blast!

16. Autumn permalink
    27/07/2015 6:23 am

I love the collage you made and the poem you shared! I have the next three weeks off from grad school and teaching at the college so we are going to Florida very quickly to say hello to friends and family! 🙂

17. toughlove100 permalink
    27/07/2015 6:55 am

Beautiful poem

18. 3sonshavei permalink
    27/07/2015 7:40 am

I’ll have to go check Seth’s Blog and writings out! Sounds like great inspiration

19. theconservativemommy (@theconsmommy) permalink
    27/07/2015 8:48 am

Ah, my summer list is always so much longer than summer! I REALLY love summer!

20. thequietgrove permalink
    27/07/2015 9:46 am

Working hard and playing hard are on my list. Oh and reading whenever I get the chance!

21. Jessica Beal Harlow permalink
    27/07/2015 10:27 am

Our summers in New England are relatively short…it’s always at the top of my list to spend as much time as possible at the beach with my family! Quality time with the kids is so important and we love the ocean!

22. SweetMemoirs Page permalink
    27/07/2015 6:02 pm

It is summer all year round where we live and we love it.

23. betchai permalink
    27/07/2015 6:07 pm

what’s on my summer to do list? hmmm, just have fun most of the time and at the same time study some more ( or do advance planning), actually, studying/learning is also fun for me, so it still falls in the category of simply have fun and enjoy life 🙂

24. Karen of MrsLookingGood permalink
    27/07/2015 6:30 pm

I feel that a have a long list…too long a list of what I need to accomplish. When I feel overwhelmed, I always go back to Eisenhower’s Decision Principles and really dig deep to find what’s important to me and my family.

25. klg1982 permalink
    27/07/2015 6:34 pm

Thanks for the motivation! I need to get the kiddos out more before summer is gone!

26. Nova permalink
    27/07/2015 7:05 pm

What’s on my list? I don’t but it’s nice to know about yours, relaxation is indeed a one major part in our life. It helps us feel unstressed once we actually relax, not only our mind, but also our body.

27. Rosey permalink
    28/07/2015 7:16 am

Finding that healthy balance between going with what we want and not hurting others can sometimes be a challenge. For the most part though, I agree with moving forward with what you know is good/right for you. 🙂

28. Papaleng Pagulong permalink
    28/07/2015 9:15 am

I am no ‘water man’ so I stay away from beaches and pools. But Nature trekking is what I like most.

29. Karen Dawkins permalink
    28/07/2015 6:57 pm

My list? For this summer, I really just want to cherish the time I have with my kids. My oldest gets married in May, and I know I will see less of him from then on. It makes me a little sad, but I’m glad he’s got a lovely young woman to share his life with. Cherishing is on my list.

30. Autumn @ Stay gold Autumn permalink
    28/07/2015 7:29 pm

This summer, we hope to do a little bit more relaxing. I love the photos you put together- the sunflowers are my favorite 🙂

31. Jillian Fisher permalink
    28/07/2015 8:12 pm

I just want to spend as much time outside with my boys before Winter comes. Brrrrr.

32. Carly Brydon Anderson permalink
    28/07/2015 9:40 pm

I really like that poem! We don’t have much on our list for the rest of summer – just relaxing and getting ready for the school year!

33. upliftingfam permalink
    28/07/2015 10:27 pm

As of right now we don’t have anything else in our summer list. The kids go back to school in less than a month. It is already making me sad. I have enjoyed the extra time with them.

34. Reginia Cordell permalink
    28/07/2015 10:55 pm

Rest and relaxation are first and foremost on my list. I am in need of ridding myself of stress.

35. Czjai Reyes-Ocampo permalink
    28/07/2015 11:11 pm

We usually go to the beach during the summer. Hope your summer will be fun-filled, too! 🙂

36. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert permalink
    28/07/2015 11:53 pm

I always try to follow my own voice in my own blog! It can sometimes be a challenge to make sure every single sentence is in my voice, but if I don’t infuse the blog with who I am, then what chance do I have to show my uniqueness?

37. Eileen Mendoza Loya permalink
    29/07/2015 3:39 am

This summer I plan to do more in depth planning of what I really want to do with my career. I am seriously thinking of doing work at home jobs and leave my current night shift job that I have been holding for a decade. The lack of sleep has taken a toll on my health.

38. Nicole Lutzy permalink
    29/07/2015 5:56 am

Our summer is winding down, our new homeschool year starts next month. There are a few places local I would like to take the kids that I am going to squeeze in!

39. Jennifer H (@Lovesmytwoboys) permalink
    29/07/2015 6:48 am

We’ve had a lot of fun already this summer. I think it’s time for some R&R. 🙂

40. Lena Blair permalink
    29/07/2015 10:48 am

Summer is almost over, at least for the kids! I want to get in some last minute special time with them and then when they go back to school, I will finally be able to relax and enjoy some much needed ME TIME!

41. Stephanie Pass permalink
    29/07/2015 7:29 pm

I feel like this summer is dragging on. We try to go do something fun every day together. My youngest cannot wait to get back into the pool.

42. Lisa Rios permalink
    30/07/2015 3:21 am

I love all these beautiful pictures, the ones that inspire you anytime. Summer is always a great time to get together with family & your loved ones in particular, but yes we all do have a big list to add.

43. Elizabeth Towns permalink
    31/07/2015 11:09 am

I’m going to find Seth’s blog and follow it, find out more about him. I like to find my own path, and not follow the status quo. Our summer list includes making memorable moments, visiting people we love and preparing for great success in the fall.

44. Victoria (@funmom91) permalink
    01/08/2015 8:15 pm

I just love your photos. Great post as usual.

1. It’s Still The About People, Right? | janetkwest

Kindly leave a meaningful comment. "Thanks for sharing" is NOT meaningful. Thank You!