Inspiration: Angel Of Hope … And Love
“In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future.” Stendhal
“Really, what it is all above is love. That which every human being, every one of us, needs and wants more than anything else is to be in a relationship, or in relationships, where we feel safe. Relationships where we are understood, accepted, affirmed and forgiven.” Dr. Arthur Caliandro (RIP retired Minister at Marble Collegiate Church, NYC)
“I want to try and establish what this passion is, whose every genuine manifestation is characterized by beauty…” 1st sentence in De L’Amour (On Love) by Stendhal (1822). This is one of my favorite Stendhal books and it works in the context of the rest of this post. I appreciate Dr. Caliandro’s view on relationships and love. Even when we dismiss it, it matters in all of our lives. He was the Minister at the first church I joined when I moved to NY. He passed away recently. My condolences go out to his family.
Happy New Year! This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: Call Me Ishmael. Take the first sentence from your favorite book and make it the first sentence of your post.
Positive Motivation Tip: A little hope can take us to immense love… Believe. ♥HAPPY NEW YEAR!♥ 🙂
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos Angel of Hope, via Wikipedia or via Flickr!
- Stendhal on Vanity-Love (thedsn.wordpress.com)
- The Seven Stages of Relationship – Very Few Get Beyond Stage Six (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- The Myth Of Universal Love (NYTimes.com)
- I’m at stage 6, and I am afraid. (dipitinadream.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: You Yourself Must Change It… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- How Love Works: Stendhal on “Crystallization” and the Seven Stages of Love (1822) (brainpickings.org)