“Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Girl Talk – Make Me Wanna
In our lifetime, we get to do a ton of stuff, and then, there are things we either don’t do or never get round to doing… This prompt from MamaKat’s Writers Workshop & Confessions Of A Pioneer Woman asks us to come up with a list of 22 things we’ve never done. They can be things from the zany to the mundane; from the subtle to the sublime. Below is my zany list. See if you can top it with yours or perhaps confess that you’ve actually done a few things on my list. Have some fun… Go on then.
I’m xoxo xoxo years old.
And I’ve never:
1. Milked an Alpaca.
2. Tried skydiving naked.
3. Bathed in a vat of chocolate.
4. Split an atom or shun girl talk
“In that world, you’ll be able to rise in the morning with the spirit you had known in your childhood: that spirit of eagerness, adventure and certainty which comes from dealing with a rational universe.” Ayn Rand
5. Gone white water rafting in the grand canyon.
6. Played a banjo with my eyes closed.
7. Skateboarded on the Great Wall of China.
8. Smoked a real Cuban grown cigar.
9. Gone skinny dipping in Lincoln Center Fountain Plaza.
“The refusal to rest content, the willingness to risk excess on behalf of one’s obsessions, is what distinguishes artists from entertainers, and what makes some artists adventurers on behalf of us all.” John Updike
10. Visited Alaska to photograph or shoot a caribou.
11. Learned how to pole dance.
12. Inhaled like a past President claimed.
13. Eaten Monkey Brains.
14. Starred in a baby got back rap video.
15. Gotten a tattoo on my forehead.
16. Worn a meat dress.