Remembrance: Happy Father’s Day

15/06/2014

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” Rumi

Inspiration: Happy Father’s Day… my light on the fearless path

You might not be here
But I know your spirit’s near
Each tear and smile … caught

Whenever I’m down
Your comforting light appears
Telling me: Be Strong!

Happy Father’s Day
My light on the fearless path
Guiding me each day

Each Father’s Day, I experience my father’s absence differently. Some years, the memories are wistful, and other years they are reflective. However, one thing remains constant and that is my gratitude for his influence on my life. I know we each come to this conversation with different stories, but, my prayer for each of us is that we will use our experiences and memories of this precious relationship to make a positive impact on someone’s life. Happy Father’s Day to you and yours!

“Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” Rumi

Inspiration: Happy Father’s Day… I love you

Today, we looked back
My siblings and I recalled
Your words of wisdom

Rock of Gibraltar
You were not perfect, you CARED
For that, I’m grateful

Happy Father’s Day
If I could see you again,
I’d say, I Love You!

I’ve written a bit, on this blog, about my Dad and his work ethic; he spent his life working hard to provide for us, for our extended family and our community. Staying connected with family mattered to him. “Your family means everything especially in difficult times.”  he would say, I agree. It is never too late to reconnect with loved ones and mend broken fences. Sometimes, we let pride get in the way of love and forgiveness. If that is your story, reach out and begin your journey to healing the past by ending the animosity. What have you done to show fatherly love today? Happy Father’s Day!

Positive Motivation Tip:  It is often said that our parents share more than their  DNA  with us. They  embed memories in our hearts, shape our lives, and help us build character. On Father’s Day, I am reminded to cherish mine. Go celebrate yours!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos  Light on pathway, via Wikipedia and/or Love Candles by Doug88888 via Flickr

1. 16/06/2014 2:02 am

Ahh a lovely tribute my dear :-)

2. 16/06/2014 3:28 am

So true. Parents are SO much more than DNA. It sounds like you learned some important lessons from your dad and learned them well.

3. 16/06/2014 7:20 am

A beautiful and touching tribute Eliz. Happy Monday :-)

4. lisa galuna permalink
    16/06/2014 5:31 pm

I Feel Your Pain I Just Lost My Dad Within The Past Year Thank You For The Beautiful Words & Caring & Thinking Of Others!! XOXOXO

5. 18/06/2014 5:10 am

Reblogged this on House Of Lords.

6. 24/06/2014 5:16 am

Very nice tribute. I lost my father when I was very young, but there is a sense of him I can still recall after all these years

7. 17/06/2015 1:48 pm

Reblogged this on Mirth and Motivation and commented:

“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” Rumi

The Ocean Moving All Night – Rumi
    Stay with us. Don’t sink to the bottom like a fish going to sleep.
    Be with the ocean moving steadily all night, not scattered like a rainstorm.
    The spring we’re looking for is somewhere in this murkiness
    See the night-lights up there traveling together, the candle awake in its gold dish.
    Don’t slide into the cracks of the ground like spilled mercury.
    When the full moon comes out, look around.

Liked by 1 person

8. Robin Masshole mommy permalink
    17/06/2015 2:59 pm

I am looking forward to making Father’s Day special for my husband this year! He deserves it!

9. amanda permalink
    17/06/2015 3:03 pm

Father’s Day is going to be a really rough one for me this year. It is the fifth anniversary of my dad’s passing. Ugh.

10. Hui Zi permalink
    18/06/2015 2:38 am

Lovely tribute.. I’m spending some time with my dad tomorrow – advance Father’s day.

11. sriches permalink
    18/06/2015 6:05 am

What a lovely post! My dad is epic and has always been a hero of mine!x

12. Fred Hawson permalink
    18/06/2015 7:11 am

Thank you for the advanced greeting. I also dedicate this special day to my own father, whom I love dearly. The guidance you get from your father is unlike that of our mother. I hope I can also make a difference in the lives of my kids.

13. Makeba G. permalink
    18/06/2015 7:31 am

What a lovely tribute. My Dad is no loner here as well, so I can definitely resonate with this.

14. Mia Foo permalink
    18/06/2015 8:02 am

very nice tribute! frankly speaking, father’s day are too underrated! it’s high time we send some (or more) love to our fathers and thank them for all they’ve done for the family.

15. Lisa Nolan at Monkey Star Press permalink
    18/06/2015 10:03 am

I enjoy reading your poetry and inspiring quotes! So refreshing in a sea of product blogs!

16. Nicol Wong permalink
    18/06/2015 11:43 am

this makes me miss my dad. i wish i said i loved him to his face before he passed away

17. 18/06/2015 1:29 pm

Love your post. My father spent his time working extremely hard as well. In fact he never missed a day of work, all so that he could look after all of us.

18. hannah gee permalink
    18/06/2015 3:02 pm

This is so relevant for me right now, such beautiful words. I hope you still find comfort in this for your dad.

19. The Trophy WifeStyle permalink
    18/06/2015 4:22 pm

Awwwww loved this post :) so touching! Your dad sounds like he was a great man :)

20. Sandy D. permalink
    18/06/2015 4:35 pm

My dad passed as well, 2 years ago. This tribute is so sweet and thoughtful! <3

21. Sunshine Kelly permalink
    18/06/2015 6:56 pm

Happy Father’s Day to all the great dad in this world. We love you and will take care of you.

22. 18/06/2015 7:07 pm

I agree with Mia Foo, Father’s Day is usually underrated compared to Mother’s Day. We should be reminded that our father’s did so much for us too. And biologically, we won’t be here if it weren’t for them, right? Hehe.

I miss my dad. :( He’s far from me now so I won’t be able to celebrate it with him.

23. Michelle hwee permalink
    18/06/2015 9:45 pm

Great post as always. Very heart-strong and beautifully written.

24. Kendra permalink
    18/06/2015 10:39 pm

What a sweet and touching post. Thank you for sharing your tribute with us all!

25. Fernando Ceballos Lachica permalink
    18/06/2015 11:19 pm

Father’s Day brings joy, memories and happiness to all. Everyone celebrates the most important person in our lives. My father loves this day, ever since, “Father, I love you.”

26. Tiffany Yong permalink
    19/06/2015 2:44 am

Aw…. that’s so sweet of you Elizabeth~ I guess many people won’t learn to appreciate until they really lose their loved ones and this is a good tribute..

27. emma garratt permalink
    19/06/2015 3:03 am

Such beautiful words. It’s always lovely and beneficial to turn something negative into something good xx

28. foundfrolicking permalink
    19/06/2015 6:23 am

I am so sorry for the loss of your father, even though it was some time ago. I was not fortunate to have a wonderful father as you did, but I do have one heck of a step father! The father I appreciate each year these last three years (since our son was born in 2012) is my husband. I think holidays are great for more grand gestures, but that too often they are looked at as the only time to be grateful and do things for the individual appropriate for the occasion. I don’t just celebrate my husband on Father’s Day, but everyday. I always try to be thoughtful and do little things for him that he gets enjoyment from, like picking up a croissant at a bakery during the day so he has a nice snack to enjoy with tea before supper, or making his morning coffee to save him the time of doing it himself before he heads off for work for the day!

29. Carol Cassara permalink
    19/06/2015 7:02 am

I miss my father & this post made me take a moment to remember him. I love the image, too.

30. Franc Ramon permalink
    19/06/2015 8:38 am

I lost my father at a young age and every fathers day I get to appreciate that it took him just 16 years to shape me to be the person I am. He never left as he’ll always be a part of who we are.

31. April G permalink
    19/06/2015 9:52 am

I consider myself a fatherless daughter, so I choose to celebrate my husband on this day as an excellent father to my children.

32. sosimplystephanie2014 permalink
    19/06/2015 12:08 pm

Great tribute! I can’t imagine what I would do without my dad. I’m grown and still a Daddy’s Girl!

33. Fatemah Sajwani permalink
    19/06/2015 2:16 pm

It’s a great post dear, especially the father’s day poem. My sisters and I already celebrated an early father day lol this week.

34. Megan permalink
    19/06/2015 2:19 pm

A very beautiful and touching tribute to the memory of your father. Like April, I celebrate my amazing husband on Father’s Day.

35. Karen permalink
    19/06/2015 4:01 pm

Very touching, I know your DAD loves how you remember him. Happy Father’s Day!

36. The Lone Star Blogger permalink
    20/06/2015 3:04 am

Been out of town, sorry took so long! Really lovely post! :-D

37. Lisa Rios permalink
    20/06/2015 5:55 am

Happy Father’s day to all Dads out there. You are so lucky as you have a wonderful dad. My husband is almost the same, he loves the family and take so much care on my kids. Your family pic is really awesome. Thanks for sharing.

• 21/06/2015 10:08 am

Happy Father’s Day to you too! I loved your story about your Dad; it was touching. Our Dads were not perfect but they gave their best… that is what matters. I miss mine every day and his death sometimes seems like it happened yesterday. TY! <3

38. Victoria permalink
    20/06/2015 6:56 am

Beautiful tribute. Father’s Day is a very important day.

39. michelle co permalink
    20/06/2015 9:40 pm

Lovely post you got here, it is always nice to honor those you love

40. Holly @ Woman Tribune permalink
    22/06/2015 4:29 am

I am so sorry to hear your father is not with you, especially on Father’s Day. I am so thankful for my dad. He was a single father and did so much for me.

41. gettingfitfab permalink
    22/06/2015 6:09 am

This is a beautiful tribute so sweet♥ Father’s Day is an extremely important day.

42. desafio6 permalink
    22/06/2015 7:23 am

Beautiful tribute for those fathers that are not longer with us.

43. maggiesblog2 permalink
    22/06/2015 5:09 pm

Beautiful tribute! Very touching!

44. Victoria permalink
    23/06/2015 8:36 am

What a lovely tribute. I hope Father’s Day went well, what a special day.

45. Mrs. Jilly Fisher permalink
    23/06/2015 11:04 am

What a beautiful post! We should celebrate our dads whether they are with us or not. =-) <3

46. Kaye Fig / I Love Keisha permalink
    26/06/2015 3:02 am

I love this heartwarming post! We had a great Father’s day celebration here at home.

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,922 other followers