Top 10 Things You Don’t Want On Valentine’s Day

14/02/2014

“I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.”  Author Unknown

Dead Flowers are a no no

Happy Valentine’s Day 2014 – Dead Flowers are a no no

Dead Flowers

A Card With That Hoochie’s Name On It

A Gift Addressed To Someone Else

Cheap Chocolates In a Godiva Box

A Souffle Or Anything That Doesn’t Rise

Hot Lingerie that Doesn’t Fit

Ella Fitzgerald – My Funny Valentine (High Quality – Remastered)

Happy Valentine’s Day 2014! I hope you are having a wonderful time and enjoying the laxative chocolates you received. Now if you’re lucky, you might get all you asked for. If not, find some humor in it and keep on strutting. You are loved by someone out here. Enjoy the music. Come back for the rest. Better yet, give me a one liner to add and I if I add it below, I’ll  give you a surprise gift.

MORE BELOW!

“I wanted to make it really special on Valentine’s Day, so I tied my boyfriend up. And for three solid hours I watched whatever I wanted on TV.” Tracy Smith

A Re-Gifted Christmas Gift  For Valentine's Day

A Re-Gifted Christmas Gift For Valentine’s Day

Tickets To NFL Super Bowl XLVIII (48), Duh?

A Re-gifted Xmas Gift

A Dear Jane/John Letter

A Receipt To A Sleazy Vegas Motel Not The “Business Trip.”

I wish everyone a very Happy Valentine’s Day! May you find HUMOR, joy, love, peace and pleasure in your home and surroundings. While this is a day for love, some people won’t  celebrate it. Send your laughter, love prayers and blessings to the lonely and then sprinkle the rest around the globe.
What are your thoughts? What are your wishes for this special day? Please share your thoughts in a comment below. Thank you!

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post:

Positive Motivation Tip: Even on this day, humor helps… make your love go global

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos Dead Flowers vvia 4Shared.com, Xmas Gifts via Wikipedia or my Personal Collection.

1. 14/02/2014 3:51 pm

A gift addressed to someone else!

2. aleshafulltimemama permalink
    14/02/2014 4:24 pm

BAHAHA!! I LOVE that Tracey Smith quote! I’ve got nothing as far as thinks I don’t want (your list is perfect), but I AM looking forward to spending time with my friends and family tonight! Nothing better than friends and family!

3. omgitschelsea permalink
    14/02/2014 4:36 pm

Hahaah this is great! Dead flowers definitely cracked me up.

4. Robin (Masshole Mommy) permalink
    14/02/2014 4:54 pm

Hahaha – nope, I definitely don’t want dead flowers. Which just reminded me of something funny. My papa (who is now long gone) used to get my nana’s valentine’s day flowers off of dead people’s graves at the cemetery. Ok, maybe it wasn’t funny at the time, but to hear my nana tell the story is pretty funny now.

5. TheHouseholdHero.com (@HouseholdHeroMC) permalink
    14/02/2014 6:45 pm

Ha! Those were funny! No gift is better than those gifts!

6. 14/02/2014 8:09 pm

My but those gifts are terrible, I want none of them. I’m happy with a few good chocolate and a few long kisses…maybe more ;) Valentines day is also not a time for practical gifts. No socks.

7. 14/02/2014 9:01 pm

The less fuss the better for me. We went to Cracker Barrel and then home to snuggle and watch a movie. That’s all it takes!

8. 14/02/2014 9:11 pm

Funny post…that has got to be the worst if your gift has someone else’s name, on it or its a regift…lol. Also, I’ve had that happen to me…getting hot lingerie that did not fit…on top. :(

9. 15/02/2014 12:52 am

“A Card With That Hoochie’s Name On It” :lol:

10. paige permalink
    15/02/2014 2:01 am

You hit the nail on the head! I definitely don’t want any of those things!!

11. 15/02/2014 4:15 am

Funny! These gifts would certainly work if someone is trying to run their Valentine off. How horrible for anyone to consider gifting these items. Does that really happen?

12. 15/02/2014 4:45 am

ha! These are awesome!

13. 15/02/2014 6:29 am

Thanks for the smile! Yep Dead Flowers are not good! :)

14. 15/02/2014 6:54 am

My husband is a big football fan! He would freak put over super bowl tickets!

15. Clarissa permalink
    15/02/2014 8:38 am

Haha! This post made me laugh! Happy valentine’s day to you!

16. 15/02/2014 8:46 am

Funny! That’s why I don’t even want live roses for Valentine’s Day…because I have no green thumb, and it doesn’t take long and they’re dead roses :) As for the chocolate…I’d take cheap chocolate even in a Godiva box, LOL!

17. 15/02/2014 8:57 am

hahaha

love this. i have to add: being forgotten about. because that isn’t very fun either

18. 15/02/2014 8:57 am

LOL love this. Not every day I read a post about what you don’t want on Valentine’s Day. Too cute.

19. 15/02/2014 11:19 am

hahaha I laughed out loud about the chubby toddler coming at you with a weapon LMAO so very true. As always beautifully written thanks for sharing!

20. toughcookiemommy permalink
    15/02/2014 12:47 pm

LOL @ a card with a hoochie’s name on it. My husband knows better than that, thankfully.

21. 15/02/2014 12:49 pm

Valentines day is way overrated anyway!! LOL Just another way for the candy companies and florists to make a little extra cash!! Love the regifting a Christmas gift! LOL

22. 15/02/2014 12:50 pm

So funny! And all of these are true! Who’d want dead flowers?

23. amandaripsam permalink
    15/02/2014 12:51 pm

I got assorted chocolates and a rose. Do to my health issues I am not suppose to each chocolate but he knows how much I love it and got me a small box. last year he got me this huge box lol There were some funny ones on there. I wonder what losers gave those to their girls I agree my hubby knows better as well lol

24. 15/02/2014 1:08 pm

I certainly wouldn’t want any of those gifts..hahaha! My hub got me a balloon, stuffed animal, Coach Purse, Coach Perfume, Card, Flowers, and a romantic night.

25. ia2ca permalink
    15/02/2014 1:32 pm

We treated ourselves to a night out at a comedy club. For us, the experiences are better than chocolate or candy.

26. izzyo6527i permalink
    15/02/2014 2:03 pm

Pretty funny! I enjoyed it.

27. 15/02/2014 2:27 pm

Those were great!!! We don’t do big gifts, usually just small things. Husband bought me a small bouquet of flowers and I made him a little candy/junk food bouquet.

28. 15/02/2014 2:35 pm

I am not a fresh flower person… I like growing them outside, but don’t like cut ones in my house… so, dead or alive, I don’t want flowers. I would take a plant though.

29. 15/02/2014 4:39 pm

Lol Valentine’s Day is such a crazy holiday. Makes me glad that it’s over.

30. 15/02/2014 5:08 pm

this was wonderful…even if I am a bit late

31. Sarah permalink
    15/02/2014 5:49 pm

Ek what a list lol – I was just thinking service station flowers as well they are always awful lol x

32. 15/02/2014 7:05 pm

Ours was quiet. Celebrating late this year.Those were funny!

33. 15/02/2014 7:43 pm

This was an interesting look at the holiday. Some of the items on your list were quite funny.

34. 15/02/2014 7:49 pm

That is too funny! And love that quote about cupid too. Some of the holidays we celebrate really are interesting … like shouldn’t we really be showing our loved ones we love them EVERY day?! :) Honestly, it’s mostly a way for the retailers to make some $ and of course we fall for it. ;)

35. 15/02/2014 8:00 pm

hahahah no one wants dead flowers ever! As to giving cheap chocolate in a Godiva box, that is sooo WRONG LOL

36. 15/02/2014 8:19 pm

lol. Love the humor :) Thanks for the laugh. I understand the comment about tying up the guy so you can watch tv though ;)

37. 15/02/2014 11:44 pm

Those quotes are very funny. I think it is important to keep the humor not just for Valentines Day but any time we get a gift. You’ve listed some crazy gift ideas. LOL

38. 16/02/2014 1:06 am

Hahaha too funny, you should do humour more often, you do it well!

39. 16/02/2014 2:12 am

OMG I busted out laughing at this. I’m so thinking of getting dead flowers for hubby next year. :)

40. 16/02/2014 5:17 am

Anyone gives me (laxative) chocolate will get a special helping of my spaghetti sauce with EXTRA CHILI!!

41. 16/02/2014 5:22 am

LOL. I agree with you 100%, especially the one when you got mailed the wrong Valentine. Talk about ouch.

42. 16/02/2014 7:08 am

hahaha that was too funny. No one wants dead flowers! For sure!!

43. 16/02/2014 7:52 am

HA! I wouldn’t want any of those things – but especially not a chubby toddler with a weapon approaching me. I hope you had a great day!

44. 16/02/2014 2:08 pm

This post totally cracked me up! I know I sure don’t want ANY of these things for Valentine’s Day! :)

45. prettyopinionated permalink
    16/02/2014 4:16 pm

Lol, those are definitely things I wouldn’t want! I’d be okay with the regifted Christmas present, as long as I didn’t know it was regifted!

46. CrazyMom permalink
    16/02/2014 4:23 pm

Hahah..LOVED your list and the one addressed to someone else.. well.. nuff said..LOL..thanks for sharing.. hope you had a great Valentine’S Day

47. 16/02/2014 5:31 pm

Too funny! Definitely don’t want any of these for Valentine’s Day!

48. 16/02/2014 11:07 pm

A card with a hoochie’s name on it. Yep, that is exactly what I better not get on a Valentine’s Day, haha! Unless that hoochie is me, of course. ;)

49. 17/02/2014 12:11 am

I will agree with all on this list! Getting a gift with someone else’s name on it would be the worst!!

50. 17/02/2014 2:14 am

lol i love this list

51. 17/02/2014 8:37 am

A few years back, I was told by someone we were breaking up. Definitely not something you want on V-Day! Bad timing dude!

52. 17/02/2014 10:41 am

HAHAH! This is too funny!! A card with a hoochie’s name on it? That’s too good! And no one… NO ONE better give me cheap chocolates and lie about where they came from!

53. Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? permalink
    17/02/2014 12:22 pm

What a funny list! That quote is hilarious. And yeah, a gift with somebody else’s name on it? Yikes!

54. 17/02/2014 12:35 pm

Wow, this is definitely a list of things that I wouldn’t have wanted. Luckily I didn’t get any of them.

55. 19/02/2014 12:14 pm

Great post! I don’t want any of those things for any Valentines Day either!

56. Savvy Saving Couple (@SavvySavingCoup) permalink
    20/02/2014 5:49 pm

Hot lingerie that does not fit?! Now that is an awful thing to cause a lot of fights!

57. 21/02/2014 11:34 am

This post is hilarious! I’ve gotten some doozies in my days w/my hubby, but a box of Borax for Christmas was the.worst (he thought it was great because someone told him it would help w/our well water issues in the laundry, lol!).

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,898 other followers