“The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” William Blake
On this special day
We give thanks for our blessings
A rare gift this year
Hanukkah and Thanksgiving
Let’s celebrate both
A quote floated by…
“Thankful people are happy!”
On Facebook today
Say thanks and prayers
Life is short. We never know…
For whom the bell tolls
Thanksgiving is truly the beginning of the Holiday Season in the US, and families gather to give thanks, celebrate with loved ones and share their good fortune. The WP DailyPost Weekly Challenge called for five days of Haiku, and I have duly indulged my love of the genre here; Two for each day = a total of Ten stanzas (five above and five below) in honor of Thanksgiving. I chose the traditional 17 morae Haiku 5-7-5 phrasing/syllable format. Line 1 = 5; Line 2 = 7; and Line 3 = 5 syllables. Share yours below. Enjoy!
“If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” W. Clement Stone
Writing a haiku a day
Keeps blocked heads at bay
In case we forget
To say thanks and a prayer
Sweet smiles will suffice
Don’t count your seedlings
Plant them with care; tend with love
What we sow, will grow.
Do count your blessings
Add your friends and family
Share some with the poor…
Adds up to 5 syllables
Now, what could top that?
The joy of Haiku is that you can be playful or philosophical and still get your message across. I hope you enjoyed mine. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving? How would you have written your fun haiku? Do share! Have an inspired week! Thank you.
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Writing Challenge: Haiku Catchoo! For this week’s challenge,You can write two haiku one day and three the next, or five all in one day, or one haiku every day from today through Friday — the choice is entirely up to you.
Positive Motivation Tip: Treat every day as a day of Thanksgiving and watch your gratitude quotient grow.
- Happy Thanksgiving! (fantageplaza.wordpress.com)
- Daily Haiku Thoughts on Art (artmoscow.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving ! – Big Shout out to @Vitalyzdtv (thefin1sher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Haiku Catchoo! (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Haiku. – It’s a Verb Now… A Thing I Do. (mommyverbs.wordpress.com)
- Thanks Give In (Weekly Writing Challenge: Haiku Catchoo!) (eternaldomnation.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Haiku / Outdoors (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- Haiku Heights Prompt #310: Thanks! (thesanctuaryofmyheart.com)