We watched it land, red and proud
Perched on a branch, nary a sound
The phone rang… Peace wasn’t calling
Red Cardinal knew it and went flying
Which was more unsettling?
The interruption or the sudden departure…
In my reorganization mode, I’ve been writing Small Stones which the originators describe as:”a short piece of writing (prose or poetry) that precisely captures a fully-engaged moment. The process of discovering small stones is as important as the finished product. Searching for small stones will encourage you to keep all your senses; – your eyes,(and ears, nose, mouth, fingers, feelings and mind) open.” This post also compliments the Bloggers for Peace effort. Check them both out. I’m adding several Small Stones to tie in with other prompts too. I’ll be back on track by the weekend. TY! More below.
“Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
I’d echo Dr. King’s sentiments. Peace is an every day affair
When we consciously engage with others in a peaceful way
When Peace is in constant action, then, we expect it everywhere.
The bird, the poster, peace efforts, the street sculpture…
All add something to Peace.
Happy New Year! This post was also inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: Take Two Run outside. Take a picture of the first thing you see. Run inside. Take a picture of the second thing you see. Write about the connection between these two random objects, people, or scenes.
Positive Motivation Tip: Keep peace close to your heart and spread the word. ♥HAPPY NEW YEAR!♥
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.
- Reflection for today…The Roots of Peace -Thich Nhat Hanh (mysoulsonice.wordpress.com)
- Peace (vannettachapman.wordpress.com)
- Bloggers for Peace (thepanamaadventure.wordpress.com)
- Vision of Peace Project (samantha562.com)
- Peace Be (bigbowlofthoughtsoup)
- A Prayer of Peace for the Courageous and Strong (egopolemic.wordpress.com)
- Rush Rush, Hurry Hurry (thepeacefilledlife.wordpress.com)
- Bloggers For Peace-Learning to Fly (everydaygurus.wordpress.com)
- AKA Peace Rally and Workshop for Youth (atlanta.cbslocal.com)
- Haiku: May Peace Prevail… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Bloggers for Peace–Learning to Fly (sarahneeve.wordpress.com)
- True Peacemakers of Elohim (daileytalks.wordpress.com)
- We Can Make a Difference – Right Here, Right Now (everydaygurus.com)
- Bloggers For Peace: WE Can Make A Difference (theobamacrat.com)