Haiku: The Early Years…
This is not page three
Early years, part idyllic
Spent buried in books…
Curled up in a corner of my dad’s home office, book in hand, I entered the magical world of words. There, I found the sunny parts and the missing parts of my life; a world that made more sense. In this haiku, I share snippets of my early years… and I’m just being honest about the specific page numbers in my offline writings.
“Life is the childhood of our immortality.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This is not page two
Mystified by my childhood
Shrouded in secrets…
Some parts of my earliest years were shrouded in mystery. The inexplicable absence of certain details filled in by invented imagery.
¸.•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪Happy New Year to You & Yours!.♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ♥
“The world is full of people who have never, since childhood, met an open doorway with an open mind.” E. B. White
This is not page one
Didn’t I have a childhood?
A doorway much lost…
As childhoods go, there were key elements missing, and when the subject was broached, the answers baffled me. What about you? Did you write page three of your autobiography? Update: If I missed checking your blog, it was because I was at the hospital with a loved one… they will be fine. •.★♥★.• Happy New Year All!•.★♥★.• Love ya! :-)
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: The Early Years. Write page three of your autobiography.
And Weekly Writing Challenge: Just Do It! Your challenge: post every day for a full week. We’re excited to see what you’ll post about — be sure to tag your post DPchallenge so that we can follow your progress.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience! :-)
Positive Motivation Tip: The early years are both formative and formidable. To survive them is to be truly blessed. This post is for you!
- Haiku: The Oasis Within… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Peace Lover… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem Haiku ~ Narcissus (managuagunntoday.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: May Peace Prevail… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Just A Dream… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Immortalized as Lady Liberty… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Haiku Heights Prompt: New (readinpleasure.wordpress.com)
- Ku On This Experiment (radicalamazement.wordpress.com)
- Haiku: Forever Young… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- “Resolution” Haiku #31 (thesecretkeeper.net)