Musings: World Without End…
The world didn’t end as some doomsday devotees had predicted. We are still here, and the blessings and burdens remain; we can choose our perspective and plan accordingly. I like the idea of optimism as a form of grace because it takes grace to see the good in rotten situations. We all weather life’s storms … Don’t give up. Did you think the world would end? While on an optimistic note, do show my Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise! post some blog likes. TY!
For the Eternal Optimist (EO), we live in a world without end. For the Eternal Pessimist (EP), it’s just a matter of time before we fall off the precipice. Then there is a third category – The Learned Optimist (LO) with a dash of doubt. For them, it all depends on … some intangible detail or maybe a few more facts. Perhaps that is why it’s LO not LOL! :lol: Which one are you most of the time? Are you a blend of all three? More below!
“Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done.” Bo Bennett
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son
and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be:
world without end. Amen. Gloria Patri
It’s raining outside and the cafe owners want more traffic. They invite you to sit under the green canopy and enjoy a glass of wine and coffee refills on the house. You will get a little bit wet, but the last time I checked, nobody had died from sitting a bit in the rain. Of course, you can sit inside and pay full fare; no freebies. Choose your day! What would you do? Happy Holiday Season to All! What are your thoughts? How Optimistic are you?
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience! :-)
Positive Motivation Tip: Optimism is a state we can choose to inhabit or ignore. You decide.
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos Eternal Optimism, Eternal & Learned Optimism collage #1, #2, #3 via Wikipedia, Optimism by Theen, MisUsed Optimism by ClintJCL via Flickr, or via my personal collection
- Musings and affirmations: I believe in myself and my abilities! 12-23-12 (martinamcgowan.com)
- Spreading the Light #9 (espirational.com)
- Reflections: In Hindsight, Optimism Prevails… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Musings: On Peace… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- The Thoughtful Key to Becoming More Optimistic (psychcentral.com)
- The Science of Our Optimism Bias and the Life-Cycle of Happiness (brainpickings.org)
- Look on the bright side: A Q&A with TED ebook author Tali Sharot on our biological wiring for optimism (ted.com)