Inspiration: Dig Deeper For Gratitude…

18/12/2012

“Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Inspiration: Dig Deeper For Gratitude...

Inspiration: Dig Deeper For Gratitude…

If you find it hard to be grateful for what you have, it is time to dig deeper and be brave when looking for the gratitude. Madisyn Taylor

As the holiday season is upon us, many are struggling and others feel overwhelmed. Let’s dig deep and find the good things that carried us through the year …  And when the tough questions come up, we’ll know what to do. More below!

“Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” Aesop

Inspiration: Dig Deeper For Gratitude...

Inspiration: Dig Deeper For Gratitude…

What I’ve learned is there’s a scientifically proven phenomenon that’s attached to gratitude, and that if you consciously take note of what is good in your life, quantifiable benefits happen. Deborah Norville

Even if it’s been a hard year and, as we reminisce, we find ourselves bereft of good memories, lets dig deeper for the good… And answer that tough question: what are we thankful for this season? What are your thoughts?

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth. What question do you hate to be asked? Why?

*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience! :-)

Positive Motivation Tip: When life’s challenges leave us feeling empty, lets dig deeper for the good… it’s there, and ready to lift us up.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos, Gratitude ducks, via Wikipedia, Gratitude candle by Nathalie Booth via Flickr, or via my personal collection

About these ads
  1. 20/12/2012 4:19 am

I am so thankful that we live near one of Australia’s major hospitals and that my daughter has access to some great specialist doctors while she needs them :-)

Great post Eliz, thanks xx

• 20/12/2012 6:51 pm

TY! And I’m glad for you too… I spent all day in the hospital with one of my mine and it will be a long process for us, so I understand… :-)

• 21/12/2012 12:33 am

sorry to hear you’re dealing with illness in the family too Elizabeth, sending good thoughts your way..

• 21/12/2012 2:30 pm

TY dear one… We take it one day at a time and add prayers to it all. Sending hugs and love to your family too… {{{HUGS}}}

2. 20/12/2012 6:08 am

I am thankful that the huge twists and turns my life has made this past year has landed me in the blogosphere where I can get love and hugs from people like you, Elizabeth. I am thankful that I have found gratitude, and it has saved my life.

• 20/12/2012 6:53 pm

Amen to that and I am blessed by the love and support I’ve received here too… TY!

3. 20/12/2012 6:28 am

“Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” Aesop
    *********************
    I had never heard this before! Its very nice! Don’t worry about catching up with me. Enjoy your holiday I’m not going anywhere!!! LOL Just relax and have a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!

• 20/12/2012 6:54 pm

I love that quote too. You are so kind… I’m doing the best I can and will keep it up… TY for your patience! :-)

• 21/12/2012 2:31 pm

TY! :-)

4. 20/12/2012 6:49 am

I’m so grateful for a long and happy marriage. Every morning when I wake up, I’m thankful for a new day. :)

• 20/12/2012 6:57 pm

Indeed you are abundantly blessed! TY for sharing your joy Adin. :-)

5. 20/12/2012 7:42 am

gratitude can change your life if you let it. I truly believe it.
    I’m grateful for our friendship Elizabeth.
    b

• 20/12/2012 6:58 pm

I’m equally blessed to have connected with you… TY for your friendship too. :-)

6. 20/12/2012 9:46 am

What if the only gifts people gave were truly just to tell them how much they are appreciated. Now that would be digging deep, but……how many of the recipients would appreciate it? :)

• 20/12/2012 6:59 pm

That would be wonderful… Now, all must be in agreement I suppose. TY for your idea! :-)

7. 20/12/2012 11:10 am

Grateful for you, Eliz! And the joyful year I’ve had connecting with kid-lit writers! And 2013 to look forward to with all of the amazing adventures that will unfold!
    It has been a hard year in many ways…but bliss awaits with the turn of a page or the opening of a door.:)

• 20/12/2012 7:01 pm

” bliss awaits with the turn of a page or the opening of a door.” :) Amen to that blessing! May we all meet our bliss. TY! :-) Grateful to have met you too.

8. 20/12/2012 12:23 pm

Sweet Elizabeth, I love hearing you said this (or actully read you wrote it): “find the good things that carried us through the year” – just words I believe in – said with a huge twinkle in my eye – so we use one month a year correcting the “mistakes” we make in 11 months – why not turn it on and be good to one another for 11 months a year and then “act like crazy” in one month instead… :-) ;-)

• 20/12/2012 7:03 pm

Hey, why not? whatever rocks your boat and keeps you happy is fine with me. Act Like Crazy… Reminds me of a favorite song by Prince… Let’s Go Crazy! TY! :lol:

9. Allyson Mellone permalink
    20/12/2012 3:16 pm

I’ve had another challenging year with family mostly. I am grateful to have had the challenges, though. It’s enabled me to confront and find answers to them in spite of it all. I value your posts. They have kept me hopeful. Thank you so much!

• 20/12/2012 7:05 pm

TY Allyson! I’ve had a challenging year too and can relate. I’m grateful for the blessings that have come from it… :-) Hugs to you Allyson… we all need some. {{{HUGS}}}

10. 21/12/2012 5:51 am

I’m surprised to find the German Dietrich Bonhoeffer in your blog!

• 21/12/2012 2:36 pm

Yes, Frizztext. When I find a quote I love, I use it and give information about the author… a la the quote. TY! :-)

11. 24/12/2012 6:02 pm

I am grateful for my health and that of my family. This is the first year without school and I am grateful (although I kinda miss it) for not having to study.

• 26/12/2012 5:08 pm

TY Miriam and you know, you worked hard for that degree so its best to be home with loved ones. :-)

1. Inspiration: In The Heart Of Winter… | Mirth and Motivation

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 30,408 other followers